Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,010 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March (23678 Views)

Why Osinbajo Must Dislodge The Cabal — Sen. Murray-bruce / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Military Bombs Arepo To Dislodge Militants [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by p3ndy79: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
patrickmuf:
Hmm I underestimated the significance of this whole plot...Thanks for the info, though I still maintain that with all out resistance it won't hold waters...

The opposition is a step ahead of their plot and there was nothing they could do about the poll date extension since it is still within the constitutional allowance. APC became aware of poll extension plot since november.

That they wanted Ihedioha as speaker and Tambuwal out by all means was a plan hatched and plotted in the innermost part of Aso Rock. Ihedioha and david mark were in a meeting a week before the incident that led to the police invasion of the green chamber.

Ihedioha was seated and ready with some PDP legislators to announce the impeachment of Tambuwal but for cowboy style of some APC reps and Tambuwal's appeal and love by his colleagues the Ekiti scenario was the plan of the. PDP to take over the house thru the back door and then use the police to intimidate and harass perceived opposition to their granddesign. Why do you think the presidency is quiet to the shenanigans in Ekiti where 7members purportedly impeached the speaker in a house with 26members and till date the police is giving them cover to still operate from the state assembly complex.

The plot is not lost to right thinking and truly patriotic citizens of Nigeria who see through their plots.

The APC is equal to the task and is doing its best to beat the PDP at its game. Watchout as events happens, the APC is doing the needful both home and abroad. Forget the noise you hear around the APC is equal to the task.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by fagin1982(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
LRNZH:
This is another ploy to postpone elections from March 28. Mark my words.

Boko Haram was allowed to fester for 5 years and nothing happened. Just because it is election time, they step up efforts against Boko Haram.

After postponing elections from February, they now claim that real anti insurgency operations will start in March.

Nigerians should not be deceived. If GEJ cannot conduct elections he should resign and let Sambo take over.
Sambo maybe more sensible to conduct elections.

If you don't have any meaningful thing to say ..Why not read and pass
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Dalastd123: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

Thank you for not using idiot in our discuss. The fact is that Jonathan has failed a lot of people with his handling of the insurgency. I am also sure that you were disappointed with him on that. The cry of ethnic cleansing was by Nyako. It was on a premises that Boko haram was allowed or used to wipe put Northerners. Nyako is military I can't speak for him, but any soldier who knows the way Boko haram is handled would come to a conclusion that there was a deliberate effort to allow it continue.
Igbo people slaughter each other quickly as well. The job of the Government is to prevent people from being slaughtered and dealing with those who slaughter.
GEJ is quick to blame others despite the fact that he has all the powers. He is quick to praise himself but slow in taking criticism as a call for appraisal and evaluation of his actions.
Hope you and your family are doing fine and you Quest is rewarding.
ehn u are quick to avoid d amnesty talk for d BH boys by Buhari. U r deceitful
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by ManUtdholic: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
p3ndy79:

you were a product of a joint procreation effort of the maiguard on the street, the driver of your father's neighbour, the meat seller in the market and the bank manager .

If you were born few months after your father was used to sacrifice the village dieties you should be asking your whorish mother who exactly your real father is.
Ponde why you have a different blood group from your brother? Your mother knows how to share responsibilities if in doubt ask your assume uncle

Bastard
This confirm unadulterated mofo is in a lot of pains
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

Thank you for not using idiot in our discuss. The fact is that Jonathan has failed a lot of people with his handling of the insurgency. I am also sure that you were disappointed with him on that. The cry of ethnic cleansing was by Nyako. It was on a premises that Boko haram was allowed or used to wipe put Northerners. Nyako is military I can't speak for him, but any soldier who knows the way Boko haram is handled would come to a conclusion that there was a deliberate effort to allow it continue.
Igbo people slaughter each other quickly as well. The job of the Government is to prevent people from being slaughtered and dealing with those who slaughter.
GEJ is quick to blame others despite the fact that he has all the powers. He is quick to praise himself but slow in taking criticism as a call for appraisal and evaluation of his actions.
Hope you and your family are doing fine and you Quest is rewarding.

