Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? (5311 Views)

Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? / PDP Mistook Lilliputians, Dwarfs For Underaged Voters – APC / 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Rexyl(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
Both parties have their strengths and weaknesses. Both Gej and Gmb may end up being the same thing.

Some voters are for Jonathan
Some are for Buhari
Many have no interest in both

To me if implementation of report of the national conference is the way forward for Nigerians. I would go that ... the MAN who will ensure its sincere implementation is the choice.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
But thats the point, TRUST! He is running on one huge trust deficit, the man has proven he cant be trusted one bit. He bellows from both sides of his mouth. From the promise of gettin refineries to work to that of saying he wont recontest & to givin stable electricity. Then he will still turn around & yell he never promised anything. Also recall all the committees' reports that have stacked up under him. Believe Jonathan & you'l bliv anything.....

Rexyl:
Both parties have their strengths and weaknesses. Both Gej and Gmb may end up being the same thing.

Some are for Buhari

To me if implementation of report of the national conference is the way forward for Nigerians. I would go that ... the MAN who will ensure its sincere implementation is the choice.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
queensmith:

How do you donate?
you can visit www.apcgmbpyo.org You can donate via your ATM.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Mclement: 2:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
for me and household in Oyo state, it is Jonathan at the Federal level and Ladoja accord at the state level. ;Dfor me and household in Oyo state, it is Jonathan at the Federal level and Ladoja accord at the state level.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Me and my household signing in from Ogun, will surely vote for GEJ.

GEJ till 19mgbenwa!
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Me and my household signing in from Ogun, will surely vote for GEJ.

GEJ till 20mgbenwa!
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
gabriel212:
kosi BUHARI kosi BOO
The only language i inderstand as at today is
GMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Haywhymido(m): 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
sai baba sai buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Haywhymido:
sai baba sai buhari.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by mrmetoo1: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Live in Lagos, from Sagamu.

Buhari all the way!! Not one family member and friend I know from the sw that's voting GEJ

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Live in Lagos, from Sagamu.

Buhari all the way!! Not one family member and friend I know from the sw that's voting GEJ
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by PaulJohn1: 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
I'll speak for Osun, Ibadan and Lagos. Very familiar with the 2states and city

Seems Osun is for the general. The people of the state have shown in recent times they're for any party but PDP. When sympathy votes from the SW states favoured GEJ in 2011, majority of Osun voters didn't buy into this sentiment and sympathy. And this time that it's believed that the GEJ got enough shoes, he should expect lesser % votes from the state. Personal sampling from bikers, newspaper stand and petty trader concerning #March28 in PDP stronghold of Ile-Ife seems to favour the general. Had this assumption, that the PDP's governorship candidate during last yr gubanitorial election might help GEJ in the ancient town, but I got a different result.
Gej 'll be lucky to have anything above 30% from this state.

Ib city. Seems the general will win there(might be wrong). From the conversations I've listened to, while at the viewing center and in couple of places in the city, I'll say the general got upper hand. Family friends that I see as not being too politically informed amazingly are rooting the general.
The general should get above 55% votes from voters in the city.

Lagos. I don't see any candidate who can boast of clearly defeating rival candidate in the state. Majority of the indigens of SW states who reside in the state are not for GEJ from my assessment. While most of the non-Indigenes votes are not so sure for the general.
I'll put it at 50/50.

Personally, Gej is not my favorite because of his extremely sluggish attitude on matters that require urgency, his accomodating manners for guys of dented reputation from the southwest; plus, his cold attitute towards corrupt practices which can ruin the progress and development of ANY nation.

Though I ain't voting 'cause I've got no PVC nor TVC smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Tvegas(m): 12:42am On Feb 28, 2015
I have done my own little research over the past few weeks trying to sample how the SW votes will go. Here is my finding.

If elections were to be free and fair ooo.

LAGOS...GMB wins by 60%, the bulk of his votes will come from the indegenes and yoruba voters. About 80% of the southern non indegenes I interviewed are voting GEJ so it may turn out to be the case of who turns out to vote. The elite voters are 80% behind GMB but will they turn out.?

OGUN.....GMB 65% ....Osibanjo is a son of the soil it's not only south east or south south that will play tribal politics this year. They will vote their son and an inlaw of the awolowos. Besides pdp, sdp and labour seems to be focused on their local positions not so much campaign for gej. Amosun has also performed and people want him back. Obasanjo will also peel off sentimental voters away from GEJ after his card tearing saga. Yorubas dont like their elders disrespected.

