Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (38281 Views)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by madridguy(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Waiting for OBJ version of the story.
Goodby Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by salo4resolute: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
Clueless u,y not lay ur hand on any book,that reveal the biography of abraham lincoln,and realise that educational status,its not the aclaim priority to appoint a leader
SeverusSnape:
Even though you don't want to contest for second term, We the lovers of Nigeria want you to continue the transformation agenda. We prefer you to an illiterate Certificateless herder.

6 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by tomakint: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.
you just labeled your President a 'nincompoop' shey undecided I just wondered how proud of you your children (that is if you have) will be! APC with ugly attitude....
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Bellfun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
We all tell lies!...but when the President of a whole country starts lying,then he has no dignity in him!

Mr.President...I put it to you that YOU ARE A LIAR!

8 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ayodejijf(m): 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Some peopl ar foolish wt d way dey ar talking 2d president...dey shuld remba nigeria is a complex nation wt complex people nd thr is no way u can please them.... no matter hw hard u wrk nigerian wl stl complain...
Pls it's high time we matured....GOD BLESS U
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Best liar of the century.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by fairheven: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lie dey smell..
If I may add,why shud we have a single term of seven years?...why not a single term of five years..y not even a single term of four years."longer throat"president! For six years your hands have been tied,resulting to clueless leadership,if we now add one year,u wud now perform magic

5 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by freshness2020: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
tunex23:
yes he will do it....
...world class aberration!
Smh!

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Jchi9876: 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well....Oshiomole is also certificate-less.....and he is certainly no illiterate.

And Buhari has his certificate. The Nigerian Army was not taking in certificate-less people in 1961 for officer training.It is folks like you that like to pretend he is an illiterate. If he was...he certainly would never have been given the positions of responsibility he held over the years....and he would not have been intelligent enough to do the looting some of you accuse him of.

We know you do not like Northerners, but your problem really is that you view Abuja as a place to chop money. Real development does not interest you. And the funny thing is that many of Buhari's Northern supporters think that way(which is why thigs won't change if GMB takes over).

You Nigerians are as like as two peas in a pod. That is the really funny part. You all deserve each other.And you all need to grow up(in a nice way...not in an insulting way). You need to grow up to the realisation that development is not about how much kudi you can chop....it is about what you do with the resources you have, and how you use your minds to sort out the problems that you have.

Bros after All thiS your back and forth wetin be Ur point?
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by shiningshina(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ is always doing one of these three things anytime any day:

(1) drinking ogogoro
(2) telling barefaced lies
(3) bribing pastors

May God remove this instinctive liar who is fast crashing Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ochoi(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:
Lol.. The f0ols who have built their defence on this would be damned right unwilling to accept it.
But it doesn't matter. Like he said, someone should play the full tape.
No he's d accused here,its nw left 4 him 2 produce d full tape nd proof dem wrong!b

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by holyokoto(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Na so them they LIE? This man sabi LIe o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=14pt]President Goodluck Jonathan is just a shameless liar and his wife First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan can confirm it.

About 522,000 results (0.48 seconds)
Search Results

I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists - Nigeria ...
www.nigeria70.com/.../i_won...stay_in_office_beyond_2015_jonathan_i...

Jul 28, 2011 - I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists. President faults opposition to single tenure PDP holds convention January 25 AT two ...
I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists
www.nigeriadailynews.com/.../24805-i-won’t-stay-in-office-beyond-201...
Jul 28, 2011 - I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists. ... President Goodluck Jonathan said he had no intention to stay in the Presidential Villa ...
I Won't Stay In Office Beyond 2015 – Jonathan Insists ...
newsrescue.com/wont-stay-office-beyond-2015-jonathan-insists/
Jan 24, 2014 - I Won't Stay In Office Beyond 2015 – Jonathan Insists ... Jonathan's solemn promise to Nigerians can also be read in 2011 paper online here.
[General] I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists ...
nigeriavillagesquare.com/.../85363-i-wont-stay-office-beyond-2015-jona...
Sep 30, 2014 - Default Re: I won't stay in office beyond 2015, Jonathan insists. Stale gist. Its a 2011 newspaper. 2 Not allowed!
I won't stay in office beyond 2015 – Jonathan insists | OSUN ...
www.osundefender.org/?p=147836
Jan 22, 2014 - I won't stay in office beyond 2015 – Jonathan insists. Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=147836. Posted by Bilkis Adams on Jan 22 ...
I won't stay in office beyond 2015 – Jonathan insists ...
www.nigeriaheadlines.com/.../i-wont-stay-in-office-beyond-2015-jonath...
Jan 22, 2014 - I won't stay in office beyond 2015 – Jonathan insists...
I Won't Stay In Office Beyond 2015 – Jonathan Insists. You ...
https://plus.google.com/.../posts/4XryMA9wGRo
Michael Chima Ekenyerengozi
Dec 30, 2014 - I Won't Stay In Office Beyond 2015 – Jonathan Insists. You shall be careful to do what has passed your lips, for you have voluntarily vowed to the Lord your God ...
I'll not contest 2015 election – President Jonathan | Brimtime
www.brimtime.com/2013/12/ill-not-contest-2015-election-president.html
Dec 28, 2013 - I'll not contest 2015 election – President Jonathan. President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in .... Fuel scarcity looms as oil workers insist on strik.
President Jonathans Insatiable Quest For More Power ...
www.nigeriafilms.com/.../president-jonathans-insatiable-quest-for-more-...
Oct 24, 2014 - Recall that Goodluck Jonathan automatically rose from the office of a Vice ... ''I won't stay in power beyond 2015-Jonathan insists'', because the.
President Jonathan's Insatiable Quest For More Power
www.thenigerianvoice.com/.../president-jonathans-insatiable-quest-for-m...
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by xklucvG: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
kokoA:
This man can lie for Africa o shocked
Innocent until proven guilty. Watch the full video to know if its true or not.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by fkaz(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obtained took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and ]“I just wanted to win my primaries”.

