Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (38282 Views)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by kernel504(m): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
Am asking this question as a Nigerian with no party affiliation, if Mr. President was going for a 7 year-single-tenure, how can he still promise one tenure, when the then proposed bill was for single tenure, remembering too well that he said '' I will not benefit in the new 7 years single tenure'',so what is he saying ?
Am a Pro-Jonathan, but then, he needs to start managing his words rightly, because we are not dead begins. There are lots of loop-holes in his addresses these days, l guess he's under duress.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by rusher14: 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
richidinho:

Ur Dad has honour of poverty
A palm wine tapper who is well respected
There's dignity in labour.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by comrAIHali(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.

I reason with you bro, U are absolutely right
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
This our president is good at nothing,even ordinary lie,he no sabi rebrand or re-parkage am...imagine when he was trying to clear the air about stealing isn't corruption? He flopped..now even what he said and was vividly clear when he. Said he is going only oncE? He flopped again making everything more confusing!! He should just go and sit down and let someone else try..he is a failed entity already,he should let's employ another beTter option...under his watch,we lost 3800mw to vandalism and he keeps commissioning one yeye 750mw..and he is proud to say he has done everything that needs to be done in the power sector..this is 4days now,no traces of electricity in my area not even a flash!! Mtchewwww...abeg no insult here cos I won't take any lightly..u want to reply me,do it maturely and pls respect yourself

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by femoree2(m): 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
D man na blatant & confused liar.. na today una know?...it comes with the party...pdp

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by od4life(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
alaoeri:
No hiding place for the clueless one because he's going back to Otuoke come May 29.

U are d one who will go bk to ur village come May 29.....
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by MOOJIMOH(m): 6:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
chelseabmw:
In as much as I support GEJ smiley

He is lying here lipsrsealed

Sir, there are times you shouldn't twist answers when you are asked a honest question.. >:

Anyway

GEJ till 2019

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Azo(m): 6:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
chelseabmw:
In as much as I support GEJ smiley

He is lying here lipsrsealed

Sir, there are times you shouldn't twist answers when you are asked a honest question.. >:

Anyway

GEJ till 2019

U still want to vote for a liar? So what in his manifesto, if he has any will u believe? Pls open ur minds and stop thinking with ur feet.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by babasanti: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
HATERS CAN GO AND DIE

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by cusehcuseh(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jona le kwam ikpom lies. Asi ga di kwa ready igbu mmadu. PDP= Professional Deceiver's Party, mtchewww....

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by fckmn24seg(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
alaoeri:
No hiding place for the clueless one because he's going back to Otuoke come May 29.

Confirm

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by 7lives: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
He who has not lied let him throw the first stone, just kidding, jona don nail himself again can't this man just keep quiet abi na by force to talk?.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ilekeh:

But look at the posts on the first page; "he is lying, but GEJ till 2019".

Some Nigerians are the ediots GEJ made them out to be.
Yea, true that.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Justcul(m): 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
Once he takes a shot of ogogoro, he'll start missyan .. Smh. undecided

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by emeka2847: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
Something we see on TV everyday. Liar!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
wummyanthoy:
He has every right 2 contest 4 2nd term , sebi baba iyabo had did as a military, anoda 8yrs as a civilian n wntd 2 go 4 anoda 4yrs if not dat d senate didn't allow him he would ve spent 12yrs as a civilian 8yrs 4 jonathan now he dey cry ! Even if na you no go wan commot frm der o! He is human baba iyabo biko o!

1. You got it completely WRONG here!. The people who are outraged here, who include even some ofGEJ' supporters, are NOT outraged by GEJ's decision to renege on whatever commitment/promise he had made about serving only one term, but they are outraged, and even shocked, by his denial that he had made such a commitment/promise!

2. How can someone in his right senses deny, and try to twist and spin, a pronouncement that he and his mentor and spokespersons have so publicly made, on both local and international occasions, and captured in both audio and video recording?

3. Many Nigerians, even those of us who are disappointed by GEJ's first term performance, simply understand that although he had promised not to seek re-election, it is still within his constitutional rights to change his mind and contest.

4. But for him to come out and LIE that he never made such a promise, is TOO DAMAGING to his already battered credibility.

