Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 (20153 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / 2015 Pre-collaboration (yearly Writers Collaboration Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
**CONTINUED**

"You fool!" Irele says slapping him

"You son of a biatch!" she says slapping him on the other cheek

She raises her hand to slap him again and he holds her hand

"You think its easy being the underpaid detective? You think its easy being an 'incorruptible detective' in Nigeria? Do you think its easy being a policeman in Nigeria?...."

He drops her hand

"You think your dad was corruption free? You think he made his money the clean way?..." tears struggles down his misty eyes as he catches it midway theough his skin and dries his misty eyes with his handkerchief

"You think your dad thought of anybody but himself?" he concludes

"You know what? fvck you, fvck the decisions you had to make, fvck your experience, cos you know now, i dunno you anymore, James, Your selfish decisions has cost us the red paper, i dunno what those signatures are for, but whatever it was for, it wasn't supposed to enter the wrong hands, and Barrister Daniel Akintola screams of the wrong hand, the codes on the other side of the paper are getting cracked now and soon we'll know what this craze is all about"

She makes to leave

"I know what the codes are" James says, Irele stops in her tracks and turns

"What?"

"They're co-ordinates to Uranium deposits in Ogoja, and a gold mine in Abraka"
Irele held herself from slapping him again

"So you handed nuclear codes to the devil?"

She says storming out of the appartment into Tess' car, shuts it and starts crying, how could it be? The one man she trusted, the brother she had, why is everything turning around? Why was everything turning sour? Why did she ever trust a man hundred percent again? This wasn't how it was supposed to end, she cleaned her eyes.

"Gold deposits in Abraka, who would have thought that" she pondered, she opened her bag for her eye liner, she pulls down the mirror in front of her and feigns a smile, then a picture of Tess, her friend and David as kids, he smiled, they looked cute together, David was not looking bad as a teenager. He wasn't looking as gruelsome as the man that brought this curse on her, her mind went back to the man that said.

"Help Tess please"

She shook visibly, that wasn't what he said, it was as if someone whispered in her ears and she shook when she remembered Daniel saying

"... I can't say the same for Samson and Tessy who would beg for this lives?"

She revved the engine to life just as James was coming out of the apartment, she zoomed off into the next street, she needed to get to Hopeville hospital and fast.

In minutes she was in the garage of Hopeville Hospitals, she rushed up the stairs into the ward where Samson was admitted, she opened the door to see Tina packing and Samson trying to wear his clothes, his right arm was in a sling a nurse was with them, Irele entered

"Oh irele, just in time, the hospital discharged us" Tess said beaming with smiles at Irele, who wriggles her nose.

"Do you percieve that?"
All three eyes turn to her

"What?" Samson asks

"The smell like a lighted match" Then it occurred to her, sulphur, fire, bombs, Daniel's threat

"Fvck shitt!" She yells

"A bomb!" It was as if it had exploded already cos the room was in pandemonium, the nurse threw away the tray of drugs prescribed for Samson.

"Both of you follow me now"
she commands
They both follow her as she runs down the stairs, she picks a stone used to support a door and slamming into every fire alarm or her way, before you could know it the hospital was ringing all over like a village primary school when they reached the lobby it was full of people were rushing out the front door, Irele stopped.

"You guys should leave, there are many incapacitated people in here, i have to help the nurse get then out before it explodes" She tells them

"No way, i'm not leaving without you" Samson says holding her arm

"Aww, so sweet of you, get out and into safety" Irele says a momentarily smiling curving her lips

"You're coming with us, you're supposed to guard the red paper"

Tessy cuts in, into the romance session

"The red paper isn't that important right now, you need to take him out, he can't help me you both go... Now" Irele says

Tessy draws Samson away from the lobby

"I love you" He mutters as he's draw away.

"I love you too" Irele says almost immediately and they both smiled as she climbed the stairs of the soon to be ruined edifice.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
Five minutes outside, no sign of the bomb, no sign of a fire, no sign of Irele people were still trooping out.

"Gawd! Where could she be" Samson says pacing around outside

"Hey calm..." Tessy was saying when the ground shook and ka boom! The hospital sank to the ground and the energy from the blast blew them across the road , they stood up dusting themselves.

