Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,595 members, 7,830,824 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians (1087 Views)

Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili / Cloning: The New Scheme Of APC To Deceive Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by metronaija: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation has raised the alarm about reports of a fake Abubakar Shekau (Boko Haram leader) allegedly being paraded by the Federal Government, which it says the government intends to use to create an impression that it is winning the war on terrorism.

It said credible sources had alerted the APC that the fake Shekau might become a tool to blackmail members of the opposition “by coaching the phantom terror chief” to say he was working for the opposition party candidate, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), in order to link its presidential candidate to terrorism as it had attempted but failed in the past.

A statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APCOPC, Malam Garba Shehu, wondered where the “new Shekau” would come from after government, at several times in the past, announced that it had killed the insurgents’ leader.

“The charge to the military, that they should catch Shekau alive by the President in the last 24 hours, lends credence to the report that indeed a fake Shekau is about being created,” it said.

The statement noted that “the profile of the leader of the insurgents, Shekau, of a dedicated ideologue,” presupposed that the man was not likely to allow himself to be caught alive.

“It is both contradictory to the ideology he preaches and the psychological profile that the world has of him that Shekau would allow himself to be caught alive,” the statement said.

The APCPCO recalled that the attack in Kaduna, on the party’s presidential candidate, was believed by most Nigerians that it was perpetrated by the Boko Haram.

It added, “The police that are constitutionally empowered to investigate and report on such incidents have not contradicted the widespread belief that this was a Boko Haram’s attack.

“The view of the APC is that it does not make sense for General Muhammadu Buhari to be in league with, or be associated in any way with people who have set out to kill him.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/president-jonathans-government-planning.html
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Trut(m): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
APC = Boko Haram

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Akinsz: 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
You can fool people most of the time, but you can't fool people all the time.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
so APC knows the real Shekau?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
Waiting for the fake Shekau to be capture...
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by rusher14: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
metronaija:

The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation has raised the alarm about reports of a fake Abubakar Shekau (Boko Haram leader) allegedly being paraded by the Federal Government, which it says the government intends to use to create an impression that it is winning the war on terrorism.

It said credible sources had alerted the APC that the fake Shekau might become a tool to blackmail members of the opposition “by coaching the phantom terror chief” to say he was working for the opposition party candidate, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), in order to link its presidential candidate to terrorism as it had attempted but failed in the past.

A statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APCOPC, Malam Garba Shehu, wondered where the “new Shekau” would come from after government, at several times in the past, announced that it had killed the insurgents’ leader.

“The charge to the military, that they should catch Shekau alive by the President in the last 24 hours, lends credence to the report that indeed a fake Shekau is about being created,” it said.

The statement noted that “the profile of the leader of the insurgents, Shekau, of a dedicated ideologue,” presupposed that the man was not likely to allow himself to be caught alive.

“It is both contradictory to the ideology he preaches and the psychological profile that the world has of him that Shekau would allow himself to be caught alive,” the statement said.

The APCPCO recalled that the attack in Kaduna, on the party’s presidential candidate, was believed by most Nigerians that it was perpetrated by the Boko Haram.

It added, “The police that are constitutionally empowered to investigate and report on such incidents have not contradicted the widespread belief that this was a Boko Haram’s attack.

“The view of the APC is that it does not make sense for General Muhammadu Buhari to be in league with, or be associated in any way with people who have set out to kill him.”

Personally, I don't think they'll present the fake Shekau.

I think they'll announce his capture with video (lights, camera, action) and all but claim for the sensitive nature of his crimes he'll, be interrogated by the DSS so there'll be nothing from his end till the elections are over.

Once in a while the security agencies would release press staments and innuendos.

The idea would be to hoodwink the gullible (and Lord knows there are many out there there) who would buy into this 'victory'.

This is meant to shore up the presidents approval rating and hopefully win him a second term.

Lights, Camera and Action!!
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by bboshodi: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
PDP are capable of doing so. I can't wait for this Jona led govt to be sent out.

