Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 (20046 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / 2015 Pre-collaboration (yearly Writers Collaboration Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
I can see that protocols are not duly observed.

Just watching, maybe you guys forgot it's a qualification collaboration.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dyoungstar:
I can see that protocols are not duly observed.

Just watching, maybe you guys forgot it's a qualification collaboration.
Now there is a problem of who is to write next. Its my date but the last writer two days ago was Nelly instead of Abosi. So who's up next? Me or Abosi31??
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
Copyright 2015. Kennikazi. 07032342543. www.kenewriter.com

CHAPTER 14: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
MARCH 27, 2015
0413Hrs GMT
TIME TO ELECTION: 1900Hrs

The building was one of those abandoned government projects, mighty and yet incomplete. It was a common ground for thugs and hoodlums; and Detective James was on the third floor bleeding to oblivion. It has been two days and Scorpion was still unable to diffuse the information about the third code from James.
“Do you want to die Detective?! Tell me about the goddamn codes!” Scorpion howled
“I’m already dead, so I’d rather prefer to go keep mute” James replied with a confident smirk on his face. James being the ideal Nigerian detective he was had conducted interrogations more pugnacious than Scorpion’s, and so was nowhere ready to spilling his guts. Daniel Akintola was himself in a state of antsy, he paced around the floor like a cockroach caught by the rays of a torch light.
“Kill him.” Daniel Akintola said in a quite insouciant manner
“Sir?” Scorpion asked, unsure of what he’s ears heard
“Blow the bastard’s brain off!”
“And go find that niece of his. Make sure she is dead before the sun comes up”
With that said, Detective James’ head was immediately dissected with a pump and his grey matter spilled to the floor. Even in his demise, his face still maintained a mocking smirk which irrepressibly agitated Daniel.
“Son of a LovePeddler” Daniel cursed under his breath
Daniel was so close to this unfathomable power the Red Paper wielded and still was so far away. The nation’s elections were less than 24hours away and the pressure to completely grasp the power of the Red Paper was enormous. He had no time to sit around having discussions with incumbent detectives. He had a higher calling, his higher calling.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
0413Hrs GMT
TIME TO ELECTION: 1900Hrs
Irele and Tina were in the hospital where they placed Samson and Tessy under Intensive care. Even at 5.15am, the hall of this particular hospital was still rowdy with patients, doctors and family members all tensed up and exhausted. The pungent smell of the disinfectant irritated Tina’s stomach, so she went outside to take some fresh air. Outside the hospital was cold lonely and quiet; it gave Tina a clear-minded feeling. The previous week was filled with events that will forever remain vivid in her memory.
An ambulance pulled up on the drive way of the hospital and she watched as the paramedics rushed to bring down the patient from the vehicle. It was a pregnant woman who was screaming at the top of her voice as the agony of child bearing came upon her. As the woman was wheeled into the hospital, she couldn’t help but think about the child that was going to be born into this cruel world. His sufferings starts immediately he leaves his mother’s womb, his fate in this world unknown and uncertain. He will be born into a world where all that matters is your status. Her thoughts strayed to the noise of vehicles coming from the highway. The hustling of the day has begun as different people tried to beat the traffic jam so as to get to their place of work.
“Tina! Tina!!”
She was jolted out of her thoughts as she heard Irele frantic shouts. She half ran inside the doors of the hospital and saw Irele sitting on the ground and sobbing uncontrollably.
“Irele, what happened?” She asked as she shook her. Irele ignored her as she continued with her sobbing
“Irele answer me now” She repeated, this time shaking her violently. She became aware of the doctor looming above them. She stood to meet him
“Doctor what happened?” She asked him, a question she had already guessed the answer to.
“I am sorry but we lost them. We tried all we could, but they had lost a lot of blood before...”
She couldn’t hear what else the doctor said. She fell on her knees as she held Irele in her hands. Samson and Tessy were dead. Gone.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
0737Hrs GMT
TIME TO ELECTION: 1600Hrs
