Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (29876 Views)

Funny And Silly Ways Men Ask For Sexchat / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call / Only Married Men Ask Me Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by oceanblue(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2007
On a daily basis, i chat ladies up & get their numbers not because i wanna call them back, as am in a relationship at the moment. but the psycological behind it makes me do it.

I think this applies to alot of men aswell, u always want to flaunt ur ability to pull cute ladies, then get their numbers,& leave them wishing u call.

Ladies do it aswell, they attract loads in public & end up giving attention to 1. its just fun!

@poster, have this in mind. if he wants u, he will call (may take a few days) but dont always expect a call, they got ur no. cos they thought ur fit, however most did it for the fun of it.x

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by mydynasty(m): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2007
Some girls middle name na protocol and due process.

If after collecting your number he calls you and you expect

him to call you some other time and he didn't, na crime make

you sef call am? It's just simply curtesy. It does not necessarily

mean you are bringing yourself low before him. Calling him only shows your high sense
of reasoning. This na 21st century abeg!
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by sylvao2000(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2007
@poster l collect numbers from ladies just to fulfill all Righteousness
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Ralvy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2007
sylvao2000:

[s]@poster l collect numbers from ladies just to fulfill all Righteousness[/s]

hw Senseless undecided
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by yemmydavid(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2007
u know the way ladies behave. u guys get to talk,u collect her number and d day u decide to call, she asks "PLS WHO IS DIS AND HW DID U GET MY NUMBER" do u (ladies) xpct d guy to start xplainin "i am , we met , can u rember".

men that rubbish,
i beliv dats y monst guys dont call

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by sin(m): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
whats wrong with you calling first?
if u truly desire something and someone, u will go for it. abi?
the tested and trusted secret is to get his number and if u cant talk to him, send him a general text like "have a good day" if the guy is not dumb, he will get the hint and holla you.
but if you have no intention of talking to him, why did u collect/give him your number in the first place?
We live in a fast paced society where people are soooo busy that they may not remember to holla you or if they do and u ignored them once, they may not remember to call you again.
so my dearie, get his number and holla him
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Pain(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2007
U Can Dial My Number. tongue
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by mrjonz(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2007
Well lets give it a shot, gimme ur numba @ ill give u a call. my addy is urchmanjones@yahoo.com grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by skfa1: 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2007
send Ur number and wait for reply, i think we can start from there.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by adeboo(f): 2:30am On Dec 18, 2007
Maybe because they just took it for polite sake.
They were proabl just obliged to take it.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by sleekdot(m): 4:16am On Dec 18, 2007
Haba to make you girls feel wanted, even though some of you are not worth calling
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by 2old4that(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2007
@ Topic

No wonder guys have long list of phonebook names unlike ladies. . .
Well, you ladies should be glad someone's collecting and storing yur numbers.     smiley           Who collects guys own?   grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by agwoko: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ scorpio

here is what u ask 4 08022082559.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by segzicres(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2008
most times when i collect a babes number i usually forget until i scroll through my phone, maybe then i'll call her. it also depends on her response when talking to her.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by A40(m): 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2008
It depends on your vibe with the girl you might not like a girl but just decide to collect her number for the heck of it because you never know grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by dabreeze(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
@eVERYONE. Ya'll it aint a big deal really. It all stems up from aw,when, and fuckin' why u collected d numba. Maybe u made it look like u wanted a good wham bam someday soon or maybe u acted like u 'dash' out recharge cards or ur Father jus' got promoted. Me, i call u only if u've got a great accent and i want ma friends to hear it. I txt if  and when i r'mber i still av your numba, If u call mi after i call u once i smile and ask u out to dinner @ my place,i've got cable. I smell desperate gurlz like a mile away,so when we xchange numbaz i make sure mine is'nt responding. wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by HCH3COO: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2008
Well, what if it was just to win a bet lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by HCH3COO: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2008
Not saying it's something I do o tongue
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by dapsycool(m): 12:30am On Jul 30, 2008
I don't usually call people who don't ask for my number in return. In fact i delete such numbers before i reach my house. I don't do intro on mobile, like "I was the guy u met at bla bla bla" It's a long thing,
While some girls protect mobile numbers like it's a private part, Lol
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 30, 2008
@ topic

