Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47282 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by meforyou1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
killuminati:
GEJ is a clueless Baboon

Sambo is a FAT Pig

imPatience? "She's a Sheepo" - Soyinka

FFK is Fool

Fayose is a local Dog

Mimiko is Rat

Koro the criminal

JK, I don't know

Wike is a Cultist

PDP is Boko Haram
This edit, u spray this your rubbish with multiple usernames

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Joshuadon: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

PLS RECEIVE MY HANDSHAKE..........

1 point

8 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by LydayBobo(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?
Maybe you should his post again because all your concerns has been addressed. Please read it slowly....again

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by yuio22: 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
cool
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by DaBullIT(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
killuminati:
GEJ is a clueless Baboon

Sambo is a FAT Pig

imPatience? "She's a Sheepo" - Soyinka

FFK is Fool

Fayose is a local Dog

Mimiko is Rat

Koro the criminal

JK, I don't know

Wike is a Cultist

PDP is Boko Haram

GEJ is their Commander

His mission is to destroy Nigeria completely

[size=18pt]C'est fini[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Eluwilussit(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
MORNDEW:

Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/

What do you mean by surgeon? No wonder you posted this trash. Where were the international media houses when Obama was asked to show his birth certificate? Hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by LewisO: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
[s]Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Aslawish(m): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:

My friend before speaking the all english in the dictionary and quoting that you did not understand, u should go and read section 318 of 1999 constitution as amended to understand the meaning of school certificate

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by AreaFada2: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:

Don't mind the OP posing as a pseudo-intellectual.

The issue of how to qualify for an elective position in our country is not a matter of US, British or Qatari law. So, CNN, BBC or Aljazeera won't care. They wouldn't even fathom an unqualified candidate going through electoral commision screening successfully. But nothing is impossible in Nigeria.

Rest assured that they (foreign media) would gleefully use it to mock us if it turns out that GMB actually committed perjury by lying under solemn oath of affidavit or wasn't qualified. Refusal to come out and clear the certificate issue demonstrates his aloof disposition and disdain for rule of law, accountability, criticism or diverse opinions. The exact reasons his subordinates gave for overthrowing him in 1985.

If Buhari had been suspected of breaching their own (foreign) law, that would be their first question. Don't forget they still see us as a people who just cannot get their acts together.

GMB's refusal to appear at OPUTA PANEL would, in a sane country, render him perpetually unelectable in the eyes of the public.
But in 9ja, we don't know our right from our left.

Even this OP, an under-50 I suppose, still doesn't believe that integrity is paramount, has to be shown & not merely parroted. That the onus is on a condidate to comply and be seen to complying with every law, irrespective of status, position or whatever.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Popemax(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Heard Buhari is planning to bribe cambrige to provide fake certificate bt they have refused.....

4 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by abduljabbar4(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
this monkey got banned and now u are using another account. Your name also, is not isa abubakar. You are a christian

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by johninhos(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
berem:
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!
Berem at her very best
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is the same reason i have not spoken about this certificate nonsense, its absolutely foolish if ask me.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by DaJulee(f): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
I WONDER HOW A STUPID AND LAW-UNDERMINING POST LIKE THIS CAN MAKE FRONT PAGE!

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nickymezor(f): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
Dannyset:
If our media outlets had talked about the EkitiGate issue the way they talked about Buhari certificate issue, we would have uncovered a lot by now. Even the food we eat in Nigeria these days is politicised.
Hahaha. ..truetalk bro smiley

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by stonecoldcafe: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
k

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
EdCure:

You shouldn't have said anything. You're not cut out for a debate of this nature.
It is better to keep quiet and be presumed wise, than to speak and remove all doubts.
Nice article op thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Reptyle(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.

I apologise on his behalf for the "insult." Please point out the aspect of the constitution or the law that Buhari breached as stated in your earlier post.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Zil1(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
I don't know why people can because of interest be so blind to what is right.
Common sense will argue beyond all reasonabke doubt, that if you are asked to bring something and you don't, my brother yoy don't have thay thing #simple.
That the international media did not ask questions as regards his educational background is not proof that they know he already has it. you can lie down hand in crouch and phone in hand and type such ill fitted and senseless fiction and feel that Nigerians will swallow hook line and sinker your baseless logic. #bombmakers .

