Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno (2111 Views)

Supposed Photo Of South African Mercs In Reva Mraps Were Not Taken In Nigeria” / Supposed Photo Of South African Mercs In Reva Mraps Were Not Taken In Nigeria / PDP Lies And Propaganda Busted Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 2:51am On Mar 08, 2015
contrary to insinuations made on the twitter page of the APC.which I immediately saw as propaganda.our top dudes a
t beegeagle have dissected the so called pics and just as I thought have found it to be. an eloquent piece of Photoshopping.
read below

This weekend, Nigerian opposition knuckleheads,
ever so eager to discredit, floated photographs of
what were supposedly South African mercenaries
riding in REVA MRAPs.
While the controversy raged on in Nigerian
cyberspace, a respected aficionado of South
African extraction went to town on his own
volition and after exhaustive enquiries, wrote to
confirm the fact that the contentious photograph
was photoshopped. The photos were certainly not
shot in Nigeria.
So take those photographs circulating in
cyberspace to be another bad example of how far
the desperadoes in Nigeria’s political opposition
will go to discredit the military and the FG which
controls it. They should be ashamed of
themselves.
READ these excerpts
Beegs
Just saw the Linda Ikeji post and the ensuing
discussion on your site. For what it’s worth,
those pics were taken in Guinea Equatorial:
1) The rear view of Vehicle 2C shows an EG flag
and the signpost is in Spanish;
2) The Oando reference of your correspondents
doesn’t hold up – the company operates
throughout West Africa; and
3) More important, that’s the MKIII version, which
EG acquired in 2013. As for Nigeria, they operate
the latest MK V version which you posted an
ambulance variant the other day
END
I am also pleased to inform you, gentlemen, that
pursuant to the unprecedented build-up of assets
which the Nigerian Army are undergoing, we are
now operators of the latest REVA Mk.5 MRAPs
and battlefield ambulances. In the days ahead, we
shall begin to see them in the field. below

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 2:55am On Mar 08, 2015
put. on your thinking cap and do the
analysis for itself

points to note this pic was take. in equatorial guinea
and elaborately photoshoped

1 Like

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 2:59am On Mar 08, 2015
zoom well to the flag above the last pedestrian behind the last Rev MRAP to the right and compare with flag below

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by nationwide1(m): 3:01am On Mar 08, 2015
If the picture of the mercenaries was another APC propaganda, APC certainly does not represent a good change. It is actually change for the worst.

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 3:05am On Mar 08, 2015
although the MRAP IN the pic is SA made we use the latest version
MK V mainly as field medivac or ambulances not troop transport.our bigfoot still plenty
as against the MK iii version used to deceive Nigerians in this charade that has got me throwing up in disgust at why some selfish individuals in fact plain idiots would do anything to run Nigeria down
they attempt to downplay the success of NA and NAF be cause it doesn't fit into their stupid hopeless narrative

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 3:10am On Mar 08, 2015
some people owe Nigerians and the military plus Nigeria an apology for trying to receive us to create their stupid narrative..a word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by TI1919(m): 3:34am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by ellechrystal(f): 5:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Hmm, trying so hard to discredit so u come in by all means .
Me I say Let d will if God prevail..

1 Like

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by homerac7: 6:04am On Mar 08, 2015
@OP,

You need to learn and develop a skill of independent critical thinking.

I have been following Beegeagle blog for some time now and there are several positive things I can say about it. Also some flaws that recur overtimes. If only you had kept your observations and quoted comments apolitical, then you would have also received an apolitical response. I know your handle and read your wide-eyed boy comments on the , that high fantasy probably robbed you the capacity to see things critically outside emotional wishes.

First, Beegeagle is strong critic of APC and supporter of GEJ. He has shown that severally in very many slanted comments, but will never expressly own up. So it is not surprising again that he found a way to tie this around APC and went on bashing spree....as he has done severally before.

There's a general sense of selective blindness that descends on the commenters mostly when there's a bad or unfavurable news about Nigeria on the . Some would deny it, condemn whatever facts that are inherent in the news, then go about to abuse and discredit the source. But when there's the faintest glint of news that sounds chest-puffing, they would hail, celebrate and sing like boys scouts; showing little care for authenticity of the news as it is secondary . in some cases where there are inherent discrepancies in facts about the news, they make simple excuses and move on since it has served their itching ears.

