Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship (2167 Views)

10 Ignorant Mindset Of Some Ladies Towards Marriage!! / 10 Ignorant Mindset Of Some Ladies Towards Marriage. / Check out the Creative Mindset of Man and His Unborn Daughter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
These are typical mindset of an average nigerian towards relationship...from my point of view.

1.A guy must be the one to spend and offer gifts to his girl to show how romantic he is.
Don't get me wrong this aint a bad idea but why and when has it become solely a responsibility of a guy to spend on a girl? What happens if a girl walks into a boutique and get a guy a cute watch without feeling she just made a unique twist to being romantic? Why wont girls take guys out on dates or take em for shopping? angry

2.Symbolic gifts are too oldschool.
Present flowers to the one you love has gone almost extinct in our nigerian society.What happened to the good days of loves cards or cute photobooks.Must it be an iphone6 Or a trip to the nearest shopprite? Heck! A good text can be more romantic than any material thing in some other places of the world. wink

3.A guy must initiate sex or romance.
Na only naija you go see konji wan kill gal but she go still dey do "suffering and smiling" waiting for the guy to make the first move.Even if the guy makes the move,she would still make it look as if she's not really interested...then head back home to self-service for africa. grin

4.A girl must succumb to sex as payback for all the spending.
In nigeria, if a girl doesnt want to have sex after an expensive date,she is termed a "bad market".But wait! If you want to enjoy happy ending after "spending" time,a hooker should be your very choice...for a special treat like that(making her feel special) am sure she's gonna lick your balls as an appetizer to an explosive night. lipsrsealed

5.We should break the bank to have a perfect wedding.
Cant we have a wedding of atleast 10 People in nigeria? Including the priest.Or a relatively simple wedding.Believe me some couple abroad have their wedding attended by only the marrying couples,parents,few witnesses,and a priest.Why go bankrupt for a 1Day or 1week(insert nigerians here) ceremony? angry

6.As a girl,having a long list of toasters is cool.
A girl claims she is "taken" on her facebook status but keeps posting pictures of her half naked self in exposed outfit every now and then.You then ask yourself why would a girl who claims she's taken become so desperate for attention like that?

7.As a guy,having a long list of side chicks is cool.
Every new chick straffed is an achievement to a nigerian guy.I dont really get this one.The girl feels in her mind she just got a new boyfriend,while the hunter guy feels he just caught a new antelope. cool

8.A date should be in a bar,restaurant or boutique.
No offense but nigerian peeps are not really a romantic bunch(including me).We ask a girl out on a date and next thing you invite her to the nearest bar or exlusive restaurant you know in town.Who says you cant take a girl out to a zoo,museum,stream,river or take a walk around the cool parts of the city...or something more fun? Must we eat or drink? What is a date again sef? undecided

9.We need money to have a healthy relationship.
So says the gospel according to nigerian girls or low self-esteemed guys. embarassed

10.Its not cool to be single.
A single girl or guy cant give a fvck about all the stuff listed here,but then again,how many people are single? There might not be a single person reading this right now(how do i know?) Maybe if you were single you wouldnt be in the romance section looking for relationship advice,tips and lie lie stories lol.In nigeria,majority of peeps feel its abnormal to be single.The guys want to impress the girls,the girls want the attention of the guys.Abeg where are the single and proud group joor? cool

You can still add yours...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
present sir!
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Cutehector(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Its an abomination to be a virgin
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by ShakurM(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pause
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Enegod(m): 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
undecided
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Na wa ooo. Little wonder we are highly stereotyped. When all we keep reading now are list of this and that. If you are of the opinion that you want to check based on these lists, you are eternally on your own.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by ilotriouzAY(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
1.A guy must be the one to spend and offer gifts to his girl to show how romantic he is.--as in hen,dis is what a lot of girls believe in...bt as for me,if I buy u a gift twice,don't expect anoda one until u get me a gift too

2.Symbolic gifts are too oldschool.--in nigeria,present flowers or card at ur own peril..just knw dat d relationship is gone

3.A guy must initiate sex or romance.---as for me ooo,its either u start it or nothing..I sabi tempt person pass anytin

4.A girl must succumb to sex as payback for all the spending.---like I said in no 3,its either u want sex or not.its ur choice..I won't force u

5.We should break the bank to have a perfect wedding.---dats y it is advisable to av ur money befor marriage..make money first,marriage later

6.As a girl,having a long list of toasters is cool.----dats dere problem

7.As a guy,having a long list of side chicks is cool.---its my problem grin

8.A date should be in a bar,restaurant or boutique.---a date shall nd will always be in my house..I can't take u to places whea u will drain me of my hard earned money.

9.We need money to have a healthy relationship.---*in davido's voice* owo ni koko

10.Its not cool to be single.--being single or being in a relationship has its own pros nd cons according to d level u are..what does a secondary skul student needs a girl for

1 Like

Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Djicemob:
These are typical mindset of an average nigerian towards relationship...from my point of view.

