Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47280 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by akatonero(m): 2:56am On Mar 01, 2015
GEJ till Buhari provide it's certificate
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by klimson: 3:10am On Mar 01, 2015
This APC mole you are speaking too much grammar. This is very simple. Wasc certificate is a requirement to run for an office and you are required by law to present it. You dribbled everyone until you saw you were not succeeding with it. You went to one school and brought a fake one and presented to Nigerians. You were encouraged to go to UK and bring at least a paper evidence from the said school that you possess such. You didn't. Yet you swore an affidavit you had one. And and some APC fool are here telling me about the professionalism of foreign media. In UK, do you run for an office breaching an electoral law? He just did. Yet APC won't see anything wrong in it. Yet they keep shouting like senseless he-goat; criticizing every move made by PDP.

Yes, l agree Nigerian media is unprofessional as you said. Case never finish? Abegi show us your certificate. l presented mine along with other credentials before l got admitted in the university. Maybe l should have made noise all over the place that Nigerian universities are unprofessional. See me see wahala o! They still de yan this tory?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by acidtalk: 3:34am On Mar 01, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
MY FATHER is a terrorist
MY MOTHER Is bokoharam
BUHARI till 2019
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by babestella: 3:45am On Mar 01, 2015
means:
Nice observation but we are not unaware of PDP scheme to 'purchase' a court judgment on March 19 to disqualify GMB. The plot is gathering momentum already. APC should brace up to it quickly.

It's not about the court judgement, it's about the rule of law as spelt out in the Nigerian constitution.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by jorlons(m): 3:48am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

Exactly where in the constitution is a presentation of school certificate stated?? Exactly where please
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by ayindejimmy(m): 3:49am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.
Be Matured and modest enough to refer him to the law. That's how you win a debate... Not by replying a rant wit a rant.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by InvertedHammer: 3:59am On Mar 01, 2015
erico2k2:

let us go back to the ABC logic of things like this.you wnet to pry sch and secondary school right, don't you have class mates? cant you remember at least two people you sat WASC with? wont they remember you? if you was in GMB shoes wont at least 3 people come out and say hey, we sat with himthat's me just thinking aloud.what do you think?
/
They did. If GMB attended military college in USA, that is a proof that WASC is a non issue unless it can be established that he forged the certificate he used in gaining admission to the college.

This should be the least of the problems facing Nigeria. It is diversionary.
\
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by jorlons(m): 4:03am On Mar 01, 2015
mikeansy:
The international media could have also ignored it because the matter is in court.

Nobody questions whether Buhari is more educated and more exposed than WASC

But if Buhari claims to have WASC and swear an affidavit on that basis then he must be able to produce. That the international media did not talk about it does not mean it can be wished away.

Buhari must subject himself to the laid down rules like other candidates and produce his certificate!

When the time comes the world media will speak on this issue!

The man swore an affidavit stating that his qualifications are with the military. So how does qualification translates to mean only WASSCE.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Ofornaira: 4:05am On Mar 01, 2015
Splashme:
This OP is a disgrace. . .

Even Obama was pressured to produce
his birth Certificate
Yes he was. When obama's case came up, he printed his birth certificate on t - shirts and the t- shirts were bought by so many Americans that year. I have not seen anything wrong in asking gmb to show his certificate. In fact it will boost the confidence we have in him if he shows his certificate.

2 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dotcomnamename: 4:17am On Mar 01, 2015
parkhurst:
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

[size=15pt]Thats what they do now. Any info that does not in favour of PDP, the mods will ban you. Nairaland has turned to something else. Seun's favouritism has taken his ability to advise his mods to stop practising their discrimination and bias. Smh. This is not the nairaland that i know before.[/size]
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by yungcheda(m): 4:26am On Mar 01, 2015
Waz dis op saying??
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 4:40am On Mar 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
They did. If GMB attended military college in USA, that is a proof that WASC is a non issue unless it can be established that he forged the certificate he used in gaining admission to the college.

