Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others (5409 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Police To Take Over Security In North-east From Military:ig / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
A yet to be verified letter purported to be from personnel in the Nigerian army has fingered top military chiefs in plots to rig the upcoming elections.

The three page letter points accusing fingers at Nigeria’s army chief, Kenneth Minimah as having embezzled 5 billion naira and initiated the process of rigging the election.
Several other army officers are accused in the letter of having been positioned to rig the March 28th general elections.

The letter dated 20th of February and written on Nigerian army letter head is signed, ‘concerned citizens of Armed forces”.

We have yet been unable to get a reaction from the Nigerian army.

Read the content:

http://newsrescue.com/corruption-rigging-purported-letter-from-military-indicts-chief-minimah-others/#axzz3UMeHKo9e
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by Eneze1(f): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
The level of corruption going on within the Nigerian Army doesn't have rival. A letter coming out now that someone intend to rig the election is an open secret.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by DesChyko: 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
Let's see..

Imagine this scenario.

An APC fanatic gets the picture below (run a google search on Nigerian Army Logo), has a Microsoft Word enable computer, takes a picture of his signature on a piece of paper and transfers it via USB to the computer for editing and pasting on the document, drafts such propaganda tidbits (as usual) puts everything together with the blessed Microsoft Word and of course, malicious statements from his cohorts in the Army on some sets of people he/they want(s) to take down; Can it or can it not give birth to such letter like one above; an absolutely untraceable letter meant to smear the image of the present government, and nothing more? Don't underestimate the extent to which malice can drive a hater's creativity.grin
What else? Find an online news site and pull traffic with it. And have someone quote it on Nairaland to help Buhari's cause, and possibly, cause one or two e-wars on Nairaland as a plus.

Awaken Nigerians. Awaken.
Anyone who can't openly condemn is just rousing unrest.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eneze1:
The level of corruption going on within the Nigerian Army doesn't have rival. A letter coming out now that someone intend to rig the election is an open secret.

But this letter mentions names and gives specific details of culprits involved. It is definitely from very informed sources in the Military.

GMB is the solution to all these unprofessionalism destroying our country's sociopolitical and economic fabric.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

4 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by ozoigbondu: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
The rate at which fake open letters are coming to the public is alarming and dangerous.

Unfollows thread

3 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by mymadam(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
God bless Nigeria.
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by ManMountain(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
This government is setting this country up to inflame. Any little error now and the present tension that has reached feverish stage will set the country ablaze.
You simply don't expose your military to this type of political exposure, they are not trained for such political participation.

2 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by richybanky(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
[s]
ozoigbondu:
The rate at which fake open letters are coming to the public is alarming and dangerous.

Unfollows thread
[/s]
Trash
Read d post again for better understanding

4 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by Eneze1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
LRNZH:

But this letter mentions names and gives specific details of culprits involved. It is definitely from very informed sources in the Military.

GMB is the solution to all these unprofessionalism destroying our country's sociopolitical and economic fabric.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

To be sincere with you both parties are ready to rig the election if they have the chance. I don't see GMB as the solution to Nigeria problem because of those so called agents of change around him. Let's see if there will be any action taken in regards to this letter but as far as I'm concerned and with what I know about my country nothing will be done about this letter

3 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by ManMountain(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Unfollows thread
I know it's very easy for your type to easily wave aside this kind of letter, but don't be so sure that the impeding calamity will spare you.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
ManMountain:
This government is setting this country up to inflame. Any little error now and the present tension that has reached feverish stage will set the country ablaze.
You simply don't expose your military to this type of political exposure, they are not trained for such political participation.

And once the Military gets corrupted to this level the solution is a very tough one. It means all the senior officers above a certain rank will have to be retired to purge it of corruption And allow a fresh crop of officers to take over.

GEJ and PDP are setting a very bad precedence here.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by bamosagie(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
APC writting letter on army letterheaded paper, an indirect appeal for the military to overthrow government.
History repeating itself and we are all cheering. Same way UPN hobnobed with the military to carryout a military putsch in the 80s believing they would be benefitiary.

3 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by ManMountain(m): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
LRNZH:

And once the Military gets corrupted to this level the solution is a very tough one. It means all the senior officers above a certain rank will have to be retired to purge it of corruption And allow a fresh crop of officers to take over.

GEJ and PDP are setting a very bad precedence here.
There is just no way that Minimah will not have conflict of interest and his loyalty to GEJ will override loyalty to the constitution.
He was not made the COAS for nothing.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by ManMountain(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
bamosagie:
APC writting letter on army letterheaded paper, an indirect appeal for the military to overthrow government.
History repeating itself and we are all cheering. Same way UPN hobnobed with the military to carryout a military putsch in the 80s believing they would be benefitiary.
can you prove the part in bold?