It was 8.37am by Daniel’s watch and Scorpion hadn’t reported back to him. Scorpion’s incessant incompetence had begun to go under his skin. Daniel was back at his study were his IT team were still working on the third code; the blood from their team chief had darkened and stained his immaculate white rug and his body as white as the rug. Nobody dared looked that direction or feigned fatigue for fear of getting shot in the head. Chima the second in command –and the new team chief, was sweating so profusely his starched sky blue shirt got soaked; he knew he was the next victim if they didn’t deliver any result fast enough.
Daniel reached to his phone –an iPhone 6+, and unlocked in the bid to call Scorpion but to no avail, his battery was dead. It was like Nature was against him, the gods were against him.
THE SUN NEWSPAPER HEADLINE:
The Secrets Behind a Cabal Called “The Common Men”: Their Members and Mission
By John Alfred
Dated: 27th March, 2015
It is no secret that this very Nation has suffered from Corruption at the highest arms of government. Money laundering, mistrials, fake contract awards, rigged elections are everyday news in the media; people talk all day about how corrupt the Nation is and on how a change is required, but no one has a solution to this menace. I have painstakingly made a series of journalistic investigations to find out the root of problems in our government, and one particular Cabal, high up in the government ladder keeps reoccurring in my records. They are called “The Common Men”…
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
0951Hrs GMT
TIME TO ELECTION: 1400Hrs
Irele’s whole world was down side up, she cursed herself for being so naïve, so inconsiderate, she caused the death of Samson and Tessy. If only she just stayed put in Imo and mourned her mother, all her friends wouldn’t have died in just less than a day. She did this while packing her bag to go to meet Peter, maybe she could save her Uncle, maybe she could spill everything that had been happening and involve the government. She had gone too far and lost too my friends to back out now.
“It will all end today. I promise you Daniel Olamide Akintola.” she soliloquized
Tina was busy attending to her baby, the babysitter reported that Salami –the baby’s name, couldn’t sleep and cried throughout the night. She –Tina, was fed up and didn’t want to be part of this goose chase anymore; she had a family to take care of and didn’t want to make her baby an orphan at such young age. She want still immersed in her state of melancholy when Irele moved near her.
“Tina, I’m leaving for Port Harcourt. I want to meet James’ colleague and tell him everything” Irele said, jolting Tina from her thoughts.
“You mean you want to add another name to Daniel’s death list?” Tina retorted
Irele didn’t reply, she knew she’d pushed Tina far enough. Tina had every right to be angry with her. Irele smiled, waved a goodbye to Tina’s baby and left the house. Just as she crossed the street and waved down a taxi, the earth vibrated violently, pushing Irele to the ground. A house had just been blown to dust. Tina’s house. Irele couldn’t believe her eyes, a house she just stepped out from had been reduced to a limestone pulp.
“Irele has been taken care of. The hideout was bombed. No one survived.” Scorpion sent the text to Daniel Akintola.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
1047Hrs GMT
TIME TO ELECTION: 1200Hrs
Chima had reported that they had made progress in cracking the third code, He further reported that they were some kind of Nuclear warhead launch codes and that his team was still working on it to discover the location and Key combination to the Nuclear warhead. This pacified Daniel a little, at last, things were going according to plan. He had successfully eliminated all threats and was now making progress with the Red Paper. Then the impossible happened, at noon, in broad daylight, darkness befell upon his house. And there, right there, Adekunle Giwa and the 19 burned men were with him in his study...
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
END OF CHAPTHER 14.
#MyFingersHurt sad
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dude!!!!! You just dey kill everybody sha. God is watching you o!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
kennikazi:
END OF CHAPTHER 14.
#MyFingersHurt sad
lwkmd! buhahahahririhaha! y wnt ya fingers hurt wen u jxt hell bent on killin evry1. u tu wicked
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 12:21am On Mar 28, 2015
[size=15pt]This is the season 1 of this series, seat and watch how things unfold.
[/size]

[b]
The following is the list of some of the writers who shall be participating in the Nairaland Writers Pre-collaboration:

Chapter One:
LarrySun - Monday 23 February, 2015

Chapter Two:
Ruffhandu - Wednesday 25 February, 2015.

