Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (21857 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Firefire(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
tongue tongue tongue

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is busy in Nigeria delivering dividends of democracy, BuHARY is busy in London making photographic caricature.

yeye fifuu

10 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Firefire(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

That's one of the reasons OBJ wants to pull him down by all means but God will not allow him.

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by SpiritAdviser: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
All this agents of Buhari that have sold their conscience of reasoning to lies and deception, they will never commend anything good about the president. The power sector has tremendously improved in GEJ's administration. I dare anyone to challenge me on the Achievements of Buhari and GEJ and let us weigh which of the two persona have done more for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by tsdarkside(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
why didnt he did this from the start?

thunder................................................. angry angry angry angry angry angry

who want to tell me,you need 4 years to add (1320 MW)?... angry angry angry angry
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Ologunjude(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
In most publication it 750 mega watt. Surprised to see this new figure. It a step forward for generation of power.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by micrep3030(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
And they r sayn he does northing
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by papaskino(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
GEJ is my president 4life!!! Others yet to be commissioned oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bolliejay(m): 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
But we barely use light for 2hrs here in ikotun lagos or is Egbin not in lagos??

GEJ decieving nigerians with his paper achievements since 100BC

Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Questions that need URGENT ANSWERS.

PLEASE WHAT did OBGJ do...?
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ceejay80s(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
If una like make una commission power plant for moon, I dint give a SH11t, where the light?

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by emeka2847: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
This commissioning will continue till March 28.

Then we'll March4Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by sanc2s(f): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
halimaabi:

Sorry to say this your sick half dead brainless old super clueless and certificateless Buhari can never rule nigerians.

you brought out time to type all this rubbish and tomorrow u pray to your allah that you want Progress. My dear, am sorry to tell u, You're a FOOL

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Raxxye(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
This guy is quietly, albeit steadily changing Nigeria for the very best! He is laying a strong and solid foundation for the development of our beloved country, but many Nigerians do not know it, because they want the tree that is planted today to grow and bear fruits the very next day. I wish we all realized that a man who plans to build a skyscraper will take much more time and effort digging and laying the foundation for an enduring edifice!

5 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
AkaGum:
I have worked for ROCKSON engineering on some of these NIPP projects. our Politicians usually commission a power

station that is 40% complete during electioneering times just to get the attention of the people.

My house for PH never see public power supply in the last six days

all na wash wash

Your own better, here in UNIPORT no light for a very very long time.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Realdeals(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Today is our turn to use electricity, yet no light! what are they commissioning
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by tsdarkside(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
emeka2847:
This commissioning will continue till March 28.

Then we'll March4Buhari.

no they think nigerians are stvpid...... angry angry angry
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by sanc2s(f): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
bolliejay:
But we barely use light for 2hrs here in ikotun lagos or is Egbin
how will you live in Ikotun and you want to have light day and night? Wetin your papa dey do wen others dey live for victoria Garden city?

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ceejay80s(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
SpiritAdviser:
All this agents of Buhari that have sold their conscience of reasoning to lies and deception, they will never commend anything good about the president. The power sector has tremendously improved in GEJ's administration. I dare anyone to challenge me on the Achievements of Buhari and GEJ and let us weigh which of the two persona have done more for Nigeria.
Thunder go destroy u for lying, light dey ur house now?

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by miketayo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

That's one of the reasons OBJ wants to pull him down by all means but God will not allow him.

calm down. OJB owns most of the shares in Egbin power PLC after privatization, just 20% is owned by FG. Even the plant being commissioned have been working for some months now, broke down and got fixed again.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by miketayo(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This is commendable. I hope this commission with immediate effect on our power supply. Let's not hear it'll take another couple of years before we feel the effect. Commissioning means ready to use meaning right now Nigeria can confidently boast of an additional 1320MW. If we add yesterday's commissioning Nigeria has an additional 2000mw electricity production. This is what this means right?

lolzz, sorry its has been working for months now, so dont expect any upgrade just yet
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by kennylawd: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:
Yesterday, a quantum leap was recorded in our quest for stable power supply with the commissioning of 750MW Olorunsogo Power generation station in Ogun State. Today, still in the spirit of confining power outage to perpetual obscurity, the President and Commander In Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is presently commissioning another power station in Ikorodu, Lagos State. The project which came to fruition as a result of Mr.President's commitment to effectively lighten up Nigeria is the largest in West Africa and will add about 1320 MW of power supply to the national grid. Let's celebrate an achiever.

Don't get carried away by those two events its just ceremonious. The MW has been added since December so don't expect any unusual improvement.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by miketayo(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
gen2briz:
Please ooo is the power sector still in federal government custody ni?
Abi see na private partnership the thing be ni?
No mind my ignorance ooo.

FG owns 20% of Egbin power plc.. dont mind them its all political strategy.. they block the whole place we cant even move around

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by miketayo(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
kayciano:
Questions that need URGENT ANSWERS.

PLEASE WHAT did OBGJ do...?

bought NEPA grin
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by watbas: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
You know I'm learning here.
Could this be the real reason why the Presidency pressured the INec using military?
Are all this sporadic commissioning in plan before?
Are we really sure the projects are completed?
You know it's easy to commission power stations that people can't proof the effect?
It's getting obvious that Presidency was really afraid of something.
God help this country.

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by enkay0525: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
I have said it and I will continue saying it.There are some devils incarnate on nairaland. People that don't like moving forward. They prefer to be stagnant. Such people should not come and block us from moving forward o.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ceejay80s(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

Which obj ? The obj wey all of dem wan go beg
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Egbin has been sold so we dont know what Jonathan is still doing commissioning somebody's private expansion to his property.
Profit motive should be driving the business so the power plants should be expanding on their own to grow their business.
yes it was a honorary thing
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Goddex: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
[size=14pt]While GEJ is commissioning, the APC candidate is junketing UK to shake hands with former world leaders. Thank you sir.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by tsdarkside(m): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
whatever....

with 22,000 MW...the situation would be much different now..

how can we pay more than the chinese and get only 1% of the product..explain this to me??

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by thaoriginator: 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
taharqa:
OP, this is the commissioning of just a single unit, out of 6, of the 1320MW plant.

The unit been commissioned is about 220MW, and has just been built after many years by the new private owners of the plant who have invested about #50billion in totally rehabilitating it, thereby functionally raising the entire plant to its 1320MW capacity for the 1st time, all under gej power reform program
O make we hear word, we still dey buy power-banks to charge phones.

GEJ is as good as gone!

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by popcykaylah(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
the question I wanna ask is .. if he no do am..shey na my papa for fix electricity for Nigeria?he is the president of Nigeria ...controlling trillions ...he promised us stable electricity and now we barely get to use electricity for 5 hrs a day..una dey hail am...gullible Nigerians need to travel and see the outside world..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Grants Fani-kayode Administrative Bail / Nigerians Don’t Need Counselling To Reject APC In 2019 – Fayose / Don't Praise Me, Tinubu Issues Warning To APC Leaders Ahead Of March 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.