Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter (35766 Views)

NAF MI-35M Helicopter Gunship Records First Hit In Boko Haram Battle(video) / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / Captain Mbene Matute, Cameroon's Most Senior Soldier Killed In Boko Haram Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by MARKone(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire:
Nigeria military needs complete overhauling... enemies within the wall.

May God continue to protect the gallant men and women at the battle field.

The war shall soon be over.

Shalom!

Gej cannot do that, such action needs somebody with Balls, the presidency is living in denial, in the comfy of Aso rock. Obanikoro and Fayose will tell him that this is another APC propaganda and he will believe. The service chiefs like the Ota farmer said has been politicised and compromised. The Nigerian Army has lost its Glory, how can a wounded soldier use his own money to treat himself, CNN, SR have been carrying similar stories, now vanguard, still propaganda

I pray for those soldiers who choose to say, this country as it is presently constituted ain't worth dying for period.

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by akinluyi02(m): 8:16am On Feb 21, 2015
From ur chief of army Staff he call some1 like u a coward...*A soldier is meant to die in d war zone..u claim u r not equip...all u need is a Gun do u want us to give u APC each or Machine Guns...u av what u needed* God will punish all the Army Generals, and the Useless Government. GƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡d decision u av taken bros...
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by OLADD: 8:17am On Feb 21, 2015
RicKyRichards:
The government only took the war seriously when they were in danger of being voted out. Smh

Nobody is voting out this govt for your information. If you are one of those thinking Buhari will take over from Jonathan, your case can be likened to someone who's eargerly waiting for the blinking of crab eyes! The military operation is currenly yeilding positive result because of cooperation from neighbouring countries.

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by seunayantokun(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2015
God is still in the business of rewarding the wicked. So, saboteur generals and commanders keep it up.

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2015
cesareborgia:

A lot to know that a war is a war...whether on terror or not...
If everything fails in this country...the military should be the last thing to come crashing down...growing up I heard the bravery of military personnel...In this story I have only heard a soldier who should be a civilian...and doesn't merit the honour of a nigerian soldier...that's why piss poor nigeriens soldiers call 'em cowards...

A soldier proved himself in the Liberian and Sierra Leone Civil wars is that what you Cowardice. Go and join the Army. Forms will be on sale soon.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by rabzy: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2015
Randerl:

Bro you have saidit all.

These immoral thieves told the C-in-C that a force of Twenty Thousand was deployed for the Ops yet corruption was the order at the NE Ops. It took the combined efforts of the 2000 Chadians Soldiers and Cameroun to expose our hypocrisy. l

Please don't mention the chadians and cameroonians. What have they done, when did they join d war, and what have they done that the Nigerian army has not done 10 fold. BH has turned these countries into launching pads and if not the outcry of the NA and subsequently france's pressure they would have still be sitting on their asses.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Firefire(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2015
LRNZH:

The first sensible comment from you since you joined NL. We have been asking for this overhaul/change since 2010 when the battle with Boko Haram intensified.
[s]Retardeen was more interested in sipping ogogoro in Aso Rock.[/s]

Like you have rightly pointed out Overhaul = CHANGE

You guys allegation of GEJ sipping ogogoro and been a drunkard is it not out of place?

Hatred for the present occupier of Aso-Rock will not do you guys any good than mere rambles and media noises in the cyberspace.

The overhauling in the military is an on-going process and it will be TOTAL.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by chronique(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2015
Unfortunately,I don't believe this for two reasons.

1. OP is a confirmed BH supporter. He's always excited about stories that portray the NA as weak,and BH as having the upper hand in this battle. I remember how He gave the recent victory over BH,to Chad and was placing a bet on BH to overrun the NA some few weeks back when they(BH) attacked Maiduguri.

2. Secondly,the soldier in the story claims they were initially preparing to go on a peace keeping mission in Liberia in this february before being posted to go fight in the N.E. From the much I know,I do not think Nigeria is currently involved in any peace keeping mission in Liberia. Those sent on peace keeping missions in Mali,have been recalled back. So what peace keeping mission exactly,was this soldier going for in Liberia?