Chapter Three:
Fatalveli - Friday 27 February, 2015

Chapter Four:
TiffanyJ - Sunday 1 March, 2015.

Chapter Five:
ThroneKid - Tuesday 3 March, 2015.

Chapter Six:
Stuff46 - Thursday 5 March, 2015.

Chapter Seven:
Vonn - Saturday 7 March, 2015.

Chapter Eight:
Simonhabby - Monday 9 March, 2015.

[size=25pt]Chapter Nine:
Kinwayne - Wednesday 11 March, 2015.

Is nowhere to be found, therefore the next writer takes over today. [/size]

Chapter Ten:
PureIvory - Friday 13 March, 2013.

Chapter Eleven:
DUOz - Sunday 15 March, 2015.

[size=25pt]Chapter Twelve:
Tattesco - Tuesday 17 March, 2015.

Nowhere to be found.

Next writer takes over.[/size]

Chapter Thirteen:
Oruchechuks - Thursday 19 March, 2015.

Chapter Fourteen:
Nimen - Saturday 21 March, 2015.

----------------------------------------------------
[size=20pt]Kinwayne - to post his chapter after Nimen. It continues as chapter 12 since two chapters are skipped already.

You are borrowed this slot to post, make it a continuation of the preceding poster.[/size]

Chapter Fifteen:
Queenelly - Monday 23 March, 2015.

Chapter Sixteen: SHIFTED FORWARD.

Abosi31 - Wednesday 25 March, 2015.

Chapter Sixteen:
Kenikazi - Friday 27 March, 2015.

Chapter Seventeen:
Theorbiters - Sunday 29 March, 2015.

Chapter Eighteen:
FigoMathew - Tuesday 31 March, 2015.

Chapter Nineteen:
*Adefaye Samuel - Thursday 2 April, 2015.

BROUGHT FORWARD.
Chapter Twenty: Shifted forwards
Abosi31 - Saturday 4 April, 2015.

If you have requested to be a part of this collaboration and your name isn't featured above, kindly contact either of the two e-mail addresses below so that the list can be modified.

1. Larrysun4real@yahoo.com

2. midyoungstar@gmail.com

Or send a Whatsapp message to

+2347066611666

Thank you, God bless you.
[/b]

[size=15pt]
Note: every participant should endeavour to check the timetable always and post their updates at due time to avoid conflict, Thanks.
[/size]
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2015
Kenikazi. Thumps up! But, sorry to ask, are you a murderer? Lolzzz nice work abeg
No mind my question
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Secrets, Scandals and Lies.
(THE REUNION).
SUBMITTED BY: Theorbiters
TIME: 10:00HRS TO ELECTIONS

Irele sat on the floor.
Rather astounded at what had just happened, she thought her brain had deluded her into believing what she saw; soon, she was faced with reality.

Cars came to a screeching halt as people scampered for safety. Lifeless bodies littered the whole vicinity as shouts of confusion stacked to the heavens.
Irele pinched her arm just to sure she was still in the realm of mortal men rather than taking a vacation in one of her nightmares.
It was real.

Soon the street became deserted as silence encroached for a thousand miles.

With her face smeared with dusts and ashes, she got on her feet.
She felt a sharp pain in her thigh. She checked it and was relieved to realise it was just a little bruise. She was thankful for that.

As she walked across the street, the smell of sulphur and burnt rubbers pummelled against her throbbing nose. Bodies, half burnt, lined across the street and Irele noticed a 5year old boy head had been split opened.
Her heart ached.

She gazed at the pile of rubble, the building that has once sheltered her co worker, Tina, and her baby, as tears betrayed her emotions.

She cursed herself for getting her involved in this mad chase. Everyone that she had come across had ended up taking a walk into eternity and she wondered if this fight was worth their blood.
She let out a cry as her voice reverberated through the empty skies.

She was tired and was ready to give up when her eyes shot wide open.
She had to fight on.

Quickly, she brought out her phone and dialled a famous number.

