Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money (33370 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Daresh(f): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
Chilug:

And what kind of husband does that? Washing plate. Shh!

So if you had no means to provide for your family, and got a chance to wash plates in a restaurant so your family can eat. Will you do it? Or is it beneath you. While your family starves
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by fuzzywuzzy: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
The situation OP described is taking place in almost every home today just that the wives are hiding it because they don't want to look pathetic. Listen closely to their convos with best friends and you'll hear them complaining bitterly about their husbands' irresponsibility.........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Rhemmymatician(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Sarimah:
dear Lord, I don't need such a husband

If you prove to be a good girl, i'll try not to be that kind of husband to you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by iconzmagazine(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
true! click on our website link below on the signature and search for an article: does money matter in a relationship? it has all the answer to that. great topic!
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Votukpa(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
urchbarbie:
Oh dear me! I was just goin to stay ghostmode n enjoy dis thread till I came across dis shittyyy comment. Ure educated, yes dat I can see from ur writeup. Wat I don't understnd is why u ceased to comprehend d bible passage u quoted. Kai! The woman is d asset of her husband? Yes we gree. But whr u lost me is in ur intial argument whr ladies feel a husband is a workhorse and a woman remmitting her earnings cos she is her husbands "horse"
My dear, if ure a christain as u quotes d scriptures well, try rembr d encounter in d garden of eden.
A man is the "workhorse" of any home, dat was y God says Adam wld toil d earth ..............and d woman wld labour to bring forth her young one.
Nna! Take up ur responsiblity. Its been dere since d time of old

I'll take u up from that garden of eden rhetoric.

You see, Adam was already working before eve came along to help him (helpmate) and to keep him company. He was working but not toilsome work. Notice that he was to eat by the sweat of his brow AFTER when he LISTENED TO HIS WIFE, to do evil before the Lord. If you're going to compare everyman to Adam then, it is safor me to say that it is because of women that men have to do toilsome work. We like Adam didnt have to do it initially. Toilsome workhorse work is not a badge of honor it is PUNISHMENT for listening to a woman's evil idea. Thats why the woman wasnt meant to help him to do the toilsome work. Share the love AND punishment.

Who is a wife?

Go read proverbs 31
she is hard to find
she lives to please her husband
she works hard to keep her home
she entrepreneurial
she is agile and not lazy
she helps people
she fears the Lord
What an asset, what a wife. No shes not a workhorse, she is a wife.

All this talk of responaibility is overated. We men would move heaven and earth to make a woman like this the envy of other women.

We men dont need help all the time because we are strong and resourceful in our youth. When were old thats when this wife shows herself to be proverbs 31 material...but rome wasnt built in a day. Being like her takes years of practice. No man will cheat on this woman, ever.

Therefore, responsibility rests on the shoulders of the man and the woman helps him bear it. If as a business man, I leave the entire responsibilty of my business to my workhorse, would my business not fail quickly? If I leave it all to my wife, the entire responsibility to run the home wouldnt she get exhausted and my marriage head to the rocks?

Marriage is purposed to achieving goals, husband with support from his wife. Responsibility is for both, not one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
There is an adage in my place that says a woman's money is never complete until a man adds to it.
The bible also clearly states that a man who connot take care(provide for the family) is an infidel..any man doing this has already failed himself and God

Having said this,let me also stae dt there re instances wre d woman earns more,this does not in any way stop the man from providing for her,if he does this, he is cheating the woman, and guess wat!! Such men never get to d level of their wives .
Itis not wrong for a woman to assist in the home, it bcomes wrong wen d man abandons all d responsibility to her,, A man dt does such is a failure to himself,his family and to God..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Votukpa(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
Rhemmymatician:

If you prove to be a good girl, i'll try not to be that kind of husband to you

Well said bro.

A woman should prove herself before she should be considered for marriage.

They should ask themselves, "how can I make him happy, how can I bring value into his life?"

Alas, they ask this rather "what is he going to do for me?"

Let me be emphatic here: Men dont really need this type of woman. Life is usually simple when single, not need to make it worse marrying.

Men DO NOT marry if shes not adding to your life when you marry.