Because getting numbers is a game!
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by iice(f): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2008
Better than those that will cause your phone to kapafuka because of endless calls and sms yeesssh
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by lysaa(f): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2008
@poster

funny cos its the opp for me. When i'm asked my number and I know the kind of guy wouldn't improve my life, I make sure I turn the table around by demanding for his instead and then, most times tho, I never call. grin

To answer yr qxn, since its kind of fun to me, maybe, its fun to them as well. wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by DaudaAbu(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2009
Drop ur no. here for me and i promise i'll flash u like a hundred and fifty times a day till u ask MTN, Glo, Econet? to block ur no.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by whitelexi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2009
luxoire:

@poster

men ask for your number and don't call u and ur worried?, (unless u really liked the guy), if he doesn't want to call, whose loss is it?

some guys, sef dey collect number for 'back up' they dont plan to use it immediately, but in case plan A fails, least they got someone to fall back on, or make booty calls!,

there are a few opitons here:

question to u is:
Did u come across a lil desparate and he thinks he can use ur number as back up for booty call?,

or has the guy genuinely forgotten that he has ur number.?

, or maybe he got caught up in things and really never got round to calling u 'on time'. By the time he realised it, it was too late, and he thought maybe u won't even remember who he was and he just let it slide. Hoping to jig ur memory the next time he sees you, to guage if u still like or remember him, b4 he proceeds

Been eyeing her for almost 2yrs, damn sure i have a fat crush. . . We say the occasional 'hello' when our paths cross [cos we attended the same uni] but thats where it normally ends.

2 days ago an opportunity came up and i asked and got the number. . . said i would call later in the evening. I had that call on my mind all day, but when the time came i couldn't call anymore - i just didnt know what to say. . . have now postponed it twice and know in my heart of hearts that by the time today is over it'd be postponed for the third time.

How would u explain my stress?
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by nike4luv(f): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
i dont give my number to guys, i take theirs when they ask for mine. so then, the ball is in my court!!
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
whitelexi:

Been eyeing her for almost 2yrs, damn sure i have a fat crush. . . We say the occasional 'hello' when our paths cross [cos we attended the same uni] but thats where it normally ends.

2 days ago an opportunity came up and i asked and got the number. . . said i would call later in the evening. I had that call on my mind all day, but when the time came i couldn't call anymore - i just didnt know what to say. . . have now postponed it twice and know in my heart of hearts that by the time today is over it'd be postponed for the third time.

How would u explain my stress?

Call the girl now before time passes, the longer you leave it, the more the girl thinks you are not interested,

I hate it when guys do this matter of fact I will not be giving my number out anymore,
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ topic

annoying, right?
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by PERVERT9: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2009
hmmmmmmmmm,he be like say market no dey move well again for my sister cry cry cry, abeg change your style make u dey collect their own and dey call dem,he go help you to improve your market grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by sassy14: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2009
it depends on the man.well i am a guy looking for a serious relationship with a comfortable girl.if u fit in here is my number 08035936683.just send me a txt and we will start communicating.see you,
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by djcrucifix(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
This is one mystery I've never been able to solve. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure many Nairaland girls can relate to what I'm saying here.

Why is it that so many men ask for your number, then never use it? Is this a game to them? Something along the lines of how many women can they get to hand over their number. The more numbers, the larger their egos can grow.

If this is a game, it isn't very fun for the gals. I seem to think that it is because men and women are from different planets. Something along the lines of women having strong emotions and men needing to learn what emotions are. Guys, you don't have to ask for our number if it is only because you think it is the right thing to do. The right thing to do is ask for our number if you want to use it to get to know us better. If you are not going to call, don't ask for my number!

maybe they ain't got credit. grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by sevule(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
Pretty simple answer! Cos a lotta Naija chics are stress personified. They grumble and say u call too much or you do not call often and there seems to be a general code that they must all front. So when the guy thinks of all the fronting he has to face i guess he aint suddenly interested in calling except there is something in it for him.Besides guys have got phone numbers as well so why not call?(So you dont look cheap rightPUHLEASEEEE!!!)
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by apostleb: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2009
Guys take note, a girl only values ur call if and only if she loves u with her heart and would acept ur hand in marriage outside dat if u call her often she 'll only call u "idiot" at d end of d call. If u try 2 call her midnite u'll be in trouble. 4me b4 i spend my money &time on a girl i must be very sure dat she truly luvs me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Arrested For Stabbing Her Boyfriend After Going Through His WhatsApp / Do I remove This Baby? / Kenyan Man Looking For Wife Pastes Flyers Advertising For Wife (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.