Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion (1697 Views)

10 Categories Of Guys Ladies Desperately Chase For Marriage / Me And My Cousin, True Life Story : Your Candid Opinion!!! / How To Spot Ladies Desperately Looking For Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2015
God bless Ngeria, God bless Seun for creating this forum...................

l’m a guy (25yrs) please I want your candid advice and your professional opinion about my life story and how to correct my flaws as I look older than my age, please don’t judge and ignore the blunders in the write up.

The p is-my parents got separated in 1993 due to their differences they were both hot tempered thus making life difficult for me at first because I had to be put in a boarding school (nursery school) before they agreed on who would take custody . I was in the school for a year before they decided to leave me with my cousin (Aunt) and the truth of the matter is I’m not sure if my parent can raise me the way my aunt raised me (God bless her and my cuz) I was there for a decade and in between those years I can count the number of times I saw my parent as they are both workaholics……. In my secondary school days I look older than my age and often don’t acts like it-in a sense that, what made sense to the other kids are always silly to me….. When I moved in back with my parent when they reconciled I had to change my school (not within the same city) after few months they went their separate ways again and I had to go to another school again thus changing city…. Throughout my undergraduates years nobody knew my age (4years ago) neither did I act otherwise which made me got used to dating ladies older than me and now that most of my of my friends are married thinking we are within the same age bracket are now putting pressure on me to settle down. The truth of the matter is'deep inside of me I am lonely and dying as I have no one to share my thought with; since I move a lot I don’t keep tabs on friends and now that I’m on leaving alone I actually don’t know how to correct my flaws which are;
How do i open up to my friend?
How do I get rid of my fear (settling down with a lady?)
How do I bring my parent together as they still love each other?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by daben1(m): 6:43am On Mar 06, 2015
You don't even know what you want, no wonder you look older than your age
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by alberto2k(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2015
ronald4lif
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by falconey(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2015
The case is bigger than my GF boobs. Am out!
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by jashar(f): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2015
You need inner peace and I know the only true source.

JESUS.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by inception101(m): 10:00am On Mar 06, 2015
proximity0:

l’m a guy (25yrs) please I want your candid advice and your professional opinion about my life story and how to correct my flaws as I look older than my age, please don’t judge and ignore the blunders in the write up.

The p is-my parents got separated in 1993 due to their differences they were both hot tempered thus making life difficult for me at first because I had to be put in a boarding school (nursery school) before they agreed on who would take custody . I was in the school for a year before they decided to leave me with my cousin (Aunt) and the truth of the matter is I’m not sure if my parent can raise me the way my aunt raised me (God bless her and my cuz) I was there for a decade and in between those years I can count the number of times I saw my parent as they are both workaholics……. In my secondary school days I look older than my age and often don’t acts like it-in a sense that, what made sense to the other kids are always silly to me….. When I moved in back with my parent when they reconciled I had to change my school (not within the same city) after few months they went their separate ways again and I had to go to another school again thus changing city…. Throughout my undergraduates years nobody knew my age (4years ago) neither did I act otherwise which made me got used to dating ladies older than me and now that most of my of my friends are married thinking we are within the same age bracket are now putting pressure on me to settle down. The truth of the matter is'deep inside of my I am lonely and dying as I have no one to share my thought with; since I move a lot I don’t keep tabs on friends and now that I’m on leaving alone I actually don’t know how to correct my flaws which are;

Hmnnnnnn!! This is serious
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by inception101(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2015
angry
daben1:

Na wa ooo angry angry
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by MisterLongman(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2015
daben1:
grin grin
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Sparkles003(f): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2015
proximity0:

The p is-my parents got separated in 1993 due to their differences they were both hot tempered thus making life difficult for me at first because I had to be put in a boarding school (nursery school) before they agreed on who would take custody . I was in the school for a year before they decided to leave me with my cousin (Aunt) and the truth of the matter is I’m not sure if my parent can raise me the way my aunt raised me (God bless her and my cuz) I was there for a decade and in between those years I can count the number of times I saw my parent as they are both workaholics……. In my secondary school days I look older than my age and often don’t acts like it-in a sense that, what made sense to the other kids are always silly to me….. When I moved in back with my parent when they reconciled I had to change my school (not within the same city) after few months they went their separate ways again and I had to go to another school again thus changing city…. Throughout my undergraduates years nobody knew my age (4years ago) neither did I act otherwise which made me got used to dating ladies older than me and now that most of my of my friends are married thinking we are within the same age bracket are now putting pressure on me to settle down. The truth of the matter is'deep inside of my I am lonely and dying as I have no one to share my thought with; since I move a lot I don’t keep tabs on friends and now that I’m on leaving alone I actually don’t know how to correct my flaws which are;

Never truly open up to any friend except you see yourself settling down with that person,cos they might use what you say to them against you.tell all your troubles,headaches and pains to God only he can give you peace.
About settling down with a lady is all a thing of the mind,once you make up your mind that your marriage will not be like that of your folks and you work towards getting married to someone that has the same mindset as you do.you will settle down.
Leave your parent to live their life the way they deem fit while you live your,they are both adults and should be able to decide what is good for them.

3 Likes

Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Sparkles003(f): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2015
ok
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Samiceman: 11:24am On Mar 06, 2015
Very busy... Lemme book space I'll comment when my boss leaves
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by ronald4lif(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
alberto2k:
ronald4lif

Lol! Baba you sef see say this matter no be for here na grin
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Fatalveli(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

Don't tell me you don't have an answer to this.... Abeg pity the poor guy/man.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Mariojane(f): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
you don't need to explain yourself to ur friends. just open up to the lady you want to settle down with and continue to leave ur life.

there is something i like about you, you discovered the reason y ur parent relationship is not working out is cos they are both temperamental. that is a great lesson to learn from in choosing a wife. if u inherit ur parent temperament plss go for som1 gentle. and if with ur Aunty upbringing u r gentle don't go for a lady dat is temperamental cos u will always compare her to ur parent. also go for a gentle lady (note plss: i said GENTLE not DULL or BORING LADY )

thank me after 5years in your marriage. that is if you follow my advice

3 Likes

Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by pickabeau1: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
I don't see the problem in your write up

proximity0:
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by alberto2k(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

baba e pass my power and understanding that's why I had to call on yhu o
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by jagabanksa: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
How come you call them your friends and they do not know your reall age?That's even by the way,mind you,do not allow peer pressure to push you into marriage.When you are ready,you will know.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by akinsadeez(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
1. Why don't you make new friends and be upfront with them about ur age from d start. At least don't lie about your personal details. Those friends that will stay with you will stay and those that won't will leave, will leave. Nothing u can do about that.

2. About your fear of settling down, It is very normal. Children of broken homes often end up having broken homes themselves. However, you have to start from somewhere. There's an adage that says you have to learn how to walk before you learn how to run. Why don't you start from dating someone before you start worrying about settling down. Get a good lady and be in an exclusive relationship with her. Over time, if she is d one for you you will have the urge to take it further and settle down with her. Go with your instinct but take it one step at a time.

3. As for your parents, honestly apart from spiritual help I don't see what you can do. If your parents have been having problems ever since you were born, what will make them suddenly stop having problems now. Again I am sure the adults in both families must have tried severally to reconcile them. If they have failed, I really don't see what new thing you can do or say to bring them together permanently. Besides bringing them together without settling d underlying issue of their temper will amount to an exercise in futility. Unless one or both of them have become less temperamental, even if they come together they will still fight and scatter again. love alone cannot overcome bad temper, else they can kill themselves.
However I have personally heard a testimony in church of a couple who were seperated for thirty years coming back together but it involved serious prayers by d children. If you take d spiritual route with faith, who knows........

Above all, good luck!

1 Like

Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
falconey:
The case is bigger than my GF boobs. Am out!
aswear u dey craze,

Btw picture of ur gf and her boob or idonbeilieve
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by falconey(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ipledge:
aswear u dey craze,

Btw picture of ur gf and her boob or idonbeilieve
lol........ sorry men those twins are mine.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
falconey:
lol........ sorry men those twins are mine.
i know sey dem bi urs,but maje I just see them,they yellow?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
jashar:
You need inner peace and I know the only true source.

