Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? (19740 Views)

Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? by Ugosample(m): 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
honeychild:
I think the cause of the problem is this:
A lot of women endure very painful and bitter marriages. They go through life depressed and oppressed by selfish husbands.
They live solely for their children, sacrifice everything for them and hardly do anything for themselves. (As I am typing this I am wondering if I am not falling into that trap myself lol) And they console themselves that 'when my son grows up he will be do everything his father did not do for me'. When the son gets married, and she sees the daughter in law enjoying a life style she never had, of course she gets bitter and jealous.

I always remind myself and my friends - whatever lace or George or gold you want to wear, please buy it for yourself now and enjoy it. whatever car you want to drive, please buy it for yourself now and drive it - don't wait for Emeka to buy you 'jeep' when he grows up. He will not.

This is so true.
Re: What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
pwerrymansion:
Mine passed shortly after I arrived, miss her sometimes. If u want to make your marriage work, you have to start from the grassroot. As a woman, u have to wear the garment of patience and endurance. Dump your rights in your fathers house oh( talking from experience). Remember, for most of the MILs, there will always be tension and unhealthy cold rivalry. But in my case I acted like a pure zombie and conquered @ last. She didn't have any option than to love and accept me wink
dats exactly wat I'm doin 4 my bf's mum. She's nice though, I luv her wit all my heart!

1 Like

Re: What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? by DexterousOne(m): 1:10am On Nov 26, 2019
crackhaus:
When some of the women on this thread become mother-in-laws, I'm pretty sure their opinion and perspective will change.

Haha

Very true
Re: What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? by crackhaus: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Haha

Very true
They will become the evil ones in the future.
Re: What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? by nlPoster: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2019
And here we go again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.