Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? (20440 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / My Grand Mother Is A Strong Witch, How Can I Kill Her / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by bukatyne(f): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
kennygee:
So the bible says, there are no exemptions.

That would mean God was leading Saul to sin against Him

You go to war to fight aka kill

Soldiers are employed to go to war

A soldier killing in battle is only earning his salary

It is however wrong to kill/torture a prisoner of war or rape the women or plunder the cities.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Laid2001: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
And the exodus quoted was time of Jesus, Proper MUMU
shadowgwalker:
...those were the days of the fallen Angels. if you want to use people to compare then call men of war that were fighting after the coming of Christ.
illiterate claiming Prof, rolling stone that gathers no more.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by felifeli: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Yes you are going to hellfire when you die. Unless you can prove to God it was in self defense
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
If it is for a good and just cause and only if it has come to be the last thing to resort to, i believe it's not a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Teediggz: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
Yes because it's done in the name of the state and the state is a god which relies on the lie of "authority" i.e we all have equal rights until I put on a costume that says soldier or policeman then by virtue of the costume all of a sudden I have the right to murder and you non costume wearer don't. Look at the history of ALL (no exception) wars. Why were they fought? To gain access to resources and labor. The excuses for fighting vary; freedom, glory, vengeance, enlightenment etc but the motives remain the same. Access to resources and labor.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mmsen: 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

You shld be tracked down and arrested

I'm not the person who that there is a time for 'everything'.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mployer(m): 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
I think the question should be 'is it a sin to join the army?'

You can't be in the army and hope you won't be required to kill someday.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mployer(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dharniel:
If it is for a good and just cause and only if it has come to be the last thing to resort to, i believe it's not a sin.

It doesn't have to be the last thing to resort. It be could the first in a quest to evade danger and establish justice and fairness.

You don't defend all the time, you attack when it becomes necessary..... I think our troops should be headed to sambisa rather just defending territories.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by pak: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Laid2001:
And the exodus quoted was time of Jesus, Proper MUMU

Big thumbs up for you my brother.
Did Joshua not kill Achan and his family?

If you're force man and you see armed robbers going to rob a house and you have the opportunity to kill them but you don't and they kill people in the house. Have you not by error of omission caused the death of people?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by celeron40(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
Oya Deathmachine come here com talk o..grin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mralabs(m): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
...those were the days of the fallen Angels. if you want to use people to compare then call men of war that were fighting after the coming of Christ.
illiterate claiming Prof, rolling stone that gathers no MOSE.

#EditorGeneral
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by bravekid(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
'men don't kill people, the bullet does it ' grin
'sin is an act, a continuous habit that deglorifies the soul...
to me, you only arrange the meetings of your enemies.
Your Dentition look pretty Awesome..I like em'....*Scratches head*think they look like mine..innit?#
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by bond77(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
'men don't kill people, the bullet does it ' grin
'sin is an act, a continuous habit that deglorifies the soul...
to me, you only arrange the meetings of your enemies.

So a bullet can just come out of the gun by it self and shoots a target .. Powww!! without anyone to trigger it, right?... Or is it possible for a knife to just Pierce into a person chest without someone directing it?
undecided
Weapons of killing were meant for killing, but it can only do its job if it is controlled and manipulated by someone, so dere is no way u can blame a weapon
for obeying it's operator and trying to use dis as a justification for killing wud be totally wrong...
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is not a sin if you killed while defending your territory;it is not a sin if the person killed was an enemy.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by nov19(m): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
No! it is not Sin,

Remember, Moses in the bible who led the children of Israel to the promise land presented the ten commandment to them. Yet they fought wars collectively.

David in the Bible fought many War with Gods backing. But note the same David killed one of his men and took his wife and God seriously frowned at it simply because the motive was selfish.

Things have not really changed. When soldiers fight war and risk their lives to protect the weak and territorial integrity of a nation (a geniune course) its definately not sin.

