Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47285 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by muzzol: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

What you just exhibited is your ignorance of the letters of the constitution you are fighting hard to protect. Check sections 131 & 137 for better guidance.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by ismyheal75: 7:49am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

Won't you stop displaying your ignorance here?

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by kraftykc(m): 8:02am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
You've just expressed one of the salient characters of APC - hooliganism. Indeed it's the party for your likes.

As outright lying, bribery, thuggery and killings are to PDP. I'd rather be a hooligan than a murderer and a liar.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by bibiking7(m): 8:03am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Mek him present am mek we rest joor. Even the equivalent mek him present am. As for my qualifications, them dey intact well packaged.

[b] I swear, if you had provided proof of the actual Nigerian law that GMB is bending, I would have spent the remaining days to the election telling people about it, but all you did was dance around and accuse people of insulting you over the internet. In defence of those that you claim insulted you, i think you made it easy. I have seen about 2 post in this same thread that quoted the section of the constitution that concerns this matter, and i believe that the reason why they were able to quote it, was because it backs up the message they are trying to pass. You have not brought forth any proof of a law being bent. I don't care about the foreign media talks, I dont even believe the ratings they come up with (cos they talk about a country's economy from the outside, but we the people know because we are on the inside).
The basic things are being ignored. I have never seen such ridiculous campaigns before in my life, PDP will come to rallies and talk about the religion of the candidate of the opposition angry, APC will come to rallies waving brooms and dancing shoki angry.
In my own opinion, the wrong questions are being asked. The basic questions are;
1. Is He qualified to contest (yes, INEC cleared him to run)
2. Can He do the job (You can answer that one based on his antecedents, manifesto and or your own criteria)

Now, I was not alive during Buhari's Era or reign, but i am alive now and i have witnessed GEJ's tenure.
1. Is He qualified to contest ( Yes)
2. Can He do the job ( For me its a NO, cos i have seen no manifesto, and his administration has done a couple of stuffs, but have really missed the mark. Just the boko haram menace is enough to defeat all his efforts, because from Mid last year till today, do you know how many people have been killed by boko haram? but the president has only deemed it fit to curb the menace 6 WEEKS angryto the election, and for any reasoning person, the only message that this sends is that the sect was left to operate intentionally.) Plus, for me even a small significant improvement in power would have worked, but it has only gotten worse and i don't see it getting better under Jona in the next 8 years not even 4.

There is only one question for all Nigerians, and that is, ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW (in terms of welfare) THAN YOU WERE SINCE THIS ADMINISTRATION COMMENCED. when you can answer that question, you will know the candidate to vote for.

P.S. The best campaign i have seen in Nigeria so far is the APC VP candidate. its reasonable and straight to the point. Kudos to Osinbajo cool. [/b]

plus, WHO DA PHUCK REMOVES SUBSIDY AND INCREASES FUEL PRICE ON THE 1ST DAY OF THE YEAR, while people are still celebrating. shocked That still gets me laughing, is it that it was so urgent that it could not wait till february or for 2 weeks into january, GOD.... Or would the economy have collapsed within that one month.

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Ehisod(m): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

You this south south guy posing as Hausa man and registered on nairaland in February 2015 as one of newly employed digital army of PDP. You are one of those reasons PDP postoned an that we had been preparing for over 3 years. Hmmmm a loaf of bread today a piece of rock tomorrow that is how a fools birthright is lost.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Sheriff19: 8:12am On Mar 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
Now,its 1964 he sat for Cambridge,
No longer 1961.
The earlier U ppl come out plain and admit he never sat for any exam,the better.
use ur glasses and read the post again.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by abokikhalifa: 8:12am On Mar 01, 2015
sleemfesh:

“A person shall be qualified for election to the Office of President if: (a) He is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) He has attained the age of forty years; (c) He is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and (d) He has been educated up to at least SCHOOL CERTIFICATE LEVEL OR ITS EQUIVALENT (emphasis mine).”

