Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? (3493 Views)

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles / Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You have only two options: eternal life or eternal death.
It your choice, choose wisely.
Does God understand the meaning of death? I've heard from reliable sources that God actually gives people eternal life in hell fire so that he can satisfy his fetish of torturing people. I call bull sh**t on his options.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

lol so now its no longer sin but death..grin

the question still lingers [size=20] why not just allow adam and his wife die, why shorten your life cus of something you know nothing about?[/size]

@ italized words tho.. sin through adam and death through sin.. means he stiol blames you for adam's sin thats why you still partake in adam's death sentence..
I didn't mentioned the words "die", "death sentence" nor "shorten life".

You don't understand the meaning of death, even the wisest scientists don't understand the meaning of death and that why they can't stop people from dying.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
This is even harder to understand than complex calculations that quantum physicists posit. What is the name of the disease biko nu?
Exactly!
I don't understand why blind people will be claiming to tell the difference between two colors.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Does God understand the meaning of death? I've heard from reliable sources that God actually gives people eternal life in hell fire so that he can satisfy his fetish of torturing people. I call bull sh**t on his options.
Where is it written in the Bible that God give people in hell eternal life?
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
It's in the bible, you just have to read it for what it is. Think of it as just a book and you'll be able to get the full story. God isn't perfect and he has shortcomings, it's all in the bible.

So God is just another bloke like all of us, prone to errors and regret?

Then he should have received his sack letter a long long time ago. Lol

Btw, can you give us biblical references for all your above, or do we need to rely on your interpretations?

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I didn't mentioned the words "die", "death sentence" nor "shorten life".

You don't understand the meaning of death, even the wisest scientists don't understand the meaning of death and that why they can't stop people from dying.

another one... ok whats is the meaning of death abeg

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hildalicious(f): 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
And when pesin talk say the life wey I'm live for earth don do, say I'm no want more after death, God go vex. Na by force to want eternal life? Wetin I wan take am do?
but you know that a state of being alive is better than a state of death, and a living man is better than a dead man?
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

another one... ok whats is the meaning of death abeg
"But I see another LAW in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.".(Rom 7:23).
The word in upper case is what death is. Death is that law or power that cause you to sin even when you don't want to. It makes it difficult for you to do good. As long as death is in you, your nature can not be good but in every good you do there will always be a refine or hidden evil.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

"But I see another LAW in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.".(Rom 7:23).
The word in upper case is what death is. Death is that law or power that cause you to sin even when you don't want to. It makes it difficult for you to do good. As long as death is in you, your nature can not be good but in every good you do there will always be a refine or hidden evil.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

And this even makes sense to you

ok

DEATH
noun (plural deaths)
The cessation of life and all associated processes; the end of an organism's existence as an entity independent from its environment and its return to an inert, nonliving state.
You need a dictionary my dear friend not a bible that book have clearly made you **sighs** ok forget shaaaa..

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

We are saved from sin (cause, consequence, condemnation)

The cause of sin is the image of the first Adam. Everyone born of a woman is born in the image of the first Adam. When you become born again you're saved from that image and born again in the image of the last Adam -Jesus.

The consequence of sin is separation from God, and subjection to the dominion of Satan and the consequences of the fall. When you become born again you're delivered from the kingdom of darkness and dominion of the Devil. Now you have authority through Jesus over the devil and all the power of the enemy.

The condemnation of sin is spiritual death and the second death in the lake of fire. When you're born again, you receive eternal life (zoe) into your spirit and you come alive to God. And you will also not end up in the lake of fire -the second death. Which is where all who are spiritually dead will end up.

So jesus saved from sin, the cause of sin (image of the first Adam); the consequence of sin (separation from God, subjection to the dominion of satan); and condemnation of sin (spiritual death and second death -lake of fire.)

Hope this helps.

What a hopeless story sad

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

And this even makes sense to you

ok

DEATH
noun (plural deaths)
The cessation of life and all associated processes; the end of an organism's existence as an entity independent from its environment and its return to an inert, nonliving state.
You need a dictionary my dear friend not a bible that book have clearly made you **sighs** ok forget shaaaa..
Like I said the world does not understand what death is, if they do than they would had find a solution to death.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
ifeness:

Totally hopeless.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Like I said the world does not understand what death is, if they do than they would had find a solution to death.

If you had any brains, you would understand that death is just party of the cycle of existence.

To say" find a solution to death " is extremely moronic, and shows that you understand nothing, Zero.

If there is solution to death, then how would life renew itself, how would your cells find nutrients to renew themselves?

The chicken, fish, beef and vevetables you ate today for nurishment and sustenance had to die so that you my live.
Death begets life, you slowpoke.

There is no solution to death because it is not required. Death is necessary just as life is.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:

If you had any brains, you would understand that death is just party of the cycle of existence.

To say" find a solution to death " is extremely moronic, and shows that you understand nothing, Zero.

If there is solution to death, then how would life renew itself, how would your cells find nutrients to renew themselves?

The chicken, fish, beef and vevetables you are today for nurishment and sustenance had to die so that you my live.
Death begets life, you slowpoke.