This is some red pill truth right here. Swallow it NOW.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Votukpa(m): 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Men these days are just useless. The situation OP described is taking place in almost every home today just that the wives are hiding it because they don't want to look pathetic. Listen closely to their convos with best friends and you'll hear them complaining bitterly about their husbands' irresponsibility......... Marriage has lost its value. Men don't want to do anything at all these days: housework they won't help with, children they will not take care of, cook they will not cook. Ok provide money which is the only thing they are generally expected to do and still they cannot do it, they will rather spend the money on women outside instead of their own kids. Very useless people.

Such men were forced into marriage.

Having said that, if you feel that way, dont marry. Remain single.

Marriage is not a holiday for u woman. It hard work and responaibility on ur part as well. If u want a holiday, go to the bahamas.
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by mekybabe1: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
It's like you have same character as the man being discussed...no wonder.
ferdimako:

which respect? you think u are respectful? u no be model for anybody.
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by mekybabe1: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
Story for the gods....
damola1:

Oh dear, I am not hear to fight with you, it's your wahala. I am only stating it the way I see it.

10 good years, and you think it's OK, to continue to be greedy?... You keep all your money, and make him wear out, he pushes for you to support at home, you came after him with the 'men do crap in your village story', you should have marry someone from your village then.

You are sowing a seed of distrust, and disconnect, which will eventually come back to hunt you. You've to LOVE. SUPPORT. LOVE and SUPPORT. If someone brings N10, you must endeavour to bring: N2-4. Thats how it's played, he shouldn't have to suffer for you or your kids a lone, he should live and enjoy is own life too. All this stress is telling on him, in ways you cannot imagine. Is it a crime for him to go on vacation and chill?..

People wonder why men die before women, it's because of years and years of been used and re used, and used, and re use. No love.

Anyway, wish you best of luck, just show love, thats all. I will smell a greedy woman 10 miles away, I have no time for greedy people. I will love you with all I am made of, and you will love me with all you're made of.

Nobody told me to buy a car, pay a driver, pay for a househelp, and even pay a salary to my babe when I needed to, and nobody told her to do the same back to me when she needed to, it's how the game is played. I will do it, over and over again!
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by fuzzywuzzy: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
strenghtofawoman:
Itis not wrong for a woman to assist in the home, it bcomes wrong wen d man abandons all d responsibility to her,, A man dt does such is a failure to himself,his family and to God..
Welcome to reality, majority of men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by mekybabe1: 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
It's like you have same character as the man being discussed...no wonder.
ferdimako:

which respect? you think u are respectful? u no be model for anybody.
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by precisionindepth: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
urchbarbie:
From which point so I can clarify
I think in every relationship, dere shd b sharing of responsibilities in which each party will contribute and help each other. marriage is not a slave relationship but a partnership but in d case where a man feels in his stupidity and foolishness DT cos he's wife earns money den he shd abandon his responsibilities is so out of it.

I know a cousin of mine who once said DT its better for dem not to v a father cos if dey Dont v , dey might get pple to help dem cos virtually everything at home is provided by their mother and d task became so overwhelming for d woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by onyichick(f): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
my colleague was jst narrating how her husband has left all the redponsibilities of the home for her.she has bin paying d house rent for the past four years.she buys food n all.he doesn't ever contribute and she doesn't knw wat he spends his money on.
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by gechyy2(f): 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hmmmmm interesting thread....
Women and money,we like money no be small...
But God supaceeds all..so proverbs 31 says it all..
Any woman who doesn't contribute substantially for her husband and children to call her blessed has failed...
Read prov 31 carefully women..unless ur not a christian then u can do otherwise..
Its joyful to have a responsible husband who wouldn't overburden d wife and also a responsible wife who wouldn't overburden her husband...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Chilug(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Daresh:

So if you had no means to provide for your family, and got a chance to wash plates in a restaurant so your family can eat. Will you do it? Or is it beneath you. While your family starves
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Chilug(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Daresh:

It won't get that bad. Gerrit?
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by GoodFaith: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
missjenna:
This is a very serious issue.
I experienced similar when I was growing up. My dad was a business man while my mum was a graduate without a job. My dad was very hardworking and he would always leave the house early in the morning and come back home at late evenings all in the bid to cater for his family

I noticed that as soon as my mum got a job, he kind of became lazy. He wasn't going to work early as before and he began taking unnecessary breaks from work.
This led to problems in both his business and marriage.

I just used this story to express my thoughts. Husbands, when they see that their wives have a source of income tend to feel that a burden has been lifted off their shoulders and they kind of relax, which isn't supposed to be so

Definitely the wife should take on some of the financial responsibilities, after all marriage is a kind partnership relationship. But this shouldn't mean that the husband should use this as an avenue to prey on the wife

In my own opinion, I think the financial responsibilities should be shared based on the income strength of both husband and wife.

