Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 (20136 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / 2015 Pre-collaboration (yearly Writers Collaboration Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Thank you ladies and gentle men for following this story thus far.

I also wanna thank the participants who out of their tight schedule made out time to contribute to the success of this pre-collaboration, your efforts are appreciated.

We shall screen this story and select the best writers and join them with our web of writers against the MAJOR COLLABORATION coming soon.

BY THE POWERS CONFERRED ON ME, I HEREBY DECLARE THIS COLLABORATION

[size=20pt]<<<<ENDED>>>>[/size]

We shall pick selected writers that participated in this collaboration to finish up the story in dew time.

Once again, thank you all for having our back.

#1_LOV3

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
I wanna complete the story...

Cc. Dyoungstar
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sir Dyoungstar, I want to complete the story!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
thronekid:
Sir Dyoungstar, I want to complete the story!

theorbiters:
I wanna complete the story...
Cc. Dyoungstar

You can wrap up the story in not more than 4 chapters.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 2:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Dyoungstar:

You can wrap up the story in not more than 4 chapters.

i'm picking up a chapter
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2015
Im still here to read sha n shld u start d collabo gangan,tag me oo
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kingphilip(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2015
D1ck:
So this collabo had been abandoned. Smh

Cc. Larry sun Dyoungsta
the young n upcoming writers would have used this to showcase themselves to stardom but decided against it

Well it's up to them not me
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2015
kingphilip:
the young n upcoming writers would have used this to showcase themselves to stardom but decided against it

Well it's up to them not me
They're probably scared or they don't know what to write.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
They're probably scared or they don't know what to write.
dey myt nt b aware of dis thread
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kingphilip(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
kenwins:

dey myt nt b aware of dis thread
we r not talking about the ones who r not aware of the thread but those who were billed to update but boycotted it for reasons best known to them
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: The Joker.

TIME: 06:00HRS TO ELECTIONS

Daniel made a call as he highlighted from the black Ford SUV in front of the airport entrance.

"Gather everyone in place. We are moving on as planned, I'm on my way." He ended the call.

He was drunk with his achievements so far as he smiled to himself. This is the beginning of a new era, he thought to himself, now nothing can stand in his way.
He entered the travel lounge and booked a flight to Lagos.

Irele was dejected as she bowed her head in heaviness. Her spirit had been behassled by the thoughts of all those that had died because of this senseless mission. Sharp pains pierced her heart.
Rolls of images litter in her broken mind as she wept for their demise. She wished she hadn't embarked on this mission, but it was late to ask for her spilled milk.

She closed her eyes as she rested her head on the prison wall and tried diverting her mind from her nightmares.
It was election day and she wondered who the winner would be.
She had already made up her mind to vote for the opposition party, she was tired of the current government and their failed promises. She, just like everyone else, wanted a Change.

Her eyes shot wide open as stared blankly at the wall.

The thought of the president being her father was another surprise to her. She had come to accept that her father was long dead but the recent news had hit her like a torrid avalanche. She hated him.

She hated him for so many reasons, abandoning her and her mother, acting like a weakling and putting lives of people in danger. She felt betrayed even though she had no idea why. She just wished all these wouldn't have happened.

"Miss Irele?"
A masculine voice penetrated her thoughts as she shrieked back to reality. It was one of the police men.

"Yes?"

"You are free to go."

Irele eyes shot wide open again, almost popping her balls from its sockets.
"How? Why? What happened?"

The dark police man looked her in disgust as he felt irritated by those questions,
"Just carry your body out this place."

Irele sprang to her feet and hurried out of the cell just in case he felt like changing his mind.

As she got to the counter, a young man in suit stood to his feet as he handed her a document to sign on.

Irele looked at him suspiciously as she collected the document from him.
"Sorry, but what is this and who are you?"

"You don't need to know who am I. Just sign that paper and you are free to go." The young man replied her without looking at her.

"Why should I sign it?"

"Because you have been given a presidential pardon. Now sign the damn thing and get out of here."

Irele stood still, transfixed to her spot. Her father had come to her rescue.

Daniel smiled as he walked into his house and headed straight for the room where the group of programmers had been for almost 2days. It was finally time to start a new empire.