"Irele! Irele!!" Samson shouted, running into the ruins, before seeing a smiling Irele dusting herself up and standing up, she couldn't help herself up Samson rushed to her hugging tightly, she returns the favour, he releases her and looks into her eyes, she breaks into a smile, he smiles too

"Hi" She says

"Hi stranger" He replies smiling

They both break into laughter and stopping abruptly.

"You smell nice" She said

"You look great with the dust all over your body" He replies, they both smile foolishly again.

The fire fighters had come to do their business the Red Cross van had just arrived, but in the middle of the commotion the two lovebirds held themselves, Irele not minding her throbbing right leg.

"I love you Irele" Samson said

"I love you too"

and not minding the bostling activity around them Tess looking for them and the dead and wounded being helped out of the rubble, an AIT correspondet was covering the disaster and somewhere in the screen behind her the two lovebirds stole the scene, they kissed and kissed till Tess found them.

"Get a room! Gosh!" She said smiling, they looked around, everybody was minding their business, pure water hawkers had come to sell, la-casera and gala too as Samson, Tessy and Irele hopped into the car and Tessy zoomed off!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
Chapter 12 continues abeg money calls
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
Its obvious I can't update my chapter tomorrow, Dyoungster readjust the time table...can't just use tonight to write, type and still update...not possible to me...tnx for understanding
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nimen(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
TIME: 16:00 GMT

"...Ka nwanyi a noro n'okpuru Abraham onye odubo gi ruo ebighebi"
The Priest says pouring a shovel of sand on the coffin

"Amen" Everybody choruses, as Irele takes the shovel, takes a mild quantity of the sand and pouring it in the grave.

The Priest starts a chant that everybody replies as he walks away from the grave, the altar boys follow in procession.

Irele couldn't take it anymore as her eyes grew misty and tears started rolling down her cheeks as the young men drowned the casket in drones of sand, Tessy was helping with the serving of food, Samson was organising the slaughtering of the goats for the families.

"Irele" Nakun calls out to her

"What again Nakun? What else can't i have peace during my mom's burial"

"You have to at least greet your guests" Nakun says

"Fvck them i need a drink" Irele retorts

"You have the whole evening to get drunk, just go greet the people from your late dad's company" Nakun was a collossal pain in the bvtt, but she'd organised this succesful burial with Samson when Irele said she wouldn't.
When she was through with greeting the people from her dad's company, giving excuses for her brother Charles, who wouldn't return from Rotherdam, because he was too 'busy' to make the flight home, she was about retiring to her room when her phone buzzed, she picked.

"You got it?" she asks

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into?" Mr. X replied from the other end of the line

"Have you got it?" she asked again

"Yes i cracked the codes, the algorhythm was old, as in Second World War old, so it was hard getting a software to crack it" Mr. X replied

"You're the best that's why i pay you" she says smiling

"They're co-ordinates for the location of Uranium deposits in Ogoja, a gold mine in Abraka and the rest are nuclear launch codes"

"You said the rest are what?" Irele asks again

"Nuclear launch codes" Irele ends the call

"Son of a biatch" she curses, limping into the room and seeing Samson there she mutters something to him and he storms off, going and getting James and dragging him into the room.

"You lied to me, you knew that the red paper had nuclear codes on it, you knew Daniel Akintola's greedy nature and you gave him the red paper" she said pointing her walking stick at him angrily, she was frightened, she'd lost one thing and it seemed like her purpose on earth, she had failed, she had failed her God, herself and her nation

"Yeah in exchange for your life, can i go now" James said

"You're never to come near me, my family or any of my friends again, kapish? If i do see you near me i'll kill you uncle, i will" Irele looked determined and when she mentioned the word 'kill' she looked like she had a steel heart

James leaves an angry Irele

Tessy walks in

"Hope no problem?" she asks

"There is, we're getting the red paper back"

"Why? Thought we were going to leave the greedy man to his money?" Tess queries

"Its not about the money anymore" Irele answers telling them the contents of the red paper, they were dumbfounded when they heard about it.

