Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 (20106 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / 2015 Pre-collaboration (yearly Writers Collaboration Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Haha pureivory u don gimme work ni. Dont worry i shall deliver
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by pureIvory(f): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
DUOz:
Haha pureivory u don gimme work ni. Dont worry i shall deliver
I know say you fit.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
nice one
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 12:14am On Mar 15, 2015
CHAPTER TEN: DEATH IS NOT AN ENEMY

WRITTEN AND SUBMITTED BY DUOz

THE PRESENT

DATE:5th FEBRUARY 2015

TIME: 1107HRS GMT

Samson fell into a pool of his own blood like an iroko tree defeated by the ruthless teeths of a motorsaw. Tess rushed to her cousin with eyes heavy with tears "noo, sam please dont leave me like this i cant loose any more family, sam please!!!" she cried out in a very loud tone. Irele was unaware to these happenings around her as she stood completly still like a statue with her eyes and mouth wide open. Her brain was still trying to process the words that gushed out of scorpions gutter. 'THE RED PAPER' her brain sparked. She quickly reached for the metal box she had rolled under the bed before her encounter with ransome. She slowly pulled out the empty box from under the bed. She immediately fell back out of shock. The box was totally empty, ransome had taken all the contents in it, all the documents
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 12:17am On Mar 15, 2015
All the copies of the red paper including the original. Irele was short of words, her lips kept vibrating furiously as tears slowly made its path down her face. "IRELE! IRELE!! IRELE!!!" tess screamed out. Irele looked at her maintaining her position. "help me out here you fool, my cousin is on the verge of death and you are crying over some stupid piece of paper" "he took it. He..........took........them. All........of.........them!!!" irele said with tears and catarrh drooling down her face. She immediately wiped off the tears with the aid of the back of her hand. She stood up and assisted tess in raising samson. They staggered as they barely carried samson down to the car. Irele was in no mood to take the wheels so that was tess's cue. Tess drove like a pro in the finals of formula one cup even if she still had the learners sign with the red capital 'L' hung behind her toyota lexus GS 2006 model. They got to the hospital in less than 15 minutes, it was the same hospital samson
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 12:20am On Mar 15, 2015
Met irele a couple of hours ago. She looked behind her every two seconds like she was sure scorpion was onto her. Without hesistation the nurses rolled samson on a stretcher into the ic unit. Tess was visibly tensed as she paced back and forth the waiting room muttering inaudible words of prayer.
Irele sat completely still as images of ransome's face flashed through her mind. The hate grew stronger and stronger, her anger had never tasted such peak. The desire to end ransome ran through her veins. "TINA!!! Yes" tina was her only clue" she thought. She dipped her hand into her tight jean pocket and slipped out her blackberry Q10. She easily swiped through the screen as she searched through her contacts. She dialled tina's number and her favourite caller tune buzzed in her ears ; TO COPY THIS TUNE PRESS 1 "YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE BETTER......UH-OH...... YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE HAPPIER......UH-OH.......... EVERYTHING YOU WANT IS WITHIN YOUR REACH OOH......
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 12:22am On Mar 15, 2015
YOU CAN BE BETTER WITH........" Tina cuts in "hello girl whats up" "am not so good tina. Look i need a favour from you urgently..............."