Brother, I have no doubt in my mind that I would have handled it differently. While Jonathan is the commander-in-chief, we must not forget that this is a democracy. We have the three arms of government, which in a civilized world, would have come together to make such an important decision.

If jonathan was clueless, how about the legislators? What is their job? Obama or Cameron wouldn't do anything without it passing through the law of the land. You don't just go killing people like that. Odi and Zaki Biam are poor precedents and Obasanjo should be at The Hague for those crimes.

The North, contributed to this issue. You don't seem to be willing to take part of the blame. Why?

If Buhari wins, Jona has himself to blame. On one hand, if we are truly practicing rotational presidency, the SS would have been robbed. Which takes us back to the issue of our beloved Yar' Adua and the northern quest to reclaim power.

Don't pretend like the North doesn't want the power back. They do. Jona couldn't have done so poorly with the issue of insurgency if the North had backed him completely. Not until BH got out of hand did a few lone voices spring up here and there. It was too late.

Anyway, all I want is peace in Nigeria. I enjoyed Kano in the 90s. I want to be able to move freely, even though with the North, you never can tell.

Please Bakila, try to educate as many people around you as you can. Education is the koko. It is not haram. It is life itself. Education is power. Thanks for your patience. Stay blessed.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by reborn1: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
p3ndy79:

Every mad man calls sane people he sees mad. Your father was a known mad man was why he was used to appeased the gods. Your elder brother is at Aro neuropchyactric hospital undergoing restraints and bound in chains, trust me you're under close observation for capture anytime the curse on your lineage .manifest in you .

Bastard son of a schizophrenic nonentity.

Lmaoooo.. wickedness

1 Like

Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Rostel2: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
political strategies
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by LagosBoi2(m): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=dipo1234 post=30939367][/quote]

In your dreams
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by LagosBoi2(m): 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
Akpan107:
Dream!

There will no Election untill Boko Haram must have been defeated!

Then, GEJ will rule untill 2020 since this year will be used in fighting BH

In your dreams. You think Nigeria is Bayelsa.....lol
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Akpan107(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
LagosBoi2:

In your dreams. You think Nigeria is Bayelsa.....lol
Then, lets keep watch and see who own Nigeria!
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Brother, I have no doubt in my mind that I would have handled it differently. While Jonathan is the commander-in-chief, we must not forget that this is a democracy. We have the three arms of government, which in a civilized world, would have come together to make such an important decision.

If jonathan was clueless, how about the legislators? What is their job? Obama or Cameron wouldn't do anything without it passing through the law of the land. You don't just go killing people like that. Odi and Zaki Biam are poor precedents and Obasanjo should be at The Hague for those crimes.

The North, contributed to this issue. You don't seem to be willing to take part of the blame. Why?

If Buhari wins, Jona has himself to blame. On one hand, if we are truly practicing rotational presidency, the SS would have been robbed. Which takes us back to the issue of our beloved Yar' Adua and the northern quest to reclaim power.

Don't pretend like the North doesn't want the power back. They do. Jona couldn't have done so poorly with the issue of insurgency if the North had backed him completely. Not until BH got out of hand did a few lone voices spring up here and there. It was too late.

Anyway, all I want is peace in Nigeria. I enjoyed Kano in the 90s. I want to be able to move freely, even though with the North, you never can tell.