"We have to enroll for target practice" Tessy says, hands akimbo

"I know just the person to meet for that" Samson replies

**END OF CHAPTER 12**
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2015
**CONTINUATION OF CHAPTER 12**

WRITTEN AND SUBMITTED BY KINWAYNE. CHIKERE KINGSLEY (chikerelance@gmail.com 08114957127)

TIME: 16:20 GMT

'irele you're insane! All of you, all gone mad! You want to go get back the Red paper from Daniel Akintola? That's madness and suicidal! Simply stupidity' Detective James spoke out, joining them back in the room as he took a sit on a sofa in the room.

'Oh! Now you know its a suicide mission? I guess you didn't think about that before you negotiated and handed over the Red paper to Daniel' Irele retorted.

James face shone with frustration.

'Please Irele, stop acting stubborn here, everything I did, I did for you. I swear, all my actions and deeds, I never meant any harm, please understand. I did it to save your life' James pleaded.

Tess and Samson both kept mute, watching with hands akimbo, the dialogue between Irele and James.

'Am sorry, but there wouldn't be any life worth living if we don't get back the Red paper from Daniel. We're talking about nuclear launch codes here. The lives of over 170 million people are at stake here. Pretty sure Daniel won't hesitate to launch the nuclear warheads in his quest to create a new state order. And frankly, if you never intended any harm, then am sure you would be willing to help me get back the Red paper from Daniel.' Irele uttered, beaming with full confidence.

'But..?' Detective James tried saying something but was cut off by Irele.

'No But''s!. From now on we do things on my terms' Irele croaked bossily.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by stuff46(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2015
My nigga
Skimpledawg:

tho am la8! mehn, dz is bomb! anytym i read a piece 4rm dt Larrysun guy, my dictionary is alwz close! Guy is tyt...
stuff46, u made me proud niqqa..
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
TIME: 17:00GMT

Barrister Daniel Akintola paced up and down his spacious and well furnished study room which was quite hidden architecturally away from the main mansion.

In here housed his study books, computer systems, learning aides, and an amazing collection of different varieties of awards he had won in his career run which portrayed how a successful and well established legal practitioner he had become, such as the award of the youngest barrister as at back then, awards for winning over a hundred law suites in court in a row without losing one. That was how successful He was.

But all that didn't Matter to him now. That was all an affront. In here in his study room was were Daniel's darkest and most secret activities took place.

The clicking and tapping of computer keyboards could be heard inside the study room, as Daniel had employed the services of a team of elite IT tech gurus to crack the codes imprinted on the back of the Red paper.

'Sir!' The leader of the techies called out to Daniel. 'I think we may have some lead here' he added, while Daniel hurriedly made his way towards him.

'Tell me what you've got!' Daniel commanded.

'Well Sir, the first and second codes point to stashed uranium and a certain goldmine in Abraka and Ogoja respectively but we're still yet to crack the third and last code, though I assure you its nothing to worry about. We're ontop of the...'

'And what the hell am I supposed to do with uranium and the goddamn goldmine? Do you see me as a poor wretcher?' Daniel ranted, bringing out a pistol from his back pants as he cocked it and fired a shot upwards the ceiling.

He turned to the leader of the IT team. 'Now boy! You would go sit back in that chair and in thirty minutes, bring me back results!' He yelled, firing another shot upwards to thin air, while the IT leader scampered back to his seat in fright.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, He thought. Why the hell was he paying them when they couldn't crack a simple code. He could vividly remember TCM-13 decades ago, put continuous emphasis on the third code. Something like the third code carried the only means in bringing world order, stability and power in the country. He so needed to know what the third code represented badly and fast. Time was not a luxury he could spend anymore.

Ofcourse he now has the Red paper which carried its main contents; The signatures of the previous Common Men, but then, the Red paper also contained three codes imprinted at the back. The signatures alone of the common men was useless without those three codes, and the three codes were useless without the signatures. They both worked hand in hand.

Just that moment his phone buzzed, indicating a received message. He took a glance at the screen to see the sender. It was no other person but Irele.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
LOCATION: AIRPORT ROAD, MURTALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT. LAGOS NIGERIA.
TIME: 23:00 GMT

Samson, Tess, Irele and Detective James all sat in a hired 2012 Toyota camry, as they cruised away from the airport which they arrived minutes ago, with James behind the wheel.

'I still think this is uncalled for, for crying out loud we're driving straight to our own deaths! How worse could things get, I still think you should have a rethink at this Irele, Please' He pleaded.