1.A guy must be the one to spend and offer gifts to his girl to show how romantic he is.
Don't get me wrong this aint a bad idea but why and when has it become solely a responsibility of a guy to spend on a girl? What happens if a girl walks into a boutique and get a guy a cute watch without feeling she just made a unique twist to being romantic? Why wont girls take guys out on dates or take em for shopping? angry

Present flowers to the one you love has gone almost extinct in our nigerian society.What happened to the good days of loves cards or cute photobooks.Must it be an iphone6 Or a trip to the nearest shopprite? Heck! A good text can be more romantic than any material thing in some other places of the world. wink

Na only naija you go see konji wan kill gal but she go still dey do "suffering and smiling" waiting for the guy to make the first move.Even if the guy makes the move,she would still make it look as if she's not really interested...then head back home to self-service for africa. grin

In nigeria, if a girl doesnt want to have sex after an expensive date,she is termed a "bad market".But wait! If you want to enjoy happy ending after "spending" time,a hooker should be your very choice...for a special treat like that(making her feel special) am sure she's gonna lick your balls as an appetizer to an explosive night. lipsrsealed

Cant we have a wedding of atleast 10 People in nigeria? Including the priest.Or a relatively simple wedding.Believe me some couple abroad have their wedding attended by only the marrying couples,parents,few witnesses,and a priest.Why go bankrupt for a 1Day or 1week(insert nigerians here) ceremony? angry

A girl claims she is "taken" on her facebook status but keeps posting pictures of her half naked self in exposed outfit every now and then.You then ask yourself why would a girl who claims she's taken become so desperate for attention like that?

Every new chick straffed is an achievement to a nigerian guy.I dont really get this one.The girl feels in her mind she just got a new boyfriend,while the hunter guy feels he just caught a new antelope. cool

No offense but nigerian peeps are not really a romantic bunch(including me).We ask a girl out on a date and next thing you invite her to the nearest bar or exlusive restaurant you know in town.Who says you cant take a girl out to a zoo,museum,stream,river or take a walk around the cool parts of the city? Must we eat or drink? What is a date again sef? undecided

9.We need money to have a healthy relationship.
So says the gospel according to nigerian girls or low self-esteemed guys. embarassed

A single girl or guy cant give a fvck about all the stuff listed here,but then again,how many people are single? There might not be a single person reading this right now(how do i know?) Maybe if you were single you wouldnt be in the romance section looking for relationship advice,tips and lie lie stories lol.In nigeria,majority of peeps feel its abnormal to be single.The guys want to impress the girls,the girls want the attention of the guys.Abeg where are the single and proud group joor? cool

Op nice one

Btw,any girl that will rely on that number...Y O L O is your name...and also that number two...I hate ladies that love forming posh...if you think you are too holy to initiate sex... Y O L O is your name also....and if sex is the only thing you are going to contribute in our relationship..Y O L O is also your name....you have been banged ny a whole village and you wanna be forming posh for me...get a life girl....you are a bitcch..
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by cyprianlah(m): 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
On point!
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
ilotriouzAY:
1.A guy must be the one to spend and offer gifts to his girl to show how romantic he is.--as in hen,dis is what a lot of girls believe in...bt as for me,if I buy u a gift twice,don't expect anoda one until u get me a gift too

2.Symbolic gifts are too oldschool.--in nigeria,present flowers or card at ur own peril..just knw dat d relationship is gone

3.A guy must initiate sex or romance.---as for me ooo,its either u start it or nothing..I sabi tempt person pass anytin

4.A girl must succumb to sex as payback for all the spending.---like I said in no 3,its either u want sex or not.its ur choice..I won't force u

5.We should break the bank to have a perfect wedding.---dats y it is advisable to av ur money befor marriage..make money first,marriage later

6.As a girl,having a long list of toasters is cool.----dats dere problem

7.As a guy,having a long list of side chicks is cool.---its my problem grin

8.A date should be in a bar,restaurant or boutique.---a date shall nd will always be in my house..I can't take u to places whea u will drain me of my hard earned money.

9.We need money to have a healthy relationship.---*in davido's voice* owo ni koko

10.Its not cool to be single.--being single or being in a relationship has its own pros nd cons according to d level u are..what does a secondary skul student needs a girl for
Bad guy. You need to be a boss to live this kind your life o,cos the new age nigerians girls are not smiling and too hypocritical(no offeinse) angry
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
kevinberry:

Op nice one

Btw,any girl that will rely on that number...Y O L O is your name...and also that number two...I hate ladies that love forming posh...if you think you are too holy to initiate sex... Y O L O is your name also....and if sex is the only thing you are going to contribute in our relationship..Y O L O is also your name....you have been banged ny a whole village and you wanna be forming posh for me...get a life girl....you are a bitcch..
End time YOLO nigerian girls angry grin
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Cutehector:
Its an abomination to be a virgin
And they keep forming virgin and spotless on nairaland.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Djicemob:
These are t

No offense but nigerian peeps are not really a romantic bunch(including me).We ask a girl out on a date and next thing you invite her to the nearest bar or exlusive restaurant you know in town.Who says you cant take a girl out to a zoo,museum,stream,river or take a walk around the cool parts of the city? Must we eat or drink? What is a date again sef? undecided

How many zoos, museums, streams, rivers do you have in Nigerian Cities?

