Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) (72850 Views)

Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by stepo707: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Better go back and make a complaint
Ok will go there 2moro.but how long does it take and how would I receive it?
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by twosquare(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:
For one who uses more than one bank... do I have to get BVN for each of my Bank accounts?
no...one bvn is meant for all. Walk into other banks you have an account with and tender your bvn given to you by the first. That's all.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by siegfried99(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
Humblebloke:

They will send it to ur mobile......buh I got mine within two days... U should go complain

Gboliwe:

What did you register?
BVN from GTB is within 48hrs. If you don't get it after that time, go back and complain

Was given a slip to come back for the bvn, I didn't get any Mssg since then, I have to go check next week then.

Thanks
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by echelons(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
njideoby:
CBN and its wahala! I have enrolled and gotten my BVN and equally distributed same to my different accounts in other banks. But my confusion is what happened to Nuban.
When enrolling for Nuban was reigning, offices and organisations were threatening their workers with salary stoppage if the Nuban was not provided. All of a sudden, Nuban was forgotten and now BVN. Tomorrow another government of CBN will fault this and issue another mode of verification and security. We the poor masses will be left with no other option than to still rush back to comply.

NUBAN and BVN are two different things altogether. NUBAN is just about uniformity of account numbers whereas BVN is a biometric process that makes interbank transactions smoother (among other things).

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by cliper230(m): 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
Boys wey dy run local go hear am

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
stepo707:

Ok will go there 2moro.but how long does it take and how would I receive it?

It took me just about 15mts. I got mine by text message the next day even though they told me it would be within 48hrs
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
hedonistic:

Funniest thing I have read this year. Even America's banking system loses billions of dollars every year to fraud (and our Naija boys - all the "elegushi spenders" and co - partake in this annual feast in the millions of dollars). If Fraudulent transactions have not been eliminated in the United States, it is laughable to even suggest that it is possible in Nigeria in the next 20 years. Get real.

So because they can't do it,we can't? .....very shallow thinking.. mchew

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by TRILLIONIAR: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
hedonistic:

Funniest thing I have read this year. Even America's banking system loses billions of dollars every year to fraud (and our Naija boys - all the "elegushi spenders" and co - partake in this annual feast in the millions of dollars). If Fraudulent transactions have not been eliminated in the United States, it is laughable to even suggest that it is possible in Nigeria in the next 20 years. Get real.

lol wire wire
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Help me o someone..I only went to withdraw at Skye Bank some weeks back only to be asked to enrol for BVN but I told them I didn't have account with them but they insisted I do it. I've not received any BVM from them since. My fear now is doing it in the bank I don't operate any account. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by stepo707: 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

It took me just about 15mts. I got mine by text message the next day even though they told me it would be within 48hrs

Okay thanks. I did mine at zenith bank but I think I will go do at gtbank then since they are effective
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by echelons(m): 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
indigene:
Who re behind this bank fraud? The road side vulcaniser, my neighbourhood tailor,my wife's beautician, the local market women or men? I will not do it, let me watch how my bank will deny I don't have an account. An exercise in futility

I bet you'll be one of those who will be crowding the banking hall begging for BVN enrolment in June.
Don't go and get enrolled. CBN won't even bat a eyelid before closing down your zero balance account. #FishBrain.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by bongolistik(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
And here is a simlified way to register and integrate all your bank account before deadline date
http://highteknology..in/2015/03/how-to-register-for-compulsory-bank.html
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by SporaD8: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
njideoby:
CBN and its wahala! I have enrolled and gotten my BVN and equally distributed same to my different accounts in other banks. But my confusion is what happened to Nuban.
When enrolling for Nuban was reigning, offices and organisations were threatening their workers with salary stoppage if the Nuban was not provided. All of a sudden, Nuban was forgotten and now BVN. Tomorrow another government of CBN will fault this and issue another mode of verification and security. We the poor masses will be left with no other option than to still rush back to comply.
My major concern is - what and where do banks keep earlier modes of verification? Are the datas safe or simply neglected?
Hope we know what will happen if those sensitive information get into d wrong hands!
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by UncleSnr(m): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Mine didn't take more than 15mts and it was in the ever crowded GTBank
Hmmm... I am allergic to queues especially in Banks.