Bunch of Criminals.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thought Shekau is dead, so I wonder where they will see the new shekau.
This brought the issue of Bola Ige to mind, the way the whole thing was covered up, I can remember vividly when they announced some guys has been captured and they even went ahead to show their interrogation on TV, yet nothing came out of it all.
FG better not try any silly stunt this time around, 6weeks it is and we are patiently waiting for results.
PDP, has been destroying Nigeria since 1999!!!
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
What does APC think this sort of news do for Soldiers morale?

Nigeria is at war against a very violent terrorist and APC seems to be willing to play politics with everything

This party stands for nothing and have no shame. such a disgrace!

There are red lines on politics that should not be crossed and APC seems willing to cross those lines!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by jdilight(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
metronaija:

Please tell us also where the plastic surgery was made during the creation.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by quixotic: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
suddenly the government needs 6weeks to end boko haram. Suddenly the army says without pictures they are winning the war. Suddenly the army says they want to capture shekau alive 5weeks to the elections. Suddenly jonathan says shekau will be captured before the elections. And some people will say jonathan did not have motives. They must really think we are stupíd if they carry out this plan. If they catch shekau, he should fírst tell them where the chîbok girls are. A shekau who cannot give us back the CHIBOK GIRLS ís a politícal and an election shekau
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by richol(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
meaning they(apc) know the real shekau...but deres no sense in this post cos the real shekau will still show face.by the way, no pics no truth.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by nzeadachie: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
STORY STORY STORY, MAKE BUHARI NO RUN OOOO
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by D9ty7(m): 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
I swear, APC is getting it wrong. Are they saying if the millitary end up arresting the real Shekau who they know more than everyone else, he will still be fake cos they desperately want failure on the part of the Jonathan led administration. What is this doing to the morale of the soldiers fighting the war? Boosting it right? They must be mad.
APC keeps saying thrash, rather than pray that God deliver Nigeria from the hands of shecow and his goons, they are planning on how to end boko haram after May 29. What if the so-called boko haram attacks any of them, even tho no one prays for such. How will they fight insurgency? Who will fight it?
One message to the APC, Nigeria first before the presidency.
Another thing that APC needs to think about is, even if the millitary parades a fake shecow, won't the real shecow show face? Abi these people are mad ni? What on earth do they take us for? Fools? We are not.
I have stopped believing anything that comes out of APC right from the time the party came into existence.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by D9ty7(m): 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
quixotic:
suddenly the government needs 6weeks to end boko haram. Suddenly the army says without pictures they are winning the war. Suddenly the army says they want to capture shekau alive 5weeks to the elections. Suddenly jonathan says shekau will be captured before the elections. And some people will say jonathan did not have motives. They must really think we are stupíd if they carry out this plan. If they catch shekau, he should fírst tell them where the chîbok girls are. A shekau who cannot give us back the CHIBOK GIRLS ís a politícal and an election shekau
And when they gave you picture then, was there improvement?
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by jumobi1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
And the real Shekau will play along rather than try to embarrass a government he so hates?
Who ever is behind this story should try again.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Ahmed4002(m): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
The story below reached us this morning (23/02/2015). It came from one of our reliable sources in Nigeria. It is one of the most disturbing stories that we have yet received. Read it and make your own judgement!

“I have it on a strong ground that there is a plan to capture a Shekau before the week to elections. And the captured Shekau who is currently undergoing training on what to say and do will mention Buhari as one of their core sponsors. The target according to the source is to discourage Southern voters and the Northern Christians (from liking Buhari). The confession is alleged to be so perfectly planned that Buhari may even be arrested and even those who love him may think twice (about his sincerity). The sum of 4.5 billion Naira is purportedly budgeted. The purpose of this budget I am told is for bribing some Northern clerics so when the time comes, they will pacify their followers (to reject Buhari as he is BoKo Haram sponsor). There will purportedly be audio of phone calls (between Buhari and the Boko Haram leaders). Buhari will not be able to sue the government since it will be an arranged confession of a captured terrorist. Now, I am not saying this (leak) is true. But knowing how desperate these PDP people are, they can do just anything to get Buhari out of the way. Honestly, I am deeply, deeply, deeply, worried. In fact, I am troubled. Kindly share this and let the world know about this evil machination of the PDP before it is too late. Kindly do it. The person who gave me this information is an Intelligence officer with the Army. He looks worried too.”

