Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? (26288 Views)

Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President / Ambassador Dumps PDP For APC In Bayelsa / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Eluwilussit(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
stebell:

Zombie grin see ur face.

I see am. How far?
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by gists: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mynd44:
The APC which seems to be the main opposition to the PDP in Nigeria has for sometime now been vigorously pushing for the ousting of President Jonathan and his administration in the next general elections and they will need the votes of the general public. They’ve been doing some convincing to the people who are undecided, now regarded with the somewhat derogatory term of “fencist”. Right now, I find myself sitting down wondering about some important issues. My questions are based on these points.

Body Language: In the last Presidential elections, the APC (or if you like ACN) had a candidate to run against the president and just hours before the election, they allegedly dumped him for reasons best known to them. This singular act shows them as unserious and some might even say they are just in the race for running sake. In my opinion, the greatest damage done by that singular act was to their supporters and of course the candidate, AIG Nuhu Ribadu (rtd). After all the resources and funds put into a campaign you chicken out in the end and leave your people to dry? It speaks volume as they have set a precedence of them being unserious.

How is that your business? We that they left dry are not complaining. Stop taking panadol for someone else's headache.

Candidates: I am not comfortable with some presidential candidates the APC brought. Buhari, Atiku etc are not what I will call presidential materials either based on past mismanagement of funds or being a dictator to human right abuses. Why not others? How come more people are not opting to contest and seek office? Must we be saddled with the same old people? Yes we know people like Kwankwoso and Rochas contested in the primary but still it was evident from the start that it was a battle between Buhari and Atiku. Atiku was third (which remains a shocker)

[b]When ACN chose Ribadu in 2011 as the consensus candidate, you people cried as if someone has collected your bread that the ACN did not have internal democracy. Now that PDP chose GEJ as its consensus candidate, that cry about lack of internal democracy suddenly disappeared. Now Buhari was elected in the most transparent primary with thousands of delegates nationwide and the primary was devoid of any sort of rancour and those that lost even congratulated him against the expectations of doomsayers like you. You guys now come out with bul! sh!ts asking for others. Didn't Kwankwoso and Rochas you mentioned not contest. I am sure you would have prefered the primary election to be rigged to favour your so called preferred candidates just like pdp rigged many if not all its primary elections. BTW if the APC primary was rigged to suite your preferred candidates, people like you would have still come out to castigate the APC for rigging. Just in case you have not noticed, APC leaders are not in politics to satisfy TANoids - sorry about that [/b]

Insecurity: This is another problem. We all admit that this is a problem for all Nigerians but has the APC done enough to fight it? Have they shown support towards fighting this scourge that has left thousands dead, about a million displaced and also fear in the heart of a lot of Nigerians? What has the APC done to support the fight apart from endless criticism? Have APC brought out or proffered solutions to fighting this? The killing of members of the NYSC in the North after the elections comes to mind. Some may say that most of the perpetrators were CPC supporters but they have joined the ACN to form APC, so APC should please answer. Statements: This is another point that has been scary (well to me). A lot of statements credited to top members of the APC has not been comfortable ones. I find it careless and annoying the statements I hear and sometimes, I fear they can cause war.

Notable amongst these statements is the threat by the Director-General of their Presidential campaign, Governor Rotimi Amaechi that a parallel government will be formed if they lose. Does anyone remember that this kind of action led to the arrest and detention of Chief MKO Abiola?

Now I have to say a BIG THANK YOU for admitting (even though indirectly because you may not realise what you are admitting) that this GEJ government is incompetent and cannot solve the problem of insecurity. Tell me which opposition candidate did OBJ or even Yar'Adua seek advice from before checkmating insecurity in their respective governments? Or are you so forgetful to remember that there were issues of insecurity that GEJ's predecessors faced? So it is now confirmed by a TANoid that GEJ is incompetent. Even at that, let it be on record that there were quite a number of suggestion given and I recall Tinubu's publication sometime last year where he gave his own little suggestion.

