Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Relationship Between AA And SS - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Between AA And SS (40099 Views)

Are AA women really scarce? / She Lied To Me She' AA ....and I'm Caught Up In Sex / Still On Marriage And Genotypes AA/AS/ Ss...why?pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2015
ebenezer4o2:
give ur reasons why u think it's wrong.U want a ss kids n generations,right?Or u wanna put the mother in series of maternal problems aside the original crisis she'd face?
You initial post in addition to this reeks of Ignorance.
Get enlightened and you'll be grateful you are.
OP is AA, his chic is SS and you're talking of SS kids
All this has been discussed on pages 1-6, read it up and educate yourself.
I'm sorry if this come across as rude.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by kayangel(f): 11:51am On Mar 03, 2015
Op, i will not advice you to marry the SS lady. Its unfortunate that her parents had to put her through this pains but believe me the pains is better absorbed now than after marriage. I know the kind of emotional inbalance a close relation is passing through now because he married an SS. Though the had kids but mehn the few times she was pregnat ,she nearly died not until death took her finally because of her genotype. When she was alive she stayed on coke,pepsi,yoghurt,malt as though it was water. She was always having crisis that most times the spend 50k&more a week. I know it will break your heart to go but she is better a friend
. Though she might not understand but i pray that God will interven.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
kayangel:
Op, i will not advice you to marry the SS lady. Its unfortunate that her parents had to put her through this pains but believe me the pains is better absorbed now than after marriage. I know the kind of emotional inbalance a close relation is passing through now because he married an SS. Though the had kids but mehn the few times she was pregnat ,she nearly died not until death took her finally because of her genotype. When she was alive she stayed on coke,pepsi,yoghurt,malt as though it was water. She was always having crisis that most times the spend 50k&more a week. I know it will break your heart to go but she is better a friend
I am sorry about your relative. Coke, Pepsi and malt will do very little to help her health. She should have taken more of water, fruits and vegetables not artificial sugars like coke and Pepsi that has little or no effect on her well-being.
If I may ask what is the cause of the concurrent crisis? Identifying the cause and taking preventive measures could have gone a long way in helping her health. The causes that triggers her crisis was obviously not identified nor prevented.
SS patients can live a normal life.
Once again, I am sorry about her demise.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
nervorum:

NEGROES GIVING BIRTH TO BLONDES is a fxn of melanin, not blood genotype. That maybe possible.

The way the gene for skin colour is transmitted during development is different from that of blood genotype, which strictly follows the Mendelian pattern. This platform may not be the place to involve in any scholarly debate, besides, it does appear to me you may not have a Genetics background (no insult meant) Sir.

We do not use physical trait to determine who the parents of a child are not, but we can use blood genotype clinically to contest who the father or mother is not. Put another way, we can use blood genotype to show who the parents of a child are not, but we cannot use physical traits, for same reasons as in paragraph 2

SCIENCE DOES NOT CHEAT..HUMANS DO.
STILL NOT UNDERSTANDING ME.....THE GENOTYPES DID NOT MATCH THE NORMAL PREDICTION,A DNA TEST WAS CARRIED OUT AND THE BOTH HAPPEN TO BE PARENTS OF THE CHILDREN,NO ONE CHEATING......BACK TO THE STORY OF THE BLONDE......BLONDE IS MAJORLY ABOUT THE HAIR....THE SKIN OF A BLONDE IN MAJORITY CASES ARE WHITE,AND THERE ARE NO TRAITS OF BLONDE HAIR IN THE ENTIRE FAMILY.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by nervorum: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Consigliere:
It clearly shows that people are still ignorant ...
Lover boy marry her if you love her,I have friends and family members that are SS and they are living fine.My grandpa is SS and he died @ 80 yrs old.
My friend will be 30yrs old this year ...and its being like 10yrs ago since his last crisis..
My brother is SS too and you wont believe it if u see him... Plus he rarely fall sick.
So if she is the love of ur life take that leap of faith!

