Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? (20436 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / My Grand Mother Is A Strong Witch, How Can I Kill Her / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lemme quickly ask orunmila
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Diesel1(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Na holy war
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Shevobanks(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
and your stupidity knows no end,don't you know the meaning of sarcasm,even in the bible there were soldiers protecting Roman citizens,David was a soldier,Joshua was also a soldier,how can someone doing his lawful duty for his fatherland commit sin?
you jst get it right
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by austinbrown: 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
It's not a sin, soldiers and doing the work of God if not this world won't be as calm as it is now
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by intergral(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
LOL!!! right away baby!!
pretty girl
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Empress2014(f): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is NOT a sin.......but it becomes a sin the moment you start using ur position as a soldier to start killing for your personal benefit or advantage and not because you're protecting your country...

I'm a man of God
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mytime24(f): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Brb, let mi ask google
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Deltagiant: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Interesting
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
What should I say?

What about me, that kill people just in my thoughts/mind...?
Even if It's a Sin, Christ has paid for it.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Louislewis: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
booqee:
Good question.

It is NOT a sin.......but it becomes a sin the moment you start using ur position as a soldier to start killing for your personal benefit or advantage and not because you're protecting your country...

Front page

This is the best answer to your question. That's all!
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by orledaj01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Passing by....
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by yougos(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
I think am interested in this Case

More sensible opinion pls
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Karleb(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
What's sinful in killing to protect your Nation? I'd kill t protect myself or my family.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by msdos1(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
i dnt know oo. cos we dnt kill in Afghnistan
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by tablu: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Yess it is ohh cos the ten commandments says soo.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Idrismusty97(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
It all depends on god's mood. He may decide to roast the soldier forever just for the fun of it you know. The same way he hardened Pharaoh's heart and mess up jobs life because of a bet with Satan. Or the same way he gives people "Freewill" and then kill everyone with a flood for not acting the way he wanted. God works in mysterious ways....
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by omanifrank(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
hard one
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by killercute16(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Everything is fair in love and war
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mixoull(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
same bible explained how God helped the Israelite to wipe away enemies, I'm sure the enemies were not animals. only weapon differs but they killed to the glory of God victory undecided
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Gasout(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nt a sin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by biggerboyc(m): 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
LAUGH out shit by watching this video
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by searay(m): 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is a sin and it is not a sin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by ogzille(m): 4:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
No matter how difficult it is to accept or deal with, life has so many exceptions.

The same bible, that says "thou shall not kill", celebrates killings at wars. If this can be justified is something I cannot explain.

In my opinion, if killing is something one can safely avoid (the keyword is safely), yet ones goes ahead to kill, then it is a sin.

This absolves killing at war, as you cannot safely avoid killing.

1 Like

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Lakayanah: 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
The children of Israel fought several battles and God promised them victory. The victory was it not in killing fellow humans?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by marqueetim(m): 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
agoadiv:
Incase but i doubt
lol guy funny [b][/b] lol funny signature.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by NifemiOlu(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
If a soldier kills IN A WAR or in an operation organised by the army, it's not a sin. Before bible people start talking, simply recount the numbers of wars 'Godly kings' and prophets of God led so as to protect THEIR TERRITORY.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by cupidhero(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is not a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Akalia(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
If you kill a hostile enemy, it's not a sin, cos it's kill or be killed in the front lines
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Idrismusty97(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
and your stupidity knows no end,don't you know the meaning of sarcasm,even in the bible there were soldiers protecting Roman citizens,David was a soldier,Joshua was also a soldier,how can someone doing his lawful duty for his fatherland commit sin?
ISIS is doing their lawful duty for their father land also. When the Nazis invade Russia they are doing their lawful duty for their father land and when Russia struck back they too are doing their lawful duty for their father land. Same goes for the Biafra & Nigeria war, "all soldiers are doing their lawful duty for their father land."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.