Irele was about replying James when Tess responded.

'James, I do understand the good in all you've done for us so far but I know you would never understand the pain therein having your brother after dieing for something he protected with his whole life gets into the wrong hands. Put yourself in my shoes, am sure you would risk anything and everything to get back the Red paper' Tess said, breaking down into tears as she spoke, while samson consoled her.

'Look, I just sent a message to Daniel. We've gone far enough to back down now. We're already in this' Irele muttered.

'What?! What message did you send to Daniel?' James asked inquisitively.

'I texted him, telling him to be alert of our coming as we're coming to get back the Red paper from him' Irele replied, with smiles plastered on her face.

'How could you? Do you know what you've just done? You've just endangered all our lives' James uttered angrily.

'Well, that's exactly what am banking on. You've got to trust me on this. I have it all mapped out.' Irele responded smiling with all her 32 shown out like the donkey in the movie "Shriek".

END OF CHAPTER 12.
(08114957127)

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kenwins(f): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
U guyz r d bomb!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by hassan85(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
Realy enjoy d cordinatn and understanding u al are putin on. Its great team work so far. Keep it up all. yea its great flow so far. Kudos

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
kenwins:
U guyz r d bomb!
me abi?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Abosi31(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Wait for it.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
this is a great job, i love the fact that its different people who writes it and it shows little difference.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 4:53am On Mar 25, 2015
I will post my chapter today. Actually before the end of the day...so the next writer should take note...tnx for understanding
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2015
oga dygeasy, plz dt update posted by ashtonm.cqueen, is it part of d story? my brain is turnin hia o
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2015
@ Ashtonmcqueen.. Please kindly take down your post.. It's in no related to the collaboration series and besides you are not on the timetable.. Thanks for understanding
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
no its nt among...il remove it now...sorry if i disturbed your writing process.. its fantastic by the way.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
so when are you guys going to write the next one and can anyone still join?.....
dis is confusing ow does one create a thread on NL
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:
so when are you guys going to write the next one and can anyone still join?.....
dis is confusing ow does one create a thread on NL
You can Bro, dat short line was terrific!
Cc: Dyoungstar

For dat thread matter, go d section, U go see stuffs like mail Mod, Create topic, etc, U jiust click on Create topic. Unlolke the normal post, U"ll input the topic first and scroll downward to key in your first post, get it?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Abosi31(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
My turn. Eh? Its Wednesday.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
thronekid:

You can Bro, dat short line was terrific!
Cc: Dyoungstar

For dat thread matter, go d section, U go see stuffs like mail Mod, Create topic, etc, U jiust click on Create topic. Unlolke the normal post, U"ll input the topic first and scroll downward to key in your first post, get it?

thanks a lot @ throne kid i have found it.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Written and Submitted by nellyme aka Queennelly
25th March, 2015.

TITTLE__--__ Just a Tale...a wild goose chase

'What do you mean the code is not cracked yet?' Daniel leaned across leader of the IT team's desk, his hand tripping a stack of papers, scattering them to the floor.
His expression placid, the leader ran a hand over his thinning gray hair, adjusted his tie and straightened his shoulders. 'Sir, you should understand that we are not the machine, but we are really trying....' Before he could finish his statement, Daniel shot him twice and he slumped and rolled on the floor. 'Now listen all of you, by the time I return here in the next 30 seconds, I want to be welcomed with a result.' He said and walked out aggressively.

He'd bought the lie. It had been a spur of the moment fib born from desperation, but now that she'd made the claim, there was no turning back. Irele was not yet convinced on how to retrieve the document but she had lied to her uncle that she had a plan. All she did was acting on impulse and instinct not with reasoning as a rational being. After their arrival at the airport and once she had called her friend Tina to stay put at home to wait for them, she had confidence that as time goes on she will have a plan.