2 Likes

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by udemzyudex(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2015
I'm tired of reading this same old story everyday about not been equip and not been prepared..

The insurgent war got worst in the year 2011 and 4yrs later you guys are not still prepared? Many billions av been allocated to security,what have they been doing with the money?

Most of this officers av never fought a tough war like this thats why they are looking for who to put the blame on...

Recently,the FG said they av acquired some ammunition to combat the insurgency,some African countries have also join the fight against BH and the military have been recieving billions of naira from the FG,we the citizen have been supporting them with our prayers,what else do they need?

They have been going on peace keeping mission and coming back with good stories,why is ours different?

This men should take responsibilities,they are soldiers,its their job to protect the citizen and i believe the FG have try their best cos i know they can't allocate all the budget to security alone...
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Xcex: 8:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Much curruption going on in d army, d F.G alocates some whopinp sum 4 dia upkip n armory bt 4 d criminal northern cabals(abOKis evrywhere in d army) who finks dev've grown in ranks 2 feed fat, the likes of estwhile T.Y DANJUMA, i wonder where u have abokis wat bcomes of dat place. Now dis ur rams wil lykly sacrifice n depopulate d north b4 u come 2 ur sensces.

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by eejo(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Nigeria troops lack disicpline especially the commanders since civil war due to their ego they always disobey DHG of the army boko haram had 60,000 armed men and without air power you cannot win them
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by agabaI23(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2015
This is pathetic and unfortunate. We have been saying it. Sabotage, sabotage!

We were very sad because most of us were due for compensation and that was why they selected us to go for foreign mission.
The point below was ignored but he was happy to highlight it later when the desserter reported that equipment were not all used

And, actually, while there, they brought three armoured tanks, replaced some of the APC’s that were in bad condition and brought new ones.
Now this

A lot of sabotage, politics and other extraneous factors are seriously inhibiting the success of the war

I think these points especially the last one would help any reader understand what was going on.

1. How did the insurgents get the phone numbers of the Military personnels?
2. Who told them that an attack was imminent?
A lot of sabotage, politics and other extraneous factors are seriously inhibiting the success of the war
This is troubling. This is the main reason why this war has lasted this long coupled with the act of sabotage by the US. Their arm embargo on Nigeria has not helped anyone at yet the local media has played that this important part of the war.

The media preferred to hype the attempt of the government to remedy the situation through black market as money laundering. That is part of the politics this guy talked about.

It is unfair to send the soldiers without adequate preparation but the absence of sabotage from sympathisers within and outside the military would have enabled a better outcome.

Also, the soldiers would have been told early enough that the plans had changed from foreign to local mission. The sudden change in plan would demoralise anyone.

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by poiZon: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2015
LRNZH:

You should be ashamed of this poo you just dropped.
Even if you catch GEJ raping your mum in the anus you will still shout GEJ till....hell fire. I pity you.

hw is that piece POO?
so sai Buhari is ur only slogan abi?
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by WendellSimilin: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2015
aze:

Too refined. Keep deceiving yourself there. There abound Bachelor and Masters degrees hlders in the Army.
I have the same thinking too..I was being sarcastic with the guy who thought the sergeant's English was too refined.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by poiZon: 8:30am On Feb 21, 2015
Unemadu:
Many years of millitary foray into politics has destroyed our millitary over so many years. Our military never really saw real battles, only peace keeping missions.

So much so that this deserter now complains of being fed with "tasteless rice"

So much so that they were looking foward to foreign missions because they know its all about making money without shooting a bullet.

Joining the millitary is " man know man" and highly favours some particular section of the country.

Soldiers fight and soldiers die that is what they sign up for and not to sit and be feeding fat.

Best wishes to the fighting men and women in the theater of war.

!best analysed.
its like d tasteless rice really had a strong hand in d sage desertion.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by tunde1200(m): 8:31am On Feb 21, 2015
May every GEJ supporters life be run as it run the country.

GMB for genuine overdue change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by LRNZH(m): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire:

You guys allegation of GEJ sipping ogogoro and been a drunkard is it not out of place?

Hatred for the present occupier of Aso-Rock will not do you guys any good than mere rambles and media noises in the cyberspace.

