Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? (20442 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / My Grand Mother Is A Strong Witch, How Can I Kill Her / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by demsid(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
search for sinners on Google . them go bring u d list. or better go ask d pastor of sinnergogue.

but I feel its not a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by VickJames(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Defending your country is not sin but a blessing.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by redcliff: 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
...those were the days of the fallen Angels. if you want to use people to compare then call men of war that were fighting after the coming of Christ.
illiterate claiming Prof, rolling stone that gathers no more moss.

Fixed.. grin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by cupidhero(m): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by cupidhero(m): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is not a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by nagoma(m): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
booqee:
Good question.
It is NOT a sin.......but it becomes a sin the moment you start using ur position as a soldier to start killing for your personal benefit or advantage and not because you're protecting your country...
Front page

Alhajirika comes to mind. Anyway they removed him.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by freecocoa(f): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
"Thou shalt not kill"

Did they even say what one shouldn't kill? I don't think they meant only humans sef.

If there really is a heaven, I bet you, no one's entering it.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Achilies(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op are u actually asking if sacrificing our lives as solders to defend you and kill all those who wish death upon you and your family a sin?

Killing for your selfish interest is a sin.
But killing in a war front is never a sin.
We are solders it is our sworn duty as solders to kill any or all that will bring harm to our country and it's citizens.

And that my dear is not a sin.

1 Like

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Jabioro: 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
It is not a sin,d bible even commanded King Saul 2 destroy'd a whole city with take any spoil.There4 u r in war front order has been issue 2 kill and destroy enemy camp otherwise d enemy may kill.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by onadana: 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
Shey you have read in the bible that obedience is better than sacrifice....... They obey orders.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by zaragoza(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
They are just arranging the meeting.

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by kay5922: 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
kennygee:
So the bible says, there are no exemptions.

grin grin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Ojochegbe1(m): 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
Empress2014:
Empress give me d moto, i no go give u d moto grin grin i hope u re not d one.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Reference(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sin has never been about the act but the intent. That is why the bible says we should guard our hearts, renew our minds, to find God's will. A well oiled Christian is led by the Spirit on the principle of the Word and at the command of God the Father. If He commands you so, it is written in the Word and your conscience permits why not. It cannot be a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by jobakademy: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
booqee:
Good question.

It is NOT a sin.......but it becomes a sin the moment you start using ur position as a soldier to start killing for your personal benefit or advantage and not because you're protecting your country...

Front page

what is personal benefit? and what is the benefit of war?

when ur c-in-c declare a state of war for national benefits/interest and millions of lives were wasted?

how about when a soldier is ordered on political assassination mission? should he obey the orders or resign? ofcourse it may have political benefits to the state instead of personal benefits
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by keandre: 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Not a sin,but a wilful murder is
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by eazysally: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
So if I be soldier and I kill BH na sin?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Reference:
Sin has never been about the act but the intent. That is why the bible says we should guard our hearts, renew our minds, to find God's will. A well oiled Christian is led by the Spirit on the principle of the Word and at the command of God the Father. If He commands you so, it is written in the Word and your conscience permits why not. It cannot be a sin.
Seriously, what are you talking about?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
mmsen:

A time for rape?

A time for molestation?

You shld be tracked down and arrested
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by manny4life(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
No it is not a sin because the soldier is a man under authority. Only when you act out of authority does it constitute murder. This is different from committing sinful acts under authority for instance if your boss says you should forge a signature.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by ptoall1000: 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
i hope the person asking this question is not an adult. Sounds like a question from a 9 yr old.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by mount1ng(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
The Greek interpretation is "murder". That's why if u kill in self defence is not regarded as murder. So it not a sin. But if a soldier so kill a surrendered enemy his tried for murder.
Authority killing ordered by the court is not a sin.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by iamord(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
kachiz:
We all sin one way or the other, if killing all Boko Haram people for us to live in peace will make it sinful. Then I wish to be a habitual sinner.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
good words

1 Like

Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by gideon243(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
If it's a sin then anyone who prays for his/her enemies to die is a sinner!! !
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by berberjyde(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
grin
freecocoa:
"Thou shalt not kill"

Did they even say what one shouldn't kill? I don't think they meant only humans sef.

If there really is a heaven, I bet you, no one's entering it.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by MansaMoussa: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
Was one of Christ's Apostles not a Zealot? Were Zealots not Terrorists to the Roman Govt?
Did Christ not heal a Centurion's Daughter? Did he exhort him to renounce his profession?
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by hope4nigeria(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sodier's kills only those who poses treat against the state foreigh or domestic. These people are known to be a cancer not human. Bible aslo acknoledge function of a soldier. As a soldier, my Job is to kill @least 50000 beast to protect to protect 5000000. Every 10 beast I kill,I must have saved 10000 inocent souls which is the great service to God and humanity. David is a case study.
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Beedude(m): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Even David killed Goliath.. So many wars David fought .. Still he is highly favored. When David deliberately killed Uriah coz he wanted to bleep the wife (it was based on self interest nd not the will of God)he seek forgiveness..Intentions has a long way in deciding if actually killing is a sin..
@OP, u were attacked by armed men.. U had a chnce to kill dem before dey kill u.. Dat isn't a SIN grin
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by holyokoto(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Numerous places in the Bible God nominated leaders to lead Israelite Armies to War including even killing of Innocent people example, after the 10 commandment God told Joshua and his Armies to enter Jericho, killing all the innocent people for no reasons including Women and Children (Joshua 11:1-13).
If anybody shpuld judge any Army for killing then it has to start from God, patriarch and his people
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by chikahenry(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
It's nt a sin after all david in d bible killed wen he went2 war buh he was still a frnd of God
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
MillionDollars:
Exodus 20:13 says 'Thou shalt not kill'
but if i get to the war-front and i kill people as i'm told to do in the army, is it a SIN as told in 'Exodus 20:13' ?
thanks to me who called the attention of the mods, you have made front page..congrats!
Re: I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? by komek(m): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
What makes it a sign? This is why other religions will raise arms against other religions because of the fear of committing sin. Making themselves to look weaker.

The bibile needs to be revised, re-mixed, restructured and re-arranged and should be forced inside the brains of the so called Christians.

Sin ko,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.