Tina sat in silence at her living room for a few minutes in wait for Irele's arrival. She took a book that she'd bought out of her bag, by LarrySun. She opened it at the beginning and began to read. Tina stopped reading as the door bell rang. She'd reached the third chapter of 'Black Maria', the chapter where Peter Black discovered that the new occupants of his father's house had cemented the whole compound thereby trapping his parents to earth. She folded the page to enable her know where she stopped as she walked and opened the door. She'd more or less expected to see Irele and James but she hadn't expected to see the guy and the lady. She frowned slightly as she tried to work out the implications of what she was seeing, she was surprised.
'Helo, Irele. James,' she said and nodded towards Tess and Samson's direction.
'Tina.' Irele was the one who reacted first.
'Please come in and be seated'.
They all walked into her living room and sat down. Irele informed Tina about the reason she returned back to Lagos after her mother's burial. Tina apologized for not been in attendance and gave her condolence. After the story, they decided to get to work immediately so as not to give Daniel opportunity to decipher the codes. Irele and James were assigned to Daniel's office and Tess with Samson were to check out his house. Their aim was to know the exact location of the document. Immediately Tess and Samson left with the car they came with, Irele and James also drove off with Tina's car. Tina was alone in the house, she went up to her room and switched on her computer. She opened the web browser and typed in the word 'Uranium'. There was a great deal of information and lots of different stories, but all of it came down to the same thing. Nobody knew. Nobody could be sure. Nobody could predict where it could be found.
'Why?' She muttered as she leaned her head against the screen. She felt for her friend Irele because it all seems they are on a wild goose chase.

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Abosi31:
My turn. Eh? Its Wednesday.

Yea its supposed to be but due to the delay I am , sorry...
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 11:26pm On Mar 25, 2015

Daniel needed to get back home. He couldn't stay in the office all day, worrying about the code. He had left home since a week now. He needed a good bath, a good meal and a good sleep. He walked out of the office, locked it and walked down the stairs to his car and zoomed off. He was almost home when he remembered that the clothes he wore throughout the week which he planned to give to his cleaner was at the office. He reversed his car and headed back to the office.

Irele and James arrived and walked inside the building which housed many offices. They didn't know the exact location of Daniel's office. They got to the reception and James spoke up.
'Good day lady,' he greeted the receptionist and then flipped open his I.D. 'We are here on an investigation, kindly direct us to the office of Mr. Daniel Akintola.'
'Okay sir. I hope no problem?' She inquired.
'No problem.' He replied.
She gave them the directions and he thanked her for her co-operation. He inserted his I.D back to his pocket to create a mental picture of diligent attribute in the heart of the receptionist as they walked purposely towards Daniel's office. James brought out his tools and cracked the door open. They walked in and immediately started the search. They searched everywhere but found nothing. Just as they had concluded that the document was not stored in the office, they prepared to leave but then the door opened and someone walked in.
"Well, well, well , what do we have here" Daniel said with a smirk on his face as he stepped into his office. James flinched and drew Irele closer to himself. Evidently his protective instinct kicked in. He swore to save her even at the verge of death.
Daniel stared at them for a while, retrieved his gun and pointed it towards them ready to release fire which will take the life of any one among the duo. He recognized Irele immediately even though her face was quite hidden behind her uncle.
'What have you done with the codes? James asked. 'You cannot tell me you will kill me just like that and not be caught?'
'Can't I?' Daniel asked silkily. 'I can do anything I please. I am master of my own'. He laughed deep in his throat, reached out the gun and pointed it on his forehead, but James shrugged and spat out. 'Damn you to hell,'.
'That's it!' Daniel exploded. Don't say I didn't warn you.' He hit him twice on the face with the gun which instantenously blinded him and he lost conscious. James staggered and his hold on Irele was loosed, she sprawled on the ground with a thud. She felt a stark of pain around her left hand ankle. Immediately she bolted for the door but Daniel reached out strong hands to take her by the shoulder, but she shrugged from him and ran. She didn't know what else to do and had no other option.

Irele ran out of the office and headed towards the corner where they parked Tina's car. She was so thankful that she had keys but was disturbed about the fate of her uncle in the hands of the monster named Daniel. Her hands shaked as she inserted the key to the car and unfortunately the ignition failed to start. Just then, Daniel ran out of his office as well and strode purposely towards her. He shot, aimed to destroy the tires so she won't be able to drive out. Luck seems to be on her side because just then the car started and she drove with all her might out of the vicinity. Daniel swore under his breadth as he watched her leave. He ran back into the house.

