Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) (8059 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2009
Are you in love with someone in the military? Army, Marine, Navy, Airforce or ROTC?
How has it been falling in love with a mil guy even as a student in WP, Anapolis, Airforce Academy. . .
Okay, let's talk about military relationship. how is it like having a fiancee or fiance in the military?

do you dream of ever dating or marrying one?
for those of you married to one, how has it been like?

can you date, engage or marry a guy or lady in the military? Ladies what are the feelings like? fear of war, always gone, alone on the bed almost all the time? moves, etc share with us.

is such relationship different from any other relationship?

those in nig should come on in wink
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Encomium(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2009
It is equally the same as marrying ordinary person cos there is no much difference.
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2009
Encomium:

It is equally the same as marrying ordinary person because there is no much difference.

It is !!!

@ Post

Don't think I can hack it, at all. Too many what ifs cry
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2009
Iyalode, which one be nughtyrize again? Clear your mind tongue

@post
hehehehe, nooooooooo. But they are FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by JJYOU: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2009
watching
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2009
HeatFusion:

Iyalode, which one be nughtyrize again? Clear your mind tongue

@post
hehehehe, nooooooooo. But they are FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Na wa o, which one be NAUGHTYRIZE again angry I said "I can't h.a.c.k it na embarassed o ga o, if I said I wan nack am now, I would have understood grin

Yes i agree, they are a fine specimen to behold  kiss

Which one be heatfusion Is you trying to sound cool to attract ascorbic acid's attenshun cheesy
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by HorneyChic(f): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2009
Me think the question is silly and not worth opening a thread for
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2009
Busy_body:

Which one be heatfusion Is you trying to sound cool to attract ascorbic acid's attenshun cheesy
ah ahn, stop am o. . . .aba, let my secret be a secret. . . .So what if I'm trying to get a lil peroxide's attention angry angry grin
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2009
Like oops grin grin

Anywaz, that's my ban-side-line ID lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@post
Which one ia Naughtyrize tongue
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

ah ahn, stop am o. . . .aba, let my secret be a secret. . . .So what if I'm trying to get a little peroxide's attention angry angry grin

Your secrets are safe with me wink  wink  wink My tatafo mouth is sealed like this lipsrsealed

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin LOLOLOL!! grin grin You? I might as well make a thread about it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2009
I am upset and heartbroken that you don't trust me cry Check my name out again, its busy[b]body[/b] not busy[b]bein[/b], unlike her, I am only here to mind my business cool

Come o, wetin you do this time, lol grin grin grin
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by TOYOSI20(f): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2009
Encomium:

It is equally the same as marrying ordinary person because there is no much difference.

True, except for the travelling, absence, fear of loosing ones partner,

aside from that it really is just the same as anyother marriage, lipsrsealed
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2009
Busy_body:

I am upset and heartbroken that you don't trust me cry Check my name out again, its busy[b]body[/b] not busy[b]bein[/b], unlike her, I am only here to mind my business cool
Do you know what Iyalode means? cry cry cry

What did I do? I behaved like Busy_body for once, and I get lipsrsealed
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2009
HeatFusion:

Do you know what Iyalode means? cry cry cry

Of course I know what it means silly grin Iyalode is the Proverbs 31 woman, epitome of grace and highly favoured and sought after
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2009
Horneychic if the question is silly, ROAMO okay. it's so easy to do  wink

true the what ifs are manybut when you fall in love nothing matters don't you think?

Toyosi, you are right the traveling. i guess nig mil are lucky. you can easily 'work' it to stay put.

the loneliness got me thinking but . . .
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2009
the mil in nig seems to be rich undecided the ones here are self sacrifice na wah ooo
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by TOYOSI20(f): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Toyosi, you are right the traveling. i guess nig mil are lucky. you can easily 'work' it to stay put.

the loneliness got me thinking but . . .

