Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Relationship Between AA And SS - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Between AA And SS (40098 Views)

Are AA women really scarce? / She Lied To Me She' AA ....and I'm Caught Up In Sex / Still On Marriage And Genotypes AA/AS/ Ss...why?pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

This choice remains largely yours to make.
An SS woman who has a child that is approaching 20 and another child just left my office.

I understand your fears and I do not judge you at all.

I don't know much about SS people but I know that it gets easier after a certain age.

OP, if I were in your shoes I will marry her. I'd do a little more research on how to handle her crises, become resolute and marry her.
I will not marry her out of pity, no.
I will not marry her out of desperation, no.

The Emboldened and Reddened Answers Your Question.

There are no immediate risks, your children won't have to suffer because of the choice you made.

People have towed the same path, while it is not all that have been success stories, there are actually success stories. What is wrong in believing and actually hoping for the best. When it is plausible, let us try to always practice selfless love. Its gains are eternal.

I don't believe in coincidences, everything happens as a small part in the grand scheme of things.
If you've met a dozen women in your lifetime and this is the one person you are pretty much positive about, while it remains largely unconventional, I would that you sit yourself down, take sometime off and meditate.
Call up the life giving spirit within you, the one that gives you understanding, the one that has led you to this stage of your life. Pray how you know best to. ["If she is mine, let every fear be dispelled and let resources manifest; if she isn't - cause us to separate peacefully and connect us with our partners, people who'll bring us peace of mind and happiness"]

I will not spoon feed you, even though I personally do not see a biggie, save for some unfounded fact that she might die tomorrow (besides, everybody dies; Aunt Shey is an SS in her late forties and is alive, has two kids, runs a fashion shop, drives a car......Sister Amy (28) on the other hand is very healthy, was very healthy actually, she died 2nd january this year. These two persons are/were close to me in varying ways.

Wisdom and understanding remains largely profitable to guide your path OP.

For someone or something whom you are sure is worth it, it becomes a risk in itself not to take the risk of being with that person for as long as it takes.
Peace smiley
like seriously u advice him 2 go ahead,,,i'm sure u knw nofin about sicklecell anaemia coz if u do u wouldn't advice ur enemy 2 go tru it...d pains alone,imagine ur child gettin 2 a certain age where u look @ him with joy n d next tin,he becomes strapped down like a labrat all becoz of d stupid mistake u knowinly gone into......imagine a world witout weakness,it begins now!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by NLSince: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
I come around often. Why do you ask?
Rolly83:

@poster,do you reside in Portharcourt?Just asking no offence.....
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by ify84(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
If you have the financial capacity to help her with her regular crisis...... Go ahead..... But be prepared, she will not go beyond 50.......(well, an AA may still not get up to 40) life na risk......... If married, don't give birth to more than 3..........

But on the other hand.....how do SS marry, incase op did not marry this girl, who will then marry her....

Life self...
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by NLSince: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks Bro
photographer:

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by NLSince: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks for this. I'll put it into consideration.

britiko:
OP, if you decide to go ahead with the lady
please, do not hestitate to register her with a good gynecologist immediately she gets pregnant.
A renowned one in Lagos is DR Abosede Afolabi of PAELON MEMORIAL CLINIC.
Shes a specialized gynecologist for siclke cell patients, she was trained abroad.
(she was on CNN africa some time ago.)

And if you are boxed up , when its time for delivery , your wife could go to Grady Health systems in Atlanta Georgia
they are affiliated with Emory Hospital. They have a sickle cell clinic there and her pregnancy will be well managed.With God, prayers and taking care of herself judiciously she will overcome.

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

AA n SS have no issues
However the only risk area is during labor but ifthis is managed (good hospitals or even abroad)
I see no issue

MizMyColi
angry tongue
dere is a reason why science detest SS ppl,if we continue 2 ignore d hazards,den dere comes a generation with 99% ss......so its a big no 4 me dats y i get my chicks tested b4 our relationship even heat up
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
Blainz:

The OP and the MOD that moved this to FP are sick.

If AA cannot marry SS then which genotype can? SMH

AA and SS are perfect match! They can never give birth to SS! I repeat they CAN NEVER give birth to SS

Mumu post
u really believe dat?? dey cant give birth 2 an SS...even some AS n AA do give birth 2 an SS.....dont ask me why?? even normal ppl do have a mad offspring due 2 mutation n close genetical repeatation coz dat lady's family mite sa wel be filled wit SS....