CHAPTER TEN CONTINUES.........
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 8:36am On Mar 15, 2015
Ransome sat on a sofa and placed the red paper on a table in front of him. He had a pistol revolver in his hand because he knew the spotlight was now on him. He stared at the paper with contempt and marveled at such great power just a piece of paper possesed. He picked up the paper carefully with his left hand "i finally have you in my possesion, we are going to be great together, you are going to make me rich, i am going to form a new group, the most powerful that ever lived and i shall be the leader, i will call it the overcomers no i will call us the rulers. You my friend are going to make me fulfil my destiny. He kissed the paper softly and a little smile possessed the edge of his mouth.
While ransome was still fantasizing he heard footsteps around his window he sneaked to the window and stole a peak. He saw daniel himself with a gun in his hand using hand signs to order scorpion and the other men to take different positions at designated corners
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2015
Ransome wasnt surprised. He knew they would come for him sooner or later, guess this was sooner. He glanced at THE RED PAPER once again "guess what baby.............. We have uninvited guest" ransome spoke to the paper as if it were a human being. He swiftly packed all the documents and squeezed then into an old brown suitcase. "spain here i come" he said softly as he escaped through a secret exit known only to him. He made it to the backyard and effortlessly jumped the fence, ransome ran very fast with all his strength, he needed to get as far away from his house as possible, after racing about 500M he heard a female voice scream behind him "hey!!! RANSOME!!!" he halted and slowly turned back. He was bolted from the blue to see her. He couldnt phathom how she found him. It was IRELE..........
CHAPTER TEN CONTINUES.........
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Irele was breathing heavily and it was obvious she had been pursueing him for a while......"how did you find me?" ransome asked with a puzzled look "oh let me guess, it was your nosy friend tina that gave you directions uh?" he added "hand it over" irele commanded. Ransome chuckled "you must be very stupid to think i would just easily hand you the red paper" "ransome we had a deal and you broke it, you stole the red paper, its not yours give it back" irele yelled with a little more confidence. "we had no deal irele" ransome cuts in "i only took advantage of your achilles heel, your stupidity, your frailty. Oh my dear irele when will you ever learn to trust no one. Infact i think i should end your miserable life right now, the pain, the agony, the deceit, the deaths of your beloved here and there all it takes is one bullet irele, just one it would be a pleasure to end you right now" ransome's face was full of evil as he cocked his pistol and pointed it straight to irele's heart
While irele was still held at gun point daniek and his men broke into ransomes house "search everywhere dont leave any stone unturned" daniel yelled "oh ransome my guy am sorry it had to be like this" scorpion muttered. Daniel and his men ransacked the whole house but ransome and the red paper was no where to be found. "boss there is nothing here" one of the armed men broke the news to daniel. Daniel was so furious and rage took over him, he pointed his gun towards the ill-fated gang member and fired a bullet that split his head apart. "i want this place torn apart, ransome shouldnt have a home to return to. Use your f**king guns to tear this place apart" daniel said in an unusual calm tone. Without wasting further time the gang opened fire and ripped his house apart with raining bullets.
"you hear those gunshots? They were meant for me, even if i was to hand you this suitcase right now you wouldnt last two days on the surface of this earth before daniel And his blood thirsty beasts take your life" ransome said still pointing his gun at irele. "why dont you let me bother about that. Please i beg you dont kill me" irele said visibly shaking with a very tiny voice. "its too late my dear" ransome placed his hand on the trigger firmly. "you said you loved me. People dont kill who they love" irele tried to mess with ransomes head "shut up you fool. You really think i love you uh?? What do you take me for eh....... Goodbye irele" GBOOW!!!!...... the bullet was launched and its victim helplessly fell to the ground..........
CHAPTER TEN CONTINUES
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by bigsholly(f): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Duoz I think you should just conclude your chapter at once the way you are writing will not give the next writer time to prepare, you have started since yesterday na biko finish up

