Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens (1979 Views)

Commissioner Who "Resembles" Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Him In Rivers. Photos / CJN Slot: Buhari Under Pressure, As Plot To Sideline Onnoghen Thickens / Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by abacusCm(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
As the general elections draw nearer, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan is driving up his re-election campaign across the southwest region of the country.

Jonathan, according to a presidential source will be in Ogun on a two-day meeting with party leaders and also with the former governor and chieftain of the Social Democratic Party, Chief Olusegun Osoba.

It was reliably gathered that serious scheming is going underneath on how the PDP will win the southwest, especially, Ogun state to spite former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

Our correspondent reliably reported that the President will today meet with some monarchs in Abeokuta, which according to the source, is in continuation of the meeting he had with the monarchs penultimate Friday after the commissioning of the second phase of the Olorunsogo power plant in Ogun.

President Jonathan will also be in Ijebu Ode tomorrow to meet with the Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona,Ogbagba II at his palace.

A palace source confirmed this to our correspondent on phone early this morning that preparation towards the hosting of the President and his entourage are in top gear in the palace.

The Presidential source told our correspondent that part of the meeting the President will be holding in Ogun is on how to convince the SDP leadership to step down their governorship candidate for a merger with the PDP,so as to be able to win the State in the April 11,2015 governorship election.

It was gathered that the talk had been on between the President and Chief Olusegun Osoba before today,he will be coming to finalise the issue with him and other leaders of the party.

It would be recollected also that the Social Democratic Party, SDP has endorsed the President, Jonathan as their Presidential candidate in the coming Presidential election on 28 March,2015.

According to the source, “the president is leaving no stone unturned in ensuring that he captures Ogun state and the southwest at large.

“I can confirm to you that the president is not comfortable with the stand of the former President. We know that Baba Obasanjo is strongly canvassing and campaigning for the APC and with his strength and charisma, if we don’t move faster, he may turn the table against us.

“Oga will be meeting with some royal fathers in Ogun. First with the Obas in Egba then later today and by Thursday, we will be at Ijebu Ode to meet with Awujale and other rulers from the Ijebu axis.

“The President will also be meeting with Chief Osoba in Abeokuta today. He wants to see how his party, SDP would merge with the PDP to ensure a straight victory for the party in the coming elections. Whatever is going to cost us, we are going to capture Ogun state and by extension, the southwest region. You can agree with me that after the North West region, it is our region here, the southwest, that is next in population and we are battle ready to capture the region.

“President Jonathan understands the power and respect the monarchs in this territories and we have resolved to win more votes through this. Royal blessings will be given and that will also add more to our victory, that I’m sure of.

“The frontier team have arrived the state since Sunday and they have been working seriously to ensure that where we need crowd, they are available. You know that one of our leaders, Chief Edwin Clark was in town on Monday and he was in Abeokuta and Ijebu Igbo. The visit has a purpose and is part of our plans and strategies.

“I want to let you know that President Jonathan is the best for the job now, he has everything it takes to move this country forward and he’ll continue with his transformation agenda and not necessarily the archaic change the opposition is clamouring for.

“I want to inform you that our party, PDP will win the governorship, the three senatorial tickets and the nine representatives tickets in the state. The tsunami has arrived to sweep out Amosun with his unfriendly policies and programmes. For any doubting Thomas, the way the APC won in 2011, is the same way we will reclaim our mandate back from them,” the source revealed.

When our correspondent contacted the former governor and the chieftain of SDP, Aremo Olusegun Osoba on phone to react to the issue, his line was not going.

But speaking with PM News, another chieftain of SDP, the Senator representing Ogun East at the upper house now and the candidate for the party in the March 28, 2015 national assemblies elections, Senator Adegbenga Kaka confirmed that the President will be at Ijebu Ode tomorrow to meet with Awujale.

The Ijebu Igbo born former deputy governor however declared that such discussion never existed between his party and the PDP, noting that, if such would happen, their candidate (PDP) will rather step down for the SDP governorship candidate and not other way round.

“I was never privy to such meeting and as a leader of the party, I am not sure such thing is happening. How on earth will such a thing happen. It can never happened and if such will happen,how will our candidate be asked to step down for PDP governorship candidate? It’s not happening and will never happen.

“But I can confirm to you that President Goodluck Jonathan will be in Ijebu Ode on Thursday and as the Senator representing the area,I will be around to welcome him.

“As we are speaking, I’m just arriving from Abuja to join our governorship candidate, Senator Akin Odunsi on Wednesday at Ikenne and on Thursday, I will be at the Awujale’s palace to welcome the President.

“Our governorship candidate and other candidates are still in the race. You can see by yourself, the way they have been receiving us in everywhere we have been to. You will see how the elections will go, it is ours and there is no going back.