"Hey Mike, long time. I need your help. I will explain later." The call ended.

She dialled the next number.

After the second ring, there was a connection, "Hello Peter, I know you are scared, but I want you to do a last job for me." The call ended.

She dialled another number, "Mr. Malcom, are the two sets of new codes still intact?
"Okay, we would proceed as planned." She ended the call.

Irele hot-wired an abandoned car. It came alive and she zoomed off.

"No, no, no! This can't be happening now." Daniel screamed as he saw Adekunle Giwa and his band of dead-burnt soldiers.
"Not now. I am almost at the end. Just give me a little more time." Daniel pleaded.

Giwa cast a stern look at Daniel. He was visibly angry at him and his horrendous gaze were capable of claiming any mortal man's sanity. The truth was that, they had already claimed Daniel's sanity.

Every since Daniel had been entrusted with the responsibilities of starting a new group, he had soon forgotten what man he was before. Power intoxicate, they say, but for his case, power drove him mad.
Not once or twice had he been seen talking to the unseen spirits, and times without number, he had been brought bound to the psyche ward. No one knew what demons he harboured, only him knew and they had chosen the wrong time to appear.

Daniel had never been afraid of anything but he feared this unseen spirits.
There was a time when he had failed in his first attempt to get the documents, they appeared at midnight and set his sleeping wife ablaze.
Daniel was arrested for first degree murder but when the autopsy report came out, it was discovered that she had began burning from within. There was no way to pin it on Daniel, so he was discharged.

Now they are here again.

"Mr Daniel", Giwa called, "Mr Daniel.
"You have failed and time is running out."

"Just wait and see", Daniel pleaded, "I have cracked the codes. I know what I must do now. I promise not to fail."

"You have the last chance", Giwa said, "You had better not fail, if not you would join your wife...."

In a twinkle, the darkness had been lifted and the naked sun illuminated the room as if nothing had happened.

Everyone in the room was amused at Daniel's behaviour. They hadn't seen what he had seen and Daniel knew that.

He looked around the study and saw confusion etched on their faces, with a look of disgust, Daniel picked his gun from his desk and fired at the nearest programmer beside him.
Fear descended as the atmosphere became tensed.
"Yes, what are you all looking at", he barked at them as they all scurried around like frightened rats to their holes.

Just then, Scorpion came in with an unconscious lady as Daniel walked out of the study.

Chima, who was now the new leader of the tech group ran behind Daniel, "Sir, Sir."

"Yes", Daniel turned around, "any update?"

"Sir, we have a problem."

"And what is it?"

"The codes", Chima's voice croaked with fear, "Someone had tampered with them. We can't activate the Lunch Sequence."

The news infuriated Daniel to his bone marrow. He brought out his gun but Scorpion was quick to catch his arm,
"Sir, I think you should calm down. If you keep killing everyone, I doubt there would be anyone left for you to kill. I will make sure they figure it out."

Daniel heaved. The tension was getting to him.

Chima was already on the floor. He had decided to die even before he was shot. He opened his eyes when he realised he was still breathing.
Mr. Daniel made for the door.

"Scorpion", Daniel called as he turned around.

"Yes boss?"

"Make sure everything is in order. I am going to see the president."

John Alfred sat on his desk with his laptop in front of him.
The story he broke earlier had been making waves, both locally and international, yet he wasn't satisfied. There has to be more than all these, he thought.

His friend, Ahmad, hadn't given him so much information and he wondered what was so powerful to have made him disappear into the thin air.
There have to be something else involved. This had to be more than just a corrupt cabal or a tussle of power, he thought.

Alfred ransacked his pounding brain for anything. He was just about to give up when his brain lit up with an answer.

Leverage.

There has got to be a leverage somewhere with which had allowed this cabal to thrive and if he could get this leverage, he could take down Daniel and finish what his friend had started.

He shot up from his seat and walked to his boss office.

"Excuse me sir", Alfred called.

"Yes Alfred, how can I help?"

Sir, I would need to go to Abuja."

What for?"