Osun....GMB wins with 70%. Omisore is the only formidable opposition and he has lost steam of recent. APC will outperform it's 2011 figures. Where is oyinlola, adeleke and Co?

OYO....GMB wins by 55% ...Most people I interviewed will vote ladoja accord party for governor they dont want ajimobi anymore but GMB will be voted at the presidential level. Forget all those alaafin visit, it won't count. GEJ is not the preferred candidate here. Ibadan is for GMB while GEJ will get votes in ogbomoso due to the akala factor.

ONDO and EKITI.....I give both to GEJ with 55%. A lot will depend on the rigging machinery of fayoshe and mimiko. Its not like they wont rig in the previously mentioned states though.But You can easily rig where you have people. However the EKITI people are rebels and difficult to please so dont be surprised if GMB records a landslide victory there at the end.The riverine areas of ONDO will go to GEJ for sure.

One thing is sure devoid of tribal and religious sentiment GEJ is not loved like he was in 2011 , he is not going to find it easy. Secondly GEJ cannot record a landslide victory in SW . That is so sure.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 7:48am On Feb 28, 2015
Tvegas:
I have done my own little research over the past few weeks trying to sample how the SW votes will go. Here is my finding.

If elections were to be free and fair ooo.

LAGOS...GMB wins by 60%, the bulk of his votes will come from the indegenes and yoruba voters. About 80% of the southern non indegenes I interviewed are voting GEJ so it may turn out to be the case of who turns out to vote. The elite voters are 80% behind GMB but will they turn out.?

OGUN.....GMB 65% ....Osibanjo is a son of the soil it's not only south east or south south that will play tribal politics this year. They will vote their son and an inlaw of the awolowos. Besides pdp, sdp and labour seems to be focused on their local positions not so much campaign for gej. Amosun has also performed and people want him back. Obasanjo will also peel off sentimental voters away from GEJ after his card tearing saga. Yorubas dont like their elders disrespected.

Osun....GMB wins with 70%. Omisore is the only formidable opposition and he has lost steam of recent. APC will outperform it's 2011 figures. Where is oyinlola, adeleke and Co?

OYO....GMB wins by 55% ...Most people I interviewed will vote ladoja accord party for governor they dont want ajimobi anymore but GMB will be voted at the presidential level. Forget all those alaafin visit, it won't count. GEJ is not the preferred candidate here. Ibadan is for GMB while GEJ will get votes in ogbomoso due to the akala factor.

ONDO and EKITI.....I give both to GEJ with 55%. A lot will depend on the rigging machinery of fayoshe and mimiko. Its not like they wont rig in the previously mentioned states though.But You can easily rig where you have people. However the EKITI people are rebels and difficult to please so dont be surprised if GMB records a landslide victory there at the end.The riverine areas of ONDO will go to GEJ for sure.

One thing is sure devoid of tribal and religious sentiment GEJ is not loved like he was in 2011 , he is not going to find it easy. Secondly GEJ cannot record a landslide victory in SW . That is so sure.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by Alphaoscar: 8:21am On Feb 28, 2015
I will not only vote for GMB by Gods grace but I will not relent in my mobilization drive toward the course. So far so good the ministry is moving smoothly and the result is encouraging. I'm locking down my family, friends, associates and those I don't even know for GMB.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by medamillion(m): 8:23am On Feb 28, 2015
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an un- brainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an un- brainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by emerged01(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
from Lagos,sai baba!

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by WisdomFlakes: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
PaulJohn1:
I'll speak for Osun, Ibadan and Lagos. Very familiar with the 2states and city

Seems Osun is for the general. The people of the state have shown in recent times they're for any party but PDP. When sympathy votes from the SW states favoured GEJ in 2011, majority of Osun voters didn't buy into this sentiment and sympathy. And this time that it's believed that the GEJ got enough shoes, he should expect lesser % votes from the state. Personal sampling from bikers, newspaper stand and petty trader concerning #March28 in PDP stronghold of Ile-Ife seems to favour the general. Had this assumption, that the PDP's governorship candidate during last yr gubanitorial election might help GEJ in the ancient town, but I got a different result.
Gej 'll be lucky to have anything above 30% from this state.

Ib city. Seems the general will win there(might be wrong). From the conversations I've listened to, while at the viewing center and in couple of places in the city, I'll say the general got upper hand. Family friends that I see as not being too politically informed amazingly are rooting the general.
The general should get above 55% votes from voters in the city.