Exactly!!

there are a host of other issues surrounding this kinda marriage, like the after effect of the war on these men, and

women, rehab might help, but they never really are the same after words, especially those in the military. . . . .
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2009
yeah that's why when pple are talking negative abt them, i just keep quiet. nobody knows the selfless sacrifice they are going through. . .
then again oyinbos don't play with their military men and women wink.

But falling in love with a mil guy here is soooooooo lipsrsealed grin
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2009
He might lose a limb in Afghanistan/Iraq, He might die in the line of duty, (risk of being a widow)
He might have sleepless nights from the number of people he has killed,
He might be disturbed from the bomb sounds he has endured.
They can call him for service when you are in bed.
And dont try to take him up in a fight. remember Mike Tyson/Robin Givens battery
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Busybody2(f): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2009
*Hauwa*:

the mil in nig seems to be rich undecided

What's not to love, I can definitely h.a.c.k this one grin Afterall we can always use some of the money to make sure he does not get conscripted to go and fight in any war wink
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by TOYOSI20(f): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2009
dayokanu:

He might lose a limb in Afghanistan/Iraq, He might die in the line of duty, (risk of being a widow)
He might have sleepless nights from the number of people he has killed,
He might be disturbed from the bomb sounds he has endured.
They can call him for service when you are in bed.
And don't try to take him up in a fight. remember Mike Tyson/Robin Givens battery

I agree, truer words haven't been spoken

The height of it is the PTSD, (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) these veterans suffer from, i mean their lives are

essentially permanently altered, it affects every thing they stand for, like being able to be a useful member of society,

being there for their family, heck they can't even be there for themselves, it really is sad. . . . . cry cry
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2009
@Toyosi,
So look out. No soldier, veteran for you. No even anyone who has ever travelled through Anapolis even on vacation.
Not even anyone who has ever been in Boy scout, man O war, Police department even civil defense.

In short Nobody in uniform for you.
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by TOYOSI20(f): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2009
dayokanu:

@Toyosi,
So look out. No soldier, veteran for you. No even anyone who has ever travelled through Anapolis even on vacation.
Not even anyone who has ever been in Boy scout, man O war, Police department even civil defense.

In short Nobody in uniform for you.

NOTED!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for u, u arent enlisting neither are ya, marrying any marine, naval seal, or military person, deal?? cheesy
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2009
Nooo. Nurses Uniform is the farthest i can go.

Me Veteran? Lailai. I love me life
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2009
dayokanu i have a sister at WP if you are interested wink

oh wellseeing is believing.

i wouldn't take one pinch of salt for my journey grin

Nurse uniform huh. . .the corp is there for you
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2009
@Hauwa,

Nagode. Ba na son ta.

I dont do anything in uniform.

If you like uniforms tell me I can hook you up with some guys in Gitmo. Heard they wear Uniforms too.
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Hauwa1: 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2009
thank you, i can find my way cheesy

busy body so you like the corrupt nature? aha!! grin

sounds interesting . . .the nigeria mil don't deploy (why?) unlike them in the West. they are always gone.
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2009
Nigeria Military deploy well.

Havent you heard of lots of them that went to Liberia, Sierra leone, Sudan and Somalia.

The other wait by the roadside to collect N20 tax
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2009
Who cares about Naija men in the military?

Haba, the American ones are so fine and segzyyyy, huba huba.

But I can't deal with one. . . .can't stand the "away from homefor a month or so" drama lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by illusion2: 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2009
Encomium:

Its different o !

During my NYSC,a Dr fellow corper was dating one lovely army corporal babe,d day she catch with anoda babe,na disaster o !

My friend had to disappear. It was't easy .

Military people have a different mind set .
Re: Military Relationships (Romance/Marriage) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2009
*Hauwa*:

thank you, i can find my way cheesy

busy body so you like the corrupt nature? aha!! grin

sounds interesting . . .the nigeria mil don't deploy (why?) unlike them in the West. they are always gone.

they deploy all the time. My uncle was in the army and he was gone so often his first son didnt see him for almost the first 3 yrs of his life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! She Said I Am The Most Ugliest Person She Has Ever Seen (photos) / . / Tango With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.