Oya, tell us another story.
what about the result he showed? The matter is in court let see who is going to win the case...them looking for way to bring buhari down but God pass them
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 01, 2015
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 01, 2015
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Mallamkay001(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2015
berem:
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!
When u are in rome u beHave like romaNs.o boy, na Nigeria we deY,hw will go dey behave likE Oyinbo..iF I may ask u,na London buhari wan rule ni or na Nigeria?if he dey dogdE issue based deBate for naija,is it apropriate to go for issue based lecture for london.he iS a slowpoke for dat.y he no kuku collect I'm original certificate bfore leaving london.governance is a serious biz, somebody who live a life full of asumptions can not govern.I asumed this,I assumed dat!!!!! Buhari get perjury case for naija o for swearing to a false oath. 150 cows for 20yrs,dem no dey giv birth?poor economist. Chai!!!!!hypocritical change agents.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 8:24am On Mar 01, 2015
nagoma:

OPUTA panel was not constitutional and all had the option to appear or not. Buhari was just one of dozens who chose not to attend that aimless charade which resulted in nothing.
We are trying to salvage the country by voting honest, truthful and patriotic selfless person to head the government and restore the image of our Dear country from the corrupt, decadent , criminal , visionless divided picture we now present to the world and all you are talking about are innuendos and worthless , fruitless wasteful ventures like the OPUTA panel.
Oputa Panel was not constitutional and that was the reason GMB did not attend. Was the peace and reconciliation panel in South Africa constitutional that everyone summoned appeared?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by teemy(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2015
if a 1961 affidavit was produced for a 1964 certificate it begs to check what the affidavit was used to achieve within that time period of 3 years. it would set a bad precedence if the general cannot produce the needed and clear up the mess.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by turbodee: 8:30am On Mar 01, 2015
If i get u rite u mean we shouldn't focus on things that demand us doing the rite thing first by meeting the constitutional demand of attaining the minimum requirement before going ahead to cause a change in our society.
Things like this may not mean anything to them but it does to us cus we have a group of ppl whom we know have been part of our problems for many years only to move to another side to claim saints overnight preaching change cus they're now out of favour.
true change cannot come from apc or buhari's govt. We're already experiencing change right now. strong opposition voice and not ppl cus the ppl're only fighting for their pockets n not for the society.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by teemy(m): 8:31am On Mar 01, 2015
truly affidavits can serve for a while till the original is presented but if the timestamps are then found to be different, it shows someone lied under oath hence the possibility for why the original cannot be presented as a new drama would unfold.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by M4gunners: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2015
MORNDEW:

Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/
Op i hope the money you were paid to write this trash will be enough for you to live till 2019? I have a bad news for you bro. GEJ till 2019 no to certificate forger.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by teemy(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2015
within president goodluck's 6years of leadership a lot has fallen out of place without the zeal to set it aright. if the general wants to make the much deserved change he needs come with a clean slate so that blackmails would not limit his plannings.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by leofab(f): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?
wait for the govt to spoonfeed you; keep waiting for what Nigeria will do for you and not what you can do for Nigeria.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by redcliff: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2015
Elxandre:

Why should they? It is left for the Country and it's citizens to press their candidate for it.

Considering the energy APC expends on denying even the subtlest of propagandas, every discerning person knows they would have gladly brought home proof from UK, shoving it into our faces. Ha here is 'His holiness' General MB's certificate. In fact Tinubu would have presented it during a rally.

I think most have pardoned him anyways until this brainwashed fella brought up this hogwash of a lopsided article.

I don't care if he gets disqualified or not, but I just want APC and it's fans to know that not everyone is gullible.

Why should they not? If you did not go to cambrige and claim you went in a situation like this, any institution would not hestitate to deny you . They have an integrity to protect.. the constitution asked for an SSCE. It was provided so every other qualification is just mere appendage
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by codedguy1(m): 9:09am On Mar 01, 2015
Poznan:

INEC's regulation demands that any candidate attach photocopies of his educational qualifications. This ammended constitution in 2011 was not there when Buhari used affidavits. That is why it is imperative that he produces it. Secondly, Buhari doesn't need to have a WAEC cert to qualify. A first school leaving suffices. Bt having filled it in his form, sworn under oath about it, he sure ought to produce it. That is d law heis talking about.

This is the simple truth. But we all know that whenever we say sch cert we are actually refering to second sch cert. If Buhari interpreted it as only sch cert he would have brought his Pry sch cert and refer to the constitution which only stated sch cert and not secondary sch cert. He knew they were asking for secondary sch cert that's why he did not attach his pry sch cert(assuming he has).

Since he deposed in the affidavit that he has wasc, which is secondary sch cert, he must produce it. Infact it is too late for Buhari because even if he produces it now it was not submitted befoer the deadline and as such he should readily be disqualified. Its the Law!

Please, when did cambridge confirm Buhari sat for an exam?

