Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891720 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2015
@sucre26, thanks for sharing your experience with us. At least you just saved nairalanders the stress of passing tru this heartbreaking bill. Thank GOD you and baby are fine. GOD Will surely refill your pocket. E-hug. Maryland mama's Shee una don hear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2015
@justwise comman see
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2015
firsttymum:
@justwise comman see
Madam aswear! U sure no be DSS be your day job?! shocked shocked grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marylandmama: 9:45am On Aug 01, 2015
sucre26:
I forgot to add the doctor's fee of $2300 and $385 for pediatrician . The hospital knows I'm self pay. They said they can only give a discount of 1% if the total Bill is paid within 1 month. I'm not ok with th bill but I have no choice now but to pay it. I've made part payment to pay the rest later.
[color=#006600][/color]

@sucre26,

Thank God u and ur baby are doing great. I agree with you that maryland is very expensive. I stayed with my uncle so I didn't have to pay rent and transport mysef to the doctor's office. I used Howard County hospital and my doctor's fee was $3300. Hospital quoted $8500 for VD but I ended up paying $5412 for myself cos I didn't use epidural and $818 for my baby. Ped fee was $ 290.
This is for mamas considering howard county hospital Maryland.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DoVee(f): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2015
Pls someone should pm me contact of Ruth Okiomah of precious cedar homes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aye88: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2015
roberta26:

Thank you very much this info..God bless u
Please il like to get more information from you..im in maryland n i must say..its a terrible place when it comes to hospitals the prices they quote shocked..its bn fustrating..please kindly share more info about the hospital u used..d pediatrician and co...il b looking frwed to ur response. .
P.S. this thread is awesome..v bn a silent reader n follower. ..God bless u guys

Like I said earlier, I used Inova alexandria hospital virginia. They give 50percent discount. Peadritrician is Dr hibas macus. His office is at maryland. Though I didn't use him while I was at the hospital. Dr is Dr ansera. His fee is 2500.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by julzz(f): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2015
ojsimsim:
Please has anyone wAited for more than 4 weeks to get baby's birth certificate in El Paso. Kindly share# worried mom

Check (www.epcounty.com),click on public relations, then birth records,then input your baby's names as given in the hospital and follow instructions. If it's confirmed ready go to birth certificate office and pick up.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
I don't think people understand the use of the LIKE button, @sucre26 got daylight robbed by her DR & the hospital and people find that "likeable" Very strange!!

@sucre26,

You are ok, baby is ok.. we thank God for his mercies, if you can't fight them to heavily discount that bill (VB oo), shocked , just take heart for two reasons...

1. That amount can never BUY the pali.

2. Your baby will grow to reward you in multiple fold for the labour of love.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

I don't think people understand the use of the LIKE button, @sucre26 got daylight robbed by her DR & the hospital and people find that "likeable" Very strange!!

@sucre26,

You are ok, baby is ok.. we thank God for his mercies, if you can't fight them to heavily discount that bill (VB oo), shocked , just take heart for two reasons...

1. That amount can never BUY the pali.

2. Your baby will grow to reward you in multiple fold for the labour of love.

As if ur own bill is child's play grin grin grin grin grin If not that your husband is the MD of Mobil

*runs out of thread*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
nefertitiram:

As if ur own bill is child's play grin grin grin grin grin If not that your husband is the MD of Mobil

*runs out of thread*

Keep running... smiley & i'm pleading the fifth!! lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
modath:

Keep running... smiley & i'm pleading the fifth!! lipsrsealed

I'm pleading the 2nd, right to own guns, just in case you come running after me! Chicago, oh my Chicago! Land of my (LO's) birth. Better give people coming to Chicago the Maryland caveat now o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iyoyoworl: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Pls does any one know of any cheap hospital in Jacksonville . I used UNF Shands when I had my first child and it was quite expensive. Would love to know if anyone has had experience with any other hospital around there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks @marylandmama @modath.. God is in control
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Black market is 210 today,Diamond bank stopped receiving foreign currency deposit and other banks joined too.dis scared a lot of mallams which brought down their rate.just confirmed from my aboki oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by coffeeblue(f): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
shelly23:
Google st joseph's hospital, someone mentioned it to me when I was considering Tampa.

Thanks shelly23,

St Joe said they wont attend to me until i come over which is in some months time. So i want to know if the hospital you used in Florida was able to attend to you before you got there, and if you also paid the hospital bills before travelling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
What you need from them is an estimate, they don't need to attend to you for anything else.

