Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,580 members, 7,820,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan (16319 Views)

Patience Jonathan Pictured At Port-Harcourt Airport Looking Gorgeous / Patience Jonathan Said Women Would Return To Kitchen Under PMB, Was She Right? / Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by lalasticlala(m): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience Jonathan, on Tuesday called on Nigerians not to vote for a presidential candidate, she said, would put women in pudah(female Islamic dress) or trample on their rights and enslave them.

In a veiled reference to the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), she stated that women deserved to be given due recognition and opportunities and not to be relegated to the background.

She spoke in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital, during the Peoples Democratic Party’s women campaign rally.

The President’s wife said Jonathan’s administration had given women more opportunities to actualise their dreams and showcase their potential.

Dame Jonathan said the current administration had offered women great opportunities to be part of decision making in national governance.

According to her, Nigerian women had also been empowered and provided job through the agricultural revolution and other Federal Government’s initiatives and interventions.

She called on the electorate to re-elect Jonathan, noting that the introduction of U-Win and Subsidy Reinvestment Programme had created many jobs for the teeming unemployed Nigerian youths.

She said, “This administration identified and reckoned with women. Women were empowered; they were given opportunities to serve the nation and they performed creditably well to the admiration of the people.”

The Kogi State Governor, Capt. Idris Wada, said Jonathan’s administration had ensured great infrastructural provision and human capital development in the state.

The State Deputy Governor, Mr. Yomi Awoniyi, said the turnout of women at the rally was an expression of love their for Jonathan.

http://www.punchng.com/news/reject-candidate-who-will-put-women-in-pudah-patience/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lmao!

But seriously,this woman contributes to 75% of GEJ's problems.

Why does she have to speak so carelessly

But she has made a point tho...

Anyways,GEJ till 4yrs after... tongue

50 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
She's right, Buhari is a fanatic misogynist.

The way I see that man, Women will suffer greatly under his regime, just like the taliban did in Afghanistan.

There is considerable gender equality under the Jonathan aadministration, Women can now hold key and sensitive positions of authority.

#Neveragain shall our women be subjected to this inhumane treatment

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Young03(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wat a blessin from God...as for patience
u be me...allow me to choose whom i will vote for...

First to comment

1 Like

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by ozoigbondu: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
I so much love this woman grin grin grin.But she is right muslims do lock up their women amd i don't put it above pa buhari to equate women to goats undecided

Can't wait to contuine enjoying her speeches till 2019 with her husband as president

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
Young03:
Wat a blessin from God...as for patience
u be me...allow me to choose whom i will vote for...

First to comment
First to comment... Where grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Misogynist2014(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Illiterate with little sense of humor.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by macpetrus(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Madam Peace...

Now Goodluck approve freedom of speech. You can curse him. Even me, Mama Peace, you can curse me. We will move on ~ Patience Jonathan

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Every man will wish to ve such a luving woman as a wife in d person of patience jonathan, our president is so lucky. Behind every successful man dere is a great woman. Mama jonathan we d nigerian youths luv ya so much.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Blakjewelry(m): 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
In a way I no know why the media dey make this woman dey shine oo, I think she should be ignored

7 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by A7(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
All along I thought she is inarticulate, seeing this piece am bewildered by her eloquence. Interesting.

Crap, even in my wildest dreams I'll never believe "damned patient" speaks good english.

7 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by xpac01(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
The media are really helping the woman in her English acronuendum. Severally I heard her speak, I bow in ebarrasment, wishing her speech rest only within the shores of my dear honourable country. Patience please spare ny nation.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by briefness: 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
This woman continues with her unpopular campaign unabated spewing utter rubbish. She remains a major reason people distance themselves from GEJ. If election is won (in PDP Republic ) she will intimidate govt officials that she also went round canvassing for votes hence she should be assistant president. Not in our time.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by raumdeuter: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
No candidate puts women in Purdah,

Due to some peoples belief some women chose to go into purdah themselves

23 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by ziccoit: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
A man who has failed to tame his wife can never be a successful manager. In what capacity is PEJ talking carelessly from both sides of her mouth. Good, Nigeria constitution does not recognize office of first lady; I wonder what would have happened. PEJ is too ignorant to understand that Buhari as a paramount ruler and all in all in the past did not enforce religion practice in any form.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by koolet: 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
ziccoit:
N
not yet on fp bro
Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dear first Lady,
Can you please shut up and stop embarrassing your husband. Your rants are becoming unbearable and lacks civility. Please kindly apply decorum.