There is no solution to death because it is not required. Death is necessary just as life is.
This is just a silly excuse for your failure to find the solution to death.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

This is just a silly excuse for your failure to find the solution to death.

He he he.
Yeah. Lets start with saving the lives of chickens, fish, snails, beef and vegetables that die for you in order to make up your daily overfed diets.

That should work out really well for you.

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
ifeness:

Till trying to comfort yourself with lies when you know your future is even more hopeless.

Telling yourself lies is not going to make you feel better about your hopeless future.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:

He he he.
Yeah. Lets start with saving the lives of chickens, fish, snails, beef and vegetables that die for you in order to make up your daily overfed diets.

That should work out really well for you.
OK, maybe you are the same as chickens, fish, snails, beef and vegetables but I am not.
I am not a worthless animal but the image of a God who will do anything to save me.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

OK, maybe you are the same as chickens, fish, snails, beef and vegetables but I am not.
I am not a worthless animal but the image of a God who will do anything to save me.

And what is a worthless animal.? The fishes, the cows, the chickens?

And who created these supposedly worthless animals, and why?

How really pathetic you religiotards are.

Be careful not to choke when next you are eating and nourishing your body and life with these supposedly worthless animals.

4 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by lepasharon(f): 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:

Be careful not to choke when next you are eating and nourishing your body and life with these supposedly worthless animals.

Imagine...lol

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by udatso: 10:07am On Mar 02, 2015
Hmmm. This is interesting. Where is Ifeann and malvisguy212 when you need them? Oh I forgot they are busy with attacking Muslims. Please come and explain this "simple" concept of your religion.
@ op I won't be surprised if someone tells you that you need the holy spirit to understand stuffs like this.
Wondering why no one had said it yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
plaetton:

How low has man fallen.
They now exalt animals and plants but disregard God their Creator.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hiswordxray:

How low has man fallen.
You are so ignorant. Does your faith not revere the lamb to symbolise the humility, facundity and sacrificial value?

Even your yahweh loved juicy burnt meat.

The next time you're hungry, perhaps you should eat God.
Yeah, Why don't you try fasting for eternity.

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by frank317: 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hiswordxray:

How low has man fallen.

After reading his post, the next thing your delusioned mind could make out was... "Animal I hail thee" and "God I can't worship u"

You called animals your God created worthless... And something u eat for nourishment worthless... You forget they live and breath like you. Probably that see you as hopeless too.

Come to think of it... Show some respect to all living things na... No b your God create them again?

6 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by GooseBaba: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hiswordxray:

How low has man fallen.

This is what happens when you delude yourself With mere writings of men and ignore reality. Things that sustains your existence you call worthless.

Guy let me tell you something. Nothing is worthless. You are worthy of something, let me take you to ateke toms lions and see if you are not worthy of a good meal to those "worthless" animals.

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
^^^
I called animals worthless and they attack me. It shows they actually worship food and other material things.

Atheist you have a god and that god is food, materials and your ambition.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hiswordxray:
^^^
I called animals worthless and they attack me. It shows they actually worship food and other material things.

hahahahahahaha atleast food actually works more than your God, money rules... Why don't you try living without both Food and money and see what i mean.. grin.

mind you if you ever eat or touch money again, it means you are worshipping it..

Praise the mighty fried rice and chicken cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by frank317: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hiswordxray:
^^^

I rather worship food than ur invisible God. At least with food I am sure of living and being healthy abi u no like food? Your God does nothing, he just remains anonymous and takes the glory for what food does and takes glory for our hard work.

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Weah96: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
ayoku777:

Everyone born of a woman is born in the image of the first Adam. When you become born again you're saved from that image and born again in the image of the last Adam -Jesus.

So infants are not innocent but filled with sins that someone else committed? Gotcha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2015
ayoku777:
And one error you're making that I noticed from your post is that you think christianity is all about morals.

Christianity is about Christ; and Christ represents more than just morals. Christianity is the imputation of the life and the lifestyle of Christ into a man.

And look at what Jesus has and has received through His death:

Rev 5v12 -Worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

All these things are yours as well in Christ, because you're an heir of God through Christ and as He is, so are you in this world through Him.

So morality is not all that defines christianity. Christianity is the revelation and reality of the glory of Christ in a man.

From your post, you created the impression that what did Jesus add to you, since you've always had morals even before being born again.

What Jesus added to you is His glory. That is, His manifest presence, All His riches, the full expression of all His attributes, the totality of His personality, All He his, has and does; and All His goodness.

Simply put Jesus gave you Himself and His glory.

Grow in your knowledge of who Christ is and you will automatically grow in the knowledge of what Christ gave you, and what christianity has added to you.

Shalom!

Nice one!

And let me add;

John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

^^^

We are chosen out of the world; that's why worldly pleasures leads to sin.

All the things mentioned in Rev 5:12 would be enjoyed in the world to come, in the Kingdom of righteousness where there is no sin! And the "saved" will inherit the Kingdom of righteousness for eternity!
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by itstpia8: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
Op you seem to be having something of a quandary since your personal life is at odds with your religion.

Why not stick to one ideology instead of both.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by itstpia8: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky / Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? / White Tail Chapel, Church Where Worshippers Worship Naked (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.