Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31056 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by vikyno(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Fashola is just a hyped governor to me. I laughed in Swahili when I read that statement. With the enormous resources at the disposal of the state, I don't see any big deal in his achievement at all.

The power supply problem in Nigeria is an age long problem. It was president OBJ that started the transformation of the power sector which GEJ is building on.

That was how Bola Ige boasted (as an opposition) during OBJ regime before he was appointed the minister of power, only for him to be disgraced out of the ministry.

Fashola should think of how to spend his loots with Tinubu and stop making unnecessary noise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by onatisi(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
It is only lagosians he can be saying all these rubbish to and they will be hailing him. He can provide electricity in 8months but with 10billion naira monthly internally generated revenue in lagos state,he still can provide good roads in 8 years. Yeye dey smell .
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
How well have U and Ur hausa/Fulani husbands done wt all d political power U have been hoarding since independence?

Guess in your stupid bigoted head. You didn't the foolishness of the person who started it in the first place right.

I don't know of any husbands but I do know of daft and senseless people who had a choice between the supposed FOLKLORE HERO Ojukwu and Obasanjo but preferred another over the they said they worshipped.

how many of your folks stay back in your enclaves if things are better than there.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Forwetinnah: 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
lastpage:

Hmmm.... yet at barely 10yrs of age, over 80% of you peeps will hop on the next available "CHISCO TRANSPORT", ....on your way to Lagos.... .....abandoning your erosion ravished land to your poor elderly folks! sad embarassed embarassed

Lagos traffic hawker, even you sef follow dem come!

Dearis guodu Oooo...Dearis guoduu Ooooo
**sheds crocodile Shepopotamus tears*** grin grin

Lastpage

Kwaaaaakwaaaaaaakwaaaaa!! Thanks for stating your hustle. You try sha?? How you dey manage for mb? Fashi OLe dey share am for Lasgidi too grin
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by nelson212(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
wisewisewise:
OBVIOUSLY FASHOLA IS VERY CAPABLE AND CONFIDENT. HE CAN DO IT ONLY IF HE WANTS TO.
NOT LIKE MR. CLUELESS CORRUPTION.
SINCE GOODLUCCK ABI BADLUCK CAME, NO RELIABLE POWER SUPPLY. ONLY RELIABLE BLACKOUTS AND ENDLESS EXCUSES WHY THERE IS NO POWER. ALL SORTS OF FUNNY EXCUSES FOR YRARS BUT NO POWER SUPPLY. JONATHAN'S "I WILL DO " HAS FAILED NOT ONLY NIGERIANS BUT THE WORLD

If u finish smoking ur grass can't u atleast sleep for a while? Why do u like coming to nairaland to insult the president and showing ur lack of gud home training? Can u tell me what clue do fashola, tinubu and buhari has?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Trailblazer1:
just as like Awolowo and Abiola undecided undecided undecided

Keep dreaming

Just like oju iku the president of biafra in his dreams undecided
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
gonon:

No the federal govt doesn't generate power. Haven't you heard of privatization?

Who own and is generating power from the power plants the FG is constructing and also the ones Jonascam is commissioning?

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Firefire(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Relax BRF, after may 29, you will be our minister of Power. All your enemies should go and hold transformer.

Fire fire should take note!

you are being deceived oooo

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by 1stola: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
clevvermind:
u are too foolish. Think with your brain ok. How can someone just vomit this rubbish and you just swallow it whole.
You are the one with biased foolish mind.
I blame your joblessness for that.
What did you call rubbish?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mcgaius: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

And for 8 solid years now,you are still struggling with Ago road

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bigtt76(f): 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nice one ....ar de Lekki now but ar nor de see light shaaa grin
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dokyOloye: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Guess in your stupid bigoted head. You didn't the foolishness of the person who started it in the first place right.

I don't know of any husbands but I do know of daft and senseless people who had a choice between the supposed FOLKLORE HERO Ojukwu and Obasanjo but preferred another over the they said they worshipped.

how many of your folks stay back in your enclaves if things are better than there.
U've probably never travelled out of d South West,thats why U reason like U do. We leave our so called enclaves so we can buy up all d land available and turn U to a tenant in Ur own land.Apart fro Lagos that was largely developed by non indigenes and Niger delta money as d former federal capital,there is no city in d South West that comes close to Enugu,Owerri or even Onitsha.Travel and see bro.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by NaijaFynePass: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
But Yoruba votes couldn't stop Obasanjo from 1999 -2007 tote author=pendy79 post=31499104]

no like the unparalleled and unbeatable AREMU OKIKIOLU OLUSEGUN OBASANJO.

1976 - 1979

1999 - 2003

2003 - 2007

when was the last time we had an Igbo Head of State again?

yea I remember 1966 and for how long a 180days adventure[/quote]
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
U've probably never travelled out of d South West,thats why U reason like U do. We leave our so called enclaves so we can buy up all d land available and turn U to a tenant in Ur own land.Apart fro Lagos that was largely developed by non indigenes and Niger delta money as d former federal capital,there is no city in d South West that comes close to Enugu,Owerri or even Onitsha.Travel and see bro.

Keep whining and crying while at this moments your slave brothers are packed like sardines in every Chisco, ekene dilichukwu, young shall grow buses running to Ibadan, akure, lagos and Abeokuta to come sell gala and lacasera on every available streets for survival.