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
ochiosa:
It's risky but if you have the money you can take her for bone marrow operation .......... financial involvement is between 8-10 million.
hahaha,bro hope u r not mentaly destorted,,,,,10mil 2 threw around 4get dese formin nairalanders claim here how many bachelors could afford dat??if dey could dey wont come here posting trends
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:

You probably haven't met some, our family doctor is above 50 and SS. what do you say to that?
yea but he mite die any moment soon,,his life expentancy is jst like a poker bet..
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
lanxebony:
Science wise u already knw ur offspring will b AS. Dnt marry her outta pity or despiratn just do if u love her.
Many ss luks more healthy dan some aa. They have more dan enof iron in their blood dan any oda bloodgroup.
SS is nt a dx bt just a disorder of d blood. It cant b treated bt it can b manage. She might nt have crisis 4 long and wat she will always need is ur support and trust.
To help her u need to understand wat trigger her crisis and help reduce it to d minimal.
U are talking of her being ss wat about her genotype. U didnt think ur rhesus might complicate issue.
zip it u..any ss with enof iron in deir blood is nt an ss...by d look on deir faces alone irritates,dey r always smaller n dey never grow matured n deir weakness is way too disgustin....**spit* i would rada have none dan have my child hate me coz i made a weak choice so i dont hurt someones mere feelins

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
hamilton62:

Sincerely, this is a matured mind and wisdom radiant... I love this...
Thanks for hitting me with an impulse and God bless!
wtf,did u jst utter d wrd maturity,dis is d most ridiculous comment on dis trend...better believe it
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by pickabeau1: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Smartestelvis:
dere is a reason why science detest SS ppl,if we continue 2 ignore d hazards,den dere comes a generation with 99% ss......so its a big no 4 me dats y i get my chicks tested b4 our relationship even heat up

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
ebenezer4o2:
This is an interesting,enlightening,educative and ofcourse,a continuity extended thread.

My alternatives for the OP are:
1.U can go and marry her but no kids should be expected from her.
2.Adoption is ur only hope or;
3.Getting another supporting striker(wife) 2 do the bearing of kids(she shouldn't be a ss in this case).

In the same vein,am in same shoe with the OP,my suggestions above are my conclusion,how do u guys see it?
Hi,
1. why do you say this? any reason?
2. Absolutely wrong.
3. Not required.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Pamcrest(f): 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
Op, quality is preferable to quantity. No one knows when s/he will die. Many non sicklers die young too. If u truly love her as deeply as u convey and d feeling is mutual, then marry her, n hope for d best. Love her wholeheartedly, in good times n esp through d crises et al. Cherish every day u spend together n have a fulfilled life. It's not how long we live but how well. If God calls her too soon, at least u will be prepared to let go n d memories u have built will sustain u through d grief. God bless u.
Thank God u are AA so there's no problem with u both having children.
My humble submission
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
daddy y r u lieing like dis naw!!!!!!
if u can explain a blonde having negro parents with science den u can call me a bloody lier.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by lanxebony(m): 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Smartestelvis:
zip it u..any ss with enof iron in deir blood is nt an ss...by d look on deir faces alone irritates,dey r always smaller n dey never grow matured n deir weakness is way too disgustin....**spit* i would rada have none dan have my child hate me coz i made a weak choice so i dont hurt someones mere feelins
Smart why is it dat ss dnt take blood tonic dat has iron. Wen u knw less abt a disease conditn dnt talk much ön it. U cant knw a healthy ss by there look. How many have u met. Ss is nt a disease move out of ur ill mentality

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
lanxebony:

Smart why is it dat ss dnt take blood tonic dat has iron. Wen u knw less abt a disease conditn dnt talk much ön it. U cant knw a healthy ss by there look. How many have u met. Ss is nt a disease move out of ur ill mentality
Just ignore him bro. It doesn't take much to decipher his intelligence rating.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by lanxebony(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Smartestelvis:
u really believe dat?? dey cant give birth 2 an SS...even some AS n AA do give birth 2 an SS.....dont ask me why?? even normal ppl do have a mad offspring due 2 mutation n close genetical repeatation coz dat lady's family mite sa wel be filled wit SS....