May God save Nigeria and Nigerians. Amen.

Dr. Idris Ahmed.
https://twitter.com/CUPS_nigeria
https://www./cupsnigeria/
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dr-idris-ahmed/34/628/71b
23/02/2015.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by nzeadachie: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ahmed4002:
The story below reached us this morning (23/02/2015). It came from one of our reliable sources in Nigeria. It is one of the most disturbing stories that we have yet received. Read it and make your own judgement!

“I have it on a strong ground that there is a plan to capture a Shekau before the week to elections. And the captured Shekau who is currently undergoing training on what to say and do will mention Buhari as one of their core sponsors. The target according to the source is to discourage Southern voters and the Northern Christians (from liking Buhari). The confession is alleged to be so perfectly planned that Buhari may even be arrested and even those who love him may think twice (about his sincerity). The sum of 4.5 billion Naira is purportedly budgeted. The purpose of this budget I am told is for bribing some Northern clerics so when the time comes, they will pacify their followers (to reject Buhari as he is BoKo Haram sponsor). There will purportedly be audio of phone calls (between Buhari and the Boko Haram leaders). Buhari will not be able to sue the government since it will be an arranged confession of a captured terrorist. Now, I am not saying this (leak) is true. But knowing how desperate these PDP people are, they can do just anything to get Buhari out of the way. Honestly, I am deeply, deeply, deeply, worried. In fact, I am troubled. Kindly share this and let the world know about this evil machination of the PDP before it is too late. Kindly do it. The person who gave me this information is an Intelligence officer with the Army. He looks worried too.”

May God save Nigeria and Nigerians. Amen.

Dr. Idris Ahmed.
https://twitter.com/CUPS_nigeria
https://www./cupsnigeria/
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dr-idris-ahmed/34/628/71b
23/02/2015.

Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by duality(m): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
No Problem, when they capture the shekau, APC will help us identify him.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by worthytalk: 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
These APC guys are so pathetic. I think APC knows something we don't know. Let me ask APC supporters, where will the real shekeau be while Jonathan parades a fake shekeau? Or are they admitting that shekeau was killed? I think the answers will present themselves as future events unfold themselves.
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by tobechi20(m): 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
worthytalk:
These APC guys are so pathetic. I think APC knows something we don't know. Let me ask APC supporters, where will the real shekeau be while Jonathan parades a fake shekeau? Or are they admitting that shekeau was killed? I think the answers will present themselves as future events unfold themselves.

do apc want bokoharam to be wiped off ?
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
To be candid this postponement of election based on security challenge is very suspicious. Did they just realise Nigeria has security issue..? And all of a sudden they need six weeks to tackle boko haram and arrest shekau. What are they gon do in this six weeks that they haven't or weren't doing years ago that BH has been bedeviling our security? Its a question we should ponder on. What do they plan to do differently? Isn't this a suspicious move? And now we hear GEJ saying with all assurance and confidence that shekau would be arrested very soon b4 d election! Why is he so confident?! Of course something is cooking at aso rock atm!

In fact, Why do everything av to happen within this six weeks?!!!

Nigerians beware! Think!
Re: Jonathan's Government Planning To ‘create’ Fake Shekau To Deceive Nigerians by Dannyset(m): 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
Haaaaa! My APC is already dulling. @PDPNigeria is planning beyond that oo. They want to even implicate Buhari wit this script too.
U better raise alarm now before Mr Desperado(Jona) do something funnier.

(1) (Reply)

Pvc Card Vin Numbers Is Been Collected In Awka Anambra State Now / Hurrrrray Willie Is Working. Willie Is One Year In Office Today... Anambra State / 32 Failed Promises Of President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.