Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,983 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (38285 Views)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by bolliejay(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bloody liar!!!!!

Sai Buahri

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
richidinho:

Ur Dad has honour of poverty
A palm wine tapper who is well respected
Who be this? Where u dey come from? You no dey look road?

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by psalmsjob: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Mr. Liar!

How did we end up with this nincompoop? We must have offended the gods to get GEJ as a punishment for our offence.

Yes o, but the path to forgiveness of sin ls in admission of the offence true we made a grave error and are punished but we can make amends on #MarchForBuhari.

#VoteForBuhari for a President that will not say things/agree to any situation because in his words; "PDP delegates were there and I just want to win my primary election" and in another 'un-manly' statement he said that; "I don't want to join issues with Obasanjo that's why I agreed to say publicly that I'll not run for a second term."

This GEJonathan should not open his mouth again cos each time he does he just spews Cluelessness of the highest level.

#VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria #VoteForBuhari

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by kasheemawo(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
JonaTan diaris godu oooo
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by darlenese(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
M.y presido, evn if u said it , it is not wrong to change ur mind, after all we all ask for more after consuming a delicious plate of food

Gej till buhari goes to school
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by musaffyan(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
That's was then and dis is now let him contest b4 his gangs and goons start shouting they were cheated
For sure he going back to OTUEKE as cheif palmwine tapper he has always been

BUHARI WILL HAVE CHANGE SOME SETTINGS IN ASO VILLA CUS D ALCOHOL STENCH OF D DRUNKERD WILL BE PERFUMED WITH POLLUTED AIR
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
This STORY is misquoting GEJ.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by richidinho(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
bigmo1:

Who be this? Where u dey come from? You no dey look road?

I dey look roadooooooooooo

Just that I still prefer the Nigeria president to ur Dad who is a palm wine tapper president
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by gmaribel(m): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
bigmo1:
"He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.- he deceived the pdp members including obj. It's the reason members of n-pdp defected to APC, its the reason obj tore his pdp membership. Jonathan lying since 1914

I am still wondering if that statement from Obasanjo influenced the outcome of the primaries?

If yes that means pdp delegates voted him as thier flagbearer based on a false claim.

He should have cleared the air there and then before the primaries not after benefiting from it turn around and disown the statement.

7 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nichobabe(m): 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bad Market.

You don't need to lie, everyone has the right to change his mind, especially as Nigerians want you to continue. Even Buhari in 2011 promised not to contest again but he did, Nothing spoil

Please Oga stop answering every question

GEJ till transformation ends
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by richidinho(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
psalmsjob:

Yes o, but the path to forgiveness of sin ls in admission of the offence true we made a grave error and are punished but we can make amends on #MarchForBuhari.

#VoteForBuhari for a President that will not say things/agree to any situation because in his words; "PDP delegates were there and I just want to win my primary election" and in another 'un-manly' statement he said that; "I don't want to join issues with Obasanjo that's why I agreed to say publicly that I'll not run for a second term."

This GEJonathan should not open his mouth again cos each time he does he just spews Cluelessness of the highest level.

#VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria #VoteForBuhari

Shut ur dirty bucal cavity............u this supporter of an illiterate sick pig
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Splashme: 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Goddex:
[size=20pt]We know sir that you never said anything like that.
Don't bother explaining

The single term thing came about when you proposed a 7yr single tenure and pledged not to run for a second term if Nigerians accept it. The headline on Guardan newspaper clearly showed that[/size]

Exactly
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Goddex:
[size=20pt]We know sir that you never said anything like that.
Don't bother explaining

The single term thing came about when you proposed a 7yr single tenure and pledged not to run for a second term if Nigerians accept it. The headline on Guardan newspaper clearly showed that[/size]
Stop being f.oolish

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by gmaribel(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nichobabe:
Bad Market.

You don't need to lie, everyone has the right to change his mind, especially as Nigerians want you to continue. Even Buhari in 2011 promised not to contest again but he did, Nothing spoil

Spot on.

Everyone has a right to change his mind. Even Fashola said he will only run for one term but he has done two.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by sheylarhh(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayodejijf:
Some peopl ar foolish wt d way dey ar talking 2d president...dey shuld remba nigeria is a complex nation wt complex people nd thr is no way u can please them.... no matter hw hard u wrk nigerian wl stl complain...
Pls it's high time we matured....GOD BLESS U
wot is ur point?
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
omenka:
A president with no honour. This is disgusting.

Jonah-daft is a shameless liar.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nichobabe:
Bad Market.

So y lie?

U guys r not helping him. This guy is a chronic liar

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by goryorhal(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
richidinho:

Ur Dad has honour of poverty
A palm wine tapper who is well respected

Bros you no get common sense ooh ..
Abeg Na where you go when God dey give us brain..

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
gmaribel:

Spot on.

Everyone has a right to change his mind. Even Fashola said he will only run for one term but he has done two.

Agreed!
So y lie?
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by hitler30: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
MR JONA U ARE A CONFIRMED LIAR. ote author=Omooba77 post=30972712]President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/[/quote]
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
soe:
Ok

Guys please watch and listen to this music by Ayo Jay (think about me).

