Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (46233 Views)

Where Was God On September 11th? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Superuser(m): 7:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Awamaridi
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KelvinC1(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
It is a SIN itself to ask who created GOD or question His integrity.. Have you ever heard the word OMNIPRESENT.. OMNIPOTENT.. OMNISCIENCE.. ETC..
#ADOYII..
I rather believe GOD is real and at the end He is not.. Than to believe He is not real in existence and at the end it turns out that He is for real.. I will be screwed..
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2015
KelvinC1:
It is a SIN itself to ask who created GOD or question His integrity.. Have you ever heard the word OMNIPRESENT.. OMNIPOTENT.. OMNISCIENCE.. ETC..
#ADOYII..
I rather believe GOD is real and at the end He is not.. Than to believe He is not real in existence and at the end it turns out that He is for real.. I will be screwed..
This is like the 10th person who have said this or something similar in this thread. Now you see why we say religion limits ones reasoning capability? These are the same people who claim there gods gave then "freewill". It isn't as if theists are dumb, but any theist who dares think outside the box risk sinning against the Almighty omnipotent who pop out from nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Edusouls(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2015
pagan, you are never a chrirtian so dont claim of being one...
mmsen:
'God' was created after mankind, by mankind.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Angelou(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

All gods have the same origins - the imagination of man.
yeah, from an agnostic's point of view.
quote: god is a projection of the human mind, out of fear of a supreme father figure - sigmund freud

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2015
KelvinC1:
#ADOYII..

Okay, for those who have been paying attention to my recent quotes regarding religion limiting research and enquiry, I'll like to add no.6 to the list. Proving my point beyond doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by CHIAAGRO: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2015
THE QUESTION IS COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL! GOD IS AN UNCREATED CREATOR. HE HAS NO BEGINNING NOR END! HE CREATED EVERYTHING INCLUDING TIME. SO YOU CAN NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTION OF "WHEN" OR "WHERE" ABOUT GOD. GOD EXISTS OUTSIDE THESE LIMITS AND HIS REGION OF EXISTENCE IS "ETERNITY". HE IS A SUPREME BEING THAT EXISTED BEFORE ANY WORK OF CREATION! HE CAN NOT BE CAUSED BECAUSE HE HAS NO BEGINNING. UNDERSTAND DEEP WITHIN YOU THAT GOD HAS NO CREATOR AND THAT MAKES HIM WHAT HE IS!
thanks
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
This is like the 10th person who have said this or something similar in this thread. Now you see why we say religion limits ones reasoning capability? These are the same people who claim there gods gave then "freewill". It isn't as if theists are dumb, but any theist who dares think outside the box risk sinning against the Almighty omnipotent who pop out from nowhere.

Lmao! We totally said the same thing right now man

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Angelou(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Horus:

If God created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if God is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.
BLASPHEMY!!!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2015
This question is tricky because it sneaks in the
false assumption that God came from
somewhere and then asks where that might be.
The answer is that the question does not even
make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue
smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things
that have a smell, so the question itself is
flawed. In the same way, God is not in the
category of things that are created or caused.
God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply
exists.
The first verse of Scripture tells us that God
created the heavens and the earth. The question
arises as to where was God coming from before creation?
Jokingly he said, God was preparing Hell for
people who ask such questions. He went to supervised the Hell he created for people that will ask this silky question.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by holyokoto(m): 7:55am On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:
'God' was created after mankind, by mankind.

Is Because most of us have been induced with fear, else to my thinking, You are correct else why would the Idea of Supreme being not having a unitary Origin?

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by holyokoto(m): 7:56am On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
John 10:25
Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father's name testify about me

John 10:38
But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that yebmay know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Read meaning into these passages , remain blessed

This does not tells us who created God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Samirana360(m): 7:58am On Mar 08, 2015
He wil tell us when we get 2 heaven

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Gboskee(m): 8:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Okay! Fine
start counting from 10 downward
(0). ALLAH is one and only. He created himself. He only knew whats is in his throne.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by jokesmaster: 8:03am On Mar 08, 2015
Don't Try To Learn What's Greater Than Your Brain..You'll Go Mad If You Do!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by CHIAAGRO: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
THE QUESTION IS COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL! GOD IS AN UNCREATED CREATOR. HE HAS NO BEGINNING NOR END! HE CREATED EVERYTHING INCLUDING TIME. SO YOU CAN NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTION OF "WHEN" OR "WHERE" ABOUT GOD. GOD EXISTS OUTSIDE THESE LIMITS AND HIS REGION OF EXISTENCE IS "ETERNITY". HE IS A SUPREME BEING THAT EXISTED BEFORE ANY WORK OF CREATION! HE CAN NOT BE CAUSED BECAUSE HE HAS NO BEGINNING. UNDERSTAND DEEP WITHIN YOU THAT GOD HAS NO CREATOR AND THAT MAKES HIM WHAT HE IS!
thanks
ALSO NOTE THAT SEEKING TO KNOW WHO CREATED GOD IS AN INDICATION OF A CERTAIN LEVEL OF DISBELIEVE! THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS AS IT PORTRAYS ONES QUESTIONING OF GOD'S UNQUESTIONABLE STATUS! MIND YOU,MOST OF THE PHILOSOPHICAL THEORIES WE LEARN FROM SCHOOL ARE SATANIC AND VERY DANGEROUS TO BELIEVE! ONCE AGAIN, GOD IS AN #UNCREATED_CREATOR!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2015
14june:
This question is tricky because it sneaks in the
false assumption that God came from
somewhere and then asks where that might be.
The answer is that the question does not even
make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue
smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things
that have a smell, so the question itself is
flawed. In the same way, God is not in the
category of things that are created or caused.
God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply
exists.