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
Baba u dey talk like say dis tin na abcd i dont use a qwerty keypad nd my keypad is bad ontop. If u think am taking time chek d time that d writer of chapter 9 ended. D bottom line is that i will finish b4 d end of 2day so abeg no dey complain
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Irele slowly opened her eyes and saw helpless ransome bleeding to death in a pool of his own blood. She slowly looked up and saw uncle james still pointing a gun at dead ransome. Uncle james had come just in time and shot ransome from behind. The scene was just like in the movies "i take you for a dead man" uncle james replied the question of dead ransome "uncle james" irele exclaimed with deep relief in her voice. "you killed him" irele said as she ran to the dead body and held him tight. Ransome might have wanted to kill her, she might have hated him but for thd fact that he made her feel like a real woman the previous night hurt her so much to watch him die. "irele i saved your life" uncle james muttered with authority. "now pick up that suitcase and lets get the hell out of here" he added. Irele quickly picked up the suitcase and walked up to uncle james. "how did you get here? How did you find me?. Uncke james i told you i was fine" irele bombarded him with questions not giving Him the opportunity to answer one before striking the next "irele you didnt look so fine to me just a moment ago, for Gods sake irele you would have been dead by now. When you told me you were fine i knew everything wasnt okay. How could you comfront an armed man without any backup plan. It seems you really want to be dead" uncle james said as he hid his gun back in his gun case that was usually attached to a customized belt. Series of gunshots filled the air again that sounded like a battle field. "those are the allies of ransome. Uncle james lets get out of here quickly" irele said being obviously tensed. "alright lets move, tina's car is around the corner" "tina's car" irele asked with a perplexed look. Uncle james stopped and turned back to the corpse. He searched the pockets and collected ransome's wallet and cell phone and then faced irele with a smile "shhh. I'll explain later" they ran as fast as thier legs could carry them, irele paused as soon as they got to the door of Tina's car "hey uncle james" irele called "thank you for saving my life" uncle james nodded slightly with a weak smile, they entered the car and zoomed off.
daniel and his men stormed out of ransomes house and headed for thier toyota suv mini bus parked by the road side "boss, whats the way forward?" scorpion asked. "dont worry my boy. I know ransome like i know the back of my palm, he isnt as smart as you think, he doesnt know the full potential of THE RED PAPER, thats why am giving you a new mission. The biggest mission of your carrier yet" daniel placed his hand on scorpions shoulder and cleared his throat then continued. "i want you to find ransome and kill him" daniel gave the deadliest grin scorpion had ever seen.
uncle james drove furiously fast overtaking any circumventing encumberance that posed a negative catalyst. "how did you find me?" irele resumed her interrogation "immediately i called you and you told me i shouldnt bother coming i packed my bags instantly" uncle james replied. Irele chuckled and uncle james continued "so on getting to lagos i figured if i called you, you wouldnt reveal your real location so i decided to go to your friend tina. Fortunately for me, no sorry i meant fortunately for you, she had just given you directions to ransomes house. So i forced her to vomit the address so i went in pursuit of you and thank jehovah i wasnt a minute late" uncle james parked the car by the road side and faced irele with a more serious look who sat on the passenger's seat "but irele what if, just what if i was a minute late? What would have become of you?" uncle james asked without expecting an answer. Irele burst into tears and couldnt utter a word. "its okay dear, its all over now" uncle james pathed her on the back as he resumed his journey
samson opened his eyes slowly and saw tess with her face full of tears. He sprang up from the bed and yelled "where am i?" "samsom please calm down, you are in the hospital you passed out" tess said in an usual loud tone "where is irele?" samson asked "she left, samson that girl doesnt love you please forget her" "no tess i remember, i remember his face, i know him" samson said being visibly tensed up "what the hell are you talking about. You know who?" tess inquired "i know the person that shot me. Its DANIEL" samsom said with a calm tone. Tess stared at samson for a few seconds without moving a muscle and fell to the ground with a loud thud. SHE FAINTED......
TWENTY MINUTES LATER;