Your beast like attitude is derived from your name South East. How market idiota
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by profoyekunle(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is an empty noise just to attract attention. A day has not been possible in the Nigerian history yet they are clamoring for 8 months
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by layinkakeem(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yeah I trust fashola than this so called Ambode !
Fashola really transformed lagos alot.
So tell me if he were to be the president of Nigeria, am sure naija will never suffer again !
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clevvermind(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
1stola:

You are the one with biased foolish mind.
I blame your joblessness for that.
What did you call rubbish?
abeg, go sleep. Tomorrow na school. Ok.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
OLADD:

It's a disservise to humanity if I don't talk to your senile brain. Any descerning mind out there definitely knows you are the real dullard. Now here yourself claiming you don't need pipe borne water because you have access to borehole! If you are not foolish, why do you need public electricity since you can equally afford generator? Your almajiri brain is worst than the people from the other side.
Y cudnt ur clueless gej use d same method 2 generate power 2 medical centres & other key institution in Nigeria ur thinking case is pathetic.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by micrep3030(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
I think is mocking buhari
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dokyOloye: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Keep whining and crying while at this moments your slave brothers are packed like sardines in every Chisco, ekene dilichukwu, young shall grow buses running to Ibadan, akure, lagos and Abeokuta to come sell gala and lacasera on every available streets for survival.

Your beast like attitude is derived from your name South East. How market idiota
Mark my words,those ppl selling gala and lacasera today will be d landlord of Ur children tomoro.Coscharis and co have already done that before.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by leofab(f): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
wisewisewise:
Mr OLADD THANK GOD FOR YOUR NAME. OLADD SAME AS DULLARDD.
DON'T DIVERT ATTENTION FROM HELPLESS NEAR TOTAL BLACKOUT ALL OVER NIGERIA.

DULLADD. NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT PIPE BORNE WATER.
WHO NEEDS GOVERNMENT PIPE BORNE WATER?
I HAVE MY. BOREHOLES.
WILL WE CONTINUE TO USE GENERATORS FOR LIFE

mumu if you get a borehole why not a generator?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Na today yash dey for back...fashola turn okada riders to jobless people.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
onatisi:
It is only lagosians he can be saying all these rubbish to and they will be hailing him. He can provide electricity in 8months but with 10billion naira monthly internally generated revenue in lagos state,he still can provide good roads in 8 years. Yeye dey smell .

What can you do or achieve in life after spending your whole life belittling and defeating yourself, thinking you can not achieve this and that because of this and that.

You people have zero sense of vision and initiative, you lack any kind of capacity to challenge yourself.

Are we surprised that the same Fashola is the most productive public official in the history of Nigeria?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by FrankOguns(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
So what have you been waiting for since all these years? Ewu meeee
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
The entire capacity of lagos ipp is just 47 mega watts and he is here boasting. Why didn't build one with a larger capacity. Even if other states benefit from it, the larger beneficiaries will be lagosians.
It is on record that the first governor to build a power plant in Nigeria is peter odili former governor of rivers state. And he didn't just build one, he built two power plants. That was almost 8 years ago. So if a governor has been able to build 5 power plants with 47 mega watts capacity.that does not even power any lagos household. What he deserves is serious tongue lashing not praises.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:
it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

MODIFIED.
Load of uneducated, misinformed and illiterate comment on this thread.

Power generation is on the Exclusive List of the Federal Government just like Security, Military and INEC.

No state can constitutionally generate more than a certain amount of MWs except THEY WILL SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL GRID FOR OTHERS TO SHARE, so Fashola knows what he is talking about.

LAGOS WON'T STUPIDLY GENERATE POWER FOR JONATAN TO SPREAD, TINUBU TRIED WITH ENRON AND WAS BLOCKED by obasanjo and PHCN.

make PDP comot for road, redemption don come.

OTIMPU, HOW MUCH DID FASHOLA PAY? APC cockroach...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
Mark my words,those ppl selling gala and lacasera today will be d landlord of Ur children tomoro.Coscharis and co have already done that before.

Aiya if only you know how my kids lived, your father would have commited suicide if he see the kind of life my driver lived.

Your life has reached its peak and can never go any further, I am made man up to my 5th generation and beyond and it is a carry on from my forebears

Thank God you agree you father once sell lacasera and gala. I'm sure he must have upgraded to Okrika now by Yaba railway line.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
osmosis2015:

OTIMPU, HOW MUCH DID FASHOLA PAY? APC cockroach...

Ashiere, oloshi masheanfani, omoirankiran,

Tell your mum I'm back, she can come now.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Danosophe(m): 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
APC, Fashola and ThieveNubu only doz works dat will benefit dia pockets. ThieveNubu has finally bcom de biggest Landlord/property owner in Nigeria in Lagos state, using his boys to declare salea of Lagos state govt property and buying dem. 16yrs dey could nt do any meaningful work in de Mainland because dey hav little/no property dere. De Mainlanders hav been suffering since ThieveNubu era.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mayorkyzo: 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
And what has the bastard being doing for the past 8months..some APC goons would believe him..no wonder apc said even if they picture dem stealing people would still vote for them...fucking bastard...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
olatunji21:
President Babatunde Raji Fashola
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2019 Insha Allah...

Are you on any medications or some?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don tire for all this broom riders and umbrella recharge card parties.d no even fit tell intelligent lies.sho dis guy Neva finish him light rail project since 4 years. him Lagos blue print Neva mature since 8 years yet,within 8 month him go give the whole naija steady light.how him go do am? too much broom riding/flying don d impair him thinking even with all d witches in naija,it isn't possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abubakar Tatari-Ali Cautioning A White Man - Caption Photos / Florence Ajimobi Celebrates 40th Wedding Anniversary With Her Husband (video) / List Of Bayelsa State Political Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.