I hope you know that it is a sort of crime to quote Nairaland comments there by the way? Even BBC is a demon that must not be mentioned in any positive sense, even when the news is proven to be correct by other sources? Are you aware that they are anti-Sahara Reporters , even when most of the "bad news" by SR are eventually shown to be correct? Are you aware of how much they have demonized individuals like Ahmed Salkida, Nasra Fulani, Linda Ikeji and some other individuals for the sin of not being part of "cheer leading" team? Do you know how many people who they have branded "traitors" and "unpatriotic" simply because they saw issues differently? I can go on and on but these already mentioned should call up your memory to some of such patterns there.

Now on the issue here itself, I may not be able to say conclusively that the pix was taken in Nigeria, but I wont tow the way of going to meet a SouthAfrican to get validations of what is happening in my backyard. But why don't we take account of those clues in the picture to see if it is Nigeria or Equatorial Guinea-as it would for those who don't want to believe the "bad news" that we have mercineries fighting/working for us on the front line. Mind you, the most important reason why EG was pinned with this is the so-called flag.

1. Please zoom the pix closer and honestly tell if the small flag is same as EG flag you showed. Isn't that a PDP flag on a short pole you just labeled EG's?

2. The taxi parked in the filling station showing between the flag and APC, ...you see it? Do you know the colour of taxis in Borno?

Well, for me, those are strong pointers, added to the OANDO filing station that the pix was taken between Borno and Yobe. I can't read the signboard print to make decision on that, but I won't take opinion of a "South African" seriously either who might have mistaken Hausa sign writings for Spanish he probably couldn't distinguish properly. Although the vehicle number plates with the signboard would have done final justice to this.

Now bro, learn to review what you take for gospel.

3 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by cocoduck: 6:34am On Mar 08, 2015
homerac7:
@OP,

I have been following Beegeagle blog for some time now and there are several positive things I can say about it. Also some flaws that recur overtimes. If only you had kept your observations and quoted comments apolitical, then you would have also received an apolitical response. I know your handle and read your wide-eyed boy comments on the , that high fantasy probably robbed you the capacity to see things critically outside emotional wishes.

First, Beegeagle is strong critic of APC and supporter of GEJ. He has shown that severally in very many slanted comments, but will never expressly own up. So it is not surprising again that he found a way to tie this around APC and went on bashing spree....as he has done severally before.

There's a general sense of selective blindness that descends on the commenters mostly when there's a bad or unfavurable news about Nigeria on the . Some would deny it, condemn whatever facts that are inherent in the news, then go about to abuse and discredit the source. But when there's the faintest glint of news that sounds chest-puffing, they would hail, celebrate and sing like boys scouts; showing little care for authenticity of the news as it is secondary . in some cases where there are inherent discrepancies in facts about the news, they make simple excuses and move on since it has served their itching ears.

I hope you know that it is a sort of crime to quote Nairaland comments there by the way? Even BBC is a demon that must not be mentioned in any positive sense, even when the news is proven to be correct by other sources? Are you aware that they are anti-Sahara Reporters , even when most of the "bad news" by SR are eventually shown to be correct? Are you aware of how much they have demonized individuals like Ahmed Salkida, Nasra Fulani, Linda Ikeji and some other individuals for the sin of not being part of "cheer leading" team? Do you know how many people who they have branded "traitors" and "unpatriotic" simply because they saw issues differently? I can go on and on but these already mentioned should call up your memory to some of such patterns there.

Now on the issue here itself, I may not be able to say conclusively that the pix was taken in Nigeria, but I wont tow the way of going to meet a SouthAfrican to get validations of what is happening in my backyard. But why don't we take account of those clues in the picture to see if it is Nigeria or Equatorial Guinea-as it would for those who don't want to believe the "bad news" that we have mercineries fighting/working for us on the front line. Mind you, the most important reason why EG was pinned with this is the so-called flag.

1. Please zoom the pix closer and honestly tell if the small flag is same as EG flag you showed. Isn't that a PDP flag on a short pole you just labeled EG's?

2. The taxi parked in the filling station showing between the flag and APC, ...you see it? Do you know the colour of taxis in Borno?

Well, for me, those are strong pointers, added to the OANDO filing station that the pix was taken between Borno and Yobe. I can't read the signboard print to make decision on that, but I won't take opinion of a "South African" seriously either who might have mistaken Hausa sign writings for Spanish he probably couldn't distinguish properly. Although the vehicle number plates with the signboard would have done final justice to this.

abeg go buy specs were

6 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Vicotex(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Whenever SATAN listens to one of APC's lies, he screams "GOD FORBID".

4 Likes

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by stinggy(m): 7:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Cannonleo:
zoom well to the flag above the last pedestrian behind the last Rev MRAP to the right and compare with flag below
Good observation bro!

