Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47281 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by jzdoberman: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
Now,its 1964 he sat for Cambridge,
No longer 1961.
The earlier U ppl come out plain and admit he never sat for any exam,the better.

Don't mind the buhari 'cows'
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by emmydee(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Some of u Buhari/ APC supporters are slightly missing some very vital points in this certificate saga. We are not arguing about Buhari's ability to sfeak coherent English or the fact that he waggled his way to the Nigerian Army without a school certificate. The points are :
1.If Buhari fails to present a WAEC Certificate, he is not qualified to contest this election because he did not sit for the foundation exam. So if he had used an affidavit to climb his carreer ladder, INEC laws have asked that you must present your credentials which must include WAEC.
2. It would mean that General Buhari had fraudulently aquired all other certificates which have helped him to climb his carreer ladder and should be prosecuted.
3. He personally and carefully filled, signed and submitted his INEC presidential candidacy form knowing that he did not sit for the WAEC exam. He lied under oath.
4. By now, Buhari should not just be disqualified, he should be in custody or in court trying to save himself from going to jail.
5. Why is Buhari skipping purnishment? Is it because he was a military head of state? Or because he is the All Progressives Gwanfidence presidential candidate? We should remember that before all of these, Buhari was a Nigerian citizen and should subject himself to the laws of the land.
In those days, it was easier for people to enlist in the Nigerian Army especially people from the North and once you are there, the military sends you to sandhaust and other places for different trainings. That document from the Army covers every other admission requirement because they are termed "Special" trainings. That's military for you. But when you now wish to dine with civilians, then it is no longer a military business. There is no governor in Nigeria today that did not submit to INEC his school certificate. There's also no presidential candidate that did not submit this same document among others. Why must Gen. Buhari continue to dribble educated people in this manner? Even if he has lost the originals or they are with the military board or are just not available anywhere on the earth surface, let him write to WAEC, let the WAEC give us his exam number. That will be enough for us. It is very difficult to write WAEC, so if someone somewhere is making a joke of it, it is very painful to those of who have it. Yes, Buhari may have contested the presidential elections 3 times before now, this certificate issue was not raised. At those times, no political party was half as big as PDP so it was not necessary to begin to look closely. Today, more than 4 parties have merged to form APC, that's somehow a mega party so it is now very important to reach for our magnifying glasses.

4 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by GoldHorse(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
bibiking7:

[b] I swear, if you had provided proof of the actual Nigerian law that GMB is bending, I would have spent the remaining days to the election telling people about it, but all you did was dance around and accuse people of insulting you over the internet. In defence of those that you claim insulted you, i think you made it easy. I have seen about 2 post in this same thread that quoted the section of the constitution that concerns this matter, and i believe that the reason why they were able to quote it, was because it backs up the message they are trying to pass. You have not brought forth any proof of a law being bent. I don't care about the foreign media talks, I dont even believe the ratings they come up with (cos they talk about a country's economy from the outside, but we the people know because we are on the inside).
The basic things are being ignored. I have never seen such ridiculous campaigns before in my life, PDP will come to rallies and talk about the religion of the candidate of the opposition angry, APC will come to rallies waving brooms and dancing shoki angry.
In my own opinion, the wrong questions are being asked. The basic questions are;
1. Is He qualified to contest (yes, INEC cleared him to run)
2. Can He do the job (You can answer that one based on his antecedents, manifesto and or your own criteria)

Now, I was not alive during Buhari's Era or reign, but i am alive now and i have witnessed GEJ's tenure.
1. Is He qualified to contest ( Yes)
2. Can He do the job ( For me its a NO, cos i have seen no manifesto, and his administration has done a couple of stuffs, but have really missed the mark. Just the boko haram menace is enough to defeat all his efforts, because from Mid last year till today, do you know how many people have been killed by boko haram? but the president has only deemed it fit to curb the menace 6 WEEKS angryto the election, and for any reasoning person, the only message that this sends is that the sect was left to operate intentionally.) Plus, for me even a small significant improvement in power would have worked, but it has only gotten worse and i don't see it getting better under Jona in the next 8 years not even 4.