Political Prostitution: It is difficult seeing a candidate scream XYZ today and tomorrow screams ABC. Most of the members of the APC were once in the opposition which they labelled as thieves and corrupt. Look at the case of Ekiti where Segun Oni joined the APC. That is a move that shocked even me because everyone remember the propaganda war he had with Fayemi before the courts declared in Fayemi’s favor. Endless Criticisms: Okay so the APC plays the role of an opposition party well. Yes they know how to criticize everything this administration does when campaigning but is that what their campaigns are about? I am tired of hearing what the other guys are going, what do you have for us. When you criticize, you need to also give solutions so you don’t seem to be just doing it because you can or because you are against them. The APC and PDP are both agents of Nigeria’s development right but how about saying what the government is doing right and then when you say what they are doing wrong, tell them what they should have done.

please, I am trying not to use some not-so-good words on you. How on earth can someone say APC has not told Nigerians what it plans to do if elected. Of all the rallies around the country, you have not seen where they mentioned what they planned to do. OK let's assume you missed all the rallies, do you also miss their manifesto? I mean come on!

Future Plans: What does the APC have for us? What are their ideas, what will they do about security, poverty, electricity, mortality rate. Education etc. No one is talking about this or they are not talking about it enough. It seems to be a case of making a lot of noise but not really saying anything.

Ditto

http://opinionriver.com/oluwamynd-vote-apc-2015/

Now after all these, please tell us why any sane Nigerian should vote for PDP - a party that presents a candidate who went dancing the next day innocent Nigerians were killed; a party that presents a candidate who doesn't think it is necessary to probe the NIS scam that lead to the death of young Nigerian searching for the opportunity to serve their fatherland.
Please be objective - hope that is not too much to ask for.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Dejohnbull: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
opiaoku:
Even mynd44 don port

Nairaland apc is dead #facts

Well as for me

It's always Gej till 2019
I dey follow u and Gej bumper to bumper till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by opiaoku: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dejohnbull:
I dey follow u and Gej bumper to bumper till 2019

It shall be well with your soul

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Mynd44: 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
This thread though.

42 mentions and counting...

I dey come

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Dejohnbull: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
opiaoku:

It shall be well with your soul
Amen oo, the umbrella is big enough to cover all nigerians this raining season

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by kingslly(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
My state Governor is APC and he's been dribbling the whole state like maradona.
madridguy:

I believe the answer to that is everywhere. I don't know where you live but if you have visisted any APC state you will know what change really means.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Omooba77: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
opiaoku:
Even mynd44 don port

Nairaland apc is dead #facts

Well as for me

It's always Gej till 2019
We are waiting for Jarus to port too smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Mynd44: 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Omooba77:

We are waiting for Jarus to port too smiley
Abeg I did not "port", "defect" or "Decamp"

Truth still remains that I will rather vote Patience Jonathan than Goodluck
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by madridguy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
kingslly:
My state Governor is APC and he's been dribbling the whole state like maradona.

Which state be that ?
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by kingslly(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Imo state.
madridguy:

Which state be that ?
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by bdidi: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanxebony:
The country has been looming in adverse degeneration, corruption and insecurity.
Imagine when a president says stealing is nt corruption. Just imagine and you want the same person to continue governing us. Think
Gej is actually trying to affect d public mindset abt Gmb by changing d date of d election. Why? Coz d military are nt prepared . Then why his he d c-in-c den when he cant give orders.
Many PDP have myopic view about government they should diffrentiate btwn military and democracy.
In military if u cant be authocratic den u are nt implementing ur trainning and u are condeming a man who ruled under military govt 4 just a year and some mnts. Within dat year history had it dat there was orderliness in d state. Pdp hates discipline coz dey are bunch of indiscipline thugs.
Compraring a man that ruled for 1 and did his best as a military man , compared to a democratic toy dat ruled for 10yrs wt little change. Think
@ op if ur relative is part of chibok girls will u vote a man dat kept quit 4 a month on her whereabout?
If u had a brother who obtain d immigratn form and lost his live searching for employment, will u continue with d govt dat killed ur bro?
Will u vote in a man dat left d nation crisis unattended to and was seen dancing in a rally?
Compare d past waec,neco and other education statistics to the present under ur shoeless man.
Visit the hospitals and see how nurses and other workers are short staffed and also with no instruments to practise well , instead they improvise
Thank God 4 God if not 4 campaing your dear Gej wont adjust and thanks to a man lyk Buhari who is xtending the wave of change to the pdp camp.
A wise old man is better than a clueless young fool.

