Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 (39035 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by blackiridis(m): 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
Iamsynord:
Baba Buhari Oyoyo
APC oyoyo
March 38th Victory
Oyoyo !!!

March 38th shocked shocked shocked
i need a new calendar tongue tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by gabeezugo(m): 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
anonyguy:
And this thing made FP with just three comments?

Kontinuu..

What you guys don't understand is that the Buahri of1984 is different from the Buhari of now. I mean those he worked with then will be different from people he will work with now. Why I'm voting for Buhari is not just because of Buhari alone, But people that will be working with Buhari is enough to vote for him. When you have people like Osibanjo, Fashola, Ameachi, kwakwaso.. You will definitely make a difference.

GEJ is not bad as you'all paint him; but people around him can't make me vote for him.. Even seeing FFK, Bode george in Lagos, Doyin Okupe the noise maker alone is enough for me not to vote for GEJ.

I watched their Governors meeting on AIT today and I felt like beating all the Governors up. I was even wondering if the meeting is for APC because I was just hearing APC this, APC that, Lagos this, Lagos that.. Even one of their senators challenged them to organise a video to show all their achievement so people can see what they've done.

APC may not turn Nigeria to England, but there will definitely be a difference.
I would have left you with your opinion if had said 'I will vote buhari for who he is' but saying you will vote him because of Amechi,kwankwaso,oshomole and of cause Tinibu. Please please NO! They re d same wit bode gorge and the others you called. No difference. Forget politics or propanganda dat video about Tinibu is exactly who he is. And he is the National leader of the party ooo. For me am not voting. PDP or APC dey re both the same, if you can't get a ticket for A you try B.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by 50calibre(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
theoctopus:

1. You mean failures like the revamped and functioning railway?

2. You mean failures like the beautiful roads done and more being done?

3. You mean failures like the 12 new universities?

4. You mean failures like the beautiful airports?

5. You mena failures like the almajiri schools?

6. You mean failures like the agric revolution?

&. You mena failures like stopping the fertilizer scam?

7. You mean failures like increase in rice production and Nigeria now the biggest cassava exporting country?

8. You mean failures like the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge rail completed?

9. You mean failures like Nigeria now the 3rd fastest growing economy?

10. You mean failures like no more fuel queues for five years now?

11. You mean failures like the total port reforms?

12. You mean failures like free and fair elections?

13. You mean failures like YouWin, Sure-P, etc

They are too many failures to type, my hands are paining me already. He is such a huge failure then. I pray he keeps failing like this IJN! grin grin grin

No I mean failures like this

You're such a retar*d who can't separate fact from fiction.

You regurgitate phantom achievements of your retar*d president because you're gullible & fell for it.

3rd fastest growing economy, yet unemployment is at an all time high, Nigerians are getting poorer... what is the per capita income of Nigerians, tell me?

You no longer queue to buy fuel and you think that's an achievement, how much do you pay for fuel?

Is Your expectation of your government so low that basics amenities like road, airports excite you so much? Wow that's the power of poverty!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by pld4reel(m): 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
tolexy007:

And what Was d population of d whole Nigeria then?

The population of Nigeria then was 81.78 Million.

A simple Google search with the Search word " Population of Nigeria in 1980s" will pop out the result for ya.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by theoctopus: 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
50calibre:

No I mean failures like this

You're such a retar*d who can't separate fact from fiction.

You regurgitate phantom achievements of your retar*d president because you're gullible & fell for it.

3rd fastest growing economy, yet unemployment is at an all time high, Nigerians are getting poorer... what is the per capita income of Nigerians, tell me?

You no longer queue to buy fuel and you think that's an achievement, how much do you pay for fuel?

Is Your expectation of your government so low that basics amenities like road, airports excite you so much? Wow that's the power of poverty!!