Please Bakila, try to educate as many people around you as you can. Education is the koko. It is not haram. It is life itself. Education is power. Thanks for your patience. Stay blessed.
Education is significant to development anywhere, it includes respect to people who host you. The problems in the North catches becomes a big issue because outsiders are there. It is unfortunate that it occurs in the north a lot more especially the Kano-Kaduna axis. Our people are deeply religious whether as Muslims or Christians something that accounts for the frequent crisis. Another part is the difference in ethnic configuration along religious land. Again the CinC has tried to benefit from that difference by not being the father that he is to a nation.
Part of the problem of Jonathan is the politics of PDP, it's penchant to go for the worst from the best in choosing it candidates that reeks of abuse of its powers. The Buhari support does enjoy and suffers religious grouping but I tell you this election has little to do with Yar'adua.
The support of the Igbo to this government has a little to do with any transformation by Jonathan, but the fact that the government is the closest to an Igbo president by the appointments and huge influence of the NOI, Anyim, Offor and PEJ Connection brings to the Igbo.
Buhari symbolizes an incorruptible person to vast northern voters. That is why they say SAI MAIGASKIYA.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by spinna: 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Dalastd123 post=3094 3281:
ehn u are quick to avoid d amnesty talk for d BH boys by Buhari. U r deceitful
No need to call me deceitful. There is a position that the best way to deal with such a thing is Amenesty. I do not subscribe to that view- the one that I heard directly came from a Reverend and Rector of a Diocese outside Nigeria
If you know what amnesty brings to a conflict situation in dividing the ranks of combatant- not the the one that is based on corruption and enriching some people- you would have a fair picture of it.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

Education is significant to development anywhere, it includes respect to people who host you. The problems in the North catches becomes a big issue because outsiders are there. It is unfortunate that it occurs in the north a lot more especially the Kano-Kaduna axis. Our people are deeply religious whether as Muslims or Christians something that accounts for the frequent crisis. Another part is the difference in ethnic configuration along religious land. Again the CinC has tried to benefit from that difference by not being the father that he is to a nation.
Part of the problem of Jonathan is the politics of PDP, it's penchant to goes for the worst from the best in choosing it candidates that reeks of abuse of its powers. The Buhari support does enjoy and suffers religious grouping but I tell you this election has little to do with Yar'adua.
The support of the Igbo to this government has a little to do with any transformation by Jonathan, but the fact that the government is the closest to an Igbo president by the appointments and huge influence of the NOI, Anyim, Offor and PEJ Connection brings to the Igbo.
Buhari symbolizes an incorruptible person to vast northern voters. That is why they say SAI MAIGASKIYA.

In my books, there's no such thing as less or more corrupt. I am yet to meet a politician that's not corrupt.

Let's talk about the general a bit. I have reminded you before of his actions in 1983 when he took over from Shagari. Buhari jailed Ekwueme and most of the southern politicians, while Shagari was kept on his palace, under " house arrest". Shagari was the president and the commander in chief. He was responsible for his govt. wasn't he? He was exonerated.

Fast forward 2015, Goodluck is responsible for the actions of every nigerian politician. That's double standard. Hypocrisy.

Back to Buhari.As the head of state, history has it that he preferred a Fulani man from Niger or so during OAU election to the nigerian candidate because he was igbo. Now, that is an unpatriotic act.

As PTF chairman, he served under a kleptomaniac and later declared that Abacha didn't loot our treasury. Maybe Bakila did. Lol. Tell me what you know about his in-law's company APC? We are told that APC generated contracts, awarded same, executed, supervised as well as pay itself. All, under Buhari's watch.

Please my friend, kindly itemize what projects Buhari carried out in the whole south? Don't worry about the North. It is a no go area.

Jonathan's greatest projects are unfortunately in the North. If agriculture has become a booming industry in Nigeria today, it is because of Jonathan's impartiality. The over 150 almajiri schools and about 12 Federal Unis, are all projects of national interest. He invested in the North. Great idea in my opinion.

Buhari cancelled the Lagos Metroline as head of state and paid a fine worth tens of millions of dollars. Why? Because it was in the west. He forgot that Lagos was the capital then.

Buhari is not a genuine patriot. He is biased. He is a bitter man. He is not incorruptible. He's rather incorrigible. You can go ahead and vote for him. I will vote for a genuine democrat, even if he's as weak as they come. I can't support Buhari, a former coupist.