But when the motive is selfish like killing innocent people to take over their possessions, or taking advantage of the defenseless and the weak, its definately sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by sonnie10: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
"Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh." Lincoln's quoted language comes from Matthew 18:7; a similar discourse by Jesus appears in Luke 17:1.

The will of God prevails — In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be wrong. God cannot be for, and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is somewhat different from the purpose of either party — and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect this.

(Source credit: Abraham Lincoln second inaugural address, copied from wikipedia)
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by marvelito: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
MillionDollars:
Exodus 20:13 says 'Thou shalt not kill'
but if i get to the war-front and i kill people as i'm told to do in the army, is it a SIN as told in 'Exodus 20:13' ?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by marvelito: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
MillionDollars:
but if i get to the war-front and i kill people as i'm told to do in the army, is it a SIN as told in 'Exodus 20:13' ?
soldiers are licenced to kill. David went to war, doesnt mean he is a murderer. Cos soldiers dnt kill in cold blood.bt mind u if a force man kills an innocent who is nt a treat to d intergrity of d nation he defends he has commited murder bt anytin within d protectn of territorial intergrity is completely legal and its nt a sin at all

1 Like

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by ogiewanye(m): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
its just the fastest way to arrange meeting with God for the evil people... grin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Felaak47(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Who say its a sin? Its not a sin because u re doing ur work.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
The Lord says i'll judge u by the work of your hands.Thus a soldiers legitimate job entails killing if need be to protect oneself or the greater good.If a soldier fails to kill and as a result something bad happens.It becomes a sin and God will hold him responsible.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
eya, is that how you console your ignorance?
iamodenigbo1 is right: And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. As for your question, its very silly, given the numerous wars fought by Israel, but I guess you were pushed by the zeal to write a topic.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
YES THOU SHALL NOT KILL,.... POSTOR! oya na, carry your Bible and go and preach to Boko boys them.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by slymichael(m): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
Its not. Its an order from superior.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by XBLadez: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
He obliged to defend his nation. He just doesn't kill without a cause. He kills only when he has to. Even Israelites in Bible time had soldiers, and God would guide them through the battlefront.
So a soldier is a killer but not a sinner
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by ladon1: 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nawa oo. People just respond to question without reading their bible.
The demand of God's moral law on individuals is far different on the demands on Government and authority.
God's moral law for instance required that if someone slaps you on the left cheek, you should turn the right to him also but when it comes to how the government or the authority that breaks the law of the land for instance armed robbery. The moral law of God requires that the government or authority brings upon such individual the full punishment meat for that crime. An army serving the goverment and authority of the land has every obligation to that government to put to order those that are causing unrest to the nation that government is representing. Those serving in the nigerian army for instance have the obligation to fight boko haram with alms when neccesary in a quest to stop the act of terrorism of boko haram. The action of such army officer in this regard is on the order of the government of that nation. But if it is on individual level say for instance, i will be commiting a crime of muder if i kill someone based on my own decidion to do so.
An army serving is the military sole responsibilty is to defend his nation wether by the use of gun or other weapon assign to him to carry out his duty.
You can through God'd moral law in the book of leviticus.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Ifeann(f): 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
MillionDollars:

According to what I have heard the Hebrew word used was murder not kill.
Thou shall not murder.

Not Every killing is a sin same as NOT every sex is adultery.

U have every right to defend urself and fight the good fight.

1 Like

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by pathardy(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
brownlord:
Soldiers No, those animals in uniform, police Yes
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Missy89(f): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
As long as you kill an armed combatant i dont think it is a sin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by SFSNIPER(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
LOL!!! right away baby!!
DP viewed, now I seek for a #CHANGE
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by SFSNIPER(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
I'm a proud soldier, a special force at that but honestly when I kill, I pray for forgiveness. I feel bad about it but my rifle creed teaches me to 'shoot my enemy first before he shoots me', so I just have to do it. But that doesn't make me feel like I sinned.
I think about my victims family but at the same time I call him stuppid for fighting against Nigeria and trying to kill me or my battle buddies. Every soldier has his conviction on this issue. Our Reverend kills when we are in the battle too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.