Dis smart wc skul u go gan nah. 4 Mutation dats rare and its 1:10000 so dnt think aa and as can lead to ss coz mutation rarely occur. Think straight man
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by bola4dprec(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have produces one SS because of my selfish interest I am in need of AA now she must be muslim tribe as nothing to do with the relationship.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Polithiefcian(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
NLSince:
Hey Guys,

I'm in a fix right now. I created this account to seek advice about my current situation. I have seen some very good and some not-so-good advice being dished out here. I really hope I get more of the former.

So there's this lady who I'm interested in dating. infact, I was about to ask her out yesterday when one thing led to another and she told me she was SS.

Here's a little background to this:
1. I consider myself a good guy. I'm not a player and I can't date you if I don't see us heading to the aisle. I have been in relationships before which have ended but I don't date with the intention of ending it.
2. Because of Number 1, I don't just ask out anyone. I start by being friends and then if I see a future, I'll then take it forward else we mutually friendzone ourselves. I'm different, Bite me.
3. This Lady ticks most of the boxes I think is important. And I actually believe(d) that this would be my Last Bus stop. However, I don't want to get a wife who'll leave me soon.
4. I'm AA

I'll be grateful if you guys help me with answers to this:
a) Should I go on with this? or should I free her? or go against everything I believe in and break off the relationship once her next crises comes. (OMG, that's brutal. I'm cringing just writing that)
b) I know if we have kids, they'll be AS. What chances of survival does she have? at least to get up until 70. She's 25 right now.

Searching for a wife is hard. I really don't want to lose a good one (If I don't have to) and start searching again.

cc: MizmyColi, Kachisbarbie, Xiadnat, PickaBeau1, MatthewBriggs

I think we av folahan adesegun here

grin
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by amalex(f): 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
My dear,nobody can escape death wen it comes...AA,AS or SS... I won't ask u to marry her,won't ask u not to marry her. She myt b ur wifey,hav u taken this issue to God? Go to ur church minister and seek God's face.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
lanxebony:

Dis smart wc skul u go gan nah. 4 Mutation dats rare and its 1:10000 so dnt think aa and as can lead to ss coz mutation rarely occur. Think straight man
smilin,1st i dont fink i shld be talkin science wit u judgin 4rm d ratio u jst proposed....i mean dont u watch scientific documentaries wit an abnormal haemoglobin present d mutation can pick up anoda s from d mum dats if d mum's gene overpowers d male n yes,possibly it will occur....its best 2 remove all possibilities of it occurin coz anyfin is possible in science,dere are no truths,jst facts....u better learn dont be ignorant
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
lanxebony:

omg wot anoda vulga nitwit again,wots up u ppl dese dayz,,,so u mite as well say cancer is not a disease,go lolz dis is serious......i refuse 2 uproot u from ur ignorance,so keep it up till u r willin 2 learn......nite nite
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Noloss(f): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
May God help us to accept those things we can not change in life. Weldone sir

Namzy:

You've said it all albeit without rudeness. Thats why some people tend not to be rational. Well I apologize to any sicklers reading and understand your struggle cos ve seen it and sometimes its not pretty. Its a challenge.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
NLSince:
Hey Guys,

I'm in a fix right now. I created this account to seek advice about my current situation. I have seen some very good and some not-so-good advice being dished out here. I really hope I get more of the former.

So there's this lady who I'm interested in dating. infact, I was about to ask her out yesterday when one thing led to another and she told me she was SS.

1. I consider myself a good guy. I'm not a player and I can't date you if I don't see us heading to the aisle. I have been in relationships before which have ended but I don't date with the intention of ending it.
2. Because of Number 1, I don't just ask out anyone. I start by being friends and then if I see a future, I'll then take it forward else we mutually friendzone ourselves. I'm different, Bite me.
3. This Lady ticks most of the boxes I think is important. And I actually believe(d) that this would be my Last Bus stop. However, I don't want to get a wife who'll leave me soon.
4. I'm AA

a) Should I go on with this? or should I free her? or go against everything I believe in and break off the relationship once her next crises comes. (OMG, that's brutal. I'm cringing just writing that)
b) I know if we have kids, they'll be AS. What chances of survival does she have? at least to get up until 70. She's 25 right now.