Lagos. I don't see any candidate who can boast of clearly defeating rival candidate in the state. Majority of the indigens of SW states who reside in the state are not for GEJ from my assessment. While most of the non-Indigenes votes are not so sure for the general.
I'll put it at 50/50.

Personally, Gej is not my favorite because of his extremely sluggish attitude on matters that require urgency, his accomodating manners for guys of dented reputation from the southwest; plus, his cold attitute towards corrupt practices which can ruin the progress and development of ANY nation.

Though I ain't voting 'cause I've got no PVC nor TVC smiley

Oh boy! Your assessment mirrors mine 150%. Anyone that is truly on ground in the SW knows GEJ is only dreaming. Since that Fuel subsidy removal crisis the region has stopped smiling with Jonathan, that is the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
emerged01:
from Lagos,sai baba!
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Oh boy! Your assessment mirrors mine 150%. Anyone that is truly on ground in the SW knows GEJ is only dreaming. Since that Fuel subsidy removal crisis the region has stopped smiling with Jonathan, that is the truth.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:
I will not only vote for GMB by Gods grace but I will not relent in my mobilization drive toward the course. So far so good the ministry is moving smoothly and the result is encouraging. I'm locking down my family, friends, associates and those I don't even know for GMB.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by mandarin: 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
The politics of the south west is amazingly amazing! It has moved from palaces and community leaders and far beyond socio cultural embrace to a more, individual orientations and performance based evaluation.
For parties and candidates seeking endorsement here and there,please do more and get your shocker on election day.
There seems to be a general resentment against the PDP in Lagos as majority of voters sees the party as oppressive, although many also have issues against the Tinubu personality but compares with PDP, over 60% said they would still vote APC.
Other SW states are rooting for GMB for various reasons including Ekiti where people just want a new thing and Fayose may be stunned.I can understand GEJ continued efforts at getting TInubu into a talk may be to make some concessions but his backers are largely in three,the bulk of non indigenes who are favorable to one of their own, beneficiaries of the current system like OPC and Afenifere and,others that can't just stand the candidacy of Hausa/Fulani.There are however a huge market for the pro Buhari camp which include a huge Yoruba voters, nonYoruba voters that want change and bulk of the Arewa people who are much in Lagos, Oyo and Ogun states.
The truth is all depend on turn out of voters on March.I will give over 70% to Buhari/Osinbajo in the entire southwest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by walemoney007(m): 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
K

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 12:21am On Mar 01, 2015
mandarin:
The politics of the south west is amazingly amazing! It has moved from palaces and community leaders and far beyond socio cultural embrace to a more, individual orientations and performance based evaluation.
For parties and candidates seeking endorsement here and there,please do more and get your shocker on election day.
There seems to be a general resentment against the PDP in Lagos as majority of voters sees the party as oppressive, although many also have issues against the Tinubu personality but compares with PDP, over 60% said they would still vote APC.
Other SW states are rooting for GMB for various reasons including Ekiti where people just want a new thing and Fayose may be stunned.I can understand GEJ continued efforts at getting TInubu into a talk may be to make some concessions but his backers are largely in three,the bulk of non indigenes who are favorable to one of their own, beneficiaries of the current system like OPC and Afenifere and,others that can't just stand the candidacy of Hausa/Fulani.There are however a huge market for the pro Buhari camp which include a huge Yoruba voters, nonYoruba voters that want change and bulk of the Arewa people who are much in Lagos, Oyo and Ogun states.
The truth is all depend on turn out of voters on March.I will give over 70% to Buhari/Osinbajo in the entire southwest.
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2015
walemoney007:
I am from ondo state,but i live in bodija,ibadan,,com march 28 i will b votin for GMB
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 8:58am On Mar 01, 2015
Rexyl:

Some are for Buhari

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
SouthWesterners, keep voting....
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
blackfase:
SouthWesterners, keep voting....
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by sammyj: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
The SW are too wise to vote for a CLUELESS SENTIMENTAL DIVISIVE BIGOT PDP Government !!!

Say no to corruption by voting grin GEJ and SHIPOPOTEMUS grin out of ASO Rock !!!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
sammyj:
The SW are too wise to vote for a CLUELESS SENTIMENTAL DECISIVE BIGOT PDP Government !!!

Say no to corruption by voting grin GEJ and SHIPOPOTEMUS grin out of ASO Rock !!!
Re: 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? by blackfase(m): 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Keep voting...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Afraid... Buhari Is Winning... / The Entire Southern Nigeria Needs To Be A United Front Despite Differences / Buhari: 2022 Budget Won’t Fail Because APC Leads National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.