JESUS.smiley

Inner peace-u say, how easy is it obtainable?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 10:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
akinsadeez:
1. Why don't you make new friends and be upfront with them about ur age from d start. At least don't lie about your personal details. Those friends that will stay with you will stay and those that won't will leave, will leave. Nothing u can do about that.

2. About your fear of settling down, It is very normal. Children of broken homes often end up having broken homes themselves. However, you have to start from somewhere. There's an adage that says you have to learn how to walk before you learn how to run. Why don't you start from dating someone before you start worrying about settling down. Get a good lady and be in an exclusive relationship with her. Over time, if she is d one for you you will have the urge to take it further and settle down with her. Go with your instinct but take it one step at a time.

3. As for your parents, honestly apart from spiritual help I don't see what you can do. If your parents have been having problems ever since you were born, what will make them suddenly stop having problems now. Again I am sure the adults in both families must have tried severally to reconcile them. If they have failed, I really don't see what new thing you can do or say to bring them together permanently. Besides bringing them together without settling d underlying issue of their temper will amount to an exercise in futility. Unless one or both of them have become less temperamental, even if they come together they will still fight and scatter again. love alone cannot overcome bad temper, else they can kill themselves.
However I have personally heard a testimony in church of a couple who were seperated for thirty years coming back together but it involved serious prayers by d children. If you take d spiritual route with faith, who knows........

Above all, good luck!

Making new friends would require me to move again and the truth is as I'm now a man, making my own descisions and what I want in life, it will be difficult making new friends as I have already bonded with the ones I have in my environment and undergraduate level
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
jagabanksa:
How come you call them your friends and they do not know your reall age?That's even by the way,mind you,do not allow peer pressure to push you into marriage.When you are ready,you will know.

Its not peer pressure bro but rather its the feeling of guilt and self pity
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Mariojane:
you don't need to explain yourself to ur friends. just open up to the lady you want to settle down with and continue to leave ur life.

there is something i like about you, you discovered the reason y ur parent relationship is not working out is cos they are both temperamental. that is a great lesson to learn from in choosing a wife. if u inherit ur parent temperament plss go for som1 gentle. and if with ur Aunty upbringing u r gentle don't go for a lady dat is temperamental cos u will always compare her to ur parent. also go for a gentle lady (note plss: i said GENTLE not DULL or BORING LADY )

thank me after 5years in your marriage. that is if you follow my advice

Thanks but don't u think I owe them an explanation as I intend to keep them till God knows when and I don't intend to lose the ones I have now!!!!! I'm so attached to them!
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by proximity0: 10:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sparkles003:

Never truly open up to any friend except you see yourself settling down with that person,cos they might use what you say to them against you.tell all your troubles,headaches and pains to God only he can give you peace.
About settling down with a lady is all a thing of the mind,once you make up your mind that your marriage will not be like that of your folks and you work towards getting married to someone that has the same mindset as you do.you will settle down.
Leave your parent to live their life the way they deem fit while you live your,they are both adults and should be able to decide what is good for them.

Hmnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Thanks for the advice but in regards to my parent hmmmmmmmm, I kno they both love each other but their pride and EGO wouldn't let them accept it
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by ronald4lif(m): 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
alberto2k:
baba e pass my power and understanding that's why I had to call on yhu o

grin we're in same boat then
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by jashar(f): 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
By receiving the life of Christ. smiley
proximity0:

Inner peace-u say, how easy is it obtainable?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by inception101(m): 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
ronald4lif:

grin we're in same boat then

Make we rock the boat together
Re: Desperately In Need Of Your Candid Opinion by Mariojane(f): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2015
proximity0:

Thanks but don't u think I owe them an explanation as I intend to keep them till God knows when and I don't intend to lose the ones I have now!!!!! I'm so attached to them!
dont tell ur friends anything u do nt owe them any explanation. your personal life is your problem not theirs

(1) (Reply)

Is It Adviceable To Still Be In Contact With Your Ex? / Pastor Convicted For caressing Woman's Breast When She Was Sleeping Inside Plane / What Will You Do If You Are This Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.