Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying (1147 Views)

Twelve Clues To Spot H0’RNY Women Instantly *and Take One Home* / Twelve Clues To Spot H0’RNY Women Instantly *and Take One Home* / Lady Steps On Guy Lying Flat: Is This Love Or Stupidity ? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by iconzmagazine(m): 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
1. Is her face giving it away?

You may think a smile can easily disguise your true feelings, but the expressions that flash across a liar’s face will give away what she’s really thinking—whether she knows it or not. Experts advise paying close attention to hard-to-hide micro-expressions; these clues are often so difficult to detect that even trained experts have trouble discerning them. But you may be able to spot a liar by the red color on her cheeks, since anxiety can cause people to blush. Other indicators of lying? Flared nostrils, lip nibbling, deep breathing, and rapid blinking, which hint that the brain is working overtime.

2. Does the body language follow the story?

It’s more important to examine a person’s entire demeanor, as there’s no one feature that’s apt to give away a liar. Honesty is characterized by features that are in sync with one another—so besides posture, note the fit between face, body, voice, and speech. Like an animal avoiding detection, a liar may pull his arms and legs inward or keep his movements to a minimum—anything to appear smaller. Liars often shove their hands behind their back because those fidgety digits might give them away.

3. How is the person smiling?
A smile can sometimes mask a person’s true feelings. Pay close attention to how a person smiles as well as other facial movements. You may be able to detect the emotions he or she is trying to hide—such as fear, anger, and disgust. A true smile will incorporate both a person’s lips and eyes.

4. How is the person speaking?
Although a change in voice can be the tip-off to spot a liar, experts say that to be sure, you should also pay attention to a person’s speech rate and breathing pattern—if either speeds up or slows down, chances are you’re not hearing the whole truth.
5. What is the person saying?
Liars tend to avoid exclusionary words like “but,” “nor,” “except,” and “whereas,” because they have trouble with complex thought processes. Also, they are less likely to use the words “I,” “me,” and “mine.” In their attempts to distance themselves psychologically from their tall tales, liars will tend to communicate using fewer personal pronouns.

6. Is your subject behaving uncharacteristically?
Experts believe changes in a person’s baseline—how she generally conducts herself—are worthy of your attention. You should weigh rate of speech, tone of voice, posture, and hand gestures against what you know, along with the context of the situation. When your husband says “I loved the tie you bought me” while he’s wearing a tight smile that doesn’t reach his eyes, expect to see him in a turtleneck.
7. Is the question simple or embarrassing?
It’s normal for someone to look away when asked a difficult question. But when someone avoids your gaze when asked a simple question, you should be suspicious.

visit our website on the signature for more exciting articles!

1 Like

Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
Girls are very good at lying eh. Chaiii.

1 Like

Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Tashaamania(f): 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
And who has the time to notice all these things?
Hian!

1 Like

Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by iconzmagazine(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
hector very true! but the theory works ryt?
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by iconzmagazine(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
tasha if you love your spouse u will! u have to equip yourself. grin
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Tashaamania(f): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
Girls are very good at lying eh. Chaiii.
see Mr. Lienus himself
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Cutehector(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tashaamania:

see Mr. Lienus himself undecided
ok tel me one lie dat I hav told
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by djeezy(m): 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
Op we are in a modern world. I'll juz buy a godamn lie detector! grin
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by cutieepearl(f): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
djeezy:
Op we are in a modern world. I'll juz buy a godamn lie detector! grin
Nd wat if dat freaking detector caught u instead
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by MKO4ever(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
okay
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by djeezy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
cutieepearl:

Nd wat if dat freaking detector caught u instead
She can't use mine on me. Let her goan buy her own.
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Vision4God: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
I've met a couple dat lie so much to d extent u bgin 2 wonder & ask 'hu are de deceiving'
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by cutieepearl(f): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
djeezy:
She can't use mine on me. Let her goan buy her own.

Lol...u wicked no be small o
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Mathematical(f): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
Just this? You're a perpetual learner.. you've not seen a trustful liar shocked
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by xynerise: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bedmatic lie detector also works
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by djeezy(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
cutieepearl:

Lol...u wicked no be small o
hehehe. wink
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by cutieepearl(f): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
djeezy:
hehehe. wink
Hahaha grin
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by auntymi(f): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Thread for lienus to master their skills
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by Ewizard(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
u wan lie?? see bed!

shikenan!
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by cutieepearl(f): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
djeezy:
hehehe. wink
See yhu
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by kiki1000(m): 12:08am On Feb 25, 2015
No 7 works for me, I use it alot
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by iconzmagazine(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2015
hehehehe grin grin
Re: 7 Clues To Tell Your Spouse Is Lying by haroldrich: 11:46am On Feb 25, 2015
Google pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.jobspase.com

----------------------------------------------------

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Foreign Ladies Should Not Date Searching4love!!! / She Loves Him So Much But He Is Afraid To Marry Her....help!!! / Where Can I Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.