I used Winnie Palmer in Orlando and I called them, asked for the financial advisor then asked her for an estimate and she sent it to me. I didn't make any payment until I went to register for my scheduled CS.

coffeeblue:

Thanks shelly23,

St Joe said they wont attend to me until i come over which is in some months time. So i want to know if the hospital you used in Florida was able to attend to you before you got there, and if you also paid the hospital bills before travelling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
OMary83:
Black market is 210 today,Diamond bank stopped receiving foreign currency deposit and other banks joined too.dis scared a lot of mallams which brought down their rate.just confirmed from my aboki oooo

Its a false sense of security,.... same as post elections when BM rates were even lower than the official rates, as long as the CBN will not sell FX to importers of some specific items & we don't have commensurate stuff to export to balance out the importers' FX needs, Naira will continue to take a hit.

On another note, Fidelity debitted my account for 227.9 for my walgreens POS purchase, thank God it was an experimentation with 24$ , thank God for stanbic card.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by coffeeblue(f): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
shelly23:
What you need from them is an estimate, they don't need to attend to you for anything else.

I used Winnie Palmer in Orlando and I called them, asked for the financial advisor then asked her for an estimate and she sent it to me. I didn't make any payment until I went to register for my scheduled CS.

Thanks a lot Shelly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
]Is there anyone that has process USA passport in naija. Or do u know anyone that did that.

Pls pls any infor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ladyjoie: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hello everyone,
This thread has been really helpful,
So let me tell my experience,
Travelled with emirates with my hubby (who I didn't want to travel wit considering how easily bored he can get)
Enjoyed the flight to dubai, during which I told my hubby I had pain in my back, he calls d air hostess n says my wife is having cramps, they all come running to my seat with gloves n panicky faces, I had a good laugh. I said I just need some pillows o, hmm n more juice pls,lol
the layover in dubai was 7 hours,
The wait was endless, thank God for my hubby, got two free meal tickets from emirates which I utilised well
Then the flight to jfk,choi!! Prayed, walked and sat on d floor, slept, still we never reach, no compression socks. Feet didn't swell though but my back was bearing all d pain, hubby had to use aboniki,
Then we got to JFK. Meanwhile the flight had a few Nigerians and mostly foreigners., met a retired female pilot who kept me company with gist as I stood by the lavatory inhaling all the oyibo poo
No wheel chair for me in JFK. Did d long walk, tired of sitting self, then the long wait.
35 mins later, hubby n I are in front of a mean looking CBP officer, just back from his lunch,
My hubby whispered just smile God is in control
CBP :hi
Oga: hi there
Me:muffled hi, too tired for drama
CBP: what r u here for?
Oga: vacation n my wife is having a baby
CBP:why did u come all the way just to have a baby?
Oga:this is a beautiful country, lovely place for vacation and of cos better health care for madam
CBP: as Oga is talking, stamps his passport then asks him for fingerprint,
CBP: turns to me so where r u heading?
Tired me:Atlanta
CBP:how long would u b staying?
Me:two months n my hubby say a month
CBP:when r u due?
Me: august
CBP: how much do uhave?
Me:told him, was less than 10k
Stamps me in as I do d fingerprint and pic stuff and says enjoy ur stay,
Thank God, had declared food so headed to agricultural after luggage claim
Approached wit my long tummy , the officer took one look at my tummy. And said in a low tone, any garri,vegetables?
I answered, no just some dried spices n ogbono
Then how much do u have? Told him
He turns to my hubby n tells him take some of our luggage to d scanner,
We r done in two mins.,got a Ghanaian taxi driver to take us to our hotel, close to laguardia airport, we planed to spend d nite then get to Atlanta in the morning
Stay tuned for part two( too tired to type again)
To God b the glory

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
Greetings y'all.
So I got into dallas today with my family
Flew Emirates with layover at dubai.
Flight transit and POE was quite uneventful. ....
Requested wheelchair service for wifey at dubai n dallas. ...
Landed. ..got her in d wheelchair and attendant. ...expressed baggage pick up and jumped the line to immigration.

CBD: hello
Me: gud day
CBP: passport please
Me: hands him
CBp: wat re u here for
Me: vacation n childbirth. ...
Cbp: looks at wifey
How long you staying
Me: 3 months although I'll be out n return just b4 delivery cos I gotta get back to work
CBp: u declared over 10k
Me: yes
Cbd: welcome to the US ..pls proceed to baggage check. .
Got there. ... they gave me form to fill for declaration
Agric
What you got. . Fresh fruits. ...vegetables. ..yam. ..
Me: no no n no. ...
Scans bag. ..we waka pass
Cbp dude stamp us B2 all...buh funny didn't write anything like 6 months validity.
No biro whatsoever. ...
Hmmmm
...we me sha jejely carry my kaya. ..settled n adoring to see doc on Monday. ..
I'm not sweating myself since I don't plan staying more than the month's. ....
Anyone see any biggie with the CBP officer not writing anything abt validity all in our passports. .just stamped n biro B2

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=olokings post=36513345]Greetings y'all.
Landed. ..got her in d wheelchair and attendant. ...expressed baggage pick up and jumped the line to immigration.