1 Like

Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
And wat about the campaign posters on the poles of the street lights?
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Ur accusation is baseless
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by ejiro2130(m): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2015
Cannonleo:

Op What are you smoking?? Those two flags are not even remotely related
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 10:58am On Mar 08, 2015
ejiro2130:

i won't even bother trying to convince u.get a gud photo editing software and turn the exhibit flag inside out and flying low then see if they dont relate
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 10:59am On Mar 08, 2015
ejiro2130:

i won't even bother trying to convince u.get a gud photo editing software and turn the exhibit flag inside out and flying low then see if they dont relate at all
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Ur accusation is baseless
sultan I never expected anything less from u
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Moving on with the photo analysis, you
can also see that those cars do not follow
our our current Nigerian numbering
pattern. These are the LA 234 BG-type of
number plate and not LAGOS AA 234 BDG
pattern…with the “Centre of Excellence”
embossed and the numbering set in a
green-and-white background. zoom well and check
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Mr homerac7 I deeply want to thank u sincerely for u half baked uninsightful analysis of the photo above.
first of all u have a point about the nature of the post.yes I obviously have been doing my own inquiries and i have been really mad abt the way and manner the political gladiators especially the APC..have attempted to collective pour their bile on not just our collective pride and sovereignty but the institution that reps it...i opened this thread in a fit of anger hence the heading. pardon me for that.

on your first line you choice of words gat me cracking..I will refer you to my comments abt this issue on a certain thread based on this issue.feell free to go thru my posts and u will see.I disapproved of it from day one.so pls be careful how u address people.u never know the faces behind the console

i doubt totally ur second paragraph.u are not a beegeagle blogger at all.those who come on board or view that blog are analytical not insultivr on first approach.except for a few.igbi ND oje comes to mind.
you dont know my handle cos if u did..u rather skewed accessment would have passed thru the knife of truth ,common sense and analysis.I challenge and permit u to tell the world my handle on beegeagle. if u do so correctly as I always do I will come up and admit it else I humbly ask u to take ur half hazard definition of judging me of my thread .if u have no knowledge of my kind pls simply ask and i will give u a vivid description of my self.I try as much as possible to avoid insulting others on NL as I consider it against my rules and attitude but since u began with one kind manage the little I dish out to u.
two

high fantasy. lwkmd.Mr do u understand the word contribution,constructive crtiscism I tink you dont.if is would reply u on that particular word. what brings abt invention.what makes a human seclu himself from other surrounding himself with iron ,gun powder and sketch and the end product became the musket the grandfather of fire arms today.

it is ur defintion of fantasy that got individuals screaming for a change in orbat and doctrine in the NE and what do you see today..you would agree with me that my
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2015
so called fantasy as well as that of my ogas as well as beegs have led to massive changes both online and offline to not only top brass but down to the cradle of the military.
NNs centenary was first named where. pls educate me.
most of new weaponry fielded were first mentioned,analysed and debated where.
if that ur definition of fantasy then I want to be part of it every time.so Mr homerac7.I would advice that as much as ur rush to clean up my eyes you should check how many cells were depleted in ur brain first.wide eyed huh lol u have a twisted sense of humor
kid? where did u get that from..us indeed funny.ifbubswallow propafanda hook line sinker i definitely won't.
I urge u to go thru the pics again and give me concrete capable evidence then I will humbly retract and apologise to all in this house.
for ur info.oando operates stations thru out west Africa.from EG .Gabon etc.it is not a strictly nigerian biz.as for taxi colour s.I know the colour in borno and elsewhere.
beegs has a right to his political orientation. bottom line he is one one Nigeria's best ND runs a blog with a lot of sanity.as he will always say I have nothing to prove..
i have nothing to prove to u Mr homerac7.
have a nice day..
u have to the end of tomorrow to tell the whole of NL my account on beegeagle else kept shut for ever.homerac7
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Cannonleo(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2015
and lest I forget homerac7.I never knew that the PDP green white red stripes were horizonzatly placed not vertically again plus an inverted blue triangle joined the flag.when did they cahnge it school me pls
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by Vikkie14: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
I agree 100% with you Canonleo. That picture is not taken in Nigeria. Even if it is, then, what the fuss about it. Nigeria and africa went as merc to help britain when they are almost destroyed.
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by tit(f): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
me ma,
i will be happy if those botha south african are torturing boko haram.
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by homerac7: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Cannonleo:
Mr homerac7 I deeply want to thank u sincerely for u half baked uninsightful analysis of the photo above.
first of all u have a point about the nature of the post.yes I obviously have been doing my own inquiries and i have been really mad abt the way and manner the political gladiators especially the APC..have attempted to collective pour their bile on not just our collective pride and sovereignty but the institution that reps it...i opened this thread in a fit of anger hence the heading. pardon me for that.
on your first line you choice of words gat me cracking..I will refer you to my comments abt this issue on a certain thread based on this issue.feell free to go thru my posts and u will see.I disapproved of it from day one.so pls be careful how u address people.u never know the faces behind the console
i doubt totally ur second paragraph.u are not a beegeagle blogger at all.those who come on board or view that blog are analytical not insultivr on first approach.except for a few.igbi ND oje comes to mind.
you dont know my handle cos if u did..u rather skewed accessment would have passed thru the knife of truth ,common sense and analysis.I challenge and permit u to tell the world my handle on beegeagle. if u do so correctly as I always do I will come up and admit it else I humbly ask u to take ur half hazard definition of judging me of my thread .if u have no knowledge of my kind pls simply ask and i will give u a vivid description of my self.I try as much as possible to avoid insulting others on NL as I consider it against my rules and attitude but since u began with one kind manage the little I dish out to u.
two
high fantasy. lwkmd.Mr do u understand the word contribution,constructive crtiscism I tink you dont.if is would reply u on that particular word. what brings abt invention.what makes a human seclu himself from other surrounding himself with iron ,gun powder and sketch and the end product became the musket the grandfather of fire arms today.
it is ur defintion of fantasy that got individuals screaming for a change in orbat and doctrine in the NE and what do you see today..you would agree with me that my