This guy is Naija's latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdvv-YEpOA

No vex after few seconds I stopped because it sounded like every other naija song. make una try different beat/tune nah
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by richidinho(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
gmaribel:

I am still wondering if that statement from Obasanjo influenced the outcome of the primaries?

If yes that means pdp delegates voted him as thier flagbearer based on a false claim.

He should have cleared the air there and then before the primaries not after benefiting from it turn around and disown the statement.

In 1922 a gentleman was so worried about some political statements

Guess wat?
He jumped into a lagoon

Guy how far
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Joshcoli(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
President Good luck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by walemoney007(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Allright....you should have told us in the first place.

Still....that's Nigerian politics.

Modified....

The trouble with Nigerian politics is the idea that development comes when your brother gets into office....and also the idea that it is your right to get into lawless activity if your brother does not get into office.

The last few months have really convinced me that whether Northerners or Southerners....Nigerians are all alike. We should stop pretending that the British forcefully untied us. No.....we got united because in the eyes of the Brits.....we were ALL ALIKE.

Just listen to Lawal Kaita in 2010....and Dokubo Asari in 2014....and tell me if there is any difference.

Nigeria must remain united...and must accept whoever wins in 2015. Because if we split....we would end up fighting each other for the same resources. And there will be no victor....all vanquished.

As I have said before....we do not deserve democracy. Because we ain't mature enough for it.
are u sayin wen Nigeria divide,d north east will b fightin rivers and bayelsa for d oil located in dia country.or biafra will go to war wit odua republic if igbos are deported from lagos?
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Harmony10: 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
Buhari said he will not contest again in 2011.

I don't think Buhari denied the fact that He said so. I don't know if Buhari said so or not but he did not deny that he said so. He only said his supporters made him contest because the clamored that he should contest.

Let's cultivate the habit of saying the truth regardless of opposition. Say the truth and put the devil to shame. You will know the truth and say/do the truth and d truth will set you free.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by pld4reel(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
If you are a lier, you are also capable of stealing.

This GEJ just make me sick.

I wonder how he can live with himself after all these.

All because of vanity.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jchi9876:

Bros after All thiS your back and forth wetin be Ur point?

Of course...you will never get my point....because you are a Nigerian!

I shall not explain it to you......I am not a teacher.
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by anibestlala(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Omooba77:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said that he was quoted out of context in the statement he made on running only a single term.

The president said this when he had an interactive session with Islamic Clerics from South West region at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”

He said those who have been playing the tape where it was shown that he had pledged to run only a single term had not been sincere.

The President said that what happened was that late President Umaru Yar’Adua came out with political reforms when he, Jonathan was the Vice president.

Jonathan said that he was the chairman of the interparty group of the committee set up by late Yar’adua to agree on the president’s proposal for a single tenure.

He said the statement he made in Addis Ababa was within the context of the proposal.

“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”

He said that he told the audience in Addis that that recommendation would move the country forward.

“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”

“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.”

He said that he still believed in that recommendation in order to prevent the waste of resources during re-election bids of incumbents.

Jonathan said the section of the broadcast which featured former president Obasanjo took place in 2011 during the PDP presidential primary.

He said that he did not want to join issues with Obasanjo because the party members were there for primaries and “I just wanted to win my primaries”.

He reaffirmed his earlier stand that if Nigerians accept his proposal of a single term of seven years, he would not re-contest.

“Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape.”

Jonathan said people were diminishing the office of the president because of politics.

He further said that even with the past campaign for the 2015 polls almost concluded, if Nigerians would accept that single tenure of seven years, he would not bother to contest the election.

He thanked the clerics for giving him the opportunity to clarify the statement and urged them to continue to pray for the unity and prosperity of the country,

Earlier the Chief Imam of Oriwu Central Mosque, Ikorodu,Llagos, Sheikh Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi, had urged the president to carry every Nigerian along in his administration.

The Imam pledged support for the programmes of the administration and urged the government to conduct a free, fair election to win the favour of God.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/
even if you did sir,you wouldn't be the first to do so.afterall Buhari promised he wouldn't be contesting again and even cried to prove it.#whatisgoodforthegooseisgoodforthegander
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by gmaribel(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Agreed!
So y lie?

Yeah he should have said "After making that statement my supporters urged me to reconsider and continue the transformation of the country" that would have sounded better than I never made such a statement.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by wummyanthoy: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
He has every right 2 contest 4 2nd term , sebi baba iyabo had did as a military, anoda 8yrs as a civilian n wntd 2 go 4 anoda 4yrs if not dat d senate didn't allow him he would ve spent 12yrs as a civilian 8yrs 4 jonathan now he dey cry ! Even if na you no go wan commot frm der o! He is human baba iyabo biko o!
Re: I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan by olu77(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lies in high places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ahamefula Okorocha Collapses, Governor's Son Rushed To London Hospital / Segun Oni: "Why Fayemi May Not Win Governorship Election" / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.