Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

My Pick-pocket Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Pick-pocket Experience (20476 Views)

Man Kills His Elder Brother In Abuja For Not Giving Him Pocket Money (pics) / Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) / Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by ugoezeik(m): 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
vickerz:
THE OWNER OF THE WALLET SHOULD ALSO BE LYNCHED FOR BEING BROKE....

DATS HOW A GUY WAS BEATEN BLUE BLACK IN ILORIN,, HE STOLE A LADYS PURSE, AFTER THEY CAUGHT THE GUY, THEY CHECKED THE CONTENTS OF THE PURSE, IT WAS ONLY A LIP GLOSS,,, IMAGINE

SOME PPLE WORSE PASS THIEF WEY STEAL THE MONEY SEF
lolllllzzzzzz o swear u r mean n wicked!!! lol. is it a crime to n poor in nig?
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by phantom(m): 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Na today? Mine was at education flyover in '96....and the funny thing was the dude picked the front pocket of my shirt..... But fortunately I noticed re on time and chased him down. The id.iot returned the money with a silly grin I nearly smacked of his face with a backhand..... grin
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by ewizard1: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
One thing i love NL about is...

If you think the OP was funny, please read the comments, you would laff your head off!

#iLoveNL
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by betafuture: 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am sorry to bring my own problem to this thread. I need an urgent advice. I worked in a New generation Bank as a full staff for 8yrs and I rose to the level of cash management officer. I had always worked very dilligently with full dedication to my job. In 2013, my Dad was critically ill and we needed to send him abroad and we needed money. I was not qualify to obtain a loan from the bank since I still had one running. I then approached a registered money-lending company ( from whom I had borrowed money in the past and pay back), who lent me N500,000.00 with a total interest of N160,000.00 making N660,000.00 for 6months. Meaning I will be repaying N110,000.00 monthly for 6months. That was on October, 2013. I was to commence repayment on October 26th. The lender did not take any physical collateral, they only took a guarantee from one of my junior coleaque, a lady who was very loyal to me. She issued an undated cheque signed, why I gave 6 posted cheque to be presented for repayment on salary day. Of course, my salary could comfortably accomodate the debt.

On 17th of October, I authorized a wrong transaction that resulted in a loss of USD15,000.00 to the bank, and concidentally, it was posted by this same Teller. I was summoned to Head-office on 19th of October, my Account locked, kept in Head-office till January 2014 and refused to pay salary, eventually, I was sacked in the first week of January, 2014. The lady was also summoned to Head office and suspended for a month but resumed back.

The bank paid me no entitlement and since then, I have been on the street. I have a family to run. I was in the system till January 7th 2014, yet the last salary received was that of October, 2013. As a result of this, I could not meet my obligation to my lender. They contacted me through phone and I explained the situation of things to them.

Since I left the bank in 2014 January, Life has been seriously unbearable. Infact, myself and my family have gone through serious hunger! I had tried to get another job, but to no avail. I had try businesses, but for lack of capital and other factors, it has not really work. I have been leaving like a pauper. My wife is not engaged. She has HND in Accounting, , I discovered she is not employable. I don't know why I did not notice that through courtship. I guess I was blinded by love. I wish to help her overcome the challenge, she does not seem to see it as a problem and besides, she beleive there is nothing she can do to solve it. The problem is that she cannot read. i mean she cannot read at all. I still wonder how she managed to graduate. She is a very beautiful and look classical and executive. She cannot also converse in English. She cannot write.

Now to the loan issue, because of my financial situation, I have not be able to repay anything from the loan. The company keeps calculating and adding interest on monthly basis and they stopped contacting me. They wrote a stinker to the bank regarding my guarantor. It was written to HR and HR passed it to the branch manager. I was called and wrote a letter to the lender to give me a little time, yet they did not stop harrasing the young lady and blackmailing her. Last month, they were in her office and they had to force N40,000.00 out of her. This is a lady on a salary of N120,000.00. She cried as she paid the money. This month again, they will be going to her office tommorrow, to force money out of her. Meanwhile she had a shortage in the course of the month, she had to pay 60,000.00 from her own money. I am jusy tired of the whole stuff. Now, they are claiming the whole outstanding amount now is N1.2million because of the interest they have been calculating.

Meanwhile, one of the newly appointed Honourables in the national assembly just offered me an appointment as a Legislative assistant, I never know what to expect, but I understand their salary is not much.

Pllease, I need your candid advise on how to solve the whole issue, most especially that it should not cost the lady that assisted my out of trust her job and embarrasment at work and also how I can handle therepayment considering there new intimidating figure and they keep mounting interest on monthly basis. Thank you.
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by pomide(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It happened to me four years ago at Park n Shop/Garrison junction. I was heading to FCMB at garrison to deposit the 150k wrapped in my pocket, when I alighted, I checked my pocket and I didn't see the money again.