Uncle james and irele arrived tina's house " why are we here?" irele questioned "this is the only safe place for now and besides i had to borrow her ride" uncle james replied. They bounced into the house like they owned the place. Uncle james threw the car keys to tina which she caught instantly with a reflex
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
"thanks for the ride" "you are highly welcome, my dear" tina replied. Tina turned to face irele and they immediately hugged each other thight like they havnt seen in ages. They later sat irele down and uncle james began with the interrogation with a very calm tone "now irele i want you to calm down and tell me everything you saw" uncle james began. Irele narrated each and every thing not leaving out anything at all.
Uncle james opened the suitcase and collected all the red papers in it and headed for his laptop. He studied all the names and signatures on the original red paper "these are prominent men" he said softly "but i dont get it" he added. He made for the wallet and searched it carefully but all he saw were some naira notes, credit cards, ATM cards and complementary cards. It still didnt make any sense "wait a minute" he said with a bright face. He noticed the names on the real red paper were different from the ones on the fake one. He searched the web and found out they were all popular politicians and they all dissappeared within the same period, no one ever knew the circumstances behind thier dissappearance "this must be it" uncle james kept muttering to himself. Suddenly ransome's phone buzzed out and the screen came to life highlighting "BOSS incoming call" uncle james picked the call without uttering a word but the other person at the end of the line had a message to deliver "ransome my boy" the anonymous being began. "you can run but you cant hide, you have what belongs to me and you know i dont like being bullied, so i tell you what, returm the red paper to me safe and sound in the next 72hrs or else.............
Ransome you know me more than anyone else, you know what am capable of. I daniel akintola never fails. I never fail dear. NEVEEEERRRR!!!! HAHAHA!!!".......... The line went dead.
Uncle james turned to face irele ond more time "irele dear. What did you say was the name ransome mentioned again?" He inquired "it was daniel sir. Do you know him?" irele asked. Uncle james quickly searched through the complementary cards one more time and found it. The card read DANIEL OLAMIDE AKINTOLA, it contained so many numbers and he turned to the back of the card 'BOSS' was boldly written with black ink behind the card which was obviously ransomes writting. He turned back to irele "no i dont know him" he lied. Uncle james quickly searched the internet with the keywords 'DANIEL OLAMIDE AKINTOLA' all the details about daniel fell out like a flood passing through a tiny pipe. "not if i get you first Daniel!!!! NOT........ IF........... I........... GET............YOU.......... FIRST!!!" uncle james spoke with a big evil grin which dominated the edges of his mouth as he stared at daniels picture which was displayed on the screen of his laptop.
END OF CHAPTER TEN
WWW.DUOZBLOG..COM
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2015
i ddy cm
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dis place kum dry, abi una don abadon dis topic? Tattesco didnt show up nd everyone is just silent
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
[size=15pt]This is the season 1 of this series, seat and watch how things unfold.
[/size]

[b]
The following is the list of some of the writers who shall be participating in the Nairaland Writers Pre-collaboration:

Chapter One:
LarrySun - Monday 23 February, 2015

Chapter Two:
Ruffhandu - Wednesday 25 February, 2015.

Chapter Three:
Fatalveli - Friday 27 February, 2015

Chapter Four:
TiffanyJ - Sunday 1 March, 2015.

Chapter Five:
ThroneKid - Tuesday 3 March, 2015.

Chapter Six:
Stuff46 - Thursday 5 March, 2015.

Chapter Seven:
Vonn - Saturday 7 March, 2015.

Chapter Eight:
Simonhabby - Monday 9 March, 2015.

[size=25pt]Chapter Nine:
Kinwayne - Wednesday 11 March, 2015.

Is nowhere to be found, therefore the next writer takes over today. [/size]

Chapter Ten:
PureIvory - Friday 13 March, 2013.

Chapter Eleven:
DUOz - Sunday 15 March, 2015.

[size=25pt]Chapter Twelve:
Tattesco - Tuesday 17 March, 2015.

Nowhere to be found.

Next writer takes over.[/size]

Chapter Thirteen:
Oruchechuks - Thursday 19 March, 2015.

Chapter Fourteen:
Nimen - Saturday 21 March, 2015.

----------------------------------------------------
[size=20pt]Kinwayne - to post his chapter after Nimen. It continues as chapter 12 since two chapters are skipped already.

You are borrowed this slot to post, make it a continuation of the preceding poster.[/size]

Chapter Fifteen:
Queenelly - Monday 23 March, 2015.