"To see the president."
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
Irele got to her apartment and saw how much damaged had been done since she left. Everything was chaotic. Well she wasn't spending the night here, she had other things to do.
First she needed a bath and then some clean clothes.
Funny how fear could make people do things they haven't done, for in less than fifteen minutes, she was done brushing her hair.
Just then, she heard a sound in the living room.

She grabbed a stick by the wall as she tip toed to attack whoever it was.

She swung the stick as she got a view of the intruder but he was fast enough to duck.

"Jesus Christ, Irele, what is wrong with you?"

It was Mike. Her first boyfriend.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, Mike, I thought it was someone else", irele threw her stick as she apologised.

"Where you expecting someone else?"

"Not really. Just that I have been under so much stress lately."

"And I am here to give you a massage session?" Mike frowned his face, "besides, what the hell happened to your house? This place is a living hell. Are you sure you are okay?"

Irele rested with her back against the wall as tears began to flow.
Mike stopped talking as he saw her cry, so he embraced her.
Irele thought he would smile horrible, but somehow, he managed to just smell nice. Irele needed this hug so she melted in his embrace.

After a while, Mike looked at her, "Alright princess, what is happening and why are you wanted person? I saw the new last week."

Irele told him everything that happened, from the young man that dropped the document into her car till that very moment.

After listening quietly, Mike nodded his head.
"So, what do you want me to do?"

"I'm going to see the president and you are coming with me."

TIME: 08:00HRS TO ELECTION

Throngs of cars formed an orderly straight line out the presidential villa's gate. Security operatives where busy clearly guests names off the list; people came from all over the parts of the country.

The incumbent president had organised a cocktail party prior to the elections the following day, it could mean he was either giving a farewell party or celebrating another victory that hung in the horizon.

There were lots of dignitaries present as Irele, dressed in a red strapless dinner gown, observed. She sat in her car with Mike, ex boyfriend, dressed in a sweet tux, as she prayed for Peter to succeed.

She had called Peter earlier to help her gain access. By hacking into the guest's list and enlisting her name among the invitee.

She drove her car to the gate as it got to her turn. She felt nervous.
The security man looked up her name among the list and hesitated. He cast a glance at her as he reached for his comm.
He took a few steps backwards as he spooke inaudible into the comm. Irele thought something was amiss. She must have been nabbed.

After a moment, the operative came back and smiled, "Miss Irele Donald, sorry for the delay, have a wonderful evening. Enjoy the party".

"Thank you", her voice was shaken with fear., "Have a good evening too." She drove through the gate.

After a few minutes, Mr. Daniel Akintola drove through the gate.

In less than a minute also, John Alfred drove through the gate.

INSIDE THE BUILDING.

The lights were mild as the cold air from the air conditioner littered the whole room.
The music was soft as the voices of pleasantries being exchanged filled the atmosphere. People shook hands while some laughed at some dry jokes. Some danced while some pretended to talk about the forthcoming election.

Mike had been staring at Irele the whole time. She looked ravishing stunning in her red strapless dinner gown as she stood with a glass or Apple Martini. He had missed her.

He walked up behind her back and placed his hands on her waist line. It felt so good.

She turned around with a smile as she stared into his eyes. She knew she loved him but she had run away after the last time they kissed. It was a disaster. Mouth odour.

Mike took her glass from her and placed it on the nearest tray as he stretched out his hands for a dance, "May I have this dance?" Mike said as he took a mini bow.

Irele giggled like a high school teenager, who says a little fun would hurt. She waltzed into his open arms as they moved to the music.

They haven't danced for close to a minute when Irele saw who she was looking for. She broke from his embrace as she walked over to the bar. Mike followed behind, feeling sorry for himself.

"Good evening, Mr. President." Irele greeted with a smile.

President Nathan turned around with a smile but it quickly dissipated as he froze on the spot. It was like he was seeing a ghost. His eyes shot wide opened as his mouth was left agap.
Irele was surprised at his reaction.

"Mr. President, it's an honour to be here." She continued.