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by TheOtherview: 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
d. In Oyo State, the General Office Commanding 2 Division, Major General NS Muazu (N/7627) was posted to the Division for the same purpose. When he assumed command, one of the gubernatorial candidates handed him over a brand new PRADO JEEP with Two Million Naira (N2,000,000.00) as a gift. Is that part of his mandate as a GOC?

Well, since GOCs became de facto Resident Electoral Commissioners (REC), anything goes angry

For the emboldened question, I refer the petitioners to Donald Duke's scoop on how Governors rig elections

A MUST READ: How Governors Rig Elections, By Donald Duke-Guardian

When the Resident Electoral Commissioner comes before the elections are conducted- of course when he comes to the state, usually, he has no accommodation; monies have not been released for the running or conduct of the elections and all that because we always start late. He pays a courtesy call on the governor. It’s usually a televised event you know, and of course he says all the right things. ‘Your Excellency, I am here to ensure that we have free and fair elections and I will require your support.’

Now, at that courtesy call, most governors, at least I did, will invite the Commissioner of Police because he is part of the action and he sits there.

[b]After the courtesy call, the Resident Electoral Commissioner now moves in for a one-on-one with the governor the says, “Your Excellency, since I came, I’ve been staying in this hotel, there is no accommodation for me and even my vehicle is broken down and the last Commissioner didn’t leave the vehicle, so if you could help me settle down quickly;’ and the governor says, ‘Chief of Staff, where is the Chief of Staff here?’ And the Chief of Staff appears. Governor says: ‘Please ensure that the REC is accommodated–put him in the Presidential lodge, allot two cars to him, I give you seven days to get this done. Then the relationship has started; I am going to share some of these things with you so that we don’t leave here with any illusions.

A lot of us, folks who have gone through an election or have been elected for one thing or another, see groups like Save Nigeria Group (SNG), the CLP as woolly-eye dreamers, you have to come down to the backsides, since I am now a hybrid between both. I want to bring you both down to backsides. Let me take you down to what happens so that you can change it because if you don’t change it, we here won’t suffer but I think of our children will.
[/b]
Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eneze1:

To be sincere with you both parties are ready to rig the election if they have the chance. I don't see GMB as the solution to Nigeria problem because of those so called agents of change around him. Let's see if there will be any action taken in regards to this letter but as far as I'm concerned and with what I know about my country nothing will be done about this letter

You should put on your strategist hat on this one. GMB is the solution but you fear some of the APC chieftains...mainly Tinubu.

1. Did OBJ, Yar'adua or GEJ dance to the tune of their godfathers once they got into power? No! Each became his own man. Once GMB becomes President his prerogative (and not Tinubu's) is supreme.

2. Without these 'agents of Change' there is no chance in heaven or hell that an upright man like GMB will defeat such a corrupt and powerful incumbent like PDP and get into power. It is the expedient thing to to do by aligning with these agents until power is got. What GMB does with or against them is a totally different unpredictable discussion .

3. Above all, voting out PDP is setting a precedence that Nigeria voters value performance. That is what we lack in our politics today. By 2019, GMB and APC will also be scrutinised and voted out if they underperform.

Please let us be expedient.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by TheOtherview: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Quote of the week.

“They cannot intimidate us forever. Let me tell you that my courage comes from knelling down, praying and asking God for strength. This time in South-South and South-East, we will not write result. We are going to vote and our votes will count and I am proud to be part of APC. You must vote and stay there because members of PDP are magicians,” Seminatari quoted Amaechi as saying.

Source
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by bamosagie(m): 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
ManMountain:

can you prove the part in bold?

Lai Mohammed will soon give an update in the name of press release...

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by midolian(m): 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nigerian military is at its worst under this administration..its bn privatized.

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by buharisambisada: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
[/size][/b]APC stop all this propanganda it can't stop baba buhari from going back to Daura and sambisa where shekau would habd over to him[b][size=8pt]
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by buharisambisada: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Where are the moderators this is so appaluing if somebody curse the brain dead buhari or Tinubu you guys would be quick in deleting the person smh

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by menix(m): 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hmmmm.....

PDP wan rig, APC sef wan rig buh unfortunately APC dey fear say PDP go outrig them, hence coming up wiv Open Letter Lies....

Tinubu wey b papa 4 Rigging, no one is talking abt him..

Well as long as semovita price neva increase am out...