Why do i feel you are not sincere?
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by CarterDavid30(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
richol:
pray to GOD....cos ive seen cases that the aa marrying ss nd all the children are ss
How did that happen? I bet someone cheated. Lol
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by lanxebony(m): 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wts d diffrence btw a disorder and a disease. Ss is a disorder of d blood and nt a disease of d blood
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by CarterDavid30(m): 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
richol:
STILL NOT UNDERSTANDING ME.....THE GENOTYPES DID NOT MATCH THE NORMAL PREDICTION,A DNA TEST WAS CARRIED OUT AND THE BOTH HAPPEN TO BE PARENTS OF THE CHILDREN,NO ONE CHEATING......BACK TO THE STORY OF THE BLONDE......BLONDE IS MAJORLY ABOUT THE HAIR....THE SKIN OF A BLONDE IN MAJORITY CASES ARE WHITE,AND THERE ARE NO TRAITS OF BLONDE HAIR IN THE ENTIRE FAMILY.
when it comes to hair colour, skin colour, it can happen. But AA and SS giving birth to SS all through, Damn, someone cheated
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
CarterDavid30:
when it comes to hair colour, skin colour, it can happen. But AA and SS giving birth to SS all through, Damn, someone cheated
LOL, MAN.....NICE DISCUSSING WITH U......BUT SCIENCE DOESNT EXPLAIN ALL
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by IcyIcy(f): 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
nervorum:

At the present, stem cell transplant for adult SS patient is not possible. Limit is 11-12 years, it may be possible for slightly older pple , say 15 thereabout, but only in the absence of complications/sequelae.

Thanks, am not well versed in this aspect just reading up. Enlighten me it seems this seriousness of marrying certain genotype is only happening in africa? From where i am, we never had such genotype discussion or test done, we just marry whomever we love.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by nervorum: 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
richol:

My friend its impossible for aa n ss to birth ss.

In ur exact words, its easier to fool someone than to convince a fool he has been fooled
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by CarterDavid30(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
richol:
LOL, MAN.....NICE DISCUSSING WITH U......BUT SCIENCE DOESNT EXPLAIN ALL
Yeah you are right, science can be funny.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
CarterDavid30:
Yeah you are right, science can be funny.
i perfectly understand u.....
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Amsonme(m): 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
richol:
pray to GOD....cos ive seen cases that the aa marrying ss nd all the children are ss
there must be 3rd party here.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
Numerouuuno:

You initial post in addition to this reeks of Ignorance.
Get enlightened and you'll be grateful you are.
OP is AA, his chic is SS and you're talking of SS kids
All this has been discussed on pages 1-6, read it up and educate yourself.
I'm sorry if this come across as rude.
pardon,I initially wanted 2 say AS kids,thanks.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by ochiosa(m): 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
blessedfavoured:

yeah!!! i remember a church member did this yearsss ago. and they gave testimony in church. i was so young then i didnt understand the procedure. in my little mind i thought they drained all his blood and transfused new blood into him. That was the only way i could explain someone moving from SS to AA
It's not only the blood now but also the bone marrow as I write my younger cousin is in Indian for the operation which has been carried out successfully the only thing is that it takes time and money
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 3:20am On Mar 04, 2015
nervorum:

In ur exact words, its easier to fool someone than to convince a fool he has been fooled
not my words at all...nd i guess its the other way around cos uve decided to believe science fully nd to do such is folly...many laws in science have been broken over time.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by nervorum: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2015
richol:
not my words at all...nd i guess its the other way around cos uve decided to believe science fully nd to do such is folly...many laws in science have been broken over time.

I enjoy this engagement with you my friend. I like your point, i like your courtesy.

True, science has been broken severally, to make 'new science'. However there is no new teaching that differs from the current one, being that the mode of transmission of single, discrete genes is Mendelian, therefore not possible for aa n ss genotypes to birth ss. If you know any science that is different or any new finding, pls report it.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
nervorum:

I enjoy this engagement with you my friend. I like your point, i like your courtesy.