"Welcome sir."
Scorpion stood to his feet, greeting him as he offered to help carry Daniel's briefcase.

Daniel stood still for a moment as he smiled at Scorpion. He had been a faithful servant all along and he had almost lost him to the icy hands of death when he was shot. He had to employ the best medical hands using some kind of Nano-techonlogy to bring him back to life. Now he would be by his side as he begins a new era.

"Have you gathered everyone?" Daniel broke the silence.

"They are waiting for you sir in the conference room." Scorpion answered.

"Good. I would join the shortly." Daniel made to leave but stopped.

"Scorpion?"

"Sir."

"Who are you going to vote for in this election?" Daniel asked.

"Well sir, I don't have a PVC, but if I had one, I would vote for APC. This country needs change."

Daniel smiled as he turned around. Perhaps he was right after all.
Daniel opened the door to the study as the computer programmers shot to their feet in fear.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2015

Irele stood in front of the police station as she pondered on what next to do. She can't continue fighting. It was hopeless to do so.
She had to get out of the country as quickly as she could but she needed to do one more thing. One final play.

She brought out her phone from her handbag and composed a message. She quickly pressed the send button as she saw the young man come out of the police station.

Daniel handed over the thumb card to Chima, the head programmer, as he sat on his chair behind the desk.

Chima went to his computer and began lifting of the prints from the thumb card to the thumb reader.
Everyone held their breath, as they prayed for it to be successful if not, one more person would meet his maker.

After about 2 minutes, the computer screen flashed green and screamed, 'ACCESS GRANTED'

Claps of relief and songs of hallelujah and thank you Jesus filed the room. Daniel smiled in silence as he watched them display in front of him.

The computer screen displayed, 'INPUT LUNCH ACTIVATION CODES.'

"Sir." Chima turned to Daniel, "The codes."

The young man was about to enter his car but Irele ran up to meet him.
There was a look of disgust on his face when he turned around to see her,
"Young woman, what else do you want?"

Irele was wondering if she had haunted this man before in his dreams. She couldn't fathom out why he was being hostile. Still she had another thing to do.

"I need you to tell my father that I want to see him."

"And why would I do that?" The young man queried.

Just then her phone vibrated. She smiled as she saw the text.

Daniel stood from his seat as he smiled, finally the time has come. He wanted this to be a special moment.
He handed over the codes to Chima.

Everyone held their breathe as Chima keyed in the codes meticulously. One mistake would be all he needed to send him to the afterlife. He wasn't ready for that journey.

Everyone held their breathe as he laid his finger on the enter key. He looked at Daniel for a confirmation.

Daniel nodded and Chima pressed the enter button.

"And why would I tell the president that?" The young man asked again.

Irele smiled at him.

"Tell him, I have the Lunch Codes."

Quickly, the young man pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

Everyone stood still with mouths opened as the computer screen blinked Red, screaming, 'ACCCESS DENIED.'

The smile on Daniel's face had dissipated like smoke.
Everyone scurried out of the room in fear as Daniel sunk to the ground.
It was over, he thought.

Scorpion rushed into the room and tried lifting Daniel to his feet.

"Sir, you must be yourself. You still have to address the people in the conference room."

Daniel managed to walk back to his seat behind the desk and he sunk like a dropped stone to his seat.

"Tell them, it is over." He managed to say.

Scorpion closed the door behind him as he walked out, leaving Daniel all alone in his sorry state.

Just then, everywhere became dark and in the room. Giwa and his band of 19 burnt dead men were present.

The end of chapter sixteen.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
I want to apologise to the whole house and my fellow readers on behalf of the writers. I know you all expected much from us and when it matters most, we couldn't deliver. Please, don't be too offended (some are already offended, just reduce it small) we hope to be better if given the opportunity again. Thank you.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Well done Theorbiters!
Chapter 17 comes up soon.
Kenwins, U asked for a mention. U should give others mentions too.

Harjibolar10, kingphilip, prettydiva89, mhizashantee1, jezuzboi, psalmwise and anyone who wana read!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
thronekid:
Well done Theorbiters!

Harjibolar10, kingphilip, prettydiva89, mhizashantee1, jezuzboi, psalmwise and anyone who wana read!
have started reading...
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Psalmwise(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
hmm
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kingphilip(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
thronekid:
Well done Theorbiters!