We still love GEJ though undecided undecided undecided

23 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by pkang: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
I never knew this woman could take politics to another level.
This woman left the opposition marvelled. I saw the crowd she pulled at cross rivers.
I was watching Channels news and saw the crowd. Before now I had no idea this woman is holding separate campaign alone for her husband. This is love. Opposition must be jealous of this woman .
Ride on mama peace.
The husband despite her wife inacuracy in speech loves her as he love Nigerians.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by neutrotoba(m): 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by courage54(m): 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
I first and foremost reject the president who tells me stealing is not corruption.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by tplustee(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
In other words, reject buhari, he's a two-faced being.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by blackfase(m): 11:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Very pedestrian level of reasoning, characteristic of the Jonathan dynasty of course..... Mumu woman

43 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by neutrotoba(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
A7:
All along I thought she is inarticulate, seeing this piece am bewildered by her eloquence. Interesting.

Crap, even in my wildest dreams I'll never believe "damned patient" speaks good english.

Yhu dey whyne me?

Yhu know how many pple don edit her English b4 e reach wer e dey so? Lalasticlala sef don do him part

5 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by alaoeri: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
If Buhari can't put his daughters & wife in pudah, how is he going to put all Nigerian women in pudah? definitely this woman is sick, most important Nigerians are sick of her husband's administration March 28 loading.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Juliaann(f): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
That's my first Lady speakingsmiley

Meanwhile GEJ & PEJ till 2019

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Beedude(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=31275502][/quote]
Can't remember the last time we had a first lady as dumb as this... Comedy of error

14 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by TheOtherview: 12:51am On Mar 04, 2015
[s]
SeverusSnape:
She's right, Buhari is a fanatic misogynist.

The way I see that man, Women will suffer greatly under his regime, just like the taliban did in Afghanistan.

There is considerable gender equality under the Jonathan aadministration, Women can now hold key and sensitive positions of authority.

#Neveragain shall our women be subjected to this inhumane treatment
[/s]

The party's official line, which Buhari will have to adhere to:

On Women Empowerment

we will:

1. Ensure the rights of women are protected as enshrined in our Constitution;
2. Guarantee that women are adequately represented in government appointments and provide greater opportunities in education, job creation, and economic empowerment;
3. Recognize and protect women empowerment and gender equality with special emphasis on economic activities in the rural areas;
4. Use the Party structures to promote the concept of reserving a minimum number of seats in the States and National Assembly, for women.
Source -- http://thisisbuhari.com/the-society-and-human-capital-development/

19 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 12:52am On Mar 04, 2015
Yes. We reject Jonathan Gbagbo.

16 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:59am On Mar 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
I so much love this woman grin grin grin.But she is right muslims do lock up their women amd i don't put it above pa buhari to equate women to goats undecided

Can't wait to contuine enjoying her speeches till 2019 with her husband as president

Messrs Tinubu, Buhari and Fashola's wives are locked up in what prison actually?

14 Likes

Re: Reject Candidate Who Will Put Women In Pudah – Patience Jonathan by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:02am On Mar 04, 2015
ziccoit:
PEJ is too ignorant to understand that Buhari as a paramount ruler and all in all in the past did not enforce religion practice in any form.

She is not Ignorant. She is fully aware. But she--- like the rest of The Looters Crew FC of Abuja--- is scared to go to prison and lose all the properties she bought with money stolen from the Nigerian people, so they sell fear by spreading religious and tribal hatred through propaganda.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi And Dangote Visit Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Buhari Okays Postponement Of APC National Convention / Emefiele Printed ₦‎684.5 Million With ₦‎18.9 Billion - EFCC Says In Fresh Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.