This should be the least of the problems facing Nigeria. It is diversionary.
\
there is an adage where I live that says*Take car of the Penny and the pound shall take care of itself>for GMB to attend a school in the USA he dosnt need to produce any sort of cert.they have common entrance even till date,
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by vega84(m): 5:28am On Mar 01, 2015
Nice post. Bt where is his certificate? We belive he went to War college and etc. Bt let him jst show us simple. #vegatalks#
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by 9jatatafo(m): 5:32am On Mar 01, 2015
OP your write up doesn't hold water. I remembered how Barack Obama was pressured to produce his birth certificate. The British or Americans will not take the issue of WASC certificate lightly if it were their country GMB is from. Stop this hopeless name washing piece of propaganda! GMB's Chatham house appearance is suspicious because how come he went there ahead of schedule when we have pressing issues here in Nigeria. I repeat, no American presidential candidate or British Prime Minister candidate will ever leave their respective countries in the heat of campaign to come to Africa to deliver a lecture. GMB was so fast in responding to the PDP accusation of him going for medical treatment than he did to the issue of his WASC certificate. What is the big deal for GMB to tender his certificate. Enough of all these stupidity and show of shame being displayed by our so called leaders.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Carltonblaze(m): 5:36am On Mar 01, 2015
Are u blind or u can't read?Go and read it again and u'll see that he wrote 1961 dont know where u saw 1964
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 01, 2015
see what a reasonable man wrote under you and got almost 400 likes. all you apc fools just say sai buhari. muntula
berem:
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by tuborme: 6:05am On Mar 01, 2015
themilanway:
I had to like the post,the author couldnt have aptly put it more.

That all kinds of columnist have written all kinds of absurd and defamatory things just to spite,mudsling,hate,cast apersion on a qualified and eligible candidate by law of the land,only shows that some of these so called"journalist and media houses"have sold their journalsim principles,tenets and ethics for a pot of porridge

That a well respected media house home and abroad could stoop so low as to air defamatory and a ridiculous lopsided documentary which defeated the three primary functions of journalism,which are:To inform,educate and diseminate informations to the public.

That a well respected media house conducted an independent online poll between two leading presidential candidates to the public,only for it turn around to"rig"the result in favour of a"special candidate",accused the"evil"candidate of manupulating the result,only for this"respected"media house lies to be busted.

Need i say more about our so called"journalist"?

Go and get a job without your WAEC certificate...go with only your degree certificate and I will vote for Buhari. People thinking from their anus.

Buhari should come home and debate for us and stop romancing with those who want us all to be gay. CNN has 35% of their staffs as gay incase you dont know.

We vote in Nigeria and not in London.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by limmo(m): 6:12am On Mar 01, 2015
certificate or no certificate, Nigerians should jst remember this day: GEJ(New year present)-Jan 1,2012: price of peyrol#141 from #65 GEJ(Labour strike
forced him)-Jan 17, 2012: #97. una dey dere dey blow gramma !!!!!! pshwwwwwww!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by skillero(m): 6:17am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?
Its foolhardy that a graduate (I presume) will write something as Ludicrous as this in this age and time. What certificate does Aliko Dangote have? Why won't you ask for that if he offers u an 800k per month Job?
Summary progressive societies and organisations understand that a certificate will not do the Job! At best certificates are good f9 for window shopping!
Btw All those who filled the case are sponsored and just want to make money off politics. got that?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by vantage7: 6:23am On Mar 01, 2015
"After watching Mr. Buhari speak at the event and the questions and answers session, my friend said, they did not ask him about his certificate, i laughed, i said to him, have you noticed that none of the international media house has asked him about such issues? He said thats what he observed too. But why?

I told my friend its because the international media outfits sees it foolhardy and meaningless to question the certificate of a man whose profile of attending the prestigious US war college is still on Wikipedia."
QED.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Sajio(m): 6:26am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:
Thanks for observing 1964 too. Meaning saint Buhari lied under oath because he said 1961. It seems APC thrives in falsehood and violence.
... my brother when one lie too much, he seems not to remember the previous lines of his lies hence APC/buhari mixed the whole thing UP!! APC lies more than the founder of lies itself.. Gej is the Man carry gooo!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by skillero(m): 6:29am On Mar 01, 2015
tuborme:

Go and get a job without your WAEC certificate...go with only your degree certificate and I will vote for Buhari. People thinking from their anus.

Buhari should come home and debate for us and stop romancing with those who want us all to be gay. CNN has 35% of their staffs as gay incase you dont know.

