Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) (27803 Views)

How Governor Dankwambo Is Transforming Gombe State (Pics) / Details On How Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by argon500: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State has said the reason his aide, Abdullahi Mohammed, tore his Peoples Democratic Party membership card was because he turned down Mr. Mohammed’s request of N150 million.
Mr. Mohammed on Tuesday publicly tore his membership card in the state capital, Gombe, citing dissatisfaction with the manner the country was being run as his reason.
He specifically alleged that only a few of the large population of Nigeria were benefiting from the nation’s finances.
His action came just days after former President Olusegun Obasanjo had publicly destroyed his own PDP membership card, over his row with the party.
Speaking through his media aide, Junaidu Abubakar, on Friday, Mr. Dankwambo said Mr. Mohammed had approached him with an “outrageous request of N150m to solve a mortgage problem which was not granted”.
Mr. Abubakar said the governor had come to the rescue of Mr. Mohammed on several occasions, but that the request for N150 million would simply not be granted because the governor explained that N150 million can do a lot to the lives of the three million people in the state.
He said it would be wrong to give just one person N150 million in a state grappling with challenges.
The governor’s spokesperson added that Mr. Dankwambo would never join issues with any of his aides, but that Mr. Mohammed decided to lie over his decision, saying he did it for the masses.
“It is simply a case of lack of conscience on the former security assistant because he had earlier left the administration to run for a seat in the state assembly, after he lost he came back and the governor magnanimously re-appointed him,” Mr. Abubakar said.
“Governor Dankwambo respects the fact that individuals have a right to associate with anyone, especially in a democracy, but that does not give one the right to lie over it and malign others,” he said.
Mr. Abubakar added that the governor appointed Mr. Mohammed as an assistant on security matters despite having a retired commissioner of police and an AIG as advisers on security because he is at the forefront of the fight against insurgents who keep on disturbing the peace in the state.
“Despite the activities of insurgents, Gombe is the only state in the north east where non indigenes are not relocating in numbers.
“This is due to the serious manner in which the governor is personally leading the charge to the maintenance of peace in the state. Most of the wealthy individuals in Gombe today are those engaged in building materials and other businesses and most of them are from the South East, none is even thinking of going anywhere, Gombe is home to them,” he said.
The spokesperson of the governor said Mr. Dankwambo cannot go about giving out money to individuals, otherwise he would not have achieved what he achieved in the last three years.
He said the governor had built 158 roads of 128km in the whole of Gombe state and added that 120 new primary and secondary schools were also constructed while the sum of N2 billion was disbursed as soft loan to small-scale businesses in the state.
The spokesperson said the governor also established a microfinance bank in all the local governments with a capital of N500 million to aide local businesses.
“Most importantly, he governor has rehabilitated over 30,000 youth who were used as political thugs in the past, as we speak, all of them have been absorbed into the state civil service and they are contributing meaningfully to various sectors in the state,” he said.
I made no such request
When contacted, Mr. Mohammed denied that he requested for any money from the governor.
“It is not possible for an individual to make such an outrageous demand on a governor,” he said.
He also said the genesis of his problem with the PDP in the state started when the party asked some of its members running for election to step down and made certain promises. None of those promises were eventually fulfilled.
He said he PDP has no respect even for its own rules.
He added that his major reason for running for office as a lawmaker was to make sure that the right things are done in the security structure of the state.
He said as an assistant to the governor on security, he had very limited powers to use his experience for the good of the state, hence his decision to run.
Mr. Mohammed said Mr. Dankwambo appointed 10 of them as his security advisory team, but made them redundant.
“We were never allowed to do anything, we have never sat down with the governor for more than ten minutes, all repeated efforts to sit with him and discuss the issue of security failed.
“Rather, some persons who have no knowledge at all of security matters were the ones advising the governor,” he said.
Mr. Mohammed also confirmed that he has joined the opposition All Progressives Congress in the state. He said he joined the APC because by its congress, it showed what a disciplined party should be.
“Look at the two presidential primaries of the APC and the PDP, it would be clear to every serious politician which party has respect for its rules and promote internal democracy.
“It is clear that the kind of politics I want to play, that has respect for human dignity and development is not in the PDP and that is why I left, nothing more,” he said.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177210-why-my-aide-tore-his-pdp-membership-card-governor-dankwambo.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Elslim: 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why r u tellin us now after he already shamed u people? Naija d more u see the less u understand

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by size38: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Operation tear ur PDP membership card

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
You they do your own now people no talk
By the time the electorate damage their pvc you will say is illiteracy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by gistmelove(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin grin
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Oildichotomy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mr Dankwambo shouldn't bother himself explaining

