Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. (1000 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / At 27 He Has Slept With 46 Girls, Now He Wants To Marry. / My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by crystalflies: 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
I've known him around my hood for 6yrs now, he's been trying to get 2 me since the 1st day he set eyes on me,but i always ignored him, a year ago anytime he sees me he would be shouting Hey!!! With a command tone asking me 2 give him 1min., i ignored him few times, but 1day i just decided to listen to him, and also tell him to stop calling me "Hey" cuz it was annoying, so i told him my name, and i asked what he wanted, he said he liked me & he wants 2 make me his wife, it took time before i released my fone number 2 him, cuz i think he's proud, he took time 2 understand d kind of person i was before he was able to get me to reason with him, Now i know he's a good person and he only wants a "good thing" and not a "bad thing" from me. He came 2 my house once..... He attends MFM church and he says i will have to change for him , he said i should think about how i am going 2 stop wearing trousses,wearing hair ext., makeup,earrings etc. That's if i want 2 be his wife, "i frowned with my eyes" lol... cuz am not good @ respondin quickly but i told him it aint possible,... But he said i should go and pray and think about it., the next time we discussed i told him i cant change anything, cuz i sat down 1day and imagined giving out all my troussers jewelries and makeup away, and i realized i cant do it. So i 4got about him, after a wee... while he came again still asking me 2 change, and i still told him i cannot, and that i dont want 2 talk about this again...,the third time he came again i had to tell him bluntly " if u cant accept me the way i am then leave me alone" if i have to sacrifice my style for him what will he sacrifice for me in return. Relationship experts always say you shouldnt try to change someone, So now he called yesterday telling me to 4get d issue dat his friend from lagos wants 2 talk 2 me, dat his friend adviced him., i was not in town so i couldnt go, but promised 2 see them coming weekend, Now my fear is dat his friend might want 2 talk me into changing my mind, which may get me upset. I dont like it wen people try 2 change me. U know guys can be trickish*, I need ur advice AM I RIGHT OR AM WRONG IN MY ACTIONS AND REACTIONS??
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
Op, I read your post and I have a lot to say

Firstly,I don't like religious fanatics. They believe that their belief is superior to that of others and everyone should follow their beliefs and behave the same way they behave

Op I believe this guy is one of them religious fanatics. No offense.
I won't dabble into religious ordinances as pertaining dressing because If I do, that means I would be writing a whole epistle.

But I have to say this, nobody has the right to force you into his belief. He hasn't even married you and his is already expressing his authority in such a manner.
I don't think wearing make-up and trousers has anything to do with your level of spirituality.

Now op, I have a question for you. Do you love this guy. Because if you don't then I don't see why you should continue with the relationship. There are other men out there that would respect you for who you are

As for me, I don't like this kind of guy. Please I am just speaking for myself. These kind of men are too domineering. They feel like they own you and you should submit fully to their laws.

Op, don't change who you are because of a man. That's all I have to say

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by vizkiz: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
missjenna:

so this is how you kept stealling spaces?
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by IAmBhijay(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Agybabe(f): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
You are not wrong. If you don’t like the way I am in the first place, why come around me?

I can change some things or perhaps reduce it to an extent if I can. You can't just come in from nowhere and change some basics about my life.

Go and marry a girl from your church who could do that whole-heartedly for you.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
crystalflies:
I've known him around my hood for 6yrs now, he's been trying to get 2 me since the 1st day he set eyes on me,but i always ignored him, a year ago anytime he sees me he would be shouting Hey!!! With a command tone asking me 2 give him 1min., i ignored him few times, but 1day i just decided to listen to him, and also tell him to stop calling me "Hey" cuz it was annoying, so i told him my name, and i asked what he wanted, he said he liked me & he wants 2 make me his wife, it took time before i released my fone number 2 him, cuz i think he's proud, he took time 2 understand d kind of person i was before he was able to get me to reason with him, Now i know he's a good person and he only wants a "good thing" and not a "bad thing" from me. He came 2 my house once..... He attends MFM church and he says i will have to change for him , he said i should think about how i am going 2 stop wearing trousses,wearing hair ext., makeup,earrings etc. That's if i want 2 be his wife, "i frowned with my eyes" lol... cuz am not good @ respondin quickly but i told him it aint possible,... But he said i should go and pray and think about it., the next time we discussed i told him i cant change anything, cuz i sat down 1day and imagined giving out all my troussers jewelries and makeup away, and i realized i cant do it. So i 4got about him, after a wee... while he came again still asking me 2 change, and i still told him i cannot, and that i dont want 2 talk about this again...,the third time he came again i had to tell him bluntly " if u cant accept me the way i am then leave me alone" if i have to sacrifice my style for him what will he sacrifice for me in return. Relationship experts always say you shouldnt try to change someone, So now he called yesterday telling me to 4get d issue dat his friend from lagos wants 2 talk 2 me, dat his friend adviced him., i was not in town so i couldnt go, but promised 2 see them coming weekend, Now my fear is dat his friend might want 2 talk me into changing my mind, which may get me upset. I dont like it wen people try 2 change me. U know guys can be trickish*, I need ur advice AM I RIGHT OR AM WRONG IN MY ACTIONS AND REACTIONS??