You are such a dundee! Running from pillar to post! You said he is a failure. I helped you to show his failures, now you are angry just like Lie Mohammed who wears pampers! You obviously have nothing to say. Your boko haram campaign is now dead as our troops are dsimantling the insurgents. I know that makes you sad and that is good for you. Ntoor! tongue

Keep reeling out your fake statistics. The one they give you people to spread at your APC data center. After the elections, they will stop your salary, sorry. Most of those who went for that job interview have jobs already and are just looking for what they believe is a better opportunity. Even my relation's friends who work in a telecom firm went for the job interview. There were 10 thousand cars parked outside the stadium that day. I guess its from poor jobless people too? Olodo! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by pld4reel(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Elfenomeno:

Can you compare the population then with now?? You people you stop being foolish and let's accept collective responsibility for our failings as a country

The population of Nigeria then was 81.78 Million.

A simple Google search with the Search word " Population of Nigeria in 1980s" will pop out the result for ya.

You are the educated illiterate who doesn't do any research before you rubbish people.

I was trained to do my research before making any contribution, I do not let my emotions overshadow my judgement.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by NemzySeries(m): 11:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
Situation001:
do you want to compare that time to what we are facing these days...

if you like show me the picture of Buhari sending your father to jail....

I have decided.. and nothing can make me change my mind..

Lol....seconded....(if u were a babe we must date by fire by force).....i second ur spirit man.....sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
anonyguy:

Kontinuu..

What you guys don't understand is that the Buahri of1984 is different from the Buhari of now. I mean those he worked with then will be different from people he will work with now. Why I'm voting for Buhari is not just because of Buhari alone, But people that will be working with Buhari is enough to vote for him. When you have people like Osibanjo, Fashola, Ameachi, kwakwaso.. You will definitely make a difference.

GEJ is not bad as you'all paint him; but people around him can't make me vote for him.. Even seeing FFK, Bode george in Lagos, Doyin Okupe the noise maker alone is enough for me not to vote for GEJ.

I watched their Governors meeting on AIT today and I felt like beating all the Governors up. I was even wondering if the meeting is for APC because I was just hearing APC this, APC that, Lagos this, Lagos that.. Even one of their senators challenged them to organise a video to show all their achievement so people can see what they've done.

amechi dude. u d serious?
shocked
anonyguy:

Kontinuu..

amechi dude. u d serious?
yes their must be a change in DAT APC fit turn naija to Somalia. I pray that am wrong incase the win
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by upsonn(m): 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Young03:
Unemployment, corruption and maltreatment snx 1960...
And ur sayin change..very good bt wt who and how wil d chang go?

70,000 unemployed graduates... And 1.5million immigration scam and about 12people death recorded plus the organizer of the scam job is not sacked and jailed... At 2014... Which one is better....

Team GMB.

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by hamingra: 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
theoctopus:
The problem in Nigeria is that history is not taught in schools. Buhari could never have been a candidate for any party if we teach history because he wont even win the primaries.

But thank God they cant change history. They can only try to distort it but the records are always there to show

In the same vain GEJ should not have become a President with his history of corruption and stealing as Governor of Bayelsa. Go and read up his history!
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by nnachukz(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2015
pld4reel:

70,000 DEGREE HOLDERS WERE UNEMPLOYED THEN ACCORDING TO THE PAPER. HOW MANY DEGREE HOLDERS ARE UNEMPLOYED NOW ??

how many people were able to go to school then? If he couldn't manage that small number then he can't and will never be able to manage this teaming number now. Don't forgot then, graduates were entitled to automatic employment and he failed woefully in that.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by theoctopus: 12:00am On Mar 11, 2015
hamingra:

In the same vain GEJ should not have become a President with his history of corruption and stealing as Governor of Bayelsa. Go and read up his history!

GEJ has no history of corruption in Bayelsa. That is some of the lies they tell you people at that your APC data center. Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 11, 2015
only 70,000 unemployed graduates then? today there is approx 30 Million unemployed graduates.
pld4reel:

70,000 DEGREE HOLDERS WERE UNEMPLOYED THEN ACCORDING TO THE PAPER. HOW MANY DEGREE HOLDERS ARE UNEMPLOYED NOW ??

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by hush15: 12:04am On Mar 11, 2015
anonyguy:

Kontinuu..

While I appreciate your opinion, there is dis saying that, no matter how hard a leopard tries, it cannot change it's skin. There are many sides to this coin called Buhari.

Buhari has unfinished business and the truth of the matter is that we can't know what's in his heart to do. He can tell us so many things his intent are his and his alone. But I believe he is definitely goin to settle some scores.