True, science has been broken severally, to make 'new science'. However there is no new teaching that differs from the current one, being that the mode of transmission of single, discrete genes is Mendelian, therefore not possible for aa n ss genotypes to birth ss. If you know any science that is different or any new finding, pls report it.
i'm absolutely aware that its wrong scientifically......according to u science has been broken to futher create new science......can u briefly explain that as in the case of two negros reproducing a blonde.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by nervorum: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
richol:
i'm absolutely aware that its wrong scientifically......according to u science has been broken to futher create new science......can u briefly explain that as in the case of two negros reproducing a blonde.

Now blondeness is about hair colour right? Physical traits/phenotypes like hair colour, skin colour, height etc are coded by a group of genes, not discrete, solitary genes like that of blood type. Their transmission is non-Mendelian.

So the blonde hair colour of the offspring of a negro may be because there was a 'small gene' for certain degree of blondeness in his genotype from his genetic ancestors, which may not have been expressed in the parents or grand parents. Genes produce protein. Multiple genes produce different proteins, which would combine to give a result different from the individual protein from individual genes.

Also the expression of this multi-genetic pool for hair colour may also be influenced by non-genetic environmental factors. The outcome of the proteins can be influenced by environment. It could also be possible that a mutation in the group of gene that code hair colour may have prevented the actual physical manifestation as you may have in dark parents birthing albinos.

On the other hand, the genes for blood type are discrete, single, stand-alone genes; not multiple genes 'coming together'. The mode of transmission of such is Mendelian, so the outcome in the offspring is 'fixed' and predictable. The result of blood genotype of an offspring is strictly dependent on that of the parents, not the ancestors. Therefore the result cannot be different from that of the parents. Blood genotypes are genes, not products of genes like physical traits
This is an attempt to explain the possibilities in your hypothetical negro giving birth to a blonde

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
nervorum:

Now blondeness is about hair colour right? Physical traits/phenotypes like hair colour, skin colour, height etc are coded by a group of genes, not discrete, solitary genes like that of blood type. Their transmission is non-Mendelian.

So the blonde hair colour of the offspring of a negro may be because there was a 'small gene' for certain degree of blondeness in his genotype from his genetic ancestors, which may not have been expressed in the parents or grand parents. Genes produce protein. Multiple genes produce different proteins, which would combine to give a result different from the individual protein from individual genes.

Also the expression of this multi-genetic pool for hair colour may also be influenced by non-genetic environmental factors. The outcome of the proteins can be influenced by environment. It could also be possible that a mutation in the group of gene that code hair colour may have prevented the actual physical manifestation as you may have in dark parents birthing albinos.

On the other hand, the genes for blood type are discrete, single, stand-alone genes; not multiple genes 'coming together'. The mode of transmission of such is Mendelian, so the outcome in the offspring is 'fixed' and predictable. The result of blood genotype of an offspring is strictly dependent on that of the parents, not the ancestors. Therefore the result cannot be different from that of the parents. Blood genotypes are genes, not products of genes like physical traits
This is an attempt to explain the possibilities in your hypothetical negro giving birth to a blonde
u just attempted but u can never say want went wrong.......presently scientists are still clueless to that regard
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by gidjah(m): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sacrifice ?!he will not go far with that phrase o!i have taught kids with this S S thing .abeg it is not a funny thing or a game to even talk about pls.you will just crash some day .one parents to one of my s s boy is a manager in first bank,the father is a very senior director with Phcn.they keep spending money on this young boys health till date.pls do not let your head control your heart o.else you in dey look for devil wey no lost !it is a seriously expensive game to venture in to my boy ,dont even go close
zyzxx:
It requires a lot of sacrifices
Can U?
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by alleazardous(m): 7:31am On Mar 05, 2015
richol:
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by alleazardous(m): 7:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Vyolet:
If you do not love her enough to sacrifice for her then do not go into the marriage.