James could hear footsteps outside. He knew he wasn't living some sort of dream, but what he didn't know was exactly where he was and why. He was not quite ready to open his eyes yet because really that would take far too much effort. He was incredibly tired. His arms and legs were too heavy to lift and he simply didn't have the energy to make the effort. He felt bad about this because he knew that he should at least try. But he didn't want to. He knew too, that......that....... He struggled to remember, and at last it came to him. Irele! He sprung up on his feet unsteadily just as the door opened and Daniel walked in, and this time his face was filled with rage.
'Where is my sister?' He asked.
'She escaped.' Daniel answered matter of factly.
'What have you done with the codes? James asked. 'You cannot tell me you will kill me just like that and not be caught?'
Daniel ignored him and asked him 'How can I decipher the third code?'
James stared at him continually with an empty expression. This act raged Daniel, he cocked the gun and shot his left leg. James cried out in pain but still remained silent. He asked him the same question over and over again but his refusal to answer nor to say not even a word perplexed him, he shot him again at the same spot. The pain was intense on James, he fell on the floor and blood spilled all over the room. He felt faint after some minutes and all he could remember before he blacked out was the face of the man who is intent on sniffing his dear life. And just then he lost consciousness again and embraced the darkness.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by nellyme(f): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2015

Tina was extremely worried. They'd said that they'd be home anytime soon and it was now ten o'clock. She couldn't think of a single explanation for this. She'd turned on the news earlier to see if there had been anything about accidents on the road but there had been nothing. She sat nervously at the living room. Before they left, James had strictly warned her to stay indoors and await their return. But now, she was scared and hysterical.

She paced around the tiny living room, willing them to come home, squeezing her eyes tightly closed and visualizing her car pulling up in front of her house. When she finally did hear an engine, she knew it was her car. She ran outside, flung open the door just as Irele stepped out of the car alone.

'What kept you so long and where is uncle James?' She inquired. Irele was speechless because she didn't have the right words to say. She was visibly shaken by the incident coupled with the fact that her uncle is still a victim in the hands of Daniel.

On a closer look, Tina noticed a great change in Irele's outfit. Her hair was disorganized and a dirt lay evidently on her short blue gown. She was barefooted and she held her left hand as if it will fall if she were to let it go. Tina got worried the more and led her inside the house. She felt Irele's body shivering as she whimpered quietly. Once inside the house, Irele gathered up strength to tell her all that happened.

After describing all to Tina, Irele felt better. She sat quietly to think out what next to do. She dipped her hand into her jean pocket and felt something inside. She slipped out a phone, her uncle's phone. Unknowingly he had slipped it when Daniel walked into his office. She went through his dialed calls and a name got her attention. She dialed the number and at the second ring, the call was answered.
'Hello. Mr. Peter,'. Please help me, my uncle's life is at stake.
'What is the problem? Where are you? I guess you are Irele.' Peter said.
'I am Irele and can only tell you better when we see.' My uncle trusted you, so I can trust you as well'
'Okay. You can come to the station."
'Thank you sir.' She said as she ended the call.
She informed Tina that she will be going back to Portharcourt because she had no other choice and she knew nobody to confide to here at Lagos. Just as she was about to go into the room to pack her bags her phone rang. She retrieved it from the back pocket of her jeans, the caller I.D showed Samson. She picked it up immediately.

'Is that Irele?' The voice at the other end was nervous.
'Yes'
'There had been an accident and your number was the last the owner of the phone dialed, please can you come to LASUTH to identify the body.
Irele felt her grip on the phone tighten so much she thought she was going to shatter it. She felt dumb and tears rolled down her eyes. She felt heavy and her leg unable to carry her, she slumped and fainted. Tina rushed to hold her but she was too late. She has already rolled to the floor.

END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by LarrySun(m): 12:19am On Mar 26, 2015
Nice work. You guys are awesome!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 26, 2015
LarrySun:
Nice work. You guys are awesome!
Sir Larry, would U kindly help Read and criticize this story? Here's d link
https://www.nairaland.com/2193676/strings-webs
Thanks sire
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by LarrySun(m): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
thronekid:

Sir Larry, would U kindly help Read and criticize this story? Here's d link
https://www.nairaland.com/2193676/strings-webs
Thanks sire
Okay, sir. I will asap.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
LarrySun:
Okay, sir. I will asap.
Thanks Sire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire. / Nairaland E-library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.