Disappointing way to think. This only happens when people don't go to good schools. GEJ has made been on the same CNN and disgraced us because he cannot control what question s they ask The Economist(world renowned newspaper referred to him as a failed President. What more?
Guess u are the one that needs to stop thinking from your Butts

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 01, 2015
No wonder..! I knew it.! I don't discuss politics with people in abroad because they don't know anything.! You can't be in Lekki and be giving me gist of what happened in Egbeda! Because I won't believe it! What are u doing in abroad? Eh? Jonna supporters all leave in abroad. Those that didn't go through what we are passing thru during his tenure. Our girls are still missing, no good schools, roads n hospitals. Do u know that people run generator more than their own personal cars in Nigeria, what about those without cares, their generators consume more than their meal cus who want die inside heat?.? Should I continue to tell u more? Bros, when people are talking about Nigeria politics, people like u that ran away to abroad should sit down, fold hands n listen.!

erico2k2:

How U mean our own, am I not a Nigerian? just cos I live abroad don't take away the fact that I'm concerned about what goes on down there after all that's home for us all.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2015
No wonder..! I knew it.! I don't discuss politics with people in abroad because they don't know anything.! You can't be in Lekki and be giving me gist of what happened in Egbeda! Because I won't believe it! What are u doing in abroad? Eh? Jonna supporters all leave in abroad. Those that didn't go through what we are passing thru during his tenure. Our girls are still missing, no good schools, roads n hospitals. Do u know that people run generator more than their own personal cars in Nigeria, what about those without cars, their generators consume more than their meal cus who want die inside heat?.? Should I continue to tell u more? Bros, when people are talking about Nigeria politics, people like u that ran away to abroad should sit down, fold hands n listen

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by themilanway(m): 6:51am On Mar 01, 2015
tuborme:

We were you when he debated date 4yrs ago?

CNN wants you to be gay?Stop thinking from your anus
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by InvertedHammer: 6:56am On Mar 01, 2015
erico2k2:

there is an adage where I live that says*Take car of the Penny and the pound shall take care of itself>for GMB to attend a school in the USA he dosnt need to produce any sort of cert.they have common entrance even till date,
/
Really?

Do you think the diploma he earned from the military college in USA is equivalent, less or more than WASC?

Do not forget to factor the phrase "minimum requirement" in your consideration and answer.

In all the noise about certificate, Nigerians have forgotten the essence of the minimum requirement and what it is intended to achieve.

There you have it.

\

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2015
EdCure:

I was expecting you to refer him to the law.

INEC's regulation demands that any candidate attach photocopies of his educational qualifications. This ammended constitution in 2011 was not there when Buhari used affidavits. That is why it is imperative that he produces it. Secondly, Buhari doesn't need to have a WAEC cert to qualify. A first school leaving suffices. Bt having filled it in his form, sworn under oath about it, he sure ought to produce it. That is d law heis talking about.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nagoma(m): 7:13am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:

OPUTA panel was not constitutional and all had the option to appear or not. Buhari was just one of dozens who chose not to attend that aimless charade which resulted in nothing.
We are trying to salvage the country by voting honest, truthful and patriotic selfless person to head the government and restore the image of our Dear country from the corrupt, decadent , criminal , visionless divided picture we now present to the world and all you are talking about are innuendos and worthless , fruitless wasteful ventures like the OPUTA panel.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by DinoAnnberry(m): 7:15am On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari show us your certificate. grin
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by ibietela2(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2015
MORNDEW:

Tanx.

Yw
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by babestella: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2015
WASC is the least required qualification required by our constitution, up until today Mr. Buhari has not been able to show concrete and verifiable evidence that he even wrote the WASC and we are talking and trying to subvert the law. Even the best problem solver in this world will not enter UK or US without a passport which is a statutory document required by law as regards traveling. Please Buhari must come clean with his WASC issue before Nigerians otherwise this is just a micro version of the impunity we'll be seeing if he is not stopped by the court and eventually wins the election.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by sleemfesh: 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
abokikhalifa:
uve not still produse the law...we ar waiting to see it.... Mr good man
“A person shall be qualified for election to the Office of President if: (a) He is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) He has attained the age of forty years; (c) He is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and (d) He has been educated up to at least SCHOOL CERTIFICATE LEVEL OR ITS EQUIVALENT (emphasis mine).”

Oya, tell us another story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Buratai Town / Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / 2023: Jaruma Drums Support For Tinubu, Shuts Comments Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.