Yours 4 change Lanxebony
March4Buhari
March4change.

Its so obvious you were not born during the Buhari regime. And your source of information is not complete. You cannot compare then and now. The dynamism have changed.

Am not here to change your opinion. You are entitled to it. But I hope you would agree with me that a tree cannot make a forest.

Have u sat down and really think, why is OBJ, Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and some PDP members that we all know are corrupt shouting CHANGE! When Tinubu was the Lagos state Governor for 8 years, what did he do for lagosians? As far as am concerned nothing. Fashola is his saving grace! So my brother they all want permanent interest that will favour their selfish interest and not selfless.

They are not getting it anymore in PDP hence the change slogan.

They have seen that Buhari is modest to some extent. Hence they are packaging him. I hope u won't come to write here that you are sick of this APC when Buhari wins and that is if he truely wins.

Be careful of the people behind Buhari! That is my fear

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by bdidi: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
wordsbase:
Mynd44, i need not say that what you've said largely defines the PDP also. So you should be preparing to vote for one of the other smaller parties' candidates, or not vote at all.

I would ask a reactionary question about only one of the poinpoints you raised. Talking about insecurity, What has President GEJ and the PDP done about the various observations,suggestions and show of support given by nigerians let alone the opposition? I need not remind you of the nbashing Gov. Shettima recieved after visiting GEJ to tell him of the on-ground situation of the troops at the front. What more would you have wanted the opposition to do? Was it not until recently that the gov't made belated moves to buy arms, to equip the military?

Besides, the truth of the matter is the govt has no idea as to how to protect the territorial sovreignty of this nation. Cluelessness can be no better defined than when a govt hands over it's water ways to an acclaimed militant insurgent.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/tompolo-tackles-security-of-nigerian-waters/

Obviously not well informed!

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
bdidi:

Obviously not well informed!
You mean?
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by EdCure: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
rusher14:
How much is.man's conscience worth these days angry
Good question for a worrisome development.
Seriously considering buying some myself cos they come so cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by philips70(m): 12:05am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:
This thread though.

42 mentions and counting...

I dey come

How are you and Barcanista different from this man who said all these in this video and return to do what you guys are doing now? I do not want to go bring up all your position on the PDP and GEJ all along but I want to ask you guys what have changed. I do not fault your decisions to jettison your former outlook of the APC and Buhari but what have changed in the PDP and Jonathan that you, FFK and your kinds have decided to embrace in totality? For me if I will decide to change my position today on Buhari and APC it will definitely be to abstain totally from any position because my conviction about the party PDP and Jonathan cannot change even if the devil himself enrol into the APC. Does your F9 automatically turn to C6 just because another student was found to have a P7?

Well, watch this guy of yesterday and know exactly who you guys are at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zzYbtGCyn4&feature=youtu.be
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:27am On Feb 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Bros, you scarce o o.
yea bro but i will be back soon

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Happycool: 12:32am On Feb 24, 2015
A single reason can not be attaché to that!!
#GEJ4Nija
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Rilikoko(m): 1:03am On Feb 24, 2015
I will excuse d TANoids....but it beats me when I see d so called people on d fence(Fencist) still undecided.It only means one thing to be a fencist,u don't agree/like/want d status quo but u are not also convinced/sure of d other option.but one thing is also certain,u want a change.....Looking objectively at our democracy and politics in general since 1999 through d various elections,do u really think we can get it wrong by electing another party at d national level.We have all seen d examples of changing a party at d state levels,some pleasant n some not so pleasant but we have always come back to change d unpleasant ones tru d ballot.We all want to progress in life and we know true progress comes with change,change from being poor to rich,baby to adult,illiterate to literate,all dis and many more requires courage cos its all risky.so dis brings us to another defination of change,which is 'change is risk taking'...therefore to d fencist who desires change but are not sure of d change,I say to you TAKE D RISK we can only learn from it and it will surely make us and our democracy stronger.The most important thing is about changing dis corrupt and inept present govt,a govt dat has reduced d pride of every Nigerian both locally n international,a govt that refused to plan for our future by squandering away our resources,a govt dat celebrates medicority.....if we have d courage to look d problem in d eye now and take a stand by changing it then I don't see how difficult it will be for us to change d next govt too if it fails us...