Congratulations Olokings...Thank God for everything.
Enjoy your stay and I wish madam safe delivery
Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 12:21am On Aug 02, 2015
So this is my POE testimony......30th July

I flew BA to New Jersey with a 4hour stop in London,the flight was very nice except that the crew members were too busy because it was a very full flight.So fast forward to Newark airport,I was about the 4th person on a particular queue infront of a Oyinbo CBP officer but a black officer who had closed his counter smiled at me and beckoned at me to come to him!I think he did this because he saw I am pregnant.So I smiled back,carried my kaya and went to him and the following ensued;

CBD:Hello
Me:Hi,good day
CBD:what are you here for?
Me:for child birth
CBD:childbirth?
Me:yes,childbirth
CBP:what makes you think you can come all the way here to have your baby?
Me:because I wrote the embassy to let them know my intention as I had an existing visa
CBP:did you get a response?
Me:yes I do(handed him my correspondence)
CBP:have you contacted any doctor?
Me:yes,I handed him the doctor's correspondence and appointment letter
CBP:what does your husband do?
Me:I told him
CBP:do you work?
Me:yes,I do so and so....
CBP:put in your fingers on the machine(did my finger print)
CBP:kindly follow me please,then we went in for secondary inspection where the lady just asked for return ticket and stamps me B2 without any time validity.
I spent about 7mins in all and went to agriculture as I had declared some food items.
At Agriculture;
You declared some food item so?
Yes....
Put bag on scanner,
I did and picked up bag at the other end,
Agric guy checked my passport and handed it back to me..

This is my story of favor,oh I forgot.When I filled my landing card,I forgot to fill my US address,the black Cbp officer just asked me for the address and he filled it for me.Right now,I am just resting.Will start my hospital search on Monday as Dr Fares is too far from me.
Thank you all for your meaningful contributions especially,the burden of proof thing and change of intent letter advice.
God bless you all.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 12:26am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=olokings post=36513345]Greetings y'all.

CBD: hello
Me: gud day
CBP: passport please
Me: hands him
CBp: wat re u here for

Me: vacation n childbirth. ...
Cbp: looks at wifey
How long you staying
Me: 3 months although I'll be out n return just b4 delivery cos I gotta get back to work
CBp: u declared over 10k
Me: yes
Cbd: welcome to the US ..pls proceed to baggage check. .
Got there. ... they gave me form to fill for declaration
Agric
What you got. . Fresh fruits. ...vegetables. ..yam. ..
Me: no no n no. ...
Scans bag. ..we waka pass
Cbp dude stamp us B2 all...buh funny didn't write anything like 6 months validity.
No biro whatsoever. ...
Hmmmm

Congrats,I just shared the same experience,the officer just stamped me in and wrote B2 on the stamp.I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:54am On Aug 02, 2015
@olokings, congratulations.

On not stamping the expiry date, it's likely an omission, but it doesn't matter.

You can use this website to check the correct expiry date.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html;jsessionid=nRWgV9pGP8bPzk9tLPwRn2yTg7Lp287kWGxtqDWlFL4H46nDhLdp!-1676962991
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 2:23am On Aug 02, 2015
Yeah tnx plenty much.
By the way. ..I carried
Indomie, Poundo yam, what flour, pap, stock fish, dried fish, bitter leaf , cocoa yam grinded, grinded crayfish, dried vegetable (ugwu) ...etc. ..head like 3 extra large duffel bags just for food items. ...

[quote author=bisilola post=36514789][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 3:45am On Aug 02, 2015
Please does anybody know of any reliable shippers in Dallas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Anyone with any good and affordable hospitals near Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Experience and price quote will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tiababy: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2015
Beryl15:
@tiababy.. How's your son doing now?
@ beryl15 he is good now. Thanks so much for your concern.
God bless U.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tiababy: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Special thanks to everyone who showed concern towards my sons health. God bless u so much.
My special appreciation to @Amother4life God bless all your endeavours dearie. You would never know sorrow.

Meanwhile, got info to share.

I pray for perfect health for kids travelling with their mothers/parents. But meanwhile, if you find yourself as a parent needing medical attention for your child while in the US.
Pls use "URGENT CARE" , i gathered they are not far from any neighbourhood in the US and they cater for only kids.

I wish everyone perfect health. Cheers!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.