Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? (2894 Views)

How Often Should A Guy Or Lady Change Her/his Panties Or Undies. / She Said It's Over. But Gave Me 24 Hours To Make Her Change Her Mind. / HELP!! She Is A Lesbian And He Is In Love With Her, "How Can He Make Her Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by rudebouy: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Der is dis very cute chic in my area dat am attracted to and she says she loves me too.

D wahala be say she is not fluent with english and she has a very bad accent. I think I can help her with the fluency ish, at least its mainly her tenses dat has got issues. But how do I help her with her accent problem?

She pronounces 'available' as 'aveleble', she calls bucket 'bockate', she calls bread 'blead'. And its disgusting and irritating. As in she sounds like a pure village girl upon say she don stay ph tay.

Am lucky my friends hav not met her yet. Shame for catch me die. Me sef shame don day catch me for my room, and am getting tired of all dis her "I want to tlavel" ish.

Am a bit discouraged cos as educated as Sanusi Lamido was, he still had his hausa abi fulani accent.

Pls guys, is it possible for her to change her accent at 25? Me don day tire oh!
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by kay29000(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hmm! Na! It ain't possible...She might get a little better with her tenses as she moves with more people that speak good English, but her accent will remain. Sorry dude.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by rudebouy: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! Na! It ain't possible...She might get a little better with her tenses as she moves with more people that speak good English, but her accent will remain. Sorry dude.

Chai! Are you saying der is no hope?
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
rudebouy:

Chai! Are you saying der is no hope?
hope dey o. Just N50 rat poison put for her food, hope will be fulfilled. Thank me latergrin no bashing o
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by falconey(m): 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
she is probably a yoruba girl she ate too much amala and ewedu.......take her out to a good restaurant order full chicken ,fried rice,meat pie,kechup and chips etc......take her for like 8-9times her accent will change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Oyetboy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
falconey:
she is probably a yoruba girl she ate too much amala and ewedu.......take her out to a good restaurant order full chicken ,fried rice,meat pie,kechup and chips etc......take her for like 8-9times her accent will change
Dumb!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by fuckshit: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
helping her change her accent! that's going to be one big bloody fücking herculean task for you grin grin
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Extom(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bros, don't. I repeat, DON'T continue with her!!! angry
Life is too short to be with someone who cannot express herself in a simple, and correct accent. Especially if you have plans of becoming a president or an influential person in the future.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by phlio(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
love covers all
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by ronald4lif(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
She doesn't need to change her accent, she only need to work on her pronounciation. Know the difference of L and R, and she needs some vowels sound tutoring too. And I don't understand why you're making jest of Sanusi Lamido accent. He's not English and his accent is absolutely irrelevant. Chinese Premier do not speak english and he's still highly respected globally. The english language is borrowed.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
ronald4lif:
She doesn't need to change her accent, she only need to work on her pronounciation. Know the difference of L and R, and she needs some vowels sound tutoring too. And I don't understand why you're making jest of Sanusi Lamido accent. He's not English and his accent is absolutely irrelevant. Chinese Premier do not speak english and he's still highly respected globally. The english language is borrowed.

I wanted to comment, but when I saw yours, I knew there wasn't any reason to.

I salute you wink
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by ronald4lif(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
missjenna:

I wanted to comment, but when I saw yours, I knew there wasn't any reason to.

I salute you wink

Thank you jare.

It's surprising people forget that the language english is not ours. Some think by having tushed english accent when you're not English is impressive but it's absolutely st*pid. You see an African and ask what's his/her name he says Paul, MarkAnthony and Cindy thinking they are making sense. When an English or American ask what's your name they are expecting your local name; Chima, Adekunle or Omotola. Not some borrowed English name. How many Brazilians, Chinese, Indians or Russians bears an English name? But they speak english too. Some may not understand where I am coming from but this are facts
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Djicemob: 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Her abunna get accent too? grin

#Just kiddin tongue
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Enegod(m): 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
Some accents can be annoying as hell... But if she is cute and sexy
I say what the hell...I am in!!! undecided
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bro, can I have her number? I need to hear her voice and then work out where I can meet with her to practically hear her main accent. . . Then we can work on changing it.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Gboyeboy(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oyetboy:
Dumb!
Very dumb indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
grin grin

oh well! you need to hear mine, so igbotic lipsrsealed kidding grin

Teach her to pronounce some words, you think she can't pronounce well, occupy her with British movies grin. If she's a fan of Nigerian movies, push them aside lipsrsealed those actors tend to over-pronounce words that irks the sane out of me.

