Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893013 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:56am On Jul 29, 2015
peaceful22:
Hello NL

Ecobank has resumed giving PTA at N199.50 per a dollar, just make sure u hv existing account and has bn active for 6months. It takes 2days to be approved after ur ticket and passport has bn summited. I gave them my documents yesterday waiting for them to call for my cash. Will let you know if i am given.

My account with them is 10 years and counting lol... Pls update God bless... Don't forget to update with branch too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
peaceful22:
Hello NL

Ecobank has resumed giving PTA at N199.50 per a dollar, just make sure u hv existing account and has bn active for 6months. It takes 2days to be approved after ur ticket and passport has bn summited. I gave them my documents yesterday waiting for them to call for my cash. Will let you know if i am given.
shocked Unfortunately i don't have an account with them. Please who knows of any diamond bank branch in lagos selling pta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Just called my accts officer in ecobank grin she confirmed dat they just started selling on Monday,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Oya na Ecobank tins.... #acctopening#
Lolz shocked grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
coefoe:
shocked Unfortunately i don't have an account with them. Please who knows of any diamond bank branch in lagos selling pta?

Just Google there customer service and ask.... they will tell you the branches that can give you PTA if they are still giving..... as at yesterday a stanbic customer service person called me cos I just opened an acc with them and when I asked about the PTA she said they don't give in portharcourt but they give in some branches in Lagos....called sth like watercress branch and two other branches in Lagos.....
Do call and ask since your pressed for dollars.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by steffii: 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Luckychild2015:
Hello house, I will like to share my POE experience. I eventually changed the #1m into Dollars @ black market rate of #225 sad
I flew Iberia to Newyork, it was lovely I didn't expect it to. Had 7hrs stop over in Madrid. I used da fast track lane in Lagos, it was VIP treatment all da way grin
I arrived in Newyork 4:20pm US time yesterday.

Cbp: why are u here?
Me: Vacation and Child birth.
CBP: What do u do back home?
Me: Business woman
CBP: will ur husband join u later?
Me: Yes
CBP: How long are u staying?
Me: Told him
CBP: Have a safe delivery. He stamps me in for 6 months.

No secondary inspection.
He didnt ask how much I had on me. I for just no change da #1m oooo cry

I want to say a big thank u to everyone in this forum, u guys rock. God bless u all.

Please, was it in Newyork you delivered?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pls @phema @ nerfetitiram @shawbabe and all other veteran mums pls what are the most important vaccines to get for the baby before traveling back home apart from Hep B shot?and all other vaccines needed sef.pls help ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cgese: 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
steffii:

Please, was it in Newyork you delivered?

Lool. I never do this but this Steffi's question is just funny. The lady just travelled yesterday so how can you be asking if she delivered yesterday. Sorry oh...na joke.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Newmum15:
Pls @phema @ nerfetitiram @shawbabe and all other veteran mums pls what are the most important vaccines to get for the baby before traveling back home apart from Hep B shot?and all other vaccines needed sef.pls help ooo
. I'm still awaiting my Precious Cargo.

Even me sef need the info. Sorry I couldnt be of help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Newmum15:

The only one my son got was Hepatitis B vaccine.

We came back when he was 5weeks plus and he got the rest in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi,

It depends on how many weeks you will be there. My sons had the under listed in the US.

At Birth - HepB

At 8 Weeks - Hep B, DTap/DT/TD; Rotavirus, Hib; IPV and PCV.

Some babies take the second dose of vaccines as early as 6 weeks though.

Ensure you request for your babies immunization card so that there wont be any mix up in Naija.

Newmum15:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Newmum15:

Depends on how old your baby is when you're coming back. They get the hep b at birth then 6 weeks or more can get the first set of shots.. Below 6 weeks, you'll come and get them in Nigeria (don't forget to collect BCG regardless).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Mommas, has anyone used hospitals/doctors in Philadelphia and Rhode Island? Thats where i have my relative who i will be putting up with. I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Detty16:
Hi Mommas, has anyone used hospitals/doctors in Philadelphia and Rhode Island? Thats where i have my relative who i will be putting up with. I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks much!

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/57
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/58
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/61

Send a pm to punch for Rhode Island https://www.nairaland.com/punch/posts

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
God bless U Popri...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
bbaby84:

Depends on how old your baby is when you're coming back. They get the hep b at birth then 6 weeks or more can get the first set of shots.. Below 6 weeks, you'll come and get them in Nigeria (don't forget to collect BCG regardless).

