Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 (39031 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Iamsynord:
Baba Buhari Oyoyo
APC oyoyo
March 38th Victory
Oyoyo !!!

What is oyoyo? village man.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by joelenesleek(f): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
anonyguy:
And this thing made FP with just three comments?

Kontinuu..

What you guys don't understand is that the Buahri of1984 is different from the Buhari of now. I mean those he worked with then will be different from people he will work with now. Why I'm voting for Buhari is not just because of Buhari alone, But people that will be working with Buhari is enough to vote for him. When you have people like Osibanjo, Fashola, Ameachi, kwakwaso.. You will definitely make a difference.

GEJ is not bad as you'all paint him; but people around him can't make me vote for him.. Even seeing FFK, Bode george in Lagos, Doyin Okupe the noise maker alone is enough for me not to vote for GEJ.

I watched their Governors meeting on AIT today and I felt like beating all the Governors up. I was even wondering if the meeting is for APC because I was just hearing APC this, APC that, Lagos this, Lagos that.. Even one of their senators challenged them to organise a video to show all their achievement so people can see what they've done.

APC may not turn Nigeria to England, but there will definitely be a difference.
will you vote Jonathan. If he should contest in future and claims he is a changed person?
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by papaskino(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
When I hear APC shout change I ask my self change into what or of what change is APC. Nigerians are wiser cos we can not go back to era of trade by batter cos it will definitely and authomatically crumble Nigeria fast growing Economy. Vote continuity! Vote GEJ come March 28 2015!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Elfenomeno(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Situation001:
do you want to compare that time to what we are facing these days...

if you like show me the picture of Buhari sending your father to jail....

I have decided.. and nothing can make me change my mind..

You've decided because you're a fool and a rigid idiot like your boss, Buhari. Situations and new facts can make people change their minds
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by yungboss(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
70,000 degree holders yet to have a job in 1983, how many are yet to have a job in 2014/2015?
count, how many graduates were killed in the course of seeking employment,after paying to secure invites?
do you think business men are happier today than they were in 1983...that's 30years ago...
corruption still lingers, probably worse now because there's no penalty for stealing.
please flash the other side of the Jonathan administration, lets compare...

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by tolexy007(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
pld4reel:

70,000 DEGREE HOLDERS WERE UNEMPLOYED THEN ACCORDING TO THE PAPER. HOW MANY DEGREE HOLDERS ARE UNEMPLOYED NOW ??

And what Was d population of d whole Nigeria then?
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by yomi007k(m): 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
Only in ur village
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by tuniski: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
bokohalal:
Only the Southeast and some of the South south cannot win the election for GEJ. The poll has a clear winner already.
only the north west and some tinubu yoruba can't win presidency for the perennial reject Buhari. A goat will defeat Buhari in a plural nigeria! Gej carry go. Change ko chanji ni! GEJ till APC knows what change entails bunch of clueless people. Imagine saraki chanting change in kwara and some lost souls cheering him on!

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by anonyguy: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
joelenesleek:
will you vote Jonathan. If he should contest in future and claims he is a changed person?

And is buhari regime as bad as Jonathan? For a whole 4 years under Jonathan regime, no high public servant has been persecuted for any crime; then you knw something is wrong somewhere. Go through the paper again nd you will see some good things about Buhari

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by sniperr007(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
anonyguy:
And this thing made FP with just three comments?

Kontinuu..

What you guys don't understand is that the Buahri of1984 is different from the Buhari of now. I mean those he worked with then will be different from people he will work with now. Why I'm voting for Buhari is not just because of Buhari alone, But people that will be working with Buhari is enough to vote for him. When you have people like Osibanjo, Fashola, Ameachi, kwakwaso.. You will definitely make a difference.

GEJ is not bad as you'all paint him; but people around him can't make me vote for him.. Even seeing FFK, Bode george in Lagos, Doyin Okupe the noise maker alone is enough for me not to vote for GEJ.

I watched their Governors meeting on AIT today and I felt like beating all the Governors up. I was even wondering if the meeting is for APC because I was just hearing APC this, APC that, Lagos this, Lagos that.. Even one of their senators challenged them to organise a video to show all their achievement so people can see what they've done.