Guy, I participated and voted in Elections abroad for more than 12 years. It is all about principles. No sentiments. If APC had given us a credible candidate instead of riding on Buhari's alleged popularity to steal power, it would have been a different story.

Jona has not done exceptionally well, but beside the insurgency, he has done better than everyone before him. I will take another chance on him. I don't like the people pushing Buhari and hiding under the change mantra to loot us yet again.

Don't mind me, jare. I can't change my views on this. I am all for genuine change and not this charade by Tinubu.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

In my books, there's no such thing as less or more corrupt. I am yet to meet a politician that's not corrupt.

Let's talk about the general a bit. I have reminded you before of his actions in 1983 when he took over from Shagari. Buhari jailed Ekwueme and most of the southern politicians, while Shagari was kept on his palace, under " house arrest". Shagari was the president and the commander in chief. He was responsible for his govt. wasn't he? He was exonerated.

Fast forward 2015, Goodluck is responsible for the actions of every nigerian politician. That's double standard. Hypocrisy.

Back to Buhari.As the head of state, history has it that he preferred a Fulani man from Niger or so during OAU election to the nigerian candidate because he was igbo. Now, that is an unpatriotic act.

As PTF chairman, he served under a kleptomaniac and later declared that Abacha didn't loot our treasury. Maybe Bakila did. Lol. Tell me what you know about his in-law's company APC? We are told that APC generated contracts, awarded same, executed, supervised as well as pay itself. All, under Buhari's watch.

Please my friend, kindly itemize what projects Buhari carried out in the whole south? Don't worry about the North. It is a no go area.

Jonathan's greatest projects are unfortunately in the North. If agriculture has become a booming industry in Nigeria today, it is because of Jonathan's impartiality. The over 150 almajiri schools and about 12 Federal Unis, are all projects of national interest. He invested in the North. Great idea in my opinion.

Buhari cancelled the Lagos Metroline as head of state and paid a fine worth tens of millions of dollars. Why? Because it was in the west. He forgot that Lagos was the capital then.

Buhari is not a genuine patriot. He is biased. He is a bitter man. He is not incorruptible. He's rather incorrigible. You can go ahead and vote for him. I will vote for a genuine democrat, even if he's as weak as they come. I can't support Buhari, a former coupist.

Guy, I participated and voted in Elections abroad for more than 12 years. It is all about principles. No sentiments. If APC had given us a credible candidate instead of riding on Buhari's alleged popularity to steal power, it would have been a different story.

Jona has not done exceptionally well, but beside the insurgency, he has done better than everyone before him. I will take another chance on him. I don't like the people pushing Buhari and hiding under the change mantra to loot us yet again.

Don't mind me, jare. I can't change my views on this. I am all for genuine change and not this charade by Tinubu.
The OAU secretary gen issue has been well debated and Buhari commended for his Integrity on OAU existing principles and protocols. I know Bakin Zuwo, Aper Aku, Goni, Tatari Ali, Barde and many more went to prison. I remember Paul Omu comments also on why many southerners where detained. I know also that the main accused in relation to Buhari Dikko's case is notorious.
Again we have debated democrat or not. But just to change your mind the change is not about Buhari but a more vibrant democracy. May you thumb do the right thing in May.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

The OAU secretary gen issue has been well debated and Buhari commended for his Integrity on OAU existing principles and protocols. I know Bakin Zuwo, Aper Aku, Goni, Tatari Ali, Barde and many more went to prison. I remember Paul Omu comments also on why many southerners where detained. I know also that the main accused in relation to Buhari Dikko's case is notorious.
Again we have debated democrat or not. But just to change your mind the change is not about Buhari but a more vibrant democracy. May you thumb do the right thing in May.

Bakila my man, even if you somehow absolve GEM of all the allegations, there are two things you or anyone can't make excuses for him.

1) he's is a former Coupist. He lied when he was confronted with the rumour of the coup by Shagari's govt. Some months down the line, he was " invited" to head the military junta that ousted Shagari, and he accepted. That's not a man of honour and integrity.