Chapter Sixteen:
Abosi31 - Wednesday 25 March, 2015.

Chapter Seventeen:
Kenikazi - Friday 27 March, 2015.

Chapter Eighteen:
Theorbiters - Sunday 29 March, 2015.

Chapter Nineteen:
FigoMathew - Tuesday 31 March, 2015.

Chapter Twenty:
*Adefaye Samuel - Thursday 2 April, 2015.

If you have requested to be a part of this collaboration and your name isn't featured above, kindly contact either of the two e-mail addresses below so that the list can be modified.

1. Larrysun4real@yahoo.com

2. midyoungstar@gmail.com

Or send a Whatsapp message to

+2347066611666

Thank you, God bless you.
[/b]

[size=15pt]
Note: every participant should endeavour to check the timetable always and post their updates at due time to avoid conflict, Thanks.
[/size]
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:24am On Mar 19, 2015
kenwins:
Standd
olashas
alberto2k
suxxman
skimpledawg

just got here. Im sure it's gonna be interesting. As interesting as the first one. Right skimple?
tho am la8! mehn, dz is bomb! anytym i read a piece 4rm dt Larrysun guy, my dictionary is alwz close! Guy is tyt...
stuff46, u made me proud niqqa..
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Calmdove(f): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Kudos 2 all d writers
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Dyoungstar, will I still post my chapter on monday since you gave Kinwayne a slot ?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 7:22am On Mar 20, 2015
nellyme:
Dyoungstar, will I still post my chapter on monday since you gave Kinwayne a slot ?

Yea, they have Saturday 21, March. To post their chapters.

Yours comes on Monday.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Yea, they have Saturday 21, March. To post their chapters.

Yours comes on Monday.
Alright...
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
chapter eleven coming up tonight!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chapter 11: The begining of the end
Submited by oruchechuks
Oruche.chuks@gmail.com
Date: June 8, 1984 10:00GMT

It was a cold day in the city of Moscow, the cold everyone was used to, except few visitors that would not endure such a condition. The kind of cold made it difficult to identify the day from the night. With snows falling and filling up the roads and street corners, everyone seems to be indoor, shops closed and markets and public centers not opened. This condition however will not deter this secrete meeting that is taking place in the upper floor of a ten story building.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Present at the meeting was the president of the united state, the leader of the USSR, few selected leader of some great nations of which the Head of State of Nigeria was present and seated beside him was his second in command, Gen. Adelakun.
"You'll have to establish a group in your country, the group or set of advicers will direct your affairs and be in charge of major decision making, abd you are to carry out what the group decides" the one that appears to be the leader of the group spoke, has he paused for a few seconds to look round the table to make sure he have the attention of his audience, "like for me in America, i have my advicers, to say, that are not know to the citizens, even workrrs in my cabinate doesn't know of such advicers". He paused again but this time focused his attention on the Head of State of Nigrria, the one who is the basis fir the meeting. "You just had a civil war which couldn't have happenned if you have this group."

The Head of state of Nigeria inclined his head up and down and kept a transfixed attention to what the leader, the President of America, have to say, although he struggled hard to get his point clearly maybe due to his accent or was it due to the cold outside that seems to have froze his brain.

Reaching for his briefcase, the President pf America pulled out some papers that looked like documents but was bounded together to look like a book, passed it to the leader of the USSR who gave it a quick glance, nodded in approval to the content and handed it over to the Head of State of Nigeriswho was sitting besides him.
"That book is a list of documents that contained the list and regulations of the group you are to form, the membrrs are to sign up their signature to authenticate the bill they have passedand you must carry it out as ordered"
"What if am not a member of the group, and i get genuine feedbacks from the group" the Head of State if Nigeria questioned and the President of China decide to answer to his qustion as it seemshe has been having less contribution ever since
"Not neccessary you be..." as he finds the right word to use coupled with the difficult to pronounce English words "in the group, you just accept what they give to you and work with it hao bu hao." The China representative spoke and his idea was bought by the leader.
"With this document, if you failed to carry out what is eritten in it, and many things starts going on that are not so good, maybe war or so, we are coming to take over from you." The leader said and after some few seconds continued again, "with that document in your hand comes great power and great responsibillity is laid on you to choose the members carefully as any conspiracy will lead to trouble, and no citizen of your countty must know about this group or the papers except for the ones you've selectef to be trustworthy."