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by kuderrich: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2015
I still dnt understand hw some people think. We can not be fooled or cajoled into supporting someone u and I knw is nt fit, a man who doesn't knw d full meaning of his own political party,inec and forgot d name of his running mate. If they knw he's d best, why did they refuse to support him in wen he was in ANPP/CPC, is it jst nw they realise he's d best? Wise up guys................

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 01, 2015
Like Seriously? So you really told your friend that? Okay, telling your friend thrash does not mean he failed to understand the abysmal shallowness of your thinking faculty.
A candidate that has carefully and insolently decided to berate the Nigerian electorate by avoiding to appear for a debate where he could have cleared the air of vagueness on several issues that have condemned him to a perpetual political Periodic index of loss but chose to do same for international media has actually shown us the relevance of thoughtfulness and the premium he places on Nigeria.
To tell you the truth, such a candidate will NEVER RULE Nigerians cos we mean nothing to him.
Those international geo-political enclaves should carve out offices for Him that do not require paper qualification so that he can show them the relevance of War College experience
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Naijiant: 9:22am On Mar 01, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Ignorance is really a problem in this Nigeria. According to Section 131(d) of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria,
Section 131: "A person shall be qualified for election
to the office of president if .. (d) he has been
educated up to at least Senior School Certificate level or it's equivalent.

Now , tell me how do will know he has a Senior school certificate? Buhari should just present his certificate and clear
the wave instead of all this ranting.
Read the constitution and stop exposing your own ignorance. At least read the article in the link provided that gives you a very clear steer on the constitutional requirement, backed with relevant quotes and case law on the matter! In the abundance of water the fool is thirsty! I produce the link again. Read it and come back let's talk.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/the-real-story-about-buharis-certificate-wahala/

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by donJ2(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

The fact WAEC confirmed it; IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? Why don't you people face the relevant issue? Is this not the same man that has ruled this nation previously? Is he not the one that contested for the same position the last time here?

Please permit me to ask, DO YOU HAVE A JOB YOU ARE HAPPY WITH? DO ALL YOUR BROTHER'S AND SISTERS (GRADUATES OH) HAVE JOBS? DO YOU HAVE LIGHT AS I SPEAK? NOT GEN OH! ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT TIRED OF SUFFERING. undecided

Y r some Nigerian youths so delusional, during obasanjos regime, none of my relations were employed, but during gej, a relation got youwin grant....

U even talk of power, can u compare d power generation of d previous regime to d current one...

Lemme tell u, d problems of Nigeria cant be solved by buhari quote me any where any day.

In my own reasoning, if a bsc or phd holder fails as a president, I wud rather try a prof than trying an uneducated bigot grandpa.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by rexzqcom(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2015
Silly write up. Is not the duty of foreign press to vet our candidates. That's our duty. Those countries elected officials and candidates frame their certificates on the wall of their offices.
#BUHARISHOWUSYOURCERTIFICATES
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2015
bibiking7:

[b] I swear, if you had provided proof of the actual Nigerian law that GMB is bending, I would have spent the remaining days to the election telling people about it, but all you did was dance around and accuse people of insulting you over the internet. In defence of those that you claim insulted you, i think you made it easy. I have seen about 2 post in this same thread that quoted the section of the constitution that concerns this matter, and i believe that the reason why they were able to quote it, was because it backs up the message they are trying to pass. You have not brought forth any proof of a law being bent. I don't care about the foreign media talks, I dont even believe the ratings they come up with (cos they talk about a country's economy from the outside, but we the people know because we are on the inside).
The basic things are being ignored. I have never seen such ridiculous campaigns before in my life, PDP will come to rallies and talk about the religion of the candidate of the opposition angry, APC will come to rallies waving brooms and dancing shoki angry.
In my own opinion, the wrong questions are being asked. The basic questions are;
1. Is He qualified to contest (yes, INEC cleared him to run)
2. Can He do the job (You can answer that one based on his antecedents, manifesto and or your own criteria)

Now, I was not alive during Buhari's Era or reign, but i am alive now and i have witnessed GEJ's tenure.
1. Is He qualified to contest ( Yes)
2. Can He do the job ( For me its a NO, cos i have seen no manifesto, and his administration has done a couple of stuffs, but have really missed the mark. Just the boko haram menace is enough to defeat all his efforts, because from Mid last year till today, do you know how many people have been killed by boko haram? but the president has only deemed it fit to curb the menace 6 WEEKS angryto the election, and for any reasoning person, the only message that this sends is that the sect was left to operate intentionally.) Plus, for me even a small significant improvement in power would have worked, but it has only gotten worse and i don't see it getting better under Jona in the next 8 years not even 4.