Make una jus dey write nonsense make we dey look una.

1 Like

Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
Blackett:
How many zoos, museums, streams, rivers do you have in Nigerian Cities?

Make una jus dey write nonsense make we dey look una.
Zoo no dey ur city? Zoo no dey inside ur trouser? grin
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Cutehector(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Djicemob:
And they keep forming virgin and spotless on nairaland.
I wonder what some of dem r here for
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Djicemob:
Zoo no dey ur city? Zoo no dey inside ur trouser? grin
Sorry, but is this supposed to be funny?

Name the zoos in Nigerian cities and you talk of my trouser? Are you discombobulated?
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
Blackett:
Sorry, but is this supposed to be funny?

Name the zoos in Nigerian cities and you talk of my trouser? Are you discombobulated?
undecided
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by cutieberie1(f): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
lol...true sha
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by ivyT(f): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Op ur head dey there..*whether u b male or female
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by DollyParton1(f): 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
Djicemob:
b]1.A guy must be the one to spend and offer gifts to his girl to show how romantic he is.[/b]
It is still you guys that complains about a lady that offers to pay on your dates. You feel its an insult to your manhood.
Anyway stop dating rachets and Oloshos, they dont spend for guys.
Erm flower was never part of our culture. How many flower shops do you even see around. Very few innit?
How many guy has actually made the attempt to make photobooks or compose a romantic love message for their girls. They believe the way to a girls heart is by throwing around their coins.

Because its the immature ones within you that goes around making jest of that lady that intiated sex. You would say she is either an Olosho or Ashawo.

well you said it all.

Cos its part of our culture. Ask your Grandparents if the whole village was not gathered for their weddings.

cos its u men that keeps encouraging them. You would rather like her uncladed picture than a fully cladded one.

lol. I think everyone should start posting pictures of their new boos on Facebook, instagram and other social media for verfication purposes. Who knows, someone on your follwers list or friends list might know someone that knows someone that knows his/her main boo And they get busted before they straffed you.

Abeg how many nigerian cities has a functioning zoo or musuem. Those places are not well maintained. Some of them have only water in their relaxation anex. Abeg who would find such romantic.
And yes we must eat, a date is not complete without something to snack on at least.

9.We need money to have a healthy relationship
Money makes things easier.

This is the best part of the post. GOTTA BE SINGLE AND PROUD. WEAR YOUR RELATIONSHP STATUS WITH AN EFFING PRIDE .
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by LewisO: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
[size=15pt]Reading... [/size]
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by supremus: 3:11am On Mar 10, 2015
[size=18pt]No Money No Good Relationship[/size]
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 4:56am On Mar 10, 2015
[b][/b]proudly a virgin, #Team virgin...relationships is not all about sex get that in to ur heads. am not claiming to b holier than thou, but the truth has to b said the way youths of this days brag about sex,it nothing to write home about and premarital sex is a sin that can't go unpunished.look before u leap.

Bash me if u wish the truth is bitter and hard to be comprehended by b[/b]FOOLS.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Dollyparton1,lol i noticed how you conveniently made your points to suite the girls,but then it was no surprise.U try sha. wink
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2015
supremus:
[size=18pt]No Money No Good Relationship[/size]
For real? Like rich people have the perfect relationships?
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Rexhenrex:
[b][/b]proudly a virgin, #Team virgin...relationships is not all about sex get that in to ur heads. am not claiming to b holier than thou, but the truth has to b said the way youths of this days brag about sex,it nothing to write home about and premarital sex is a sin that can't go unpunished.look before u leap.

Bash me if u wish the truth is bitter and hard to be comprehended by b[/b]FOOLS.
Lemme get this straight, calling people fools would go unpunished but having sex cant go unpunished? undecided
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2015
Djicemob:
Lemme get this straight, calling people fools would go unpunished but having sex cant go unpunished? undecided
what is this one saying btw I didn't call anyone a fool,I categorically started that the truth can't be comprehended by a fool. so stop confusing Ur self or is that too hard to understand?
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 7:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Rexhenrex:

what is this one saying btw I didn't call anyone a fool,I categorically started that the truth can't be comprehended by a fool. so stop confusing Ur self or is that too hard to understand?
No beef bro.But how do you determine someone that is a fool? Someone who cant comprehend your post?
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by passionate88: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Your head dey there... In the end, we are all hypocrites
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 10, 2015
i dey come
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by DollyParton1(f): 8:39am On Mar 10, 2015
Djicemob:
Dollyparton1,lol i noticed how you conveniently made your points to suite the girls,but then it was no surprise.U try sha. wink
Because most part of your posts directly or indirectly referred to women.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
@ op....dat no.9 is totally wrong.....u must ve MONEY 2 spend on any relationship directly or indirectly...but u must'nt b vry rich 2 get a lady, jst ve enough 2 spice up ur relationship...Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four (4) Important Conversations To Have Before S-ex / House Of Mad Dogs / Women And Their Wahala. See What This Man Wrote On His Vehicle. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.