The meeting was concluded and the members each signed their signatutures to the minute of the meeting and the Head of State of Nigeria returned with his vice alongside the book with red cover to Lagos, Nigeria. A great task lies ahead of them
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by seyitanhep1: 7:54am On Mar 21, 2015
Baba, if you see the mistakes in that update, you sef go fear
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2015
seyitanhep1:
Baba, if you see the mistakes in that update, you sef go fear

Lol...rudeboi bomboclark...rastamanfriedricewithchickenstew
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
Genn. Adelakun was in his office, thinking about the head of state as the second in command to take the responsibility of setting up the group as directed by the secrete meeting of the world leaders.
He picked up his telephone sitting on the right corner of his table and dialed colonel Abdulrazak’s number.
“Hello Colonel, General Adelakun on the line” he spoke to the receiver of the telephone
“Good afternoon General” Colonel replied
“Please I want you to come to my house tomorrow evening”
“yes sir, I will come”
“ok thank you” he sai as he dropped the receiver back into the telephone.
Colonel Abdurazak has been a trusted friend of his, he has been of help to him in so many ways like installing him as the Governor of his state. He is going to work with him in establishing this new group, he had already made everything in place like writing down the rules and regulations of the group, drafting the standing order and employing the group lawyer, Daniel Akintola, a sound young lawyer who he feels is equal to the task of keeping the meeting secrete. Only if he knew things are going to take another form in years to come.

Present
Date: February 6, 2015
Time: 04:00 GMT

Daniel Akintola gazed at the wall clock adjascent to his bed for the umpteenth time; sleep hasn’t been his friend reasons obviously because of the frightful events that as been happening lately.
He could remember how he got himself into the mess when the general called him to a private meeting and entrusted him to take charge as the lawyer to the group he named the common men. He was to act as a secrete lawyer that even some of the group member do not know he existed except for some principal members.
Due to many descripencies, he noticed in the group, he found out he cannot trust any member again after the death of his original boss he cannot hand over the whole document of the TCM back to them as instructed by the General.
He had the document until some few years ago when he sure the TCM no longer existed, he create a new group to continue the legacy.
He had a problem with the new group, a certain boy was in possession of a valid document that will in addition to the ones he is having will authenticate the new group, providing it with full power. He had fought tooth and nail in order for the boy to release it but to no avail he had employ some group of security guards from a security training institute and had employed there set of best trained students who are intelligent, smart and powerfull. They once came close to obtaining the document from the boy when they lost it again to the hands of a certain Irele that had come to threaten or blackmailed him or evnn challenged him to a ransome, he smiled at the thought of this