APC may not turn Nigeria to England, but there will definitely be a difference.

U amaze me wit ur comment. In d world, d deputy or vice is invisible. Do u know d name of ur deputy governor?

Mind u, his same tribalistic,vindictive person Wu has lil or no knowledge about abt teal leadership.

Fasola,ameachi & co r bunch of corrupt pple same as pdp leaders.

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by mycar: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Buhari is not the solution, it is just a scam APC wants to use on us. Nigeria must not this to happen. They can remain as whistle blowers but for power, not yet.
Fire can be a good servant but sure the worst master.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by dartsidius7(m): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
theoctopus:

IF I am going to employ you, will I not ask for your CV? Will I not ask for your past records? Why do employers ask for references and why do they sometimes call your former boss?

If your past is tainted, we cannot trust our future to you. That is the most basic issue in any election. Buhari's past is useless so any promise from him for a bright future is a farce! You can keep your lie lie change!

Going by your logic of past references when it comes to viewing a CV. You are only talking about GMB's past records, lay that record beside GEJs' and then tell us why we should not vote for GMB (Just curious). If we had 75,000 unemployed youths back then and as at 2012, 54% of Nigerian youths are unemployed (based on the NBS). Even if you compare the entire population back then to now. GMB's CV is still looking better. The folks that applied for the NIS recruitment alone was close 75k. Infact word out now is that it has risen to 80%.

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by theoctopus: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
50calibre:

Stop giving senseless analogies, my point is clear-cut. We don't need to go into the past to find Jonathan's failures, they're right here, right now staring at our faces, the world is also pointing it out for you guys to see.

If you're trying to dissuade people by comparing an era that was clearly a paradise compared to what there is today, they you must have the reasoning of a goat.

1. You mean failures like the revamped and functioning railway?

2. You mean failures like the beautiful roads done and more being done?

3. You mean failures like the 12 new universities?

4. You mean failures like the beautiful airports?

5. You mena failures like the almajiri schools?

6. You mean failures like the agric revolution?

&. You mena failures like stopping the fertilizer scam?

7. You mean failures like increase in rice production and Nigeria now the biggest cassava exporting country?

8. You mean failures like the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge rail completed?

9. You mean failures like Nigeria now the 3rd fastest growing economy?

10. You mean failures like no more fuel queues for five years now?

11. You mean failures like the total port reforms?

12. You mean failures like free and fair elections?

13. You mean failures like YouWin, Sure-P, etc

They are too many failures to type, my hands are paining me already. He is such a huge failure then. I pray he keeps failing like this IJN! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Elfenomeno(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
pld4reel:

70,000 DEGREE HOLDERS WERE UNEMPLOYED THEN ACCORDING TO THE PAPER. HOW MANY DEGREE HOLDERS ARE UNEMPLOYED NOW ??

Can you compare the population then with now?? You people you stop being foolish and let's accept collective responsibility for our failings as a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Its shameful that many of you don't know Nigerian history. You can't judge buhari's military administration without the talking about his predecessors and the situation of Nigeria before he became President. Things are different now. The settings r different. The stakes and the games are higher. I am confident and sure that if buhari can lead Nigeria the way he did in those days, he knows how to repair Nigeria and make things better with his experience now in the democratic settings. What I can see with the campaign strategy of PDP is worst. They are just campaigning against... Y?... All I see is thuggery in d acts of FFK and FAYOSE. Let's go for the present day personality.

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by theoctopus: 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
yungboss:
70,000 degree holders yet to have a job in 1983, how many are yet to have a job in 2014/2015?
count, how many graduates were killed in the course of seeking employment,after paying to secure invites?
do you think business men are happier today than they were in 1983...that's 30years ago...
corruption still lingers, probably worse now because there's no penalty for stealing.
please flash the other side of the Jonathan administration, lets compare...

