Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,798 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (29879 Views)

Funny And Silly Ways Men Ask For Sexchat / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call / Only Married Men Ask Me Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by lumideezle(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
Lets face it!!!!! calls are not cheap moreova with the experience of rejection most guys have, the major question that comes to mind is, am i really ready for the whole drama this babe would put up? talking about myself i don sign say if babe no so me at least smalll green light abeg make she dey hey own make i dey my own jare
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by dean2725: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
e dey pain you grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by forbidden5(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
Damsels,

What you are describing is as a result of a poor unworthy girl playing hard to get. Given the quality of most Nigerian girls, there is no need to play hard to get. Most of these girls have nothing - hungry girls with no value to add and they play hard to get.

Only girls that worth the hard game should play it.

Now when a girl undeserving plays hard to get and a patient guy persists just for the game, then why would he call the girl? Haven done this, it was because the girl is a rag in value- in moneary terms and played the hard one.

Please girls if you have nothing to offer a guy, stop making your empty selves look worthy. The big girls are easier and more simple to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Kayflexy1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2009
on behalf of all d grls u eva asked 4 their numbers'i say shame 2 ur sorry ass!why dont u fall in d gay's club u think grls are not really worth d trouble.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by charloski(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
just because ladies gives them worng number
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Banderas(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
My life is simple. I don't like stress. If I ask for your number, it's because I believe you'd like me to call. If you game me the slightest doubt that you're interested in me calling you (you know, like make a face, or give your friends one of those cynical faces), then you've shaken this beleif. And even though you game me your number, I'd probably not call.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by finemocha(f): 5:11am On Aug 28, 2009
ive come to the conclusion that we girls think too hard. we should think less and act on impulse like men. i think we would be less stressed. see im thinking again
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2011
no money
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by horny4u(f): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
You is not that interested.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2011
When I come across a girl saying "I don't give my number out" it only makes me laugh.
Already this tells me this is a girl that hasn't matured in thinking past the point of "If I give him my number he better call".
What is the big deal about giving out your number? and to the other end of the spectrum, why are you camping by your phone waiting for me to call? Abi you no get life? undecided

A number is simply the means to reach you later[b] if I feel the need[/b], nothing else. The reasons scale anywhere from personal to business-wise. Sadly life ISN'T about you and you're not on the forefront of everybody's mind because they gat their own lives to live.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
Good topic, either he's not interested anylonger or broke. He cant be too busy to call u, some guys collectin no. For stunt na rubbish, he doesnt knw aw to abot it or scared. But most naija girls always want u to call em when u re wooing em, the table only turns when u re dating em. Even thou she really likes u, she wont call except one in a million. I think ds callin stuff b4 datin occurs na naija girls culture. Most will think they are bin too forward but it doesnt mean, i do appreciate a girl more that takes her time to call me, it will boost ma interest but when we guys go mst of callin n no sign of interest omo na back off jare
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
Using a phone any error in ma previous post disregard em
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by femmy2010(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2011
Because they just didn't want to call.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by beeman80: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2011
Let me ask you a question.Do u call everyone's number you collected on your contact list?Point is u can't call everyone and besides there is no biggie in calling the guy or person especially if u see prospects or like this person.The world has evolved from the days of pride and ego to the days of openness.If you like this person then ensure that you also collect such person's number in other to call and stop expecting the person to call.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by dastudent(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2011
I remember forgetting to collect the number of a girl even though we were clearly attracted to each other.

Reasons i don't collect numbers
1.i hardly collect numbers except i have seen you more than once
2 If the conversation i had with you was totally south,there would be no need to ask for it
3.I only collect numbers of girls who are comfortable with me,meaning when i call, it would't be awkward
4.If you are fake,forget it,no matter how great the conversation was.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by adonisgold: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
His girlfriend has not travelled yet or you are not very petty. And pls send me your number, i always holla.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Poster, be patient those dudes are still hustling to get money to buy recharge cards to call you or better still they are waiting when it network providers will reduce calling rates to 50kobo / minute.

then your phone will cease to stop ringing.