“silly girl” he cursed in his mind. And again hes most trusted guard Ransome had gone after her too. Whatever happened to people and trust?
“am just too good for this” he whispered as he had sent one of his guards to secretly monitor the affairs of Ransome, he surely will make him regret his disloyer actions.
Again his taught went back to Irele, he hissed, that girl cannot be stopped he had tried everything totrack her down, if not for any reason but to know the kind of document the dead boy passed down to her. If she proved very difficult, he will have to convincingly induct her into the TCM group.
Before his next meeting with the TCM, he had to present them with all the document, they have tpo commence work in earnest, the work of work of determining the affairs of the nation, they have to decide first who will rule thye nation, thank God the elections have been postponed to further allow them time, thanks to the influence of one of the TCM member who is also in charge of conducting elections in the country.
His phone rang, jerking him back to reality, he checked the caller, it was scorpion so he picjked
“yes Scorpion”
“sir on ma patrol last night, I found out that Ransome is dead sir” he said as he applied a pause to his news to ensure his boss got the message and then continued “the box is not with him so am thinking it should be in his apartment sir, so in few minutes sir I will be on ma way there” he concluded
“that’s good Scorpion, but we do not know the killer, so we have to be carefull until we find out what led to his death. But don’t forget to alert me me on your way over there so I can join you”
“yes sir I will” scorpion replied before his boss added another instruction
“do you need anything?” Daniel asked
“no sir am all good”
“ok later then” he said as he droped the call.
Now the story is taking a different shape, people that killed Ransome also want that document in his possession he thought, the last time he checked, his enemy was Ahmed, but that has been taken care of, but who now is in the picture?
He picked up his phone, made some calls, freshened up himself and set far what the day have to offer.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Time: 07:08GMT
James had been awake for almost all part of the night, goin through Daniel Akintola’s profile from all the media he knew of, he got the info that he is a barrister, a prominent one for that matter, he handled polical cases for the then head of state in the late 80’s and early 90’s. he checked for Ransome's details too, he had searched his background, he attended the same secondary school with Irele, before he joined a security training school.
He knew ransome had more information as some of the document in the box were not complete, they were numbred and some numbers were missing so he decided to go and search ransomes house, but he will need the help of his friend to help him hack down Ransome’s earlier location. He picked up his phone and called Peter’s number
“hello Peter, how are you doing”
“am fine sir, good morning” Peter answered from the other end of the line
“yeah good morning, please I want you to find out for me the exact location of this number when he made calls two days ago at around 23:00 hours” James said as he called out Ransome’s number to him
“ok sir give me some few minutes let me make some taps on my computer” Peter said,” I will give you a call when am done”
“ok Peter”
After some few minutes a text entered James phone that contained the address of Ransome which is about few hours drive from his location assuming there is no traffic jam.

Time: 09:28 GMT

“you wait for me in the car” James said to Irele who has insisted she had come with him, as they packed Tina’s car some few houses away from the targeted house probably for some security reasons.
Irele nodded “ok”, and in few seconds she observed her uncle walked into the house from the side mirror of the car.
After about ten minutes, a car pulled up in front of Ransomes house and Irele saw a well built guy walked into the the appertment, she picked up her phone to call her uncle but the network chose that moment to fumbl, she made futher attemps to call but to no avail, she made a silent curse to the network provider just as every disappointed Nigerian will do, then she decided to go into the house herself to see what is happening.

"Drop the folder" Sorpion said pointing a steel gun at at James.
Damn James cursed, he had forgoten his gun in the car, he acted very well to appear as bold and careless as he wanted to be, having been familiar with this kind of situation, his kind of job has made this kind of situation a mere child's play for him. "Who are you?" He said calmly.
Gboaaa! Sorpion shot a bullet, not at james but at the lampstand beside the bed, a move he did just to assure the man before him that the gun with him is real and the bullets are dangerous also. "Give me the file" he shouted opening his eyes wide, exerting so much energy in the process.
James made steady moves towards him, stretching the folder toward him in an attempt to hand it over to this guy that thinks he is an amerteur.
In one swift, indescribable kick to Scorpions right hand, the gun Scorpion was holding fell off and slid towards the door. James quickly follow up the kick with a heavy jab to Scorpions left cheek, but Scorpion was fast enough to block it with his arm as he sends a heavy bloww to James face. The blow caught him on the nose and blood rushed out immediatly. As he was about to send another blow that was intended to knock him off, James quickly docked and the force threw scorpion forwad, setting his throat for a good and convinient uppercut and James did not hessitate to serve the desired uppercut in the most appropriate location. The uppercut excorted Scorpion to the bed and ensuring he had a safe landing as James jumps on him on the bed and the two couples began a romance section on the bed, struggling on who will choke his mate out first, when Irele opened the door, picked the gun at her feet and pointed it with both hands at the two love couples on the bed.
They didnt noticed untill she shouted " Stop!!!"
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by oruchechuks(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Before Scorpion could turn to see who the intruder was, as he had already rolled over James sending blows to he's face, Irele fired a bullet that cauhht him in his back. Sorpion rolled away from James as he stood up and walked with his last strenght towards Irele.
This guy must be a vampire, Irele taught, as she saw the Zombie walked towards her, she suddenly became weak, and her brain had a total shut down just like the one she had when the dieing man droppoed the red paper in her car. All she could do was scream and the only thing she heard was her uncle shouting "throw me the gun" and she obeyed out of reflex and threw the gun to his uncle who caught it swiftly and the zombie, Scorpion, turned himself around just like the zombie that he was at that moment, a zombie that was red in color, dripping of fresh blood. He faced James who was now holding the gun and having a very good aim at the zombie in front of him.