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by rocoh(m): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
This is the Season of Open Letters.
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by tittop4: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Anything can happen but don't forget that the owl wey call rain,call rain upon itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by tommysparks: 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Why that letter is fake. The file numbering system in public service belongs to particular file and particular office hence traceability of any memo to its source of origin. Hence after putting a file number traceable to th point of origin you now attempt to use an anonymous group to sign. The letter. This is just a simple forgery that a primary one pupil with a computer can do. Very unintelligent just like the statement of result and result master sheet shown unto us a while ago.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by CyberWolf: 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
This idiotic OP is here again...You are tired of spreading lies using BH,now you've changed tactics..Don't worry, you will see what will happen to you soon...Just watch out angry...Hopeless nitwit angry

2 Likes

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
CyberWolf:
This idiotic OP is here again...You are tired of spreading lies using BH,now you've changed tactics..Don't worry, you will see what will happen to you soon...Just watch out angry...Hopeless nitwit angry

CRIES of a MOLESTED ANIMAL undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by Nutase: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
grin
Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by tittop4: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Subject: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE FOR

Your future depends on your choice

Fellow Nigerians, we have Just few days to our elections and below are some
vital things we must consider before casting our vote.

1. Buhari killed Ben ogedengbe by a death penalty for a crime that didn't
carry death penalty when he committed it.

2. Buhari doesn't attend the Federal Council meetings yet collects his
allowances. Mr. Integrity indeed.

3. Buhari canceled former Governor Jakande's metroline and forfeited the
$50 million paid for it by the then Lagos State Government

4 Buhari used Violence to stop the September 1985 National Conference of
the National AssociatIon of Nigeria Students.

5. Buhari jailed Tai Solarin and denied him his asthma drugs simply because
he campaigned against military rule and for democracy.

6. Buhari Jailed Nduka irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing a truthful
report which embarrassed his Government

7. Buhari raided respected Papa Awolowo's house and seized his passport so
he couldn't travel out of the country. Was he also corrupt?

8.Buhari threw Former vice President Alex Ekweme in jail even though it was
proven that Ekweme never stole any money.

9. He jailed honest and respected pa Adekunle Ajasin.

10. He jailed Fela Kuti in I984 for singing against the dictatorial
tendencies of his Military Government

11 Doctors, remember that Buhari banned the Nigeria medical Association
(NMA)

12. Buhari stopped Ooni of Ife for traveling abroad simply because he
visited the holy land of Israel in 1984

13. He broke up press conference of ASSU in 1984 and detained four of their
executives

14 He jailed Beko Ransome Kuti who only demanded for the release of his
brother.

15 He jailed Dr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe.

16 He jailed Awwal Ibrahim now the Emir of Niger State before IBB pushed
him aside.
Nigerians must be careful with what they wish for!

Please share this post to keep Nigeria democratic and free from
oppression.......I am a gejite and I endorse this message

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by deji68: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Forgery is now in as campaign strategy..... sad sad

1 Like

Re: CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others by LRNZH(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
tittop4:

Subject: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE FOR

Your future depends on your choice

Fellow Nigerians, we have Just few days to our elections and below are some
vital things we must consider before casting our vote.

1. Buhari killed Ben ogedengbe by a death penalty for a crime that didn't
carry death penalty when he committed it.

2. Buhari doesn't attend the Federal Council meetings yet collects his
allowances. Mr. Integrity indeed.

3. Buhari canceled former Governor Jakande's metroline and forfeited the
$50 million paid for it by the then Lagos State Government

4 Buhari used Violence to stop the September 1985 National Conference of
the National AssociatIon of Nigeria Students.

5. Buhari jailed Tai Solarin and denied him his asthma drugs simply because
he campaigned against military rule and for democracy.

6. Buhari Jailed Nduka irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing a truthful
report which embarrassed his Government

7. Buhari raided respected Papa Awolowo's house and seized his passport so
he couldn't travel out of the country. Was he also corrupt?

8.Buhari threw Former vice President Alex Ekweme in jail even though it was
proven that Ekweme never stole any money.

9. He jailed honest and respected pa Adekunle Ajasin.

10. He jailed Fela Kuti in I984 for singing against the dictatorial
tendencies of his Military Government

11 Doctors, remember that Buhari banned the Nigeria medical Association
(NMA)

12. Buhari stopped Ooni of Ife for traveling abroad simply because he
visited the holy land of Israel in 1984

13. He broke up press conference of ASSU in 1984 and detained four of their
executives

14 He jailed Beko Ransome Kuti who only demanded for the release of his
brother.

15 He jailed Dr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe.

16 He jailed Awwal Ibrahim now the Emir of Niger State before IBB pushed
him aside.
Nigerians must be careful with what they wish for!

Please share this post to keep Nigeria democratic and free from
oppression.......I am a gejite and I endorse this message

Your intelligence is simply sub par.

When we mention the achievements of Buhari in 1984 and 1985, you TANoids quickly claim that Tunde Idiagbon was the man in really charge.
But you're quick to ascribe what you deem as failings of that govt to Buhari and not Idiagbon.

Abeg go get brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inherited Or Looted: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Net Worth And Properties / We Lost Because Amaechi Talk Too Much - Defeated APC House Of Rep Candidate / Dino Melaye’s Bachelor Of Arts Certificate Is Fake - ABU Speaks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.