We knew from the onset, politicians are self-serving

We are talking of Big Fishes {OBJ}, some tiny tadpoles wants to do notice me (SSA for that matter)

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
9ja would b better off wit d likes of these attention-seeking, dummy-level intellect d-bags kept at bay. Just sayin

10 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by slimzypink(f): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
cant wait for d election tu b over..this drama is too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by datguru: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
You see the people corrupting GEJ government? What do you need 150M for ? And because you couldn't get it you retorted to joining your fellow criminal in the association of past criminals (APC)

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by TippyTop(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
tolextony:
HOW TO BE AN APC MEMBER OR
FAN
1. Create lies; 2. Attack and insult
violently when facts are presented;
3.Scream "Sai Buhari" if faced with
superior argument.
4. Lose your sense of rationality and
logic.
5. Insult the president and anyone
that supports him
6. Lie that GEJ stole $49 billion.
7. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GEJ in a goodlight and
agree with any event or post that
portrays GEJ in a badlight.
8. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GMB in a badlight and
agree with any post showing him in
a goodlight.
6. Celebrate bokoharam attacks by
shouting "GEJ is Clueless, Our
soldiers are weak and 6weeks is
counting oh"
What surprises me is the ease and
unremorseful impunity at which
Buhari and his supporters tell lies.
You can never see any iota of
morality in them, it's such a shame!
If they tell you they represent
change tell them to refute the
attached picture. Imagine Tinubu
telling you he will fight
corruption..don't be decieved..Vote
wisely.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by yahrant140(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ahhhh, there is God o!
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Lifebender(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Abeg even the umblerra is to small to hide your failure.Just blame Gridluck for shifting the election undecided

The clueless one thought he'd win more people by shifting the election,now thing are becoming interesting....Anyway

In empty Hen Voice....Go Join The Winning Team

!JVHnq IVS

Oh lest i forget..There is a need for Farewell Crew from Aso Rock to Otuoke.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Firefire(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Wonder shall never ends...

1 Like

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Oceemo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol this polititcains ahhh!
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bursted indeed...ko kan aye anyways.

3 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by courage54(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
I DOUBT IF ANY PDP GOVERNOR CAN REJECT A 150 MILLION NAIRA BRIBE IN THIS PRESENT DAY NIGERIA. ALL THE SAME THAT IS PDP PROBLEM. ALL I CAN SAY IS .........................

SAI BUHARI

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by TippyTop(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State has said the reason his aide, Abdullahi Mohammed, tore his Peoples Democratic Party membership card was because he turned down Mr. Mohammed’s request of N150 million.
The man has since joined Association of Professional Criminals.

6 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Jason2014(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
Just thinking of the day that Nigeria will be blessed with sound leaders across board.

Leaders who desire to see the good of all and not self seekers.

2 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Donphillopus: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
slimzypink:
cant wait for d election tu b over..this drama is too much.

I love you
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by folahann(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
The governor is a liar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Jinyjagz(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
.crazy politicians everywhere
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by slimzypink(f): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Donphillopus:

I love you

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by scribble: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol @ busted!

Can't these parasites use their brain and see another hustle asides politics

In this case politricks

Such a shame

sad

I'm a concerned Nigerian. Pls let's use our brain to replicate the positive things in the world instead of negatives

We Africans are a powerful people but until we move beyond primordial sentiments we can never stand strong as the giant we are.

Damn my biggest problem with Buhari is he is a man that has not seemingly achieved anything in his life apart from being a soldier.

I mean what has he done for his people, with all the power and influence.

5 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by XBLadez: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by FazzyKachi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mtcheww... let em be following OBJ that careLESS of dem! OBJ is after is own benefits! I pity him sha
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by mcvincent: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
So far the law permit his freedom of association.Hence, ba wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by loomer: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
National cake
Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by ocee31(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Shame on the aid see the background of the picture...... See as the house resemble .......

2 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Sierraloaded: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by Crispyshell: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=16pt]ALL OF YOU GUYZ THAT TINUBU HAS DECEIVED ...YOU WILL ALL WEEP AND REGRET EVER GOING TO APC.......

GEJ TILL YA'LL GET SENSE
[/size]
grin

7 Likes

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by CLEARINGAGENT: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Tearing pdp card association. I no fit shout o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why My Aide Tore His PDP Membership Card — Governor Dankwambo (photo) by tuffgongjo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Waiting for part 3 of this Movie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supply More Foodstuffs To The South - Jukun Association To Middle Belt Farmers / Two Bullets Extracted From Oba Adetutu Ajayi's Body / Lagos Judicial Panel Recommends Dismissal Of Soldiers, Police Deployed To Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.