Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender (487 Views)

Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy / 8 Evidences That Show A Lady Will Become A Stingy Wife / What Re Your New-year Resolution(s), As Pertains The Opp. Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, there seems to be a thin line these days on being Generous /Stingy and that's why I'd like us to share our varied opinions on some issues of generosity and being stingy as it pertains to the Gender and the following,Family, Friends,Colleagues Girlfriends/boyfriends, Acquaintance etc
All fingers are not equal likewise the responsibilites that everybody bears is different;while some people already have better foundations that cushion them from the impact of various responsibilities,others are still working to get there,however let's get down to it.
FAMILY- These are the people that have been there for you in some cases right from day one or in some cases just start showing up and making request just because they know you have started seeing some cheese and no matter how to make them see that you have issues too to sort out,your best is not always good enough even @ your own detriment,they"ll even want to see your account balance as proof.
FRIENDS- They come in different categories,the working ones,ones not working yet and the ones that have been working. Some think just because you earn more than them,you should always pick the tabs(bills).I don't even know what to make of this yet...
COLLEAGUES- Some have been working before you,you have been working before others and all and yet some of the ladies tend to use the gender thing against the guys,like just because you"re a guy,you should pick some tabs(bills) even though you guys earn the same amount and in most cases earn above you and they also have the advantage of people better off picking their tabs yet they still got their eyes on your meagre cheese in your pocket.
GIRLFRIENDS-i used to know of days when people were attracted by mutual affection they have for each other but it seems those days are long gone,as most girls now see relationship as job sef,they expect pocket money from you or you"re seen as not being man enough..in this our harsh economy,even if she earns more than you,she still collects money from you @ all cost forgetting that you should also have other plans and people to cater for and in the long run if you sacrifice your dream and ambition for her and you"re found wanting;she"ll simply move on to the next one or better still look @ you as MAGA that has paid,that's the most annoying of all..as it now leaves me wondering if r/ship's nt supposed to be a two way tin?
ACQUAINTANCE- The ladies in most cases are guilty of this;ok, you meet a lady,say in a gathering and you get talking and all just being social...you perhaps later keep in touch,you don't ask her out or anything,you"re just okk being friends or colleagues..the next thing,she's making demands or wants you to some of her tabs(bills) just because she's a lady and when you can't afford it,she sees you as being stingy
Please fellows I'd like our opinions on "whom","how",and "when" to draw the line between being stingy/generous, even though you know you"re trying your best but maybe the impact's nt been felt as they presume you don't have other commitments too...
Meanwhile,let's keep hustling and spread the love as much as we can and see if someone comes up with a good opinion that will blur this thin line of gender and generosity/stingy issues!
Re: Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
summarize pls

1 Like

Re: Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by delishpot: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hian. So in other words. Women too beg ba? grin

1 Like

Re: Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by ronald4lif(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Stingy is when you're able to help, can afford the help, and in a position to help a close friend/relative of their 'basic' needs but you decided not to.

Generousity is helping out when you know you're not in a position to help, not expected to help, but still helped out. Most times favours done to non relatives and friends but to people one is not even acquainted with, more like strangers.

However, it's not always the case of stinginess when one refuses to help a friend financially. Yes they could have the money but they also have monetary issues to use the money for, it could be for the present or future projects. Other times people just call others stingy when the person himself is in dire need of money and have a bigger problem than theirs.

Generally, a stingy person is not worth being a friend. There are some friends that you will never see their 100naira lol. And one fact I have discovered about stingy people is that they always feel others are obligated to help them, call them for a drink they will want to eat and drink like their lives depends on it. Chai

2 Likes

Re: Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by richol(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
does buhari have a gender,is buhari a girl, did buhari beg amaechi for 27million,was amaechi stingy or should i say #GEJtill2019

1 Like

Re: Issue Of Generosity/stingy As It Pertains To Gender by StunnazJay(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Like someone posted earlier, being stingy is one intentionally refusing to part with his money to help another person out, be they a friend, family or just a stranger.

Different strokes for different folks. If I have the money, I'll help out a friend. If I don't have the money, I will not borrow, so as not to be called stingy.

Why people call others stingy might be because they are looking at the persons 'lifestyle': He drives a car, has a business, dines sumptously but refuses to part with his money.

Probably because the cash is not present, but the lifestyle deceives others into thinking that he has it at that moment, which sadly might not be true.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Easy Ways To Quit A Relationship / Looking For A Partner... / Question Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.