2) Bakila, I was in high school when Buhari took over. I was a teenager. 32 years later, you think I should vote for the same man. Really? What about me? I will be a fool to vote for him. I will do a better job than Buhari and all the others put together. I will be damned to vote for him. This is my time. I want to steer the affairs of my country with my peers. Buhari and his generation, through coups, wasted our opportunity to be great.

Thank you. Hope u vote for me when I come out. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by NnaNna4(m): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
omenka:
Gradually, the rumoured plot to ensure elections are not held on the rescheduled dates is taking a life form.

Jonathan will indeed wind up like Gbagbo.

OK ...Listen, Nigeria is not Cot'devoire
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Bakila my man, even if you somehow absolve GEM of all the allegations, there are two things you or anyone can't make excuses for him.

1) he's is a former Coupist. He lied when he was confronted with the rumour of the coup by Shagari's govt. Some months down the line, he was " invited" to head the military junta that ousted Shagari, and he accepted. That's not a man of honour and integrity.

2) Bakila, I was in high school when Buhari took over. I was a teenager. 32 years later, you think I should vote for the same man. Really? What about me? I will be a fool to vote for him. I will do a better job than Buhari and all the others put together. I will be damned to vote for him. This is my time. I want to steer the affairs of my country with my peers. Buhari and his generation, through coups, wasted our opportunity to be great.

Thank you. Hope u vote for me when I come out. God bless Nigeria.
I am also not a kid. I use to argue with my mother whether the hands of the person tapping Andrew on the shoulders on his staying to stay an salvage Nigeria.
Matters of voting is one of choice and I do not think anyone will sway people easy.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

I am also not a kid. I use to argue with my mother whether the hands of the person tapping Andrew on the shoulders on his staying to stay an salvage Nigeria.
Matters of voting is one of choice and I do not think anyone will sway people easy.

Since we appear to be in almost the same boat, why don't we start now to take back our country? These old men ate both our breakfast and lunch in one go, shall we allow them to eat our supper too? God forbid.

Say no to self-serving older generation. If you are between 35-50, this is our only chance. We can't recycle Buhari again, just as we erroneously did to Obasanjo.

I can't live in the future forever. Today is all I ve got and I will make the best use of it. I can't keep going back and calling it progress. These guys are taking us for granted and we are all saying a loud "AMEN". Lol
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Since we appear to be in almost the same boat, why don't we start now to take back our country? These old men ate both our breakfast and lunch in one go, shall we allow them to eat our supper too? God forbid.

Say no to self-serving older generation. If you are between 35-50, this is our only chance. We can't recycle Buhari again, just as we erroneously did to Obasanjo.

I can't live in the future forever. Today is all I ve got and I will make the best use of it. I can't keep going back and calling it progress. These guys are taking us for granted and we are all saying a loud "AMEN". Lol
Then Goodluck should not be on the Ballot also. When Buhari comes in the ground will be level for me and you to stay as watchdog of our democracy. In a few years me and you would be fifty oh!
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

Then Goodluck should not be on the Ballot also. When Buhari comes in the ground will be level for me and you to stay as watchdog of our democracy. In a few years me and you would be fifty oh!

Yes o. I know I have a lot of Northern friends from high school and hope we can all work together to salvage our country. The older generation failed us. This is not the nigeria I grew up eating from the same plate with a dozen Hausa boys. My favorite senior was Hausa boy. My fav school son was Fulani boy. The school was in the SS. So it is not as if I was in the North and had no choice. I am as detribalized as they come. I am not from SS either.

If we get a better president than Jona, who cares where he's from? All we need is good governance. Development.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by xcommando(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
omenka:
Gradually, the rumoured plot to ensure elections are not held on the rescheduled dates is taking a life form.

Jonathan will indeed wind up like Gbagbo.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by dharamanil(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
I really appreciate the work of the current government and also commend the military for their efforts toward trying to make Nigeria a safe place for we all.