The overhauling in the military is an on-going process and it will be TOTAL.

My brother, well done for being objective.

Aso Rock domestic staff have corroborated this drunkard nature of GEJ. In fact the common knowledge is that govt work shuts down by 2pm when Oga is stupefied with alcohol and retires to the presidential lodge of the villa
That's from the staff in the Villa.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Firefire(m): 8:34am On Feb 21, 2015
MARKone:

Gej cannot do that, such action needs somebody with Balls, the presidency is living in denial, in the comfy of Aso rock. Obanikoro and Fayose will tell him that this is another APC propaganda and he will believe. The service chiefs like the Ota farmer said has been politicised and compromised. The Nigerian Army has lost its Glory, how can a wounded soldier use his own money to treat himself, CNN, SR have been carrying similar stories, now vanguard, still propaganda

I pray for those soldiers who choose to say, this country as it is presently constituted ain't worth dying for period.

There is nothing a sitting President cannot do, we trust in GEJ abilities to make a complete cleansing of the military and make a permanent CHANGE in the 'OLD ORDER', this is currently happening.

As for the many media lies and propaganda against the on-going war in Nigeria, I advocated for a gag-order to curb the menace of fake and unverified news from "every Tom, Dick and Harry".

Nigeria is at war, NA is fighting terrorists who has international backing and coloration coupled with the enemies within the wall.

May God grant Nigeria Victory

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Sunky200: 8:35am On Feb 21, 2015
I've heard some soldier lamentations that are relevant to this before, from the source I received the info from convinced me of vine info.
this brave soldier experience is far better from the one I heard of and he should consider himself /colleagues lucky enough.

from the experience of my loving friend the 'the fighter helicopters that are suppose to be backup for the soldiers delivered supplies for the dreaded sect to the detriment of our gallant soldiers '. the worst part was THEY ALL SAW THE SUPPLY DELIVERED BY THEIR SUPPOSED BACK UP (THE FIGHTER HELICOPTER )' in a fierce confrontation that lasted 6hrs before our men had to withdraw to save their dear lives after hundreds have fallen

may the good Lord protect our men

3 Likes

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by CaptPlanet(m): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2015
MARKone:

Oga you that is a Warrior, why didn't you enlist in the NA to fight these insurgents. You guys are so blighted by this Administration that you see no wrong again. You hide behind your keypad and call somebody who has put over 20yrs in the Nigerian Army a Coward undecided How dare you. Tell your Oga Jonathan and the Service chief to put this house in Order, lest we will continue seeing more of this 'cowardice'. Nonsense

Instead of you to commend the army for the recent victories recorded against the insurgents, you're busy trying to pull everyone backwards, the same way your party wants to drag us back to Buhari's sadistic governance. BTW, that's a well thought out but FAILED plot.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by jellyfish86: 8:38am On Feb 21, 2015
LRNZH:

Aso Rock domestic staff have corroborated this drunkard nature of GEJ. In fact the common knowledge is that govt work shuts down by 2pm when Oga is stupefied with alcohol and retires to the presidential lodge of the villa

Liar Liar Liar......
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Firefire(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2015
LRNZH:

Omo Eniyan, cheesy cheesy grin Aiye AKAMARA! shocked

Picture(s) or idontbelieveit
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Holuwathoby(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2015
I thought they said Nigeria used to have the best foot soldiers? So sad everything has been politicised in Nigeria. May GOD destroy d wicked and Oppressors of Nigerians
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by Firefire(m): 8:42am On Feb 21, 2015
jellyfish86:

Liar Liar Liar......

No, don't approach that way, he could be able to prove his points with pictorial evidence.

Let us wait for the pics, The Pictures will make A BIG SALES for the Newspapers.