President. Nathan just stood there like a tree. Mike looked at Irele with a mark of confusion. What was going, he seemed to ask with his eyes.

"Mr. President, I think there is something we need to tell you about", Irele continued, "it's a matter of life and death."

That seemed to jog back his memory, "Erm, let's go to my study."

From a distance, Mr. Daniel smiled as he watched was happening. This was going to be an interesting night afterall.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
INSIDE THE STUDY.

President Nathan walked into his study with Irele and Mike following closely.
The room was spacious enough to organise a mini golf session.
Books were arranged on the shelves as the brown polished table stood in the centre.

Irele was stunned at what she saw neither could Mike conceal his surprise. The room reeked of power and affluence. Indeed, all these politicians were something else.

Irele eyes went to the big desk that occupied the centre of the room and she staggered at what she saw.
Why would the president have a photograph of her, she thought. Or perhaps the news that she was a wanted person had gotten to him. No wonder he was shocked to have seen her in the villa.

Nathan, sat behind the desk and placed his hand on his head. He felt something was totally wrong.

"You shouldn't be here, Irele", Nathan said after the long silence, "you should have come here."

"Sir, how did you know my name", Irele asked rather puzzled.

"It doesn't matter. You just shouldn't have gotten involved in all these mess."

Irele cast a glance at Mike with confusion on both faces. How did he know why we are here, she seemed to ask with her eyes. Mike was equally without an answer.

"Sir", Irele began as she focused on the president, "I will assume you know why we are here. So I will just skip to the part where I would say, can you please arrest Mr. Daniel."

"I can't."

"Why?" Irele retorted.

Just then, the door flung open as Daniel walked in with three other black men, dressed in black tux.
Nathan shot to his feet as Irele and Mike stepped backwards.

"Oh, forgive me", Daniel smiled, "I hope I am not interrupting anything here."

"Barrister Daniel", Nathan called from behind irele, "why are you here?"

"Oh, nothing much. I just need something from you and Irele and I would be on my way."

Irele was furious at the way he smiled, "You son of the devil, you killed my friends and that innocent woman and her poor new kid. You will rot in hell."

"Lady please", Daniel held his hand up, "I never wanted to do those things I did. You forced me."

"Oh really", Irele asked, "And you reduced a whole building to the ground with innocent lives lost?"

"Well, they are just casualties of war." Daniel said with a grin. "I am just here to collect something that belongs to me and I would be on my way."

"So you would kill us like you killed my friends?"

"Come on lady, I'm not that evil. I promise not to kill anyone if everyone complies."

"Liar", Irele snarled at him, "You will never get what you want."

Daniel smiled, "Oh I will. You think you know what The Common Men is all about? Sorry lady, you don't.
"It is bigger than anybody, even the president or even this nation. It has the backing of the international community. So if you think you can stand in my way, you might just end up like your dead uncle."

Nathan stepped forward and stood between Daniel and Irele, "What do you want?"

Daniel smiled for a while then almost immediately, he frowned, "Just to clear we are all on the same page, I need to give you a message."
He turned to one of the men that had accompanied him and nodded.
One of the men brought out his gun, a silencer, and fired a shot at Mike head.

Irele screamed as Nathan could just watch. Irele ran to Mike's lifeless body as blood oozed from his head.
Why do everyone arund her have to die? Mike was barely a day old in her life recently and she hadd succeeded in aiding his demise.
"But you promised not to kill anyone?"

"Well, that would be after I have gotten what I wanted. This was just a message to tell you I am not bluffing."

"What the hell do you want?" Nathan asked with fury.

"I need your fingerprint, Mr. President and I need those lunch codes from you Irele, to activate the Lunch Protocol Sequence for the nuclear missiles."

Irele stood to her feet as shock was etched all over her face. Nathan stood transfixed to the ground like he hsd just heard a bad new.

"Sir", Irele faced Nathan, "Sir, you can't give him what he's asking for, no matter the cost."

Nathan still stood rooted to that spot.

"Sir you just can't do it", Irele pleaded, "Sir, lives are at stakes here. Millions sir. You just can't do it."