Harjibolar10, king Philip, prettydiva89, mhizashantee1, jezuzboi, psalmwise and anyone who wana read!
u billed for one when is urs coming up
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingphilip:
Mine's coming Up Tommorrow! I hope to stun You!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Tnx thronekid
skimpledawg, standd, olashas, stuff46 and jezuzboi
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingphilip:
Tommorrow unfailingly sire!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
thronekid:

Tommorrow unfailingly sire!

Happy birthday bro
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
marioking:

Happy birthday bro
A very big thanks Bro! God bless
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by harjibolar10(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
Me dey here befre shaa ooo

Psalm, you go enjoy this one oo
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kingphilip(m): 12:26am On Apr 11, 2015
thronekid:

Mine's coming Up Tommorrow! I hope to stun You!
I'll b waiting
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN- So much for a Bond.

Date: 27th March, 2015.
Time: 1829 Gmt+1 ( Counting ).

Irele hopped in the car after the Tuxxed cladded Man. She decided to occupy the back seat. Soon and fair enough, she was soon lost in thoughts. She mooted on the happenings that had dominated her existence for the past couple of Days. Just some hours to a fortnight ago, she was an hardworking lady of Twenty eight, staying away from guys, keeping a few minded-like friends and having the opportunity to call on her Mum attimes. But now, she knew better what she felt she was. Now, she was death, or atleast, a harbinger of death. She thought about the number of souls; some innocent; some otherwise, that she had ensured the eternal walk into the invisible Blues for. She felt she had experienced so much within the pasr days- Betrayal; Blood shed; mysteries and lot more. She heaped once again, the guity blame of her Family and friends on her existence. She felt really sorry about Tina's baby but well, such was Life, she thought.

The creepy feeling of downcastedness and failure had started crawling in but she, for the first time she could remember, was able to counter them. What could have made that a feat she could boast of acheiving, she knew was the imminent aroma of victory she felt she perceived around her.

She wondered what could have happened right now if she hadn't devised a Plan B when Daniel asked for the codes. Probably death, chaos and Blood puss littering around! She marvelled further at how she had been able to do what she did.
When she received the text containg the real codes, she was smart enough to delete the text within an heartbeat and thanks to her wittiness, she had a text consisting of a quack version of the codes. Hence, why Daniel had fell for it. She knew if he was a little bit composed than he was, he would have been skillful enough to find out the date of the text differed. Well, that was his headache. Right now, she was visiting the so-called President, to put the codes to a well deserved rest.

Imprmptly, she jerked forward as the car screeched to a halt. She had been gazing absent-mindedly through the Car's side mirror. Before she could ask why such a stupid display from the tuxxed Man, a Post sign caught her attention, it read, '100m Kms to Niger state'.
What? She knew she was in trouble.

Slowly but trying desperately and futilely to keep her calm and allay her fears, she turned towards the tuxxed Man. She gasped obliviously. He was pointing a Gun right at her skull.

"What's this, sir?" she managed to ask faintly and frightenedly. By now, she knew she was abashed in her sweats already. This was death.

"Call Me Miracle," he ignored her question. "Now, the codes!" he yelled and threw her a punch with his idle hand. It caught her right on her Jaw.

It was dusk already. The highway was getting sparsely crowded. Most hawkers and traders that would normally flood the highway were nowhere to be found. Lets call it election Scare.

Irele knew that was the end as blood dripped off her Jaw. She wasn't ready to hide anything anymore. She told him the actual codes. The real codes.

"It's not my fault, please, I beg you to understand," Daniel sobbed hard on his Knees. "It's not too late, give me this last chance, Please!" he continued much to the amazement of the Programmers.
"You failed, Daniel," Giwa spoke out, though calmly, sounded threatening to Daniel. "Its a pity!"

"Grrr grrr grrr grrr," his phone rang and he looked questionably at the Invisible being's face. He needed to be granted permission.

"Hello," he picked after being permitted.
"Sir, it's Miracle. I've the codes. I've Irele also," the caller told him.
"You have the codes from Irele? Irele again?" his eyes twinkled.
"Yes sir, She gave you the wrong code then,"
"Okay, call it out!" he ordered, his excitement rising gradually.