Searching for a wife is hard. I really don't want to lose a good one (If I don't have to) and start searching again.

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
NLSince:
Hey Guys,

4. I'm AA

I kind of understand u sha,I have dated a sickle cell too(and I am AA) ,we later broke up cos she said I ws nt free with her dat we r better off as frnds(tho we r barely frnds now),bt I must confess,during d period of being together I was scared for our future,I didn't wnt to lose her at an early stage...so I kind of understand u.....now to my contribution,well I will wnt u to pray to God first and ask him if shes his will for your life,if his answer his Yes my broda carry go,I go even come u party,abt her dying at a young age,well I will tell u sometin,as one of d "commentors"have said in dis life its nt abt wu is more healthy who is nt,some of my collagues in school have died,amongs dem,dere were som dat had no health issue unlike me (I am asthmatic)by logic I am meant to die first sorrow for saying this but obviously I lived longer than sem.....secondly,If ur faith cn carry d responsibility of caring for a sickle sell,baba carry go ,I go even buy crate of coke for ur wedding(I no too get money now)...finaly dere is now medical solution for sickle cell (bone marrow transfer)if u cn afford it pls go for it(bt It has its risk too)...LAST BULLET:talk to God abt it,God can heal her...ALL IS WELL.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by ayokunlei(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

This choice remains largely yours to make.
An SS woman who has a child that is approaching 20 and another child just left my office.

I understand your fears and I do not judge you at all.

I don't know much about SS people but I know that it gets easier after a certain age.

OP, if I were in your shoes I will marry her. I'd do a little more research on how to handle her crises, become resolute and marry her.
I will not marry her out of pity, no.
I will not marry her out of desperation, no.

The Emboldened and Reddened Answers Your Question.

There are no immediate risks, your children won't have to suffer because of the choice you made.

People have towed the same path, while it is not all that have been success stories, there are actually success stories. What is wrong in believing and actually hoping for the best. When it is plausible, let us try to always practice selfless love. Its gains are eternal.

I don't believe in coincidences, everything happens as a small part in the grand scheme of things.
If you've met a dozen women in your lifetime and this is the one person you are pretty much positive about, while it remains largely unconventional, I would that you sit yourself down, take sometime off and meditate.
Call up the life giving spirit within you, the one that gives you understanding, the one that has led you to this stage of your life. Pray how you know best to. ["If she is mine, let every fear be dispelled and let resources manifest; if she isn't - cause us to separate peacefully and connect us with our partners, people who'll bring us peace of mind and happiness"]

I will not spoon feed you, even though I personally do not see a biggie, save for some unfounded fact that she might die tomorrow (besides, everybody dies; Aunt Shey is an SS in her late forties and is alive, has two kids, runs a fashion shop, drives a car......Sister Amy (28) on the other hand is very healthy, was very healthy actually, she died 2nd january this year. These two persons are/were close to me in varying ways.

Wisdom and understanding remains largely profitable to guide your path OP.

For someone or something whom you are sure is worth it, it becomes a risk in itself not to take the risk of being with that person for as long as it takes.
Peace smiley

kudos!!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
richol:
if u can explain a blonde having negro parents with science den u can call me a bloody lier.
have u found out whether d woman played away match,well let me google it if it had ever happened(dat d union of AA and SS produced SS all tru)
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by joshneku: 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mmmmm
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
Polithiefcian:

I think we av folahan adesegun here

grin
u r nt allowed to reveal someones Identity on nairaland without d person approving of dat
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Henrolla:
just chill and don't take it too hard. being SS doesn't mean she's definitely going 2 die any time soon. a girl of her age should have grown past the crises stage of her life. secondly, there's no possibilty of giving birth to someone with SS genotype. it's okay 2 get married with her if u truely love her.
my broda,marraige is nt all abt love tho love is one of d very most important.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by MazadoGoodman: 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
Only those who have experienced the sickle cell, either as victims or caregivers, can truly testify; not the sympathisers.
OP, if you care that much, meet people who're leaving with or in that condition and do a proper research...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do Men Grow Very Long Nails? / I Need Advise On What To Do About A Controversial Girlfriend / Lovers Of Nude Pics...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.