There is only one question for all Nigerians, and that is, ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW (in terms of welfare) THAN YOU WERE SINCE THIS ADMINISTRATION COMMENCED. when you can answer that question, you will know the candidate to vote for.

P.S. The best campaign i have seen in Nigeria so far is the APC VP candidate. its reasonable and straight to the point. Kudos to Osinbajo cool. [/b]

plus, WHO DA PHUCK REMOVES SUBSIDY AND INCREASES FUEL PRICE ON THE 1ST DAY OF THE YEAR, while people are still celebrating. shocked That still gets me laughing, is it that it was so urgent that it could not wait till february or for 2 weeks into january, GOD.... Or would the economy have collapsed within that one month.

Thumbs up!!! Love your reasoning!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nortcentrallord(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Thanks for observing 1964 too. Meaning saint Buhari lied under oath because he said 1961. It seems APC thrives in falsehood and violence.

One single lie begets a thousand lie. What do you expect. If Obama was asked to provide his birth certific8 in a free country like US because it's a constitution requirement in America, why shouldn't Buhari be asked to produce his WAEC certificate as it is constitutional in Nigeria? Wasn't Obama Born of a human being, Why didn't America say OK, since Obama is born of a human being, no need to request for his birth certificate? But you expect Nigerians to allow Buhari to contest without presenting his certificate because he can speak and assimilate English but finds it hard to understand that a single country can't stabilize the price of crude oil in the world. That's how we commit blunder in this country. Fund a man with little or no knowledge about modern working of economy and government running then begin to complain latter that he is not working. Nonsence.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nortcentrallord(m): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
You've just expressed one of the salient characters of APC - hooliganism. Indeed it's the party for your likes.

That's their exact trade mark. 'violence, lies, deceit, propagander, threats and violence'
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nortcentrallord(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
You mean Americans and the British citizens would stomach the insubordination of a man who refused to appear before a reconciliation panel and allow him contest election even for a councillor seat?

A liar should have good memory but you don't because you forgot that Americans demanded for birth certificate of Obama and he presented it.

Next time, look for a better way to package the unpackageable.

Thank you my brother for that post. You will smile with Goodluck this month of march as we match with Goodluck into another four years of fruitfulness. Amen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by femixville(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
MORNDEW:

Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/
how many times has Buhari contested for d Presidency position? Is dis is first time of second? PDP are fools... Even most Nigerians...Dats y u pple will forever be a puppet under an occultic, deceptive, satanic nd a corrupt party called PDP... With the whole time he has been running for Presidency y is INEC granting him d full access to run..wen they know he's not have a certificate...it is now wen every eyes are seeing all evils in d polity nd pple are now making their voluntary will for a change nd d PDP are seeing it clear that Buhari may pull a surprise..then PDP boiled up lies to u all...and u are all being manipulated with all sort of lies...nd u are playing to their tunes... Its nvr a surp cos ...its d only country on earth where the slogan 'suffering nd smiling' is taking its ril effect...shame to u all...
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nortcentrallord(m): 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
agabaI23:
@morndew,

You took your time to write all these just because of certificate? It shows that you are worried about it and you are seeking international media endorsement to make your position appear reasonable.

Give it up already!

Hahahahaha, that's like a finisher punch bro. You just nailed them in the HEART. grin grin grin
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by BraniacX(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
MORNDEW:

Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/

when buhari starts running for international media man of the year then your gibberish becomes relevant, till then, shove this tripe up your bung

correct me if i'm wrong, hasn't obama's religion, citizenship, patriotism, political ideology(whether communist or not), racial leanings e.t.c been debated on yes, CNN, BBC, FOX news, ABC, and other international media outlets time and again Again and again? undecided
you're stupid to mistake us for ignorant, uneducated, nepotic, unreputable, unqualified, bigoted, senile, fanatic nimcompoops like your principal Buhari!

IDIOTA!!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
BraniacX:

when buhari starts running for international media man of the year then your gibberish becomes relevant, till then, shove this tripe up your bung

correct me if i'm wrong, hasn't obama's religion, citizenship, patriotism, political ideology(whether communist or not), racial leanings e.t.c been debated on yes, CNN, BBC, FOX news, ABC, and other international media outlets time and again Again and again? undecided
you're stupid to mistake us for ignorant, uneducated, nepotic, unreputable, unqualified, bigoted, senile, fanatic nimcompoops like your principal Buhari!