I will tell you right now you are completely incapable of
making these changes to please him or to save your
relationship. I don't care how much you love him, it will
not happen. However, if you want to do it for your own
reasons, then there's nothing you can't achieve.
So decide if you want to go through the process of
making these changes, and this decision should be
irrelevant to whether you're going to stay with this guy
or not.
If you decide you don't want to make these changes,
then you should tell your boyfriend so and that you need
to break up. Find someone for whom these issues aren't
as important.
If you decide you do want to make these changes, then
you should write out the reasons why you want to, and
then work out a plan how you're going to go about
altering your habits. You should let your boyfriend know
that you want to work on these, and that you want to
work on them for your own sake, not his, and that you'd
appreciate his support, and then tell him about what
you are going to do and how he can help you.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by bamog(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
undecided aw diz post go take reduce garri price 4 market nah!! Anyway 1st to comment!! Any oda c0mment iz a counterfeit!!!
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by whizbee(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Working on my rap album
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by StPete: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
And what do you mean by 'guys can be trickish (tricky)'?

Sometimes I wish I can just e-slap somebody

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hmm lipsrsealed what kinda guy is that? You shouldn't be someone who won't accept you the way you are, it's not like he even gave you a reason to stop wearing makeup and jewelries, pffft

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by sankky: 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
follow your heart !

Abians have started rejecting the attempts to bribe them with morsels of food and little cash by visionless and planless Guber candidates of the APGA and PDP parties. They are demanding for each candidate to lay down his plans for Abia because Abians are not beggers.
The shocker has just begun.

Labor party all the way.
visit www.emekaotimbagov.com to see the Abia state of your dreams

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Beamborla(f): 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Did he not see you with the trousers and make up before running after you?
if you want to make this kind of changes, it has to be for yourself and out of your own conviction; not to please someone.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by angelsing(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nneka123:
Hmm lipsrsealed what kinda guy is that? You shouldn't be someone who won't accept you the way you are, it's not like he even gave you a reason to stop wearing makeup and jewelries, pffft
I hardly look at ladies Dp on nairaland but I remember someone mentioning about liking Nneka123 so I decided to check...You are fineeeeeee...*runs out of thread*
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by crystalflies: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks
missjenna:
Op, I read your post and I have a lot to say

Firstly,I don't like religious fanatics. They believe that their belief is superior to that of others and everyone should follow their beliefs and behave the same way they behave

Op I believe this guy is one of them religious fanatics. No offense.
I won't dabble into religious ordinances as pertaining dressing because If I do, that means I would be writing a whole epistle.

But I have to say this, nobody has the right to force you into his belief. He hasn't even married you and his is already expressing his authority in such a manner.
I don't think wearing make-up and trousers has anything to do with your level of spirituality.

Now op, I have a question for you. Do you love this guy. Because if you don't then I don't see why you should continue with the relationship. Their are other men out there that would respect you for who you are

As for me, I don't like this kind of guy. Please I am just speaking for myself. These kind of men are too domineering. They feel like they own you and you should submit fully to their laws.

Op, don't change who you are because of a man. That's all I have to say
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
angelsing:
I hardly look at ladies Dp on nairaland but I remember someone mentioning about liking Nneka123 so I decided to check...You are fineeeeeee...*runs out of thread*
hehe thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by crystalflies: 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nice... Thks
Beamborla:
Did he not see you with the trousers and make up before running after you?
if you want to make this kind of changes, it has to be for yourself and out of your own conviction; not to please someone.
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by crystalflies: 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
U no well....,
StPete:
And what do you mean by 'guys can be trickish (tricky)'?

Sometimes I wish I can just e-slap somebody
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by crystalflies: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Whatever
whizbee:
Working on my rap album
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
This is your call not his. Be sure of the compromises you can make here and there to adapt yourself to him maybe the trousers can go but other stuffs can stay? You know stuffs along these lines. I hope he is worth the overhaul he requires from you this is not a 1 week trip but a lifetime walk so be sure he is worth it before you say yes.
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Mhizizzy(f): 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dnt compromise dear...he saw u wiv d trousers b4 he asked u out o...
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by angelsing(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nneka123:
hehe thanks
you are welcome!...Can't imagine all the attention u must get for looking like that..
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by Ryabcool(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lol! I already foresee an unhappy marriage in the making if you go ahead and accept his proposal. What then is the point if a person doesn't love you for who you are but what he/she wants you to be?

You will eventually get tired and frustrated of the marriage. Move on with your life. So far you have good virtues, you would surely attract more serious men in your life.

Rush in, rush out.

My few words.
Re: Pls I Need Advice/he Wants Me To Change Everything About Myself. by suyamasta(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
@crystalflies seriously i dont think its cool for him to want to change u like u are terrible or something in that range!
my advice be say make u free am! love no be by force!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lies Women Tell / His Ex Cursed Him(pleased Enter And Advice) / 6 Easy Ways To Attract Your Own Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.