Goodluck, goodluck! grin cheesy
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by justmag(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Why do you want to change people to someone they are not. Leave her as she is and find someone that meets your expectations.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Welepamilayo: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
You are hardly fluent in English yourself.

rudebouy:
Der is dis very cute chic in my area dat am attracted to and she says she loves me too.

D wahala be say she is not fluent with english and she has a very bad accent. I think I can help her with the fluency ish, at least its mainly her tenses dat has got issues. But how do I help her with her accent problem?

She pronounces 'available' as 'aveleble', she calls bucket 'bockate', she calls bread 'blead'. And its disgusting and irritating. As in she sounds like a pure village girl upon say she don stay ph tay.

Am lucky my friends hav not met her yet. Shame for catch me die. Me sef shame don day catch me for my room, and am getting tired of all dis her "I want to tlavel" ish.

Am a bit discouraged cos as educated as Sanusi Lamido was, he still had his hausa abi fulani accent.

Pls guys, is it possible for her to change her accent at 25? Me don day tire oh!
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Thick accents scratch my ears these days...

I actually picked up an accent thrice.
When I was in boarding school, when i went to Uni and when u went on adventure for 18 months.

Environment plays a role and inn picking a new accent.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by YoshiMaster: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aveleble? Chai!

As in "Baby, I'm Aveleble"? Chai!

Gai, if Jonathan can't change Patience, tell me what hope we have in this world. Where is the hope?

Still try sha, maybe on day, she would call you and say "Baby, I'm Available".

Can I get an Amen in the house

1 Like

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by jmoore(m): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
There is an app for that, you can install it on her. Download accent-changer.apk.

Thank me later.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by falconey(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oyetboy:
Dumb!
sorry is that your middle name?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by rudebouy: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
ronald4lif:

Thank you jare.

It's surprising people forget that the language english is not ours. Some think by having tushed english accent when you're not English is impressive but it's absolutely st*pid. You see an African and ask what's his/her name he says Paul, MarkAnthony and Cindy thinking they are making sense. When an English or American ask what's your name they are expecting your local name; Chima, Adekunle or Omotola. Not some borrowed English name. How many Brazilians, Chinese, Indians or Russians bears an English name? But they speak english too. Some may not understand where I am coming from but this are facts

Bros, am not asking for polished english oh. But seriously is der anytin wrong in calling bread bread instead of 'bled'?
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by rudebouy: 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Welepamilayo:
You are hardly fluent in English yourself.

becos I decide to garnish my gist with pidgin abi?

U try!
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by ronald4lif(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
rudebouy:

Bros, am not asking for polished english oh. But seriously is der anytin wrong in calling bread bread instead of 'bled'?

Everything is wrong with calling bread bled, the way she pronounced word is very poor and that is where I think she should work on and you can help her in becoming better.

You mentioned her accent earlier that was were I was trying to address.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by rudebouy: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
ronald4lif:

Everything is wrong with calling bread bled, the way she pronounced word is very poor and that is where I think she should work on and you can help her in becoming better.

You mentioned her accent earlier that was were I was trying to address.

at least now u know wot am talking abt.
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Sexydevil(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
YoshiMaster:
Aveleble? Chai!

As in "Baby, I'm Aveleble"? Chai!

Gai, if Jonathan can't change Patience, tell me what hope we have in this world. Where is the hope?

Still try sha, maybe on day, she would call you and say "Baby, I'm Available".

Can I get an Amen in the house

Amen! Pweeaaaach on! grin
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by princejenks(m): 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
Take her to shoplite
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by Dubemkelly(m): 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
Everybody learns everyday, not her fault she sounds that way, environment influences one, she can still be politely corrected if she pronounces wrongly...
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by illswift(m): 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
princejenks:
Take her to shoplite
and buy her prenty things
Re: Can I Make Her Change Her Accent? by OohMpa: 12:04am On Mar 01, 2015
rudebouy:
She pronounces 'available' as 'aveleble', she calls bucket 'bockate', she calls bread 'blead'.

You irritelate angry

How does they plonounce it then? angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Love: Please I Need Advice / Guyz:can You Walk Wth Ur Bae If She Shaves Her Head Completely BALD / Who Wants To Fall In Love (pix)....hehehehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.