“I thank you for your objectivity and unbiased reporting concerning our party in the state, I hope others will emulate you. We are not joining or dropping for anybody,” Kaka submitted.
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by kestolove95(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
If he likes...let him move his office to south west...since we saying "yes" to card reader...gej will. fail

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by saintTim(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
If he likes...let him move his office to south west...since we saying "yes" to card reader...gej will. fail

Buhari like u. Mtwee

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by onatisi(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
u are the ignorant person here , sit down and be typing rubbish , gej has already broken 50% of apc backbone supporters base in the south west within the last 3 weeks . His alliance with osoba is likely to signal the end of apc in ogun state. Better start expanding ur thinking horizon instead of listening to apc noisemakers on nairaland . There is no way apc or amosun will be able to defeat sdp and pdp in ogun state. Apc will lose the heaviest in states they think they will win most.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by samutd4u(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
I had a dream & in that dream, I saw..

I saw where someone is going baq to his 150cattles baq to sokoto after match 28th..
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by kestolove95(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
u are the ignorant person here , sit down and be typing rubbish , gej has already broken 50% of apc backbone supporters base in the south west within the last 3 weeks . His alliance with osoba is likely to signal the end of apc in ogun state. Better start expanding ur thinking horizon instead of listening to apc noisemakers on nairaland . There is no way apc or amosun will be able to defeat sdp and pdp in ogun state. Apc will lose the heaviest in states they think they will win most.
so why is he afraid of election and card reader?..mature ansa pls no insult grin

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by onatisi(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
so why is he afraid of election and card reader?..mature ansa pls no insult grin
so gej has told u or anybody that he is afraid of card readers ,abi? Keep believing every bull shit u read on nairaland . That card reader is what is going to destroy apc .
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by kestolove95(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
so gej has told u or anybody that he is afraid of card readers ,abi? Keep believing every bull shit u read on nairaland . That card reader is what is going to destroy apc .
On 22 of Novemeber 2014, DSS raided APC office,

APC is Cloning PVCs and trying to hack into INEC's data base......Maryln Ogar

INEC's database is not online...Jega

CARD READERs will discover Cloned PVCS and eliminate rigging......Jega

I will fight corruption with Technology ....GEJ

But now
We do not support the use of card readers...PDP governors forum

We insist on the use of Card readers...APC

So why is PDP that has not cloned cards against Card readers that will expose cloned cards and the APC that has allegedly being caught in the act of Cloning is all for CARD READERS?

IS THERE SOMETHING THE PDP IS NOT TELLING US ABOUT CARD READERS?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by steppin: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Op, source?
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by onatisi(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
On 22 of Novemeber 2014, DSS raided APC office,

APC is Cloning PVCs and trying to hack into INEC's data base......Maryln Ogar

INEC's database is not online...Jega

CARD READERs will discover Cloned PVCS and eliminate rigging......Jega

I will fight corruption with Technology ....GEJ

But now
We do not support the use of card readers...PDP governors forum

We insist on the use of Card readers...APC

So why is PDP that has not cloned cards against Card readers that will expose cloned cards and the APC that has allegedly being caught in the act of Cloning is all for CARD READERS?

IS THERE SOMETHING THE PDP IS NOT TELLING US ABOUT CARD READERS?
honestly u are not making an sense with what u posted . I asked u to show me where pdp oor gej told u he is afraid of card readers and u are giving me all this! The issue of card readers has to do with inec readiness ,ppl like u will only lie down in ur parlors eating fish and eba when innocent inec staff are killed by buhari cows in the north when those readers don't function well.let's Stay on the topic which is about oogun state politics .
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by Jorussia(m): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Iet's see how far all this frequent visits to the south west will take GEJ to.I can't imagine how any patriotic and sincere south west traditional ruler will endorse GEJ for nothing over no 2 position ( osibanjo),in any case, it is on record that in southern Nigeria, traditional rulers have little or no influence on who their subjects votes for in an election,unlike in the north.
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by onatisi(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Jorussia:
Iet's see how far all this frequent visits to the south west will take GEJ to.I can't imagine how any patriotic and sincere south west traditional ruler will endorse GEJ for nothing over no 2 position ( osibanjo),in any case, it is on record that in southern Nigeria, traditional rulers have little or no influence on who their subjects votes for in an election,unlike in the north.
u know nothing about nigeria politics . Stop basing ur assumptions on what u read on nairaland. Apc and tinubu have been rejected by the yoruba masses ,don't let anyone fool u. These oba have a say in who wins in their domains and tinubu had insulted all yoruba obas last year. What do u know about northern politics? From ur assumption I will say zero . Do u know how votes are secured and when voting decisions are made? Just wait and see what will happen. Gej has already secured 50% of yoruba land,nothing can change that but he wants to win the south west out rightly, right now apc is financially down and even their state govs have their own problems .this was my prediction earlier when buhari got the ticket,I said apc govs in the south west will not waste their money on buhari knowing fully well they have their own campaign to fund .the election postponement has wrecked apc spending plan. Just wait and see
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by OtunbaJega: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:

Can u please STFU already...
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by alaoeri: 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
What shall it profit the clueless one to tour the whole of SW sharing dollars & still end up in otuoke come May 29. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by Jorussia(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
u know nothing about nigeria politics . Stop basing ur assumptions on what u read on nairaland. Apc and tinubu have been rejected by the yoruba masses ,don't let anyone fool u. These oba have a say in who wins in their domains and tinubu had insulted all yoruba obas last year. What do u know about northern politics? From ur assumption I will say zero . Do u know how votes are secured and when voting decisions are made? Just wait and see what will happen. Gej has already secured 50% of yoruba land,nothing can change that but he wants to win the south west out rightly, right now apc is financially down and even their state govs have their own problems .this was my prediction earlier when buhari got the ticket,I said apc govs in the south west will not waste their money on buhari knowing fully well they have their own campaign to fund .the election postponement has wrecked apc spending plan. Just wait and see
we dey quarrel?abi you b FFK when dey speak with bitterness? Take it or leave it,my post you quoted above is nothing short of the absolute truth. You are happy that GEJ is wasting our common wealth on election. You are the only one That know about 9ja politics abi?Let's wait and see the outcome of the forthcoming polls.All theses money inducement steps that PGEJ,is only going to lead him to massive disgrace and shame by the grace of God.I am not Yoruba,but i can tell you that no sane Yoruba man/woman will reject no2 position for nothing. Which position is GeJ going to offer Yoruba that is more than VP?We all know that osibanjo can't be jumping from the palace of one Yoruba king to another for prayers and endorsement, because he is a MAN OF GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by dBard: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Jorussia:
we dey quarrel?abi you b FFK when dey speak with bitterness? Take it or leave it,my post you quoted above is nothing short of the absolute truth. You are happy that GEJ is wasting our common wealth on election. You are the only one That know about 9ja politics abi?Let's wait and see the outcome of the forthcoming polls.All theses money inducement steps that PGEJ,is only going to lead him to massive disgrace and shame by the grace of God.I am not Yoruba,but i can tell you that no sane Yoruba man/woman will reject no2 position for nothing. Which position is GeJ going to offer Yoruba that is more than VP?We all know that osibanjo can't be jumping from the palace of one Yoruba king to another for prayers and endorsement, because he is a MAN OF GOD.
True that you said.. the Yoruba masses will be hard pressed to vote against one of their own in a position such as the v.p, but..
almost everyone knows the vice-presidency is a more or less 'siddon look' position, very lil play in the game of chess that modern politics has become.
If GEJ were to offer key ministerial or national assembly positions, I think he might be able to sway majority of the ppl.

#myopinion
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by futmxconnectn(m): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
GEJ should continue wasting his time and other resources on south westerners! The same people he has been marginalizing for the past four years, the MDs of agencies and parastatals under FAAN that are south-westerners that GEJ has replaced with other tribe, the issue is still in our memory, he has also refused to pay the APC control states their monthly allocation and he expects the westerners to vote for him!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yea @team Egba for GEJ
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Yea @team Egba for GEJ
God bless u bro. No need for any ariwo lori nairaland .
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by nakamora: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
GEJ I need some dollars, I'm a southwestern you need to pay homage to me .Do that fast b4 28/03/15 .
Re: Jonathan Meets Awujale As Plot To Capture Ogun Thickens by Jorussia(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
dBard:

True that you said.. the Yoruba masses will be hard pressed to vote against one of their own in a position such as the v.p, but..
almost everyone knows the vice-presidency is a more or less 'siddon look' position, very lil play in the game of chess that modern politics has become.
If GEJ were to offer key ministerial or national assembly positions, I think he might be able to sway majority of the ppl.

#myopinion
GEJ cannot easily influence who will be the presiding officers of the national assembly,remember that the case of tambuwal is still fresh in our memories.No matter how you will view it my brother,no ministerial position can be equated with VP.VP in Nigeria is not sit down look position, except the VP himself is dull.I don't see how those who believes in the Yoruba project will abandon osibanjo for GEJ.With VP position, the Yoruba will definitely become a force to be reckon with in our national politics. Remember,if GEJ was not VP he will not be president today.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Dont Lie See The Real Tribalist Of Nigeria / Members Of The Jamaican Parliament [pics] / Jubilation In Pst Usani Usani Home Town Pending Screening By Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.