Jonathan think he is smart, now he is paying for his stupidity. "Conning man die, another conning man bury am"

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by lovemko(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
space booked... if i come bck and dis man never correct dis lie eh...!!!

*modefied
i jst discovered lying is his tradition... nothing much to say than quickly ask, IS THIS MAN THE ONE THAT SAID HE HAS FUFILLED HIS ELECTION PROMISE ON POWER?

well IF A PFESIDENT SAYS STEALING ISNT CORRUPTION wat else would u expect frm such a leader?

SMH...

5 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ lying since 1960...The man can't even be truthful even if his life depended on it, talk about addiction...

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Goddex: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=20pt]We know sir that you never said anything like that.
Don't bother explaining

The single term thing came about when you proposed a 7yr single tenure and pledged not to run for a second term if Nigerians accept it. The headline on Guardan newspaper clearly showed that[/size]
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by mu2sa2: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
Supposing this man admitted making the statement and said he'd changed his mind. Wouldn't that be better instead of lying?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Btruth: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
#Ole! .... 7 years single tenure ko, 14 years single tenure nii! Anyway, start packing your things because your time is up come March 28th, 2015. You are definitely going back to Otuoke.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by razzaque: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
A big lie, how could a whole President give a blantant lie
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by mbulela: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.
The gods could not have been more cruel even if they tried to be. How we ended up with a man who has been an utter mediocre at every turn in his life as president at such a critical juncture of of our nationhood, is a decapitating blow by the gods.

7 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by XXCASH: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
Buhari said he will not contest again in 2011.
But at least he confirmed and gave reasons why he is on it again.
That's the least we expect from GEJ. This man wey I wan use pity support just dey vex me more and more by the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by gmaribel(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and
[size=20pt]“I just wanted to win my primaries”.[/size]

Ok!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by axeman10(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
What is the implication of this? GEJ is already contesting and we have moved on...his party has named him their presidential candidate.

Why bring up this issue again? I hope it isn't what I'm thinking. Disrupt 2015 elections...no elections will take place and move for a single tenure of 7years. Guess they have no plans to contest anyway.

#dontquoteme #Justguessing #politicalconjectures
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
"He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.- he deceived the pdp members including obj. It's the reason members of n-pdp defected to APC, its the reason obj tore his pdp membership. Jonathan lying since 1914

7 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by richidinho(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
omenka:
A president with no honour. This is disgusting.

Ur Dad has honour of poverty
A palm wine tapper who is well respected
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
shiningshina:
GEJ is always doing one of these three things anytime any day:

(1) drinking ogogoro
(2) telling barefaced lies
(3) bribing pastors

May God remove this instinctive liar who is fast crashing Nigeria.
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! In Jesus Name, fireeee!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by AllBusiness(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=20pt]Barrister John Okoro 19th February 2015:

''I am for Jonathan, but i'm worried, its everywhere and clean clear, the more Femi Fani Kayode attack Obasanjo the more he's giving Buhari more ground and more votes, we need to stop this, we will continue to work on this''[/size]
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by sunny63(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
Obasanjo contested 4 second term,GEJ also has d constitutional right 2 contest 4 second term.Dnt play politics of sentiment.GEJ all d way,d real Nigerians r behind u Sir
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

Daddy you can lie oo!

GEJ a great LIEon.. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari With Wife Aisha, Amosun & Nollywood Stars At An Event In Abuja / Osinbajo Welcomes First Granchild As His Daughter, Oludamilola Gives Birth / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.