Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (27801 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by loke(f): 5:31am On Feb 22, 2015
I won't give my children these names Okpako, Akpososo, Omavuai, Susana.They are so many but these are the one I can remember now.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by eluquenson(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan
Ebele
Goodluck
Carlos
Dame
grin
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Octaves(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2015
draggie:
favour, sucess, miracle, prosper, prevail, pentecost, holy. very annoying names.
lol. I hate those names. Dont know whether they are names or just nouns. I know somebody with the name Fear God (the short form come be Fear)
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2015
michwen:

Is obama an american name...Last tym I checked It was still kenyan
is buhari a Nigerian name? last time I checked, it was written 'not found, please check your spellings and try again '
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by jayne8585yahoo(f): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Zebede,
onyekaozulu
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Chuksgeo: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2015
I have a neighbour who named his children
Justice
Joy
Treasure
Courage
Precious and
Peace.
Actually I love these words of adjectives and nouns but I can't give them to my children. Other names are favour, increase,miracle, beloved, wonderful,destiny,angel,majesty,praise,worship, simple,prince & princess,merit,faith,prudence,honesty, earnest, hope,marvelous,goodness,desire,prosper,gift,happiness,comfort,mercy,victory & victor and eXcel or excellent.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by draggie(f): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2015
Octaves:
lol. I hate those names. Dont know whether they are names or just nouns. I know somebody with the name Fear God (the short form come be Fear)
Lol, fear God indeed! and i've noticed that these names are common in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Wyclefniranz(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
maximilliano
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by mytym(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Aremu
Obasanjo
Okikiola
Tinubu
Lamido
Aregbesola
Nebuchadnezzar
Hitler
Obama
Mugabe
Mykel
Farouk
Saraki
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by ChristyG(f): 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
All those useless anus-like names that Ibo pple name their children(Ibo names in general)sha angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
Patience, augustina, justina, livinus , Friday, Monday
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by nwadiuko1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
Fela,
Olanotu
Olatunji
Olaniyi
Okoro
Obumneke
Obasanjo
Osinbade
Jonathan
Buhari
Amingo
Mohammed
Dickson
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by melody12(f): 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Judas
Jezebel
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by melody12(f): 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chuksgeo:
I have a neighbour who named his children
Justice
Joy
Treasure
Courage
Precious and
Peace.
Actually I love these words of adjectives and nouns but I can't give them to my children. Other names are favour, increase,miracle, beloved, wonderful,destiny,angel,majesty,praise,worship, simple,prince & princess,merit,faith,prudence,honesty, earnest, hope,marvelous,goodness,desire,prosper,gift,happiness,comfort,mercy,victory & victor and eXcel or excellent.

aaaaaahh well mine are melody and flourish
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by savyboi: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
Get rude
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Octaves(m): 2:43am On Feb 23, 2015
draggie:

Lol, fear God indeed! and i've noticed that these names are common in Rivers state.
it's quite common in the christian states especially among pentecostal folks
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by draggie(f): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2015
Octaves:
it's quite common in the christian states especially among pentecostal folks
yes, you are right.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Hoodwing(m): 11:02am On Feb 23, 2015
michwen:

Is obama an american name...Last tym I checked It was still kenyan
I can't give Togo names like
cat
sun
moon
mod
man
shadowgwalker
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Hoodwing:

I can't give Togo names like
cat
sun
moon
mod
man
shadowgwalker
hahaha!!!left me alone ooh!!cheesy
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by doreenvee(f): 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
Rexyl:

that's the only name divinely personified. The wonderful name which is not associated with wickedness, violence, ungodliness and unrighteousness. That's is reason people can't afford to bear the name

people are bearing the name 'Jesus' but we have only one Jesus Christ.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by femi4: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Momma2:
Comfort, Patience
Anything wrong with those names?
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by ireneidiva(f): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
femi4:
Anything wrong with those names?
Everything is wrong with those names.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by femi4: 5:55am On Mar 27, 2015
ireneidiva:

Everything is wrong with those names.
like?
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by ireneidiva(f): 5:59am On Mar 27, 2015
femi4:
like?
Comfort means you are expecting troubles so that child will be a comfort to you when the troubles come. Patience means distress is coming and the child will patiently wait for the distress to be over. Plus those are english words not names. If you don't have a good name, just name the child in your native language.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by femi4: 6:02am On Mar 27, 2015
ireneidiva:

Comfort means you are expecting troubles so that child will be a comfort to you when the troubles come. Patience means distress is coming and the child will patiently wait for the distress to be over. Plus those are english words not names. If you don't have a good name, just name the child in your native language.
OK.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
For me, I can't risk giving any of children the following:

Magnus
Alloysius
Ignatius
Bonaventure
Bonachristus
...Infact, any name that ends with 'nus' grin

Others are:
Omiragua
Obumneme
Buhari. grin grin

What's yours, Familylanders? grin

I will not give these names

1 stanley = corny
2 ik= stubborn
3. Sandra= snake
4 sara=late marrieage or child

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Grown Up Nigerian Triplets / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / Man Missing Since 2008 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.