Nathan looked at her with a pitiable expression, "I'm sorry, I have to."

Irele jaw dropped as the words ceased from her mouth. She just couldn't believe what she heard.

Just then, the door opened. Everyone turned around. Alfred poked his head to take a peek but before he would realise any further, one of the men gave him a blow to the face. Alfred dropped to the floor unconsciously.

When he was safely secured in the room, Daniel turned to Nathan and Irele. "So where were we?"

"Sir, you can't give this madman what he wants", Irele pleaded, "many people would die."

Daniel had gotten enough this conversation, "Irele?"

She turned to him.

"Do want to know a secret?"

She kept quiet.

"When your mom was alive, did she ever talk about your father?" Daniel asked.

"My father died before I was born." Irele replied as she barred her teeth.

"Actually", Daniel grinned, "Your father is alive."

Her heart skipped. "What?"

Daniel grinned again, "Irele, say hello to daddy." He pointed his finger.
Irele, with her eyes, followed the direction of his hand as her gaze rested on Nathan. She staggered.

"Mr. President?"

"Hello daughter."
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
An awkward silence prevailed over the chilly atmosphere in the spacious room as Irele stared at the president in total shock.
President Nathan bowed his head in remorse. He never wanted her to know any of this, at least not now.
Daniel had a smirk on his face. He loved every thing that was happening. He had to be patient.

"Irele, please say something." Nathan broke the silence.

Irele remained muted. The new discovery had hit her at every joint. She wondered how it was possible.

Nathan saw the confusion in her eyes and he knew what she was thinking. He had to explain everything.
"I was still young, when I met your mother. I was in my 3rd year in University of Jos when I was at the bar and I saw your mom.
"She was the most beautiful thing I had seen in my life, so I approached her. We got few drinks and we chatted for a while. We got tipsy and one thing led to another and we ended up on the same bed.
"I really loved her and would have loved to spend my life with her but I had to erase my past because of my political career.
"When I heard she had given birth, I was happy but I couldn't come around. I wished I had stayed."

"So, I was a product of a one night stand?" Irele finally spoke.

"Not like that, dear."

"I am not your dear", Irele snarled. "You abandon us. Left us to suffer, and now my mother is dead and you say is not like that. Really, how then?"

Daniel could only laugh at what was going on. He wished he had time but he was on a schedule.
"Okay, I really love this emotional reunion but can I have what I came for. You can continue later. Just so you know, Tessy was your half sister."

Irele was speechless.

"It turns out here that your father, Mr. President was a notorious playboy. Always breaking hearts. We had to clean up his past. That was why we made her other parent adopted her. You see, when her brother got involved, we planned her new parents accident. We have the power to do anything we want in this county."

Irele managed to take few steps backwards as she leaned on the table for support. She felt like fainting.

"Where is she now?" Nathan asked

"The son of the devil killed her." Irele managed to say.

"Irele", Nathan called at her, "I have to give them what they want."

"How can you say that?" Irele asked as she stood upright.

"Because it is more than what you think. This is not just about this country, the world powers are involved."

Irele was speechless.

"I tried to break free", Nathan continued, "but it backfired. The insurgents in the North East became this terrible because they had the world's backing. They refused to sell arms to us because I stepped on toes. Please understand me. I am trying to help this nation."

"By putting lives in danger?" Irele managed to ask.

"They are not in danger. This is just a leverage they would have over the government."

At a while, Irele turned to Daniel, "I'm sorry, I can't give you what you want. I would rather die than let you kill millions of people."

"Oh, you will", Daniel said with confidence, "you just need a little persuasion."

Daniel brought out his Iphone 6+ from his pocket and dialled a number. He handed it over to Irele.
Irele reluctantly took the phone and placed it on her ear.
"Hello?"
From the other end of the line, Irele heard a crying lady. She froze at the sound of the voice. She recognised that voice. It was Nakun's.
Daniel smiled.

Irele wasn't going to forgive herself if anything happen to Nakun but she just couldn't give up the codes like that. Lives were at stakes.