However, he isn't the big issue. The big issue is the party called APC. Look, APC style of government is oppressive, centrifugal and gangsterism in nature. Take a look at Lagos for instance, even the local government roles and functions are hijacked and done by the state government. The local governments are figure heads just collecting salaries and sharing allocations. Someone tell me am wrong. Everything is controlled by one man and the resource of the state is spent the way it pleases him, whether it's objective or not. If he is not benefitting from it, then it's nothing.

How bout revenues, the got a tax firm to improve tax collection and they entitled to 15% of that tax generated?? Even if a property agent sells a building or property, his commission is not more that 5 to 10% and that's for a very generous deal already. So lagos earn 40billion, and more than 4billion is pocketed What will they do by the time they generate revenue at federal level o!!!!

Is it properties, a school of nursing that caters for people aspiring to be life savers, instead of improving on the facility and donate it to the students, personal possession is what they could come up with??

Or is it civil servants welfare, they withold payments of salaries to support personal or party business projects and the likes... These are verifiable facts.

A staff of LIRS came around to my office today and she was just complaining that their jobs have been contracted out that they just there so that they won't say they not employed...

I tell you, if GEJ is habouring corrupt people and he is still has a compassionate heart to still listen to the masses, is it not better that a set of corrupt people who don't give a damn and still tell you and so what!

PDP maybe an error but APC would be a greater error cos they stand for nothing but themselves. Their fight is not for the people, it's for theirselves. It's just that the people are the vehicle to get to where they are going...

So again, rather than give my vote to APC, I will help Jonah to be better than what he was...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by tommysparks: 12:07am On Mar 11, 2015
We can't go back to our vomit, we are not dogs. Let's support other candidates and leave out this buhari and Jonathan if need be.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Faraidi(m): 12:07am On Mar 11, 2015
Young03:
Unemployment, corruption and maltreatment snx 1960...
And ur sayin change..very good bt wt who and how wil d chang go?
Buhari has been usless since the days of John the baptist

1 Like

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Faraidi(m): 12:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Situation001:
do you want to compare that time to what we are facing these days...

if you like show me the picture of Buhari sending your father to jail....

I have decided.. and nothing can make me change my mind..

that is because, you are foolishthat was because you are a recidivist
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 11, 2015
anonyguy:

Kontinuu..

A Leopard cannot erase it's spots nor d zebra it's stripes. More so my people have a proverbial saying that you don't practice the use of your left hand at old age. I don't know what it is about APC, but grandpa is a no no, I decided long ago.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by 50calibre(m): 12:20am On Mar 11, 2015
theoctopus:

You are such a dundee! Running from pillar to post! You said he is a failure. I helped you to show his failures, now you are angry just like Lie Mohammed who wears pampers! You obviously have nothing to say. Your boko haram campaign is now dead as our troops are dsimantling the insurgents. I know that makes you sad and that is good for you. Ntoor! tongue

Keep reeling out your fake statistics. The one they give you people to spread at your APC data center. After the elections, they will stop your salary, sorry. Most of those who went for that job interview have jobs already and are just looking for what they believe is a better opportunity. Even my relation's friends who work in a telecom firm went for the job interview. There were 10 thousand cars parked outside the stadium that day. I guess its from poor jobless people too? Olodo! grin grin grin

Shut up!! You're so impoverished, your expectations of your government is so low.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by kay29000(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2015
pld4reel:

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by kay29000(m): 12:37am On Mar 11, 2015
pld4reel:

70,000,000. lol!
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by kay29000(m): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2015
50calibre:
That's 1985 (30 years ago)

This is the present!!

Why should the past frighten people when the present is already worse? What's the logic behind this retar*ded reasoning.

A lot of Nigerians will die to go back to that era, if it means not having to experience the hell they're currently experiencing.

I wonder how some of you Nigerians think, if you can't prove beyond question that things are better now than they were 30 years ago, then you have no point.

Thank u jare.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by kay29000(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2015
nkowaputa:

What was Nigeria population then and now?