I am disappointed at majority of our youth especially the ones on Nairaland. Reading through comments makes realize this country is filled with ungrateful people with shalow minds and bad retentive memory. We all want change, I want it more than most of you (justsaying) but how can you believe a change coming from people like tinubu and atiku
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by richardomoko: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
I wonder how some people reason. Instead of encouraging our military men for a good job done, politics would not allow them see reasoning and instead find ingenious means to discredit our gallant soldiers. God is watching.
1LRNZH:

Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade

Regional forces to become operational next month
DHQ dismisses insurgents’ surrender leaflets
Yemi Adebowale in Lagos with agency report and Senator Iroegbu in Abuja

Nigeria’s security chiefs may have unilaterally decided a time framework to subdue Boko Haram terrorists, when they said they needed six weeks to accomplish the task, beginning 14 February. This is because the shape of the regional force Nigeria is relying upon to flush out the insurgents is yet to be concluded.

Also on Friday, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) dismissed the recent report of an helicopter distributing pamphlets implying the surrender of some members of the Boko Haram terrorists.

Although Nigeria’s armed forces in league with neighbouring armies of Niger, Cameroon and Chad have since stepped up the war against the insurgents, bombarding camps inside Nigeria, the real ground-and-air offensive is not scheduled to begin until end of March, when the regional force will become operational.

A senior Niger Republic military officer disclosed in an interview with Reuters in N’djamena, Chad, that the shape of the regional force Nigeria is relying upon to flush out the insurgents would be concluded by the end of March.

Military chiefs of Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon, Benin and Niger will meet in the Chadian capital N’Djamena next week to finalise strategy for the 8,700-strong task-force of regional troops, said Colonel Mahamane Laminou Sani, director of documentation and military intelligence of Niger’s armed forces.

“All we are doing right now is stopping Boko Haram from entering Niger: if they attack our positions we push them back a certain distance and Nigeria pushes from the other side to contain the situation,” he said, on the sidelines of the annual US-sponsored ‘Flintlock’ counter-terrorism exercises in Chad.

“There are initiatives by our countries to make sure Boko Haram doesn’t get out of control, but we have a deadline of end-March to put the joint force into practice,” he told Reuters late on Wednesday.

Highlighting the cross-border threat, militants attacked Niger overnight, killing three before they were driven back.

“The force’s first commander will be a Nigerian and the position will then rotate annually among members,” Sani said.

The implementation of the force has been delayed by tensions between Nigeria and Cameroon over the right to pursue militants across the border into each other’s countries, sources said.

Niger and Chad already have agreements in place covering that with each other and with Nigeria.
Nigeria and Cameroon will be under pressure to iron out their differences.

“This should be the last meeting, I think. We don’t have any choice. If we don’t go and find Boko Haram, they are going to come and find us,” Sani said.

“Niger’s military has carried out air strikes against Boko Haram positions and used ground forces to mop up the survivors,”
Sani said.

Sahelien.com, a regional news website, reported raids by Niger’s troops who entered the Nigerian town of Marara on February 15 and air strikes on Damasak on February 16. A security source said the reports were accurate but gave no further details.

Sani denied the Niger air force was responsible for an attack on Tuesday that killed at least 36 civilians at a funeral in the border village of Abadam.

A local mayor said he believed a Nigerian military plane was responsible.
Nigeria has denied this and Niger has said it is investigating.

“Air power will play a key role but ground troops will then be used to neutralise survivors in the wooded and mountainous terrain occupied by the Sunni jihadist group,” Sani said

“Information on their location needs to come from human sources first, then you send technological resources to check it, and you maintain observation on them until air strikes arrive,”
he said.

Asked whether the U.S. military could help with drone intelligence on fighters’ movements, he said: “That is already a reality. They help us in that sense.”

“This is no longer an issue of national security for Nigeria; it’s a question of regional and international security. If Nigeria implodes, then the whole of Africa will feel it,” he said.