"Please don't kill her." Irele pleaded.

"Then hand over the codes."

"They are not with me."

Daniel paused. The smile on his face quickly gave way for a stern. If she thinks he was bluffing then she was wrong.
He dialled the number again, this time, he placed it on loudspeaker.
"Scorpion?"

"Sir." He answered from the other end.

"Shoot the bi.tch."

Irele screamed but it was too late. Three shot were fired as the squealing lady became a lump of uncooked flesh. Irele broke down in tears. As for her, this fight was over.
She pulled her phone from her bag and dialled a number. Daniel watched.

"Hello Malcom", Irele said amidst the tears, "please, send me the Original codes." She ended the call.

Daniel pulled a thumb card from his pocket and handed it over to the president, "sir, I would need your thumb print if you don't mind."

Nathan placed his thumb on it without any fuss as Irele's phone beep with a message. The codes.
Irele handed it over to Daniel, still crying.

Daniel, having been satisfied with the codes, turned to leave when he realised John Alfred had already gained consciousness. Daniel paused for a while. He had an idea.

"Ah, good to have you join us, Mr. Alfred. But it's a pity you won't survive this evening."

Alfred stared at Daniel with a look of disgust as Daniel brought out his gun. A silencer. He fired a bullet to the head of Alfred.
Irele shook with fear.

Daniel turned around and looked at her. He had another idea.
"Miss Irele, I am so sorry for what I am about to do now. This is the only way to stop you from following me."

He fired another bullet to President Nathan's leg. Nathan fell to the floor clutching his leg as Irele ran to his side. Daniel smiled again as he dropped the gun beside her.

He and the three men walked out of the room as Irele knelt down beside the president.
As Daniel left, he alerted the securities about Irele. They rushed in, all with guns, pointing at her.

"Miss, get away from the president. You are under arrest for attempted murder on the life of the president and for treason, punishable by death."

Irele jaw dropped in shock as the Nathan passed out.

END OF CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kennikazi(m): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bravo theorbiters! Bravo!!
Your style of writing..and killing is poetic. Its seems like you're the better murderer. wink
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
kennikazi:
Bravo theorbiters! Bravo!!
Your style of writing..and killing is poetic. Its seems like you're the better murderer. wink
Lmao. You give me a hard task o. I had to shed some blood.
Glad you liked it.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
wow,this is great
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Too many killed in d last 2 chapters....anywaz,i knew dey wer all gonna die. D codes had beta bin fake oo. Kudos guyz!

Cc: alexander243, scopiicaar and awwal339
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
theorbiters:

Glad you liked it.
LOL... All the blood u r sheddin, splitin and dividin.... God dey oo
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
theorbiters:

Glad you liked it.
ya style of writing is superb....killin pipo wit swag! buh d way they spent mins in d president's study sha get , ,
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
Skimpledawg:

ya style of writing is superb....killin pipo wit swag! buh d way they spent mins in d president's study sha get , ,

You no dey sleep ni
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:38am On Mar 30, 2015
kenwins:

You no dey sleep ni
alberto2k pleaded wt me to watch ova u my lady! so i slip afta u

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 30, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Asewoundecided
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Yea...it was long. I guess I wanted people to really get the whole story why the president felt helpless and then create the stage for thr final showdown. Thanks for your critics, I would improve next time.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 6:22am On Mar 30, 2015
kenwins:

LOL... All the blood u r sheddin, splitin and dividin.... God dey oo
Lol.... Sorry ma, it wasn't my fault o. It just had to happen.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Fatalveli(m): 6:55am On Mar 30, 2015
Nice one orbit, you're superb!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Awwww....d@s so swt of him.
BTW... If to say olashas dey call u now,u go forget your assaignment oo.... Such is life sha. Bt den me go free u noni.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
[size=30pt]Is FIGOMATHEW AVAILABLE FOR TOMORROW?[/size]
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by snapdraqon1805: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nice write up it really stunt men
Good work o
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 06, 2015
So this collabo had been abandoned. Smh

Cc. Larrysun Dyoungstar

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) / Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.