Quickly, his head Programmer keyed in the codes Daniel called out. Maybe, this was it.

"Now, put a hole through that Damned girl's head," he ordered.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2015

Irele's heart thumped hard and she felt her Body temperature rose. She heard Daniel's order. She would definitely say her Bye now.

Miracle grinned wickedly. This was it.

Irele closed her Eyes as she saw Miracle cocked the shot gun. She waited a long while the shot that never came. And suddenly, she heard the sound of a bullet. She definitely wasn' the recipient of the bullet. She wondered who pulled the trigger.

"Open your Eyes, Ma'am," she heard a masculine voice and she obeyed. It was a soldier. She looked around, they were everywhere. Miracle was lying in his own pool of blood with a shocked expression embedded on his irritating face. Her father had saved her again.

"Where's the President?" she asked.
"At an Hospital. He's in a critical situation," he replied.
"Please, take me there, now!"
"Okay," the soldier answered and he radioed in Headquarters, "We found her,".

Scorpion continued the speech he was taking on Daniel's behalf. Finally, he ended with, ''The meeting's cancelled,''.

Obviously irritated by whatever was happening, the occupants of the Hall trudged out angrily and in no minute, the Hall was as empty and silent as a Graveyard. Scorpion left the podium and sat on one of the leisure Couch that made up the hall. Several conflicting thoughts played on his intellects. He was torn between Power and Gratitude.

Daniel had always acted like a guardian angel to him after he picked him up. He had always been loyal to him also inorder to reciprocate his acts. But lately things were getting altered.

Daniel killed his Parents in his quest for wealth many years ago and he had known about it for some years ago but had decided to let it go. But lately, he would often find himself mooting over the issue. He found his heart yearning for vengeance always. Coupled with the power he knew the paper that got everything this way could wield, he was ready to take over the helm from Daniel. He felt he was destined for greatness too, afterall, he was the main Brain of everything.

He rose and proceeded to the Study. He knew he needed to be fast with everything.

Time: 1900hr

Daniel jaw opened in disgust. The call was still ongoing between He and Miracle and he heard virtually everything that happened.
"This Dam gets tougher every second," he thought and much to his relief, found out the Common men haunting spirits were gone.

"Lets' do it!" he yelled and the programmers scurried down quickly.

Chima looked at Daniel for confirmation and proceeded with the codes when Daniel nodded his head.

"Launching successful!" the Desktop displayed boldly. "Countdown: 02:30:00''.

Daniel went almost haywire. He couldn't believe it. So, this was it. He smiled and just then, he felt a cold metal on his Nape followed by a very familiar voice, "You don't want to move!"

Time: 1933 Gmt+1.

Irele squeezed her Dad's hand tenderly. He looked morose and quiet. She figured he must be going through a very difficult situation. She knew he was debating if to go the old way or the new way she told him about.

The President finally chosed a way, "I want Barrister Akintola Daniel to be arrested. They have just Thirty minutes," he ordered the Men around him.

Irele smiled inwardly. Her Dad had eventually chosen the right way. He was finally a Hero. One who defied all odds just to chose rightly.

Finally a Hero!

End Of Chapter Seventeen.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
kingphilip:
I'll b waiting
I just did, Sir. Hope I tried?

Harjibolar10, how U take see am?

Sir Larrysun, hope I tried? Now, U'll just have to round things up. It could be U, it could be Nellyme, it could be Nimen. I suggest Nellyme do it, atleast we've a female who's willing to help. Make he no be like say na only guys, abeg.

NellyMe, be ready!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by theorbiters: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nice one thronekid......
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
thronekid good job girl.. thanks
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Thronekid na female so?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ummuja:
Thronekid na female so?
Na Male, Ma'am. No mind Diva jare.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
thronekid:

I just did, Sir. Hope I tried?

Harjibolar10, how U take see am?

Sir Larrysun, hope I tried? Now, U'll just have to round things up. It could be U, it could be Nellyme, it could be Nimen. I suggest Nellyme do it, atleast we've a female who's willing to help. Make he no be like say na only guys, abeg.

NellyMe, be ready!

Am always ready...but u should knw am nat perfect ...am still a learner

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire. / Nairaland E-library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.