5. Worse still, he unwittingly confirmed that he deliberately chose to build his president mandate on LIES and DECEIT right from the beginning, as this part of the report clearly shows: "He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

6. He deceitfully allowed OBJ, the 20 PDP govs (and his presidential spokespersons) to go all over places putting their credibility on the line and vouching for him about it, while he knew in his heart of hearts that he did NOT sincerely believe in that promise.

7. After these had people helped him win the primaries, he expects them (OBJ, the PDP govs) to be happy with him that he deceived them into supporting him win his party's primaries?

8. And he expects them to seriously support him to get the second-term-by-deceit thingy?

9. Well, this only shows that cluelessness is ONLY ONE of GEJ's problems as a leader; others, which are coming to fore and which may have damaged his political career even more, are his self-centredness and deceit.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Exigency: 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
kernel504:
Am asking this question as a Nigerian with no party affiliation, if Mr. President was going for a 7 year-single-tenure, how can he still promise one tenure, when the then proposed bill was for single tenure, remembering too well that he said '' I will not benefit in the new 7 years single tenure'',so what is he saying ?
Am a Pro-Jonathan, but then, he needs to start managing his words rightly, because we are not dead begins. There are lots of lope wholes in his addresses these days, l guess he's under duress.

Loopholes are the classic signs of statements filled with lies. As they say, truth is constant but one lie will require 10 more lies to cover it up.

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by daniella4real(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Don't forget DAT d question was asked during inauguration by d formal head of state.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by otizs: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
You can lie Mr GEJ! We won't vote you.. Allah!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

Can someone dredge up the video of this speech? grin
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by patriotic16: 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
Aliyu Banbagida still got d file u sign to convince the north in 2011...

Evn u get d file idiot.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by mickeymimi: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
egift:
On Vanguard Website

Jonathan is a chronic liar..
We saw the video and heard him say so with his own mouth...Abi him and FFK no get the tape?
Jona, simply forgot all the promises he ever made.
He said if he can't fix nigeria's power problem in four years, then it would be a waste to give him an extra four years
what else do you have to say Mr stealing is no corruption ?

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Frankmishael:
god bless u bro, all this APC moderator think thay can ban me but they don't no I'm a computer hacker useless APC e-rat
Bros, not only you o, that's how they've been baning me, God bless you too sir.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
patriotic16:

Evn u get d file idiot.

GEJ was reluctant to declare for 2nd term mainly because of the promise he made to d north in 2011,so can u pls call a spade a spade and stop being bias .....
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by otizs: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jona!

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by zanga420: 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.
if u believe u've offended the gods in voting in gej, if u continue the way u're going u'll offend God this time. its interesting that gej won in free n fair election. Another offence on the gods n greater is looming
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
patriotic16:

Evn u get d file idiot.
[quote author=patriotic16 post=30982423]

GEJ was reluctant to declare for 2nd term mainly because of the promise he made to d north in 2011,so can u pls call a spade a spade and stop being bias .....

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by rasco2000me: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
wHAT DID THIS PRESIDENT TAKE NIGERIAN FOR A FOOL CONUTRY U LIE A LOT ,U TAKE NIGERIAN TO BE A FISH (ZOOLOGY)PLS IF U DO NOT HV A MEANIFUL THING TO SAY PLS I BETER U SILENCE,WE NIGERIAN DO NOT HV FISH BRAIN BUT HUMAN BRAIN
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Chigold101(m): 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

have you listened to the whole tape? Why call our president names?

Every Nigerian who has been politically conscious for upto 5years knows that GEJ tried making House Assembly sign into law 7years single term for governors & president. But that bill didnt pass second reading. Calling people names will not make us taller; in shot it be littles us in the eyes of others even in the eyes of our drum beaters & praise singers
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by ngdecides: 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:

Ok Sir. We now understand. Wish you luck at the polls.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by rasco2000me: 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
wHAT DID THIS PRESIDENT TAKE NIGERIAN FOR A FOOL CONUTRY U LIE A LOT ,U TAKE NIGERIAN TO BE A FISH (ZOOLOGY)PLS IF U DO NOT HV A MEANIFUL THING TO SAY PLS I BETER U SILENCE,WE NIGERIAN DO NOT HV FISH BRAIN BUT HUMAN BRAIN take ur statement to fısh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Welcomes First Granchild As His Daughter, Oludamilola Gives Birth / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos) / Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61