Thanks
Smart lady
"Definitely the wife should take on some of the financial responsibilities, after all marriage is a kind partnership relationship. But this shouldn't mean that the husband should use this as an avenue to prey on the wife"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by GoodFaith: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
fuzzywuzzy:
Welcome to reality, majority of men these days are exactly like this; useless pieces of furniture. Infact furniture is more useful than them because furniture actually have purposes that they serve. You can sit on chairs and place decorations on tables so men are more useless than furniture. Thank God more and more women are starting to question the usefulness of marriage in their lives.
" useless pieces of furniture" -- I guess your brothers are man
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by GoodFaith: 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Votukpa:

I'll take u up from that garden of eden rhetoric.

You see, Adam was already working before eve came along to help him (helpmate) and to keep him company. He was working but not toilsome work. Notice that he was to eat by the sweat of his brow AFTER when he LISTENED TO HIS WIFE, to do evil before the Lord. If you're going to compare everyman to Adam then, it is safor me to say that it is because of women that men have to do toilsome work. We like Adam didnt have to do it initially. Toilsome workhorse work is not a badge of honor it is PUNISHMENT for listening to a woman's evil idea. Thats why the woman wasnt meant to help him to do the toilsome work. Share the love AND punishment.

Who is a wife?

Go read proverbs 31
she is hard to find
she lives to please her husband
she works hard to keep her home
she entrepreneurial
she is agile and not lazy
she helps people
she fears the Lord
What an asset, what a wife. No shes not a workhorse, she is a wife.

All this talk of responaibility is overated. We men would move heaven and earth to make a woman like this the envy of other women.

We men dont need help all the time because we are strong and resourceful in our youth. When were old thats when this wife shows herself to be proverbs 31 material...but rome wasnt built in a day. Being like her takes years of practice. No man will cheat on this woman, ever.

Therefore, responsibility rests on the shoulders of the man and the woman helps him bear it. If as a business man, I leave the entire responsibilty of my business to my workhorse, would my business not fail quickly? If I leave it all to my wife, the entire responsibility to run the home wouldnt she get exhausted and my marriage head to the rocks?

Marriage is purposed to achieving goals, husband with support from his wife. Responsibility is for both, not one.
Repeat
"Therefore, responsibility rests on the shoulders of the man and the woman helps him bear it. If as a business man, I leave the entire responsibilty of my business to my workhorse, would my business not fail quickly? If I leave it all to my wife, the entire responsibility to run the home wouldnt she get exhausted and my marriage head to the rocks?

Marriage is purposed to achieving goals, husband with support from his wife. Responsibility is for both, not one."
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by GoodFaith: 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
Blitz888:
A man 'Manning up' is about being alive to your responsibilities. Men who abdicate their responsibilities are not fit to be called men.
I was raised in a male dominated environment with brothers and uncles everywhere call it a Testosterone filled atmosphere and you won't be wrong. We were raised to take grt pleasure in catering to and securing our dependents wifey inclusive. How can I ever live with myself if I can't be the man in my house.. I blame it on their fathers who raise them to be this irresponsible. After all, if I don't take care of her who will? o ha ka'm na gbara mbo!
agreed with the above comment
If your wife have a good education and great job
You will kill yourself taking care of the family
What should your wife do with her salary?
Marriage is taking care of each other Husband and wife
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
GoodFaith:

BRO, blame me not... I was raised that way, to take pleasure in discharging my duties her money not withstanding.
I guess it's a tradition in my clime to always provide for our wives and family. That's why we refer to our wives as 'oriaku' and not 'okpaku'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
Blitz888:
BRO, blame me not... I was raised that way, to take pleasure in discharging my duties her money not withstanding.
I guess it's a tradition in my clime to always provide for our wives and family. That's why we refer to our wives as 'oriaku' and not 'okpaku'.
Bro, no be by mouth oooo, na ur type dey seize ATM card from madam cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 6:48am On Feb 25, 2015
donpeey22:
Bro, no be by mouth oooo, na ur type dey seize ATM card from madam cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol. If that na your modus operandi e no mean say others dey do like you na. You don't know me that's why I excuse your ignorance... But know this that it's not all men that go into a rship with their eyes on her bank account.. If a woman can give you kids, take care of them and the home, what else do you want from her?
We are obviously raising a generation of indolent and lazy men.
Guy, work hard and provide for their every need and madam will literally 'worship' you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 7:05am On Feb 25, 2015
GoodFaith:

why would I kill myself... Hard work kills no one. Dad and mum are both retired today and mum retired as a director in the civil service. Dad saw mum through the higher institution and raised 5 kids all graduates and the man didn't kill himself why would it be me.
I am not saying that mum didn't contribute, but that can only be after you have made the right investment in her... Bear it in mind that whatever a woman brings to the table is only an addition after you the man must have taken the lead. If you go into a rship with your eyes on her money,then you're completely finished.
The 'man' in every man dies the day you abdicate your God ordained duties to your wife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Blitz888(m): 7:13am On Feb 25, 2015
strenghtofawoman:
There is an adage in my place that says a woman's money is never complete until a man adds to it.
The bible also clearly states that a man who connot take care(provide for the family) is an infidel..any man doing this has already failed himself and God

Having said this,let me also stae dt there re instances wre d woman earns more,this does not in any way stop the man from providing for her,if he does this, he is cheating the woman, and guess wat!! Such men never get to d level of their wives .
any man who genuinely loves his wife will do anything to keep her happy and satisfied. Of what use is a man to a woman if you can't fulfill the reason for which God put you in her life. Give her emotional and financial security and every other thing will fall into place.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2015
Jackeeh:
You cousin is lucky. I watched my mum cry severally cos of the embarrassment she received from my dad. I watched how my dad would cross certain things off the market list to reduce the little amount needed for feeding. It got so bad that I'd go to my dad's superstore to steal cash just so my mum could have some money in her purse( that I'm not proud of). She was just a secondary school teacher then. My dad has never bought anything for my mum. She worked hard, got promoted , became an academic supervisor etc. Fast forward to 2014: she retired n received her gratuity. Meanwhile dad who was a rich banker then, lost his job n was duped in a business deal he ventured into. Now mum is the one in charge. No more tears. She now runs the show. The jeep she bought, dad drives it. Everywhere they go, mum tells whoever cares tho listen that dad bought the car n not her. She has begun her building project n will soon become a landlady. She doesn't hesitate to give whenever dad needs cash. She has forgotten how it was. She has forgotten how this same man who is greatly benefitting from her now, used to abuse her n call her lazy n a liability. Lol. Now who's the liability? She doesn't hide her money from her "beloved'' husband. I get mad at times n wished she would retaliate. But my mum would have none of that. She now has more thasn enough wrappers n jewellries. No more tears. Hmmmmmmmmm I believe that's how marriage should be. So pls advise your cousin to do what she can. She's even blessed with money n can comfortably provide for herself n kids. If need be,let her do same for her husband. Things will change for the best someday. And of course, now that mum has some money, dad is not even contributing a dime anymore. Lol. Mum still believes he will change some day. But as we wait for that day to come, mum is smoothly running the home n everyone is happy.

Aww God will continue to bless and keep your mum for the family. Mothers are just too great.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Fellonigerians: 9:47am On Feb 25, 2015
What a man can do, a woman can also do...

Nothing wrong with the wife paying the bills...
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by pickabeau1: 10:07am On Feb 25, 2015
Blitz888:

What is okpaku
Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by urchbarbie(f): 10:17am On Feb 25, 2015
yh dear! there shld be a sharing of responsibilites, but a man shldnt be lax in d fact dat his wife pays d bills too. he shld av d mindset dat its his duty, if d woman involves herself, it shldnt be seen as her duty. men wld say its her duty to cook, clean,wash, do any domestic chores in d home. yh some men help out with dese chores, dats d same way a woman shld help out.
precisionindepth:
I think in every relationship, dere shd b sharing of responsibilities in which each party will contribute and help each other. marriage is not a slave relationship but a partnership but in d case where a man feels in his stupidity and foolishness DT cos he's wife earns money den he shd abandon his responsibilities is so out of it.

I know a cousin of mine who once said DT its better for dem not to v a father cos if dey Dont v , dey might get pple to help dem cos virtually everything at home is provided by their mother and d task became so overwhelming for d woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money by Daresh(f): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2015
Chilug:

It won't get that bad. Gerrit?

Then you don't know what life is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? / What I Witnessed Last Night! / Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.