So, I have decided to vote for CHANGE
I have decided to vote APC
I have decided to vote Buhari/Osinbajo
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Raffie20: 1:35am On Feb 24, 2015
Abegggiiiiii, if u wan talk, show your PVC o..... no empty comments please

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by olaodu4: 3:18am On Feb 24, 2015
Despite the fact that APC is unable to get the political and economical support by the federal government, you can see physical projects to point out.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by olaodu4: 3:24am On Feb 24, 2015
The ignorance will support Jonathan government because they don't know what the government should be doing. Imagine in history of Nigeria. £1 = N310. My people I don't live in the country but I am patriotic. You guys need to open your eyes and understand that the government have a vital role to play in your life.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Oklander: 5:10am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

I wrote that to prove a point to a friend
grin, guess its about how APC supporters behave or respond? or about how they would attack even you? whichever, I guess the point was proved, right? grin.
Anyways, as much as you would see some unnecessary response from some people here which I would advise and already thought that you would most probably overlook, also your post has been brilliantly answered by Pendy79 and some few others in some of those mentions you have. Take your time to go through and do not forget to compare how GMB supporters clarifies this issues with the response you got when you raised the same about Gej/pdp laat month… cheerz!

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Mynd44: 5:17am On Feb 24, 2015
Oklander:
grin, guess its about how APC supporters behave or respond? or about how they would attack even you? whichever, I guess the point was proved, right? grin.
Anyways, as much as you would see some unnecessary response from some people here which I would advise and already thought that you would most probably overlook, also your post has been brilliantly answered by Pendy79 and some few others in some of those mentions you have. Take your time to go through and do not forget to compare how GMB supporters clarifies this issues with the response you got when you raised the same about Gej/pdp laat month… cheerz!
You honestly believe I will hinge my political support for a candidate/party of the online views of faceless people?

The point I wasnted to make was simple. I also created this www.nairaland.com/2073998/why-should-vote-president-jonathan and which is to draw arguements from both sides

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by poiZon: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2015
SkyBlue1:
You don't have to vote for APC or anybody for that matter. If you are happy with the way the country has been governed over the past 15 years and especially the last 5, you are free to vote to continue down the path the country is currently on. Others want to try something different. It is called democracy and that is why we have elections.

somethng different wif the same people that caused the destruction?
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by vedaxcool(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

You honestly believe I will hinge my political support for a candidate/party of the online views of faceless people?

The point I wasnted to make was simple. I also created this www.nairaland.com/2073998/why-should-vote-president-jonathan and which is to draw arguements from both sides

Please we need the thread unlocked, https://www.nairaland.com/2164128/light-mynd44-thread-seun-mods#31029196
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by macsilver(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
ALAYORMII:

If I support GMB that means I dont have sense but once I teleported or cross carpeted to GEJ then am sensible?

Everyone has freedom of association

If I don't see things the way you do doesn't mean I hate or like you

Thanks for that. Now can u kindly answer the other part of my post which is a mixture of request and question? Thanks.
Re: Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? by udatso: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

Abeg I did not "port", "defect" or "Decamp"

Truth still remains that I will rather vote Patience Jonathan than Goodluck
So what took you so long to say this. Pages far back you have been praised and welcomed for defecting and you just happened to ignore them all. I don't want to believe you just need the attention

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPOB: No Evidence Military Killed Any In Abia, Python Dance 3 Coming - Col. Musa / Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again / FinCEN Files: US Places Atiku, Wives, Under International Banking Surveillance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.