Please Which 1 is BCG?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
sucre26:

Please Which 1 is BCG?
Bacillus Calmette-Guerin for prevention of Tuberculosis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tatanda17: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hello Mommas,

Trust you're doing great today, I need your help to contact a doctor/hospital in Chicago or Indianapolis.

I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Detty16:
Thanks much!

DCMH Philadelphia
Dr fee-$1,500( including tests)
Hospital-$6,000(for both vag delivery two days stay or CS three days stay whichever one you're having. Bill covers both mother and baby)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tatanda17:
Hello Mommas,

Trust you're doing great today, I need to contact a doctor/hospital in Chicago or Indianapolis.

Thanks a bunch.
Got this from a nairaland mum:

Check Mount Sinai Hospital Chicago and get phone numbers to call
Doc fee was $2050 for vaginal delivery. I dint know this fee till after I delivered because they said they cannot give me a quote cos dey dont know how the delivery will be.
I paid $30 for each doc apppintment and all my tests from Nigeria was accepted by my doctor. He was also a Nigerian.
Then I paid an extra 202 dollars for something else but I was given a 50% discount so I ended up paying $101.
Everything was sha below $4,500.

When I got to the financial councellor they gave me a number for the doctors office. So I called to book an appointment.
Then the lady on the phone told me they actually do have a Nigerian doctor and they could make an appointment with him for me. I said I don't mind o. That id probably feel more at ease with him.
They were all nice there.
The doctors office is just about 2mins walk to the main hospital. They are a group of doctors affiliated with the hospital called Access (you can google access group of physicians affiliated with mount sinai chicago). So its them you pay not the doctors directly you get

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tatanda17:
Hello Mommas,

Trust you're doing great today, I need your help to contact a doctor/hospital in Chicago or Indianapolis.

I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a bunch.

u need our help to contact a hospital, like u wanna use our phones or emails to contact a hospital wink grin

Or do u mean u need a doctors/hospitals to contact in Chicago/Indianapolis ... Then in that case the answer is in ur hands
1. Read through the thread or
2. Use ur search option it's faster and better

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
TATANDA17

Chicago Dr

I know Dr Akere ( Google him) grin grin

Don't know why his name keeps popping in my head
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Popri our new encyclopedia grin grin

But just wait behind, more questionnaires coming... Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tatanda17: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks alot,

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tatanda17:
Thanks alot,

Cheers
Sweetie

When u conclude on a hospital and use the hospital don't forget to come back and share ur experience... It's called giving back..
Where Popri got info for u, it was available because the person shared her experience .

Xo wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
I'm not aware of such policies by CBN,some branches would just probably take precautions to PTA issuance dues to the current volatility in the exchange rate.Interbank rate as at today was about N199.. to a $1,but the advice for us all is to buy PTA immediately tickets have been booked,no one can predict CBN new directive.

bankers in the house enlighten us about this CBN directive.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=Beryl15 post=36403711]
Thanks Berly15...have a lovely evening
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
firsttymum:

Sweetie

When u conclude on a hospital and use the hospital don't forget to come back and share ur experience... It's called giving back..
Where Popri got info for u, it was available because the person shared her experience .

Xo wink
Very true @ firsttymum....pls share so others can benefit
I will share mine too God willing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tiwalope:

I'm not aware of such policies by CBN,some branches would just probably take precautions to PTA issuance dues to the current volatility in the exchange rate.Interbank rate as at today was about N199.. to a $1,but the advice for us all is to buy PTA immediately tickets have been booked,no one can predict CBN new directive.

bankers in the house enlighten us about this CBN directive.

also if u see black market dat is cheaper dan 230 please buy so u have enuf cash on u because it will still be cheaper dan swiping ur card.

I used fidelity card on moday, d conversion rate was about 239.

jus used my fcmb and it was bout 235. dats like buying from black market abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=Detty16 post=36406687][/quote]
You're welcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
shimk:

also if u see black market dat is cheaper dan 230 please buy so u have enuf cash on u because it will still be cheaper dan swiping ur card.

I used fidelity card on moday, d conversion rate was about 239.

jus used my fcmb and it was bout 235. dats like buying from black market abeg.

That's bad o
Black market in Abj is 236 today, imagine..

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.