IDIOTA!!
clap for urself u know book.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by efetotalman1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op,
you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met manu people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?
Pls sir, what have u achieved so far with all d papers and credentials u so painstakingly acquired
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by eniwhy: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?
why would someone who had ruled previously present his Certificate? You people are intensely feeling the obvious pressure that he has won the election. Majority of Nigerians are disappointed regarding his tenure. we don't need him anymore!!! Sai General
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Coldfeet(f): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari show your certificate! In 1983 the clause that said a presidential aspirant must have a university degree was not in place but it is now! Many Nigerian graduates with hnd can't access good jobs simply because they don't have a bsc! Despite the fact that most are more brilliant and articulate than most bsc holders morndew ask yourself why? and you want us now to forget certificate simply because buhari speaks English ekwa? NO WAY!!!!! ITS THE LAW AND SHOULD NOT BE BENT FOR ANYBODY.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by klbakare(m): 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

The partial attitude of d useless nigerian media to support and not ask question concerning d controversies on buhari's certificate prompts dis response.

1. Why did the nigerian media not raise issues concerning buhari's participation in elections before now and why he has suddenly become inelligible?

2. Why did ur useless nigerian media nt question his admission into the military by d den military authorities if truly his certificate is nt genuine?

3.Why does ur party PDP have problem with accepting d fact that jega is satisfied with buhari's result?

N.B: all dis controversies came up when d suCcess of ELEPE BADLUCK jolantern is threatened by buhari. The same way he goes after boko haram and reduces pump price only when his success is threatened.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dangerrard2uni(m): 1:40am On Mar 02, 2015
OP u r highly pointless ... what logical means has he used to answer nd address issues set b4 him
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by rexzqcom(m): 2:07am On Mar 02, 2015
APC, Buhari, Oluwole won't do.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Agukagu(m): 3:18am On Mar 02, 2015
nationwide1:

Barman!!! Give Nationwide1 3 bottles of Orijin
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 5:13am On Mar 02, 2015
Agukagu:

Barman!!! Give Nationwide1 3 bottles of Orijin
I appreciate oga.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by munex007(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2015
"I told my friend its because the international media outfits sees it foolhardy and meaningless to question the certificate of a man whose profile of attending the prestigious US war college is still on Wikipedia."

Billy Gates, Henry Ford - industrial pioneers are often men who lack the credentials, but have a clear vision - which they pursue.

If you still believe GMB is an illiterate your mental reasoning needs to be examined..

For a Man that has commanded a divison,you know what that means? Calculation of mapping using applied maths logic and a lot of strategy..

Maybe his certicate is missig,but no doubt he his educated..

Education is inherent after we must have finish schooling or achieve certification..

Compare GMB and gej in terms of choice of words,physical appearance,calmness,bravery,intergrity,charisma,leadersship skills and abilty to choose techocratic talents...The difference is like the distance between the west and east..

He his not perfect buh I believe he has what it takes to make this Nation great again..

"If I don't contest, Nigerians will feel one kain" - President Jonathan | In English: if I don't contest, it'd look awkward to Nigerians..

I am running for president to give Nigeria prosperity, not adversity~ GMB
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by munex007(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2015
And you with certifcate,tell me someone in your bloodline that has achieve and sacrifice as much as the General did for Nigeria..

This man started sacrificing for the Nation from 18years of age.

When ur fathers and uncles were hiding under the table these men were defending the Unity of Nigeria

Innfact you are a goofball for slandering General an illiterate..You lack the intellectual acuity to call a Graduate of one of the best Military academy in the world..

You can keep spreading the lies and attacking his personality but that won't stop people from loving the amiable and incorruptible General

All the propaganda in the world cannot make a lie true.

#March4Buhari
#SaiBuhari
#SaiBaba

rexzqcom:
APC, Buhari, Oluwole won't do.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2015
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by kingphilip(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

do you have any hard copy of (d)?
as in the constitution

or my own copy of the certificate or it's equivalent

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Buratai Town / Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / 2023: Jaruma Drums Support For Tinubu, Shuts Comments Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.