There are many good girls around who are healthy with less health and financial burdens. Take your time and choose one.
Try to avoid stories that touch in the long run.

In another dimension,you can go ahead with a block mind that whatever happens is what is meant to be. If she lives to be the mother of your kids,fine and if she doesn't,you will atleast be glad you married who please your heart and no regrets.

On a lighter note,Life itself is a risk,whether AA or SS,whoever will live long will live long. The very healthy man or woman might die as a result of one thing or the other.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
And, the ignorance continues............... OP, I wish you luck in your FEAR.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
kayangel:
Ehhmmm.... Am sorry to say this, but if you are sure of the bolded then she killed herself and not necessarily because she was SS.
If you go through my threads, you will find where I have stated it severally that Junks is not meant for SS. Rather eat healthily.
Healthy foods..: Vegetables, fruits, lots of water, and avoid carbonated drinks and junk foods.
"My people perish for lack knowledge"
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
kayangel:
Op, i will not advice you to marry the SS lady. Its unfortunate that her parents had to put her through this pains but believe me the pains is better absorbed now than after marriage. I know the kind of emotional inbalance a close relation is passing through now because he married an SS. Though the had kids but mehn the few times she was pregnat ,she nearly died not until death took her finally because of her genotype. When she was alive she stayed on coke,pepsi,yoghurt,malt as though it was water. She was always having crisis that most times the spend 50k&more a week. I know it will break your heart to go but she is better a f[email][/email]riend
Ehhmmm.... Am sorry to say this, but if you are sure of the bolded then she killed herself and not necessarily because she was SS.
If you go through my threads, you will find where I have stated it severally that Junks is not meant for SS. Rather eat healthily.
Healthy foods..: Vegetables, fruits, lots of water, and avoid carbonated drinks and junk foods.
"My people perish for lack knowledge"
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Smartestelvis:
u really believe dat?? dey cant give birth 2 an SS...even some AS n AA do give birth 2 an SS.....dont ask me why?? even normal ppl do have a mad offspring due 2 mutation n close genetical repeatation coz dat lady's family mite sa wel be filled wit SS....
So much ignorance in this thread.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
SisiNini:
This SS genotype thing will not be as terrible as people claim if it's properly managed... One of my boss' is an SS and u can hardly notice... He lives his life like any other person; he doesn't fall sick... He actually did blood transfusion...

Also, my best friend in secondary school is an SS... She's very playful; she is fatter and looks healthier than me... (Although her crisis is nothing to behold)... She got pregnant and gave birth @ age 16 (normal delivery) and she's still very strong now... She's now 26 years old... She does not joke with her drugs...

AA marrying SS is the only solution to eradicate the sickle-cell menace in our society...

Pls can anyone enlighten me on the SC genotype... Thanks...
Please, you need to understand that the FEAR of the unknown and ignorance makes people to stay clear of SCD person. I am a SS and I live a normal and productive life. God being kind, I have my own family now.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Abali1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
adedejisy:
Don't even try it....I'm in that kind of challenge and as I'm right now I don have saving cos when she always had crisis and also my daughter too ...I spent close to 30,000 in every 2months...God is my trust and faith to get out of this challenge
Will you be kind enough to elaborate on the bolded?
If I understand you well, it means that you have the AS genotype and married a SS.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Abali1:

So much ignorance in this thread.
yea i senced dat too,
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Ellashow: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2015
nervorum:

Sometimes, we can't just explain science and you'll be doubting what you read.
Let me now tell you my own close friends case, the husband is AA while the wife is SS and their first child is AA, so, how can you explain that. They base in UK and they have done the genotype several times and it still comes out AA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do Men Grow Very Long Nails? / I Need Advise On What To Do About A Controversial Girlfriend / Lovers Of Nude Pics...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.