Dem No Pick Ya Pocket, Dem Jazz Ya Pocket! cheesy
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by zhad(m): 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
chai!! eledumare!! at last
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice commedy,
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by themodernman: 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
A 2month old post just making front page. E be like say d babe just gree for Mod..
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by scarred9jan(m): 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
adanduka:
[b]This post is inspired by the thread- Ways to identify pick-pockets...

Pick-pockets are everywhere and rather than do jobs to earn their pay, they keep looking for unsuspecting folks to steal from.
It was 5:45pm and I was on my way home from work. I was approaching 1st Artillery having joined the bus at Rumuola junction, Port Harcourt Rd, Port Harcourt. I was seated at the last seat at the back of the four seater bus. An elderly man right beside me started coughing and from the sound it appeared he has a mucus-clogged throat or is it trachea. He then started getting up a little and leaning over the guy at the window so he could spit from the window. It was a disgusting moment for all of us at the back seat, moreso for the dude whom he was leaning across. The guy fearing that the wind might splash back some sputum on his face as the bus was accelerating asked the man to come over to his side so he could have the window to himself. Strangely enough, the elderly man kept his right leg straight and stiff and struggled “painfully” to move over continuously motioning to the leg and then it dawned on us that the leg was permanently straight and stiff or so we thought.
As the vehicle reached Artillery and the conductor called the bus-stop, the elderly man said he was alighting and the dude who was at the extreme instinctively checked for his wallet, he realized his wallet was gone. He immediately realized the elderly man had taken it and all that drama was for his purse. Fortunately for him, he sighted the ‘elderly thief’ who had crossed over to the other side of the road and he started shouting and chasing him and he was caught. He was lucky to escape being lynched that fateful day as the guy he stole from said they should pity him. The funny part was that the thief’s labour was in vain as the wallet contained only IDs and no money and he would have been beaten up for nothing.

Source:https://capturae./2015/02/27/my-pick-pocket-experience/
[/b]

if i tell you that that elderly thief has been in operation for many years, would you believe me. Encountered him once in 2001 on the bus going to artillery. wow how times fly.

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Nnemuka(f): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by adanduka: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
scarred9jan:

if i tell you that that elderly thief has been in operation for many years, would you believe me. Encountered him once in 2001 on the bus going to artillery. wow how times fly.

Really? shocked Interesting indeed. Who knows if he has changed his operation base or repented.
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by tesyfresh(f): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Why can't people desist from disgracing themself#just thinking aloud# but vickerz am suspecting you.

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
vickerz:

DATS HOW A GUY WAS BEATEN BLUE BLACK IN ILORIN,, HE STOLE A LADYS PURSE, AFTER THEY CAUGHT THE GUY, THEY CHECKED THE CONTENTS OF THE PURSE, IT WAS ONLY A LIP GLOSS,,, IMAGINE

hahaha!! guy why you dey provoke nah? cheesy
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
tesyfresh:
Why can't people desist from disgracing themself#just thinking aloud# but vickerz am suspecting you.
tesyfresh:
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by deltateam: 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
vickerz:

You should be tied and shot for this foolish comment. Why should you take or support someone that steals another person's belonging.

Every citizen has his/her rights which includes right to possession which shhould be respected.

2 Likes

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by buemene(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sadly that was how I lost my 6wks old Samsung Galaxy S4 in November of last year. The same exact method between Rumuokuta Junction and Agip Junction on Ikwerre Road. The culprit in my case was a young man and he succeeded with it. Na God win Sha in all.

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Time2Smile(m): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Although I have but I know a friend who lost a substantial amount of money to this trick. Fake coughing and pretending to be sick while leaning over you should send you into red alert. It is their modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Bowaley17(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Ghost01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
holuwabumi:
My phone nearly got stolen yesterday at Ibadan around Iwo road. I was carry my back pack behind me n I fet someone unzipped my bag, the moment I faced back I saw a guy crossing the road so I checked for my phones and I saw one, immediately I crossed the roads to run after the guy. I told him to return my phone before I shout ole (thief) n he did. He has wrapped my phone with an handkerchief. Was so happy because the phone he picked has my major line on it.
The fear of the mob is the beginning of wisdom. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by Ghost01(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
betafuture:
I am sorry to bring my own problem to this thread. I need an urgent advice. I worked in a New generation Bank as a full staff for 8yrs and I rose to the level of cash management officer. I had always worked very dilligently with full dedication to my job. In 2013, my Dad was critically ill and we needed to send him abroad and we needed money. I was not qualify to obtain a loan from the bank since I still had one running. I then approached a registered money-lending company ( from whom I had borrowed money in the past and pay back), who lent me N500,000.00 with a total interest of N160,000.00 making N660,000.00 for 6months. Meaning I will be repaying N110,000.00 monthly for 6months. That was on October, 2013. I was to commence repayment on October 26th. The lender did not take any physical collateral, they only took a guarantee from one of my junior coleaque, a lady who was very loyal to me. She issued an undated cheque signed, why I gave 6 posted cheque to be presented for repayment on salary day. Of course, my salary could comfortably accomodate the debt.