Cannonleo:
Moving on with the photo analysis, you
can also see that those cars do not follow
our our current Nigerian numbering
pattern. These are the LA 234 BG-type of
number plate and not LAGOS AA 234 BDG
pattern…with the “Centre of Excellence”
embossed and the numbering set in a
green-and-white background. zoom well and check

Cannonleo:
so called fantasy as well as that of my ogas as well as beegs have led to massive changes both online and offline to not only top brass but down to the cradle of the military.
NNs centenary was first named where. pls educate me.
most of new weaponry fielded were first mentioned,analysed and debated where.
if that ur definition of fantasy then I want to be part of it every time.so Mr homerac7.I would advice that as much as ur rush to clean up my eyes you should check how many cells were depleted in ur brain first.wide eyed huh lol u have a twisted sense of humor
kid? where did u get that from..us indeed funny.ifbubswallow propafanda hook line sinker i definitely won't.
I urge u to go thru the pics again and give me concrete capable evidence then I will humbly retract and apologise to all in this house.
for ur info.oando operates stations thru out west Africa.from EG .Gabon etc.it is not a strictly nigerian biz.as for taxi colour s.I know the colour in borno and elsewhere.
beegs has a right to his political orientation. bottom line he is one one Nigeria's best ND runs a blog with a lot of sanity.as he will always say I have nothing to prove..
i have nothing to prove to u Mr homerac7.
have a nice day..
u have to the end of tomorrow to tell the whole of NL my account on beegeagle else kept shut for ever.homerac7

Cannonleo:
and lest I forget homerac7.I never knew that the PDP green white red stripes were horizonzatly placed not vertically again plus an inverted blue triangle joined the flag.when did they cahnge it school me pls

O you foool ! I hope you have seen the news of the President himself owning up that foreign military supporters are here in Nigeria. How does it make you feel now given that I have warned you about the customary bias of the "experts" you quote? Have you gone back to the blog to see how they neatly sidestepped the fact that their denials has come back to hit them at the face? Did ypu see how they quickly dragged the opposition into the mess in order not to make the central govt look so bad? Havent i warned you that it is a PDP apologist opinion you just took for gospel? Were you there when they twistrd and turned pix to "prove" Shekau has been killed THRICE? Did you see "Are James" tacitly rebuking your mentor to stop being a mouthpiece of PDP? Did you see the report that specifically mentioned that the pix above was taken on Bama road in Maiduguri?...tell me how you feel to know you failed to use your mind independently and therefore fell for cheap misinformation simply because you became too emotional...

The confirmation by mr President is my perfect response to your earlier misguided posts directed to me. I do hope you are wiser now sha.

"...in all your getting, get wisdom..." -Holy Bible
Re: Propaganda Busted.there Are No Mercs In Borno by nortcentrallord(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2015
homerac7:
@OP,

What is the meaning of photoshop? Get the definition and you will understandwhat the op is saying.

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Blasts Jonathan(must Read) / Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m / Pix Of Saraki When He Was A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.