We are waiting @ LRNZH

Thank you.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by tunde1200(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2015
SO SAD READING THIS!!!.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by CaptPlanet(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2015
Sunky200:
I've heard some soldier lamentations that are relevant to this before, from the source I received the info from convinced me of vine info.
this brave soldier experience is far better from the one I heard of and he should consider himself /colleagues lucky enough.

from the experience of my loving friend the 'the fighter helicopters that are suppose to be backup for the soldiers delivered supplies for the dreaded sect to the detriment of our gallant soldiers '. the worst part was THEY ALL SAW THE SUPPLY DELIVERED BY THEIR SUPPOSED BACK UP (THE FIGHTER HELICOPTER )' in a fierce confrontation that lasted 6hrs before our men had to withdraw to save their dear lives after hundreds have fallen

may the good Lord protect our men

Just read your post again, esp the part in caps and tell me it makes sense.
How you guys cook up this things are baffling.
Lord save us from mediocrity.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by guy1234: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

Ewu. Now that yu have given us the boko haram news of them chasing our soldiers, yu are happy rite. Child of hate and anger.
Your plans of seeing Naija overrun by BH will not work.

Naija will surely overcome. And all yu janjaweeeeds can do is deactivate ur acct and go into hiding. Fooooools

GEJ till yu get sense.

Do you think this country has offered you the best it can? Just look at where you stay, 14" tv with N2600 gotv, and you are feeling fly? We deserve better from this country. Think and think, it can be better. Call anyone u know abroad to tell u how human beings live, bro sorry to tell you, YOU ARE JUST SURVIVING IN THIS COUNTRY, YOU ARE NOT LIVING. Just drop the ass licking, it doesn't pay.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by ADAMUSALEH(m): 8:45am On Feb 21, 2015
Mr. Deserter you should hide your face in shame... you are not a soldier, you are a coward... you will die when die as soldier or deserter, you can run but you cannot hide from the claws of death.better go back to your formation and continue what you signed for. People like you blocked the chances of genuine patriots like us who had aspired to join the Army in past for the love of this country.
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by LRNZH(m): 8:48am On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire:

No, don't approach that way, he could be able to prove his points with pictorial evidence.

Let us wait for the pics, The Pictures will make A BIG SALES for the Newspapers.

We are waiting @ LRNZH

Thank you.

There's no smoke without firefire. May you have the wisdom to understand that aphorism. See attached.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/97682-jonathan-is-not-a-drunk-says-reuben-abati.html
Reuben had to deny the fact when numerous Aso Rock staff leaked the information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by poiZon: 8:48am On Feb 21, 2015
aze:

A soldier proved himself in the Liberian and Sierra Leone Civil wars is that what you Cowardice. Go and join the Army. Forms will be on sale soon.

liberia n sierra leone was peace mission not war!
this is d real war jst like what bush sent us arrmy to irag n afghan. even with their superior powers n arsenal they lost men of valour too n we dnt evn knw hw much was sunk into the war.
if u see hw soldiers lobby to go on peace mission u will weep for this country
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by kingthreat(m): 8:50am On Feb 21, 2015
stebell:

Ewu. Now that yu have given us the boko haram news of them chasing our soldiers, yu are happy rite. Child of hate and anger.
Your plans of seeing Naija overrun by BH will not work.

Naija will surely overcome. And all yu janjaweeeeds can do is deactivate ur acct and go into hiding. Fooooools

GEJ till yu get sense.

It's not news. It's reality. A reality that cowards like you cannot stand for a minute. A reality as real as the fact that your brains has been corrupted with tribalism against the north that even a 6-year old can give a better analysis than you. Cocksuckin piece of crap like you
Re: BOKO HARAM: Battle-field Account Of A Military Deserter by CaptPlanet(m): 8:50am On Feb 21, 2015
guy1234:

Do you think this country has offered you the best it can? Just look at where you stay, 14" tv with N2600 gotv, and you are feeling fly? We deserve better from this country. Think and think, it can be better. Call anyone u know abroad to tell u how human beings live, bro sorry to tell you, YOU ARE JUST SURVIVING IN THIS COUNTRY, YOU ARE NOT LIVING. Just drop the ass licking, it doesn't pay.

Poor mentality. You think abroad is heaven abi? Don't worry, keep saving money, one day you'll be able to travel your heaven and only then will u wake up to the realities of life.
I'll rather have a 14" tv,a Gotv decoder of 2600 and stay where he stays than have a poor mentality like yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre / LASTMA To Now Close By 11pm - Sanwo-olu As He Signs First Executive Order / Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.