Nigerian population then was 83 million in 1984...so your logic makes no sense. We are double that population now, but employment is more than double...unemployed youths are in their millions now, compared to 70,000 unemployed back in 84.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by BraniacX(m): 12:59am On Mar 11, 2015
pld4reel:

Exactly!!!
If you couldn't employ only 70,000 then, you expect me to believe you will employ 1.5 million now ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Eluwilussit(m): 1:01am On Mar 11, 2015
axeman10:
Some of those headlines were 1986, one of them as far back as 70s...

My God! How low can people get in the name of clueless campaigns? Market your principal and stop playing on peoples' intelligence.

For your info... I'm yet to decide.

Which ones?
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by phebs(f): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
70000 unemployed graduates then and the population was close to 80m. Fast forward to 2015

Population = 177m

Unemployed graduates = 5m +

So the figure of the unemployed doubled like 71 times if i'm correct
Are pple sayin dat afta buhari ruled den GeJ. Or wat ? So many hv ruled so you total d problems of d past gov of unemploymnt to place it on gEj. So if buhari entas now re ur sayin he wil solve all problems its purest lies
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by kay29000(m): 1:13am On Mar 11, 2015
theoctopus:

10,000 cars? You head correct at all? Which space in stadium can take 10,000 cars? It can't even take a thousand cars.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by nkangam: 1:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Great
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Tymax(m): 1:47am On Mar 11, 2015
From the beginning I suspected foul play from the moderator. The OP should be punished for deliberate misinformation unless he can prove to us that Buhari was head of state in the 70s.

If the strength of your campaign is mudslinging then you have no substance. One thing Buhari is remembered for is order. Conversely, Jona is a herald of disorder, sluggishness and impunity.

I understand why you would rather vote for a man who doesn't believe in jailing theiving public officers. Corruption is the canopy under which you are most active. You cannot dare to operate under law and order- the more reason you lot feel stifled in countries where order is upheld.

Jona cannot give what he doesn't have. He cannot provide leadership for a country like Nigeria. All he can ever do is complain about his enemies and blame others even in his own party. He will always be quick to assert that the prevalent ills did not start in his administration as if he was not a PDP member when they started.

Nigeria deserves a man who is not afraid to clamp down hard on thieves. That man is certainly not GEJ.
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by socialmediaman: 1:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:
We can't go back to the dark ages as a nation. Not in our generation

NEVER AGAIN

you're still in the dark ages, what has improved? Is it the employment rate? or electricity? or better living standards, or modern speed underground trains, or what? When did you leave the dark ages? Or you're simply a paid supporter? or maybe an unsuspecting nigerian who has just been deceived by PDP agents?
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by Ilekeh(f): 1:56am On Mar 11, 2015
socialmediaman:

you're still in the dark ages, what has improved? Is it the employment rate? or electricity? or better living standards, or modern speed underground trains, or what? When did you leave the dark ages? Or you're simply a paid supporter or the unsuspecting who has just been deceived by PDP agents?

lmaoooo
Re: Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 by socialmediaman: 2:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Tymax:
From the beginning I suspected foul play from the moderator. The OP should be punished for deliberate misinformation unless he can prove to us that Buhari was head of state in the 70s.

If the strength of your campaign is mudslinging then you have no substance. One thing Buhari is remembered for is order. Conversely, Jona is a herald of disorder, sluggishness and impunity.

I understand why you would rather vote for a man who doesn't believe in jailing theiving public officers. Corruption is the canopy under which you are most active. You cannot dare to operate under law and order- the more reason you lot feel stifled in countries where order is upheld.

Jona cannot give what he doesn't have. He cannot provide leadership for a country like Nigeria. All he can ever do is complain about his enemies and blame others even in his own party. He will always be quick to assert that the prevalent ills did not start in his administration as if he was not a PDP member when they started.

Nigeria deserves a man who is not afraid to clamp down hard on thieves. That man is certainly not GEJ.

Bros but come to think of it o, Jona doesn't jail corrupt officials, he simply pardons them, are you sure he's not the messiah we've been waiting for? Tell me, who else but God pardons condemned criminals and gives them a new untainted life? It is well with us my people, we shall overcome. God pass them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Leads Nigerians In UK To Chase Tinubu Out Of Chatham House (Video) / Queen Of England Presents To Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie An MBE Award / Fulani Herdsmen & Buhari: FFK And Reno Omokri React (See Tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.