Boko Haram is said to have between 4,000-6,000 fighters, according to US intelligence report. The insurgents themselves estimate their forces at 30,000. Subduing them, in the view of military analysts, may not be as easy as ending a six-week affair, reports Reuters.

Meanwhile, the Defence Headquarters has dismissed the recent report of a helicopter distributing pamphlets implying the surrender of some members of the dreaded Boko Haram terrorists in some parts of North-east.

The Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, said if such action was taken at all by the so-called repentant terrorists, it could not be genuine.

According to Olukolade, "That is not how to surrender. There are proper ways of surrendering and making amends. I am sure if such report is true, it is not how to surrender".

He insisted that the military was much concerned with sustaining their ongoing offensive and completing the routing of the Boko Haram terrorists from there enclaves.

It could be recalled that thousands of terrorists have been killed and major towns and communities recovered since the renewed onslaught involving forces from the neighbouring Lake Chad Commission countries of Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. In the last two weeks strategic towns like Mongonu, Gamboru Ngala, Dikwa, and Marte have been recaptured, while Baga and Bama is on the mop up stage with new fronts of aerial bombardment opened in Sambisa and Gwoza.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/real-battle-to-dislodge-boko-haram-begins-in-march/202325/
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Yes o. I know I have a lot of Northern friends from high school and hope we can all work together to salvage our country. The older generation failed us. This is not the nigeria I grew up eating from the same plate with a dozen Hausa boys. My favorite senior was Hausa boy. My fav school son was Fulani boy. The school was in the SS. So it is not as if I was in the North and had no choice. I am as detribalized as they come. I am not from SS either.

If we get a better president than Jona, who cares where he's from? All we need is good governance. Development.

Change. We start with PDP and proceed from there.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
bakila:

Change. We start with PDP and proceed from there.

With Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi and all the former pdp thieves? Bakila, Abeg tell me another lie. There's no change yet. I will recognize change when I see it. APC=PDP, gbam.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

With Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi and all the former pdp thieves? Bakila, Abeg tell me another lie. There's no change yet. I will recognize change when I see it. APC=PDP, gbam.
Better than PEJ Dezieni Oduah Offor Anyim and the thuggishness of that team.
In that your democratic team stealing is not corruption so thieving by public officers have no place in the statute books.
Kai my friend we have derailed from this thread.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by Eluwilussit(m): 12:13am On Feb 22, 2015
bakila:

Better than PEJ Dezieni Oduah Offor Anyim and the thuggishness of that team.
In that your democratic team stealing is not corruption so thieving by public officers have no place in the statute books.
Kai my friend we have derailed from this thread.

At this rate, if the aforementioned jump to APC, I am very sure their sins will be forgiven. They will become brand new progressives.

Bakila, have you ever wondered what will happen if Buhari loses the election? I am afraid that he and his supporters will never accept anything other than victory. There is need to tread warily. Both sides need to calm down. My hand no dey o.
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by EmekaBlue(m): 4:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Election still holds..what he is saying is d total or bearest minimum to eradicate book idiots is by that tym
Re: Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March by bakila: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2015
Eluwilussit:

At this rate, if the aforementioned jump to APC, I am very sure their sins will be forgiven. They will become brand new progressives.

Bakila, have you ever wondered what will happen if Buhari loses the election? I am afraid that he and his supporters will never accept anything other than victory. There is need to tread warily. Both sides need to calm down. My hand no dey o.
The votes will show what the reaction of the people will be. If they loss fairly there will be no problem. I was discussing with a lady who was presiding Officer at a polling unit in Kaduna she acknowledge that she collected 10k to help rig for the PDP.
I think there is a collective resolve among Buhari supporters and the APC not to give Government any opportunity to truncate democracy. The elections in Edo, Ekiti and Osun are an example.
You know Goodluck is not as democratic as you think. He is the one that needs to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat.
Some people will say God Forbid to ......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#Amaechitapes: Reno Omokri Released Part 5 Of Ameachi Audio Tape / Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty / JTF Declares Boko Haram Top Guns Wanted; N50m Bounty For Abubakar Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.