That definition itself makes God's existance unfalsifiable, hence, a fallacy itself.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
ALSO NOTE THAT SEEKING TO KNOW WHO CREATED GOD IS AN INDICATION OF A CERTAIN LEVEL OF DISBELIEVE! THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS AS IT PORTRAYS ONES QUESTIONING OF GOD'S UNQUESTIONABLE STATUS! MIND YOU,MOST OF THE PHILOSOPHICAL THEORIES WE LEARN FROM SCHOOL ARE SATANIC AND VERY DANGEROUS TO BELIEVE! ONCE AGAIN, GOD IS AN #UNCREATED_CREATOR!

Yes I know I have proved my point about religions limiting thinking but these guys just keep throwing them at me. IN CAPSLOCK THIS TIME!

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by harlexix(m): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2015
TopsyKrete:
I was in the midst of some students some time ago, engaged in some data update, when some of those student noticed i had some slice bread and moi-moi at my side.

They requested i give them the bread but one suggested i throw out a question, and that who ever gets the answer will have the bread.

I thought to myself, "hey, that's not a bad idea.

The next thing that came out of my mouth as a question was:

"Where was God coming from before HE started creation"?

They all gave up on my afternoon meal.

But seriously, where was God coming from?

Was HE lonely or did HE just acquire the power of the ALMIGHTY from a just concleuded war?

I need the house to help me out on this.

Thanks.
U are mad for askin dar question
Many are gone 4 researching on God
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by kgr8mike(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2015
I believe in one Jesus of Nazareth who came to this world and claimed that he is God.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The people of his day wanted to know where God is as we want today, but I think the answer is still the same. So I believe in Jesus. The scripture recorded that he died but was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven where he now is at the right hand of power. So I believe in him and he knows the Father. I believe him that both scripture and history recorded came to this world and claimed he is God himself. There is no other religious leader that made such claims. So Jesus is God. If you see him, you have seen the Father; if you know him you have known the Father.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by micrep3030(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Opinion
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 08, 2015
harlexix:

Idridmusty97 ^^^

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by haibe(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2015
KelvinC1:
#ADOYII..

This is the problem. Am a christian too but it's not a sin to use the brain God himself gave you, okay?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by handsome86(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2015
God exists outside of time. Since we live in
a universe of cause and effect, we naturally
assume that this is the only way in which any
kind of existence can function. However, the
premise is false. Without the dimension of time,
there is no cause and effect, and all things that
could exist in such a realm would have no need of
being caused, but would have always existed.
Therefore, God has no need of being created, but,
in fact, created the time dimension of our
universe specifically for a reason - so that cause
and effect would exist for us. However, since God
created time, cause and effect would never apply
to His existence.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by cardoso111(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2015
I am
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by haibe(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2015
harlexix:

who took them away,? Very silly comment

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by haibe(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2015
handsome86:
God exists outside of time. Since we live in
a universe of cause and effect, we naturally
assume that this is the only way in which any
kind of existence can function. However, the
premise is false. Without the dimension of time,
there is no cause and effect, and all things that
could exist in such a realm would have no need of
being caused, but would have always existed.
Therefore, God has no need of being created, but,
in fact, created the time dimension of our
universe specifically for a reason - so that cause
and effect would exist for us. However, since God
created time, cause and effect would never apply
to His existence.

One thing I know is that, the bible said IN THE BEGINNING, God created...

Even though the universe had not been created, it is not proper to say time was absent there. The word beginning cannot exist without time.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Johnysky:

lolzz this guy believes nothing can come out of nothing, but yet again he believes his God (a sky man) just came out of nothing, then magically created everything out of nothing... Imagine the irony..grin

You are very funny...I tried not to laugh at this, but I just could not. In fact, I'm still laughing as I type this.

I don't know why people waste time on proving things that do not fall within the boundaries of logic. No statement of fact or logical system can either prove or refute the existence of God.

Many great philosophers from Anselm to Immanuel Kant tried and failed. The existence of God is solely a matter of faith, nothing more!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by haibe(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
CHIAAGRO:

You think like a typical indoctrinated African man. Why did God give you a brain if he know it's capabilities and yet he doesn't want you to use it? Think Bro, think..

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by hustla(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Atheists will surely rape this thread LOOOOOOOOL
Spreads mat in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by searider(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Wanna discuss about God's existence? Bro, you go nearly run mad.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by hustla(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
thanks

You have failed to answer the simple question

WHO CREATED GOD

Just give a simple answer, dont come and start typing super story
If na Jona, talk am, if na Buhari, talk am. Argue with facts and ideas... not all this gibberish talk

I am not an atheist oo, Just saying my own cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo) / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Eliasu Zakari & Justina Nhyiraba Gyasiwaa: We Had Sex Only Once - Obinim Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.