I have done mine, but no confirmation shaa...
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by leo1234(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
Thanks for the information.
I wasted my time doing it in two different banks(gtb and zenith bank).
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by wagazala: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
Perhaps the database of the Bvn is shared with FGN and these numbers also used as Social security...ie we get an automated tax system?
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by USAutoBuy(m): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
What happens to account holders outside the country?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Malakh: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
blackjack21:
This is the mark of the beast. You cannot buy or sell without it.
I beg you my brothers to be sober. Whoever trade his life to the beast will have no life from our lord Christ.
gringringrintongue

21:45:55
Sun, Mar 15, 2015
but there's no escaping it, question is what r u gonna do if you can't drive, eat, school, rent, tranasact, or even worship or even live and move in the streets of cities...
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nickymezor(f): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
I have done mine since...Datz a great move frm CBN. I hope it's yield positive results in the long run. cool
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by airsaylongcon: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
My biggest problem with this is that they haven't told us what they plan to do with the biometric data and how they intend to safe guard it. Besides why do we have so many silos of biometric data. Immigration collects biometric for passports. Road safety collects for driver's license. NIMC collects for NIN. All independent databases which ought to be centralised. Until they can tell me how dey plan to do data protection I am not doing. Last last I close down all all accounts and keep my money as non-Cash assets.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
BiHung:
What of guys who are not in the country

I wonder oo
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Anointed08(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
stepo707:
Well how long does it take before am issued a BVN.I registered 3weeks ago?

I don't know the situation in other banks but in First Bank of Nigeria, it takes just two weeks after registration to get your BVN through SMS.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by blackjack21(m): 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Malakh:
but there's no escaping it, question is what r u gonna do if you can't drive, eat, school, rent, tranasact, or even worship or even live and move in the streets of cities...
Christ will make a way where there is no way
Hallelujah

22:46:53
Sun, Mar 15, 2015
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by engrhorla(m): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
stepo707:
Well how long does it take before am issued a BVN.I registered 3weeks ago?
u ar supposed 2 get ur BVN by sms under 24hours! However go to d bank with the slip u ar given to complain
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by onatisi(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
datguru:

Your head dey there. USA even use SSN and has more sophisticated verification system but are still been defrauded
bros u need to be better informed .there is no where bank fraud can't be perpetrated but give kudos to our banks they have done a lot .for example nigeria uses chip based payment cards ,usa banks don't use this ,that was why many people accounts were used on clone cards in usa,the american system still uses the magnetic stripe one . This bvn is biometric and with time atm cards with chip will have ur biometric information don't be surprised in the nearest future if u will required to do finger print verification before withdrawing from atm. With the bvn there are lot of benefits to the customer .

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by engrhorla(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Optimisticgondy:
Help me o someone..I only went to withdraw at Skye Bank some weeks back only to be asked to enrol for BVN but I told them I didn't have account with them but they insisted I do it. I've not received any BVM from them since. My fear now is doing it in the bank I don't operate any account. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
actually, u ar supposed to do ur bvn in a bank whr u av account! U av nothing to worry about tho!
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by echelons(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Optimisticgondy:

It doesn't matter where you are enrolled, whether you have account there or not. It's a CBN database, not a single bank's database.
If you have not gotten the BVN , just go back to that branch with the temporary ticket number you were given on enrolment. The will print the BVN for you. You can then go and submit to the banks you have accounts with.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
I'll try to do mine b4 the month runs out..

Quite an informative post..
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by JackDaniels1: 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
CBN and Bankers Committee should get serious for a while.Please ask them is there any similarities between BVN and the NIN(National IdentifIcatn Number) by NIMC.We were told over N30billion was released for this project by GEJ.Is CBN and NIMC not Federal Government agency again?This is policy somersaulting and corruptn we talk about.I see no sense in CBN going ahead to do BVN since we have NIN except NIMC is just there to mark time.It is high time CBN,NIMC and PRESIDENCY issue a public statement on this.As for me,no bank can force me to do any BVN, I have my National Identity Card which can function as BVN if properly utilized.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by engrhorla(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
Anointed08:

I don't know the situation in other banks but in First Bank of Nigeria, it takes just two weeks after registration to get your BVN through SMS.
I doubt u sir...1st bank, 2weeks!
Anyway, d normal thing is u'll get ur bvn under 24hours by sms. If u dnt, go back 2 d bank with the slip or ticket with you
That's all!
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by engrhorla(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
JackDaniels1:
CBN and Bankers Committee should get serious for a while.Please ask them is there any similarities between BVN and the NIN(National IdentifIcatn Number) by NIMC.We were told over N30billion was released for this project by GEJ.Is CBN and NIMC not Federal Government agency again?This is policy somersaulting and corruptn we talk about.I see no sense in CBN going ahead to do BVN since we have NIN except NIMC is just there to mark time.It is high time CBN,NIMC and PRESIDENCY issue a public statement on this.As for me,no bank can force me to do any BVN, I have my National Identity Card which can function as BVN if properly utilized.
Good point!
But let me say NIN is for identity purpose while BVN is for financial purpose. U'll agree with me that the NIMC stuff got K-leg(hope u knw wot I mean).
But truthfully, we wnt need BVN if thr is a national database or so I think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira / Where To Buy Wholesale Cosmetic Products In Naija / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.