Business men are far happier today than ever in the history of Nigeria. Did you not read the statement from the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria? 70, 000 degree holders in 1983 is practically everyone who has graduated. Dont you get it? In 1983, that was everyone who graduated. That means, if 500k graduated, the figure would be 500k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Situation001(m): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
Elfenomeno:

You've decided because you're a fool and a rigid idiot like your boss, Buhari. Situations and new facts can make people change their minds
should I start to bring the headlines under this your gridlock administration...

just tell me one day under this clueless man administration that you will never hear a bad news.. if boko haram is not killing them somewhere.. the value of naira will be dropping.. and that doesn't stop the electricity generation of the country from dropping despite the fact that the prepaid meters is now almost x2 of how much it used to be..

and lest I forget it was under this clueless administration that fuel subsidy was removed even tho we know not what the money is being used for.. or have you forgotten the missing $20billion.. faruq lawani case.. the missing chibok girls...

infact I'm tired.. for I know I will not be able to finish if I start to bring the headlines we are having today..

and did I just hear you call me foolish because I said I'm tired of this stories and I want CHANGE...

my brother I'm very serious about this..

you are really in need of a psychiatrist attention.. with immediate effect.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by dunkem21(m): 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ehen, Wakacome, This thread dey funny like you o. shocked

grin grin
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by mayorkyzo: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
pld4reel:

And how many degree holders did we have then..having a school cert then was a sure banker for a job talk more of a degree...
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by UnstoppableOla(m): 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
Trailblazer1:
@op, thanks for the photos

I'm now convince

And I have decided

Buhari can keep his change
The past is always the past,it can never be changed.But there's always a second chance to change the future
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Final Decision!!

GMB all the way.

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
I will never vote for PDP....

They failed woefully....

I want change...

Change!!!

Change!!!!

Change!!!!....

The funniest thing is that Buhari killed my grandfather... And I'll vote for him... Its necessary that my grandpa has to die..he was corrupt angry

APC

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
dunkem21:
Ehen, Wakacome, This thread dey funny like you o. shocked

grin grin
I hail oh..
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by elbinmanny(m): 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
sseunhayor:
I will never vote for PDP....

They failed woefully....

I want change...

Change!!!

Change!!!!

Change!!!!....

The funniest thing is that Buhari killed my grandfather... And I'll vote for him... Its necessary that my grandpa has to die..he was corrupt angry

APC
1 of Buhari's 150 cows spotted undecided
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by jubrilar(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
papaskino:
When I hear APC shout change I ask my self change into what or of what change is APC. Nigerians are wiser cos we can not go back to era of trade by batter cos it will definitely and authomatically crumble Nigeria fast growing Economy. Vote continuity! Vote GEJ come March 28 2015!

I pity u, and ur generation
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
70000 unemployed graduates then and the population was close to 80m. Fast forward to 2015

Population = 177m

Unemployed graduates = 5m +

So the figure of the unemployed doubled like 71 times if i'm correct
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by pld4reel(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

That was how it started. 70, 000 was a very huge figure then. How many people were going to universities then. How many universities did we have then?

Sir, a little Google search tells me that in 1984, Nigeria has a population of 81.78 Million. so its very impressive if during this period, we got only 70,000 Unemployed Degree Holders. Nigerian youth will give anything to have this kind of statistics now, don't you think ??
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=elbinmanny post=31503294]1 of Buhari's 150 cows spotted undecided[/quote

PDP's thugs... Oya start ranting and bashing... That's all u can and will ever do....

All the way Buhari....

Buhari endorsed...
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by elbinmanny(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Just look at our economy during the oil boom under Buhari angry I cant entrust our economy in the hands of a man that had 150 cows in 2003 and still has same number 12 yrs later in 2015... are his cows homo.sexuals or lesbianz Where is the growth angry
Anyway GEJ....till Tinubu cures hia mouth odour undecided

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by elbinmanny(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=sseunhayor post=31503493][/quote]I sight u in this crowd

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by socialwritter: 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by ABUBAKARS(m): 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
@OP ensure u show important details like date next time. Look at this newspaper.
#IHAVEDECIDED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Buharist And A Jonathanian Hug Each Other (pic) / Queen Of England Presents To Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie An MBE Award / Governorship: Edo APC Changes Secretariat, Oshiomhole Notifies INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.