Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,936 members, 7,828,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! (674 Views)

Picture Of Obama Holding Bill Clinton's Suit Jacket In 2005 / EXPOSED! Kalu’s Letter To Obasanjo In 2005 OBJ Doesn't Want You To See(photos) / How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by tit(f): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Colin Powell says he doesn’t have any of his State emails

By ADAM SNEED 3/8/15 11:08 AM EDT
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he doesn’t have any emails to turn over to the State Department.
Appearing on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday, Powell responded to revelations that he used a personal email account, rather than a government one, when he was in charge of the State Department. Questions about his email use arose last week when it was disclosed that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton used a personal email account during her tenure.
Story Continued Below

“I don’t have any to turn over. I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files,” Powell said. “A lot of the emails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and state.gov domain, but I don’t know if the servers in the State Department captured those or not. “

ALSO ON POLITICO
Clintons talk disclosure on foreign donors - but don't mention the emails
MARC CAPUTO
Powell said it would be inappropriate to comment on Clinton’s email use. The State Department’s policy on personal email accounts dates back to 2005, the year Powell left the administration.
“When I entered the State Department I found an antiquated system that had to be modernized and modernized quickly,” he said. “I started using [email] in order to get everybody to use it, so we could be a 21st-century institution and not a 19th-century [one]. But I retained none of those emails, and we are working with the State Department to see if there’s anything else they want to discuss with me about those emails.”
The emails he sent were all unclassified, mostly “benign,” he said, and probably not important even if they can be recovered.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/colin-powell-hillary-clinton-email-state-department-115870.html#ixzz3Tomm63Cg
Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by ba7man(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
So?? undecided
Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by itetemi: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
very wrong headline.

the united states department of state wanted a very secured network operation that they could exchange their mails on and not be spied on in the process.

emails had long been in use in the united states but trust Americans for their spying watch.

1 Like

Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Well d op is a sick frnd
Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by tit(f): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Well d op is a sick frnd
army will get you one day.
the only thing is that army does not have intelligence any more.

itetemi:
very wrong headline.
the united states department of state wanted a very secured network operation that they could exchange their mails on and not be spied on in the process.
emails had long been in use in the united states but trust Americans for their spying watch.

do not be mugun.
General powell say he is the one that brought email to state department.
he left in 2005.
before that time they were using 19th century method to work.
that is why they make so many mistakes that time.

1 Like

Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
tit I can arrange a doc 4 u
Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by francizy(m): 7:15am On Mar 09, 2015
tit

Weds

IbnSultaan

grin

1 Like

Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by reborn1: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2015
The op is brain dead cheesy
Re: America Govt Started Using Email In 2005! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
francizy:
tit

Weds

IbnSultaan

grin
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Faces Post-election Gloom: Treasury Emptied, Oil Marketers Owed N450b, M / Ghanaian Pastor Predicts Who Will Win Presidential Election / Opc's Armed Protest: Jonathan Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire If He Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.