Guy call una, una go complain. dem no call na still the same complain.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by swizz01(m): 12:29am On Jul 27, 2012
As 4 м̤̈э i only collect som girls numba jst τ̅☺ giv D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈ hope dt I'll kal em.......na play D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥....while som ar wen I'm i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nid of D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈.....(U̶̲̥̅̊ knw na).....=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
hot-angel:
I really really Check people out before i give them my number. I just don't say "hey here's my number call me". And anything that makes me give a guy my number, must mean that i see the guy is worth it.

My guy-friends collect girls number and they don't call the girls, it's more like... "i just need it in case the need arise". While Me of course, get bored out by some people and i start regreting why i gave them my number. We girls have issues you know. When the guy don't call you, We are like "useless fool, i gave him my number, see his head he hasnt called.." But when the guy starts to call, We are like "kilo tie de self?? Won be shon mo eja ni?? Why is he bugging me?"
maybe guys are starting to understand ladies... wink

This kind of thing is really not a big deal. When you give a guy ur number and he don't call... Just think like this.

He ain't worth it
He couldnt get through
he's broke and cant call
he only needs your number for emergencies (like when he needs a booty call).
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Bolarge: Simple-U AIN'T ALL THAT!!
Personally I have a principle-if we just got acquainted n'I ask for Ur number and U do not reciprocate/show any interest in asking for mine(usually goes for pretty girls who too feel cool)there is a 90% probability I'll delete the # immediately we say our"byes"-unless of course U really hit me in a special way. Wz ze point callin' sumn who go dey take U pose?.
i wonder.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
maybe u aint pretty enough,or you aint his type.he just took your number so you wouldn't feel embarrassed.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by YankeeJoe(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
nike4luv: if a guy asks for your number, ask for his and if u wanna talk to him, dont wait for him to make the first call rolleyes..give it to him..

thats wat i do...i get a guy's number i dont care who calls first as long as i speak to the person innit

correct babe
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by MrsChima(f): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
He wasn't interested.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2013
laide o: Why Do Some Guys Ask For Your Number But Don't Call?

This is one mystery I've never been able to solve. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure many Nairaland girls can relate to what I'm saying here.

Why is it that so many men ask for your number, then never use it? Is this a game to them? Something along the lines of how many women can they get to hand over their number. The more numbers, the larger their egos can grow.

If this is a game, it isn't very fun for the gals. I seem to think that it is because men and women are from different planets. Something along the lines of women having strong emotions and men needing to learn what emotions are. Guys, you don't have to ask for our number if it is only because you think it is the right thing to do. The right thing to do is ask for our number if you want to use it to get to know us better. If you are not going to call, don't ask for my number!

What do you expect when I got your number during my tipsy moment?
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Sanboy25: 12:28am On Aug 12, 2013
They do so to prove themselves that they are still in the game... undecided
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Some of y'all don't pick up anyway "the cute ones"
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 12, 2013
What's the point of calling every number you get from chics? tongue

Damn!! I now see why a few chics act funny if you don't ring them the same day they gave you their digits.

Ain't no one gatt time to be ringing chics he isn't too sure of, you'll get ur slot when the guy is free.

Shyte, I don't even save chics digits with their names, I save their digits using the names of the places that I met them. Can't be stalking some any chic. undecided

Take the guy's number next time and txt him first to show you're on it. wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by gistmelove(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2013
how to get her number in present of her man http://www./2013/08/how-to-get-her-phone-number-in-presence.html
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by MrsChima(f): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
REALITY101: Some of y'all don't pick up anyway "the cute ones"

Awwwwww..it pains you still huh? grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
He might be a broke azz
He may not just have interst in the babe but dint want her to feel bad if he doesn't ask her for number.
He maay be scared of insult
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Enegod(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
this thread refused to die...
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Ajekpako(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2013
Well it depends on the vibes i get from the lady in question. if i get the genuine interest vibes, i'll definitely call but if i get the "i'm missus high & mighty and doing you a favor by giving you my number" vibes, then forget it. i take exceptions to being insulted or given attitude by anyone especially ladies who think they are God's gift to men.

Truth is i don't have time for bullshit & that's why ladies see me as a snub.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Arrested For Stabbing Her Boyfriend After Going Through His WhatsApp / Do I remove This Baby? / Kenyan Man Looking For Wife Pastes Flyers Advertising For Wife (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.