Gboa!! Gboaa!!! James sent two bullets into scorpions left chest that certainly drilled two holes right through his heart and his chest suddenly became a foutain bubling tubulently with blood. Scorpion fell like a mango tree and James stoop up to him as he gave him an icing on the cake by sending another bullet to his skul. Scorpion died a painless death as those first two bullets had already seen him off to the underwold but to Irele and any other observer, Scorpion died a horror death, having a quite swim in his own pool of blood.

Irele picked up the folder and ran towards her uncle to find solace in his arm when the door opened again and Daniel Akintola walked in.

End of Chapter 11
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 1:17am On Mar 22, 2015
Oruchechuks see as you come gimme work.... typing, ma battery is down tho.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 4:46am On Mar 22, 2015
Chapter 12
Date: February 6th 2015
Time: 10:15

Daniel Akintola comes in with two men both armed with Ak-47 rifles, Irele gasps as she clenches the box tightly against her chest, her eyes were registered with fear. Daniel Akintola wasn' t just a man, he was a powerful man rumored to have stooges working in different government parastatals as high as in the presidency. It was said that the President even had to be sanctioned by him before he was okayed as acting president during the former president's demise with all men his age and older that he is, he garnered respect wherever he went, such was the power of the principality that walked into Ransome's apartment that morning. He was a silent puppet master, he looked at both people on the sofa and scorpion on the floor, he pulled the sleeves of his elegant one thousand five over his shoulder, it was so silent that you could hear a pin drop, he looked at both men beside him and nods towards Irele and Detective James

"Get the box and the girl"
He said turning to leave

"This wasn't our deal" James calls out
Irele gasps in shock as James stands from the sofa, Daniel turns

"... You were supposed to leave my family alone, while i quitely got you the paper"
Daniel lets out a dry laugh

"I love your courage James, i didn't know you could speak for yourself , or i wouldn't have given the greedy Ransome the job to get me the paper"
Irele couldn't believe her ears

"I've worked for you a long time sir, and i've not asked anything more from you, you can take the paper sir, but please spare my sister"
Daniel stares at him from his glasses, pulls the sleeves from his one thousand five and hesitantly says

"Erm... Oya leave the girl for her demons, get me the paper"

The men swung into action grabbing the metal box and opening it, checking the contents and getting satisfied with it, they hand it to Akintola, Irele is dumfounded

"... And James?" He called

"Yes sir"

"I don't owe you anymore favours, if you get into the line of fire, you'll definitely get one, you understand?"

"Yes sir, thanks sir" he says feigning a smile

"Irele you're safe now, but make the mistake of coming after this..."
He says holding up the paper.

"Then your uncle's plea would have expired, i can't say the same for Samson and Tess, who would beg for their lives?"

"You son of a biatch, i'll kill you" Irele shouts, one of the men gives her a backand slap, Daniel shakes his head and leaves the apartment his men following him.
When they'd left. James turns aplogetically to Irele who raises a hand to stop him from talking....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire. / Jos, December And Cold.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.