On 17th of October, I authorized a wrong transaction that resulted in a loss of USD15,000.00 to the bank, and concidentally, it was posted by this same Teller. I was summoned to Head-office on 19th of October, my Account locked, kept in Head-office till January 2014 and refused to pay salary, eventually, I was sacked in the first week of January, 2014. The lady was also summoned to Head office and suspended for a month but resumed back.

The bank paid me no entitlement and since then, I have been on the street. I have a family to run. I was in the system till January 7th 2014, yet the last salary received was that of October, 2013. As a result of this, I could not meet my obligation to my lender. They contacted me through phone and I explained the situation of things to them.

Since I left the bank in 2014 January, Life has been seriously unbearable. Infact, myself and my family have gone through serious hunger! I had tried to get another job, but to no avail. I had try businesses, but for lack of capital and other factors, it has not really work. I have been leaving like a pauper. My wife is not engaged. She has HND in Accounting, , I discovered she is not employable. I don't know why I did not notice that through courtship. I guess I was blinded by love. I wish to help her overcome the challenge, she does not seem to see it as a problem and besides, she beleive there is nothing she can do to solve it. The problem is that she cannot read. i mean she cannot read at all. I still wonder how she managed to graduate. She is a very beautiful and look classical and executive. She cannot also converse in English. She cannot write.

Now to the loan issue, because of my financial situation, I have not be able to repay anything from the loan. The company keeps calculating and adding interest on monthly basis and they stopped contacting me. They wrote a stinker to the bank regarding my guarantor. It was written to HR and HR passed it to the branch manager. I was called and wrote a letter to the lender to give me a little time, yet they did not stop harrasing the young lady and blackmailing her. Last month, they were in her office and they had to force N40,000.00 out of her. This is a lady on a salary of N120,000.00. She cried as she paid the money. This month again, they will be going to her office tommorrow, to force money out of her. Meanwhile she had a shortage in the course of the month, she had to pay 60,000.00 from her own money. I am jusy tired of the whole stuff. Now, they are claiming the whole outstanding amount now is N1.2million because of the interest they have been calculating.

Meanwhile, one of the newly appointed Honourables in the national assembly just offered me an appointment as a Legislative assistant, I never know what to expect, but I understand their salary is not much.

Pllease, I need your candid advise on how to solve the whole issue, most especially that it should not cost the lady that assisted my out of trust her job and embarrasment at work and also how I can handle therepayment considering there new intimidating figure and they keep mounting interest on monthly basis. Thank you.

Open a new thread with this your story, oga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by sleekch1c(f): 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mine was on olu obasanjo road, close to waterlines . Entered the taxi with phone in my bag and alighted only to notice i was phoneless..water stand for my eyes sad cry
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by adanduka: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2015
Nnemuka:
Two experiences with such guys...
First one was in Kaduna after my youth service and was job hunting. I had 200 naira on me and I was heading home after evening mass and decided to go buy bread with the only money on me. I had a large handbag with my bible in it and after buying my agege 200 naira bread I kept it also in my handbag making the bag look bigger. cheesy
naso I waka dey go house suddenly two guys on a bike from behind snatched my bag and took off. I didn't bother to shout sef, I just took off for fear that they might return after searching my bag tO only discover the content of the big bag .... Crazy boys at barnawa.

Secondly was on ma way to Owerri in A bus and this young man was asleep or so... He kept on resting his head on me and on each occassion I moved my body from him but he continued until he managed to steal my purse then alighted.
Immediately he left I started looking for my purse and it struck me that the guy took my purse and I followed in hot pursit as I saw him walking faster. I caught up with him and just as I was about to search him with the help of the guys who saw the way I was arguing with him, somebody just came with my purse that they saw him drop it there before I ran up to him.
I collected my purse and left him to the mercies of other young guys gathering at the Scene...

Thank God you were not a victim in both incidents.

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by adanduka: 8:07am On Apr 28, 2015
sleekch1c:
Mine was on olu obasanjo road, close to waterlines . Entered the taxi with phone in my bag and alighted only to notice i was phoneless..water stand for my eyes sad cry

Very funny....
Not your experience o, the way you narrated the story. grin
Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by xavier0327(f): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It happened to me four years ago at Park n Shop/Garrison junction. I was heading to FCMB at garrison to deposit the 150k wrapped in my pocket, when I alighted, I checked my pocket and I didn't see the money again.
you had i50k with you and couldnt take a drop?? shocked

1 Like

Re: My Pick-pocket Experience by junell(f): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2015
vickerz:

As funny as this comment ought to have been, it is still a foolish comment. That they found nothing worth stealing in the wallets does not condone stealing. Why must we joke with everything? They're still thieves!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Breaks Into Shops To Steal Rods Caught & Chained In Delta(photos) / Man Tries Selling His Son For N200k, Daughter For N150k / I’ve Just Opened Yahoo Mail To Be A Yahoo Boy Like You – Man Tells Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.