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by andyanders: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
Brilliant post herein. Buhari,APC or PDP is not what I am after here. The problem most times centers on our inability to reason well.What can you as a leader offer the governed.Jonathan with his so called PHD cannot speak bold or act like an intelligent leader. His wife is another case. Since Jonathan said that stealing is not corruption, then what is corruption I ask?
I hated APC but a change has to come and Buhari is one of the Nigerian's Elder statement who is not corrupt. Let Jonathan go and let us try another leader. Jonathan has lost focus.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nkpommpko(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:

oh stop all ready.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
onatisi:
The op is simple naïve. So because the international media did not ask buhari ,that means our local media too shouldn't ? And when did our national politics starts following international media standards? So the op is so ignorant and navie not to know that apc and buhari media team can tell them which areas to touch and which areas not to talk about ? I don't even think the op knows that most of these interviews are paid for ,it is all part of PR job. The op is a primary school teacher that knows nothing about politics .
BBC, CNN, nd Al-Jazeera interview paid for?
Now let the world know who is more naive nd knows nothing.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by chukzyblingz(m): 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
The foreign media is only playing a supplementary role. and it would've been good if they remain neutral.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by AmaechiLinus(m): 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
In order words, if i can speak a very gud English and can dress properly like a doctor, .i should given job in d hospital when i know nothing about medicine? Nigerians, what kind of change are we preaching? Are we going to change 4rm bad 2 worst? GEJ IS OUR SOLUTION.

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Elxandre(m): 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Have most Nigerians gone Mad?

You don't even know when to separate objectivity from politics. smh..

This is exactly Nigeria is a third world country.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by onatisi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
MORNDEW:

BBC, CNN, nd Al-Jazeera interview paid for?
Now let the world know who is more naive nd knows nothing.
shaaaraap if u don't know just shut up. PR companies pay all those stations to do interview for their clients . Why do u think apc employed an american pr company to handle buhari image? Or do u think it is because of you.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MrFairplay4ume(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:

It was because of people like you I bought my own constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The constitution was very explicit school Cert or its equivalent! which ability to read and write is part as confirmed by INEC. we tin be ur qualification?

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Elxandre(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
chukzyblingz:
The foreign media is only playing a supplementary role. and it would've been good if they remain neutral.
Make no mistake, these same people will still insult and make snide remarks at Buhari if he eventually becomes president.

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
AreaFada2:

Don't mind the OP posing as a pseudo-intellectual.

The issue of how to qualify for an elective position in our country is not a matter of US, British or Qatari law. So, CNN, BBC or Aljazeera won't care. They wouldn't even fathom an unqualified candidate going through electoral commision screening successfully. But nothing is impossible in Nigeria.

Rest assured that they (foreign media) would gleefully use it to mock us if it turns out that GMB actually committed perjury by lying under solemn oath of affidavit or wasn't qualified. Refusal to come out and clear the certificate issue demonstrates his aloof disposition and disdain for rule of law, accountabilty or criticism or diverse opinions. The exact reasons his subordinates gave for overthrowing him in 1985.

If Buhari had been suspected of breaching their own (foreign) law, that would be their first question. Don't forget they still see us as a people who just cannot get their acts together.

GMB's refusal to appear at OPUTA PANEL would, in a sane country, render him perpetually unelectable in the eyes of the public.
But in 9ja, we don't know our right from our left.

Even this OP, an under-50 I suppose, still doesn't believe that integrity is paramount. That the onus is on a condidate to comply with every law, irrespective of status, position or whatever.
what has his writeup got to do with Oputa Panel?

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Locapito(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
chronique:
@ OP: point of correction;Cambridge never confirmed He sat for the exams in 1961. They only said hausa language was set for exams in 1961. They said they can only confirm it if Buhari comes forward to ask for his result to be released. We're still waiting for Buhari to go and ask them.
keep on waiting ooo, another gej's robot. GMB cannot be pushed around by Bastard turned thug fayose and a shameless with no integrity GIGOLO ffk. If ur clueless and incompetent gej is not sure about GMB cert, he should direct one of his robot in the person of antorney general of federation to file a case on this matter.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by debco(m): 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
Now,its 1964 he sat for Cambridge,
No longer 1961.
The earlier U ppl come out plain and admit he never sat for any exam,the better.

Can't you just open your eyes and read well. It is being stated 1961 by op not 1964...u beta go dey use wiper

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by tit(f): 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ha!
this apc people no go kill person ooo.
All this grammer na because them ask Field Marshal Buhari to bring his school certificate?
As him reach Chatham house, him no kukuma branch reach Cambridge collect his certificate?

Una mean say the man come back without getting his certificate?
Eleyi gidi gaan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Buratai Town / Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / 2023: Jaruma Drums Support For Tinubu, Shuts Comments Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.