There is only one question for all Nigerians, and that is, ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW (in terms of welfare) THAN YOU WERE SINCE THIS ADMINISTRATION COMMENCED. when you can answer that question, you will know the candidate to vote for.

P.S. The best campaign i have seen in Nigeria so far is the APC VP candidate. its reasonable and straight to the point. Kudos to Osinbajo cool. [/b]

plus, WHO DA PHUCK REMOVES SUBSIDY AND INCREASES FUEL PRICE ON THE 1ST DAY OF THE YEAR, while people are still celebrating. shocked That still gets me laughing, is it that it was so urgent that it could not wait till february or for 2 weeks into january, GOD.... Or would the economy have collapsed within that one month.
Thumbs up for a well articulated write up. Let me make my position clear briefly:

1. The constitution requires that a presidential candidate should be educated up to school certificate level or its eequivalence.

2. Many believe that Buhari has a higher qualification than school certificate having attended the famous US war college.

3. In his nomination form, he filled school certificate as one of his qualifications with evidence of sworn affidavit that the certificate was with the military board.

4. Citizens became suspicious knowing fully well that no one keeps his original certificates with his employer when serving not to talk of during retirement.

5. Military board was approached and it confirmed the people’s fear that the school certificate was not with military.

6. Military was in possession of a letter written by Buhari's secondary school principal that he would pass the examination.

6. Meaning he joined the force using a covering letter written by his principal instead of 'school certificate'.

7. Remember that Buhari had already sworn to oath in a Federal High Court, Abuja that his school certificate was with the military board.

8. In Nigeria swearing to an oath falsely is criminal and is termed perjury.

9. Cambridge examination body says it can only divulge a candidate's examination score / result on the request of the candidate.

10. Buhari instead of writing and requesting Cambridge examination body to clear the air opted to go to his secondary school to get a statement of result.

11. Even with that, the name on the statement of result he got from his school was different from his name ( Mohammed but we know to be Mohammadu)

12. Buhari might have a higher qualification than school certificate but how did he ascend to that level?

14. Because he can perform so Nigerians should be quiet over a perceived case of arrant display of falsehood from a potential president?

15. I'm sure you know that if you gain admission into university and even go up to 300 level with first class CGP, you can be dismissed from the school if it is found out that you entered with fake/forged O level result.

I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by NaijaNaWaa: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:

Thanks for the memory upgrade. It sickens me that Nigerians just can't be logical for once. The Buhari #CertiGate like you observed is a constitutional matter not a trivial one to be waived off by the skewed judgement of oyibo journalists.

Besides, these interviews sometimes come at a fee. It's not unusual to ask that embarrassing questions not be asked as a precondition for paying and granting interviews. Nigerian youths need to reason. The way they think frightens me that the future is doomed.

Thanks again for enlightening them.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dafuturis(m): 10:29am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:

In other words you saying APC bribed Cambridge to include the name Muhamadu Buhari as one of the student that sat for WASC in 1961.

The General has said his original certificate was carted away when Babaginda's men raided his home. What's too difficult to understand here. INEC is neither complaining of the statement of result he submitted or are they?

Bro! Nigeria has better issues to tackle not Buhari's cert.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2015
dafuturis:

In other words you saying APC bribed Cambridge to include the name Muhamadu Buhari as one of the student that sat for WASC in 1961.

The General has said his original certificate was carted away when Babaginda's men raided his home. What's too difficult to understand here. INEC is neither complaining of the statement of result he submitted or are they?

Bro! Nigeria has better issues to tackle not Buhari's cert.
No, you got it wrong sir.

1. Cambridge has not released/disclosed his result.

2. Cambridge examination body says it can only divulge a candidate's examination score / result on the request of the candidate but the general has not requested.

3. He opted to go to his secondary school to get a statement of result.

4. The name on the statement of result he got. from his school was different from his name ( Mohammed was the name on the statement of result but all other documents of his carry Mohammadu).

5. At first, he swore affidavit that it was with the military board.

6. Military board was approached and it was found out that it was a letter written by his principal that 'he would pass the examination' instead of school certificate.

7. He would have made it clear at the beginning that Babangida stole his school certificate instead of saying things that never existed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Buratai Town / Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / 2023: Jaruma Drums Support For Tinubu, Shuts Comments Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.