Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,646 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters (38554 Views)

Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card / Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Chinese Company Cancels Contract Over Jonathan’s Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by BizBloke(m): 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
donigspain:
HE IS AN AGENT OF CHANGE like the ones below: grin grin

Lmao. You again? Oh my days! I'll save this for future purposes. Kuvuki land!grin grin

@topic, politics in Nigeria is often funny. I can't deal!
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by siegfried99(m): 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
grin
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by donigspain(m): 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
BizBloke:

Lmao. You again?
I have all day!
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by afonomics(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
i comment my researve....
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by BizBloke(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
donigspain:
I have all day!

Okay o. Continue. cool cool
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by PLEXPLEX(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
[quote author=Youngzedd post=31637323]Free the man joor[/quote
The idiots must see pepper. Why u no go tier her poster?
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
Yea
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by driand(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
shepopotemus cuziing public assaults since 1167 ad

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by donigspain(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
BizBloke:

Lmao. You again? Oh my days! I'll save this for future purposes. Kuvuki land!grin grin

@topic, politics in Nigeria is often funny. I can't deal!
grin grin I bring the FUN in FUNeral. grin grin
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
FRANCISEKE1:
Tear that big belle man... .Apc tout....If them want remove all the posters but you can't tear it off our minds....Buhari will only be our president on Facebook and internet....not Here in Nigeria
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by holluwai(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Don't need to be an APC to detest this PEJ and GEJ dumbos!

4 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by FRANCISEKE1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bless you too
frankmishael1:
God bless u
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by 989900: 12:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
“Tomorrow, they will say ‘Mrs. Jonathan is corrupt.’ Through where is she corrupt? I don’t have any budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see whether there is any budget attached to my office. I don’t touch your money. Whatever I have, I worked for it,” she added.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

'Jona', where u waka jam this one?

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
spiritfada:

The visit of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to Edo State, was on Saturday disrupted when some men, suspected to be aggrieved youths of the Peoples Democratic Party, pulled down some banners bearing the image of the First Lady, at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the state capital.

Mrs. Jonathan was in the state to drum support from Edo women for her husband’s re-election campaign.

It was learnt that the men climbed the fence where the banners were placed and began to pull them down as soon as it was time for the First Lady to deliver her address.

Irked by what they termed to be an attempt to mar the visit of the President’s wife, some youths and policemen dressed in branded T-shirts, bearing the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria logo, accosted the men.

It was in the process of a brewing brawl that some policemen, drafted to the venue of the rally to provide security, whisked them away in a police vehicle.

The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Chris Nehikhare, said he had no doubt that the perpetrators were sympathisers of the All Progressives Congress.

He claimed that none of the youths who had turned out for the event would carry out the act, adding that the party would investigate further.

Nehikhare said, “I am sure they were APC people. No PDP youth will be aggrieved to the extent of pulling down the First Lady’s posters; every PDP youths love the First Lady.

“But I will investigate to find out and let you know tomorrow (Sunday).”

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Jonathan insisted that her husband would remain in office for another term.

She was accompanied by national and state leaders of the party.

Women, drawn from different support groups across the state, had turned out for the event as early as 9am. They, however, began to leave the stadium at about 1.30pm, when Mrs. Jonathan arrived at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium venue of the rally.

Unable to bear the scorching heat, two women fainted but were later revived by a medical team provided by the party.

The President’s wife said the presidency had been occupied for eight years by other geopolitical zones and asked why the South-South should be denied the opportunity.

She added that the Jonathan administration had performed creditably in various sectors such as transport and education.

She said, “In Nigeria, I saw a train last when I was very young; I was still in the primary school. But today, we can see the train is moving.

“Everybody stayed there for eight years. Now it is our turn; so, we must complete our eight years because God has ordained it. We will complete our two tenures; we will hand over.”

Mrs. Jonathan described the postponed visit of the wife of the APC presidential candidate, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, earlier scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, as a plot by the opposition to foment trouble.

She also challenged her critics, who had accused her of corruption, even when, according to her, no “budget or constitutional right” was accorded to the Office of the First Lady.

“Tomorrow, they will say ‘Mrs. Jonathan is corrupt.’ Through where is she corrupt? I don’t have any budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see whether there is any budget attached to my office. I don’t touch your money. Whatever I have, I worked for it,” she added.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/men-arrested-for-tearing-patience-jonathans-posters/

the man go hear wyin. but seriously, Police knows how to be active on PEJ issues but armed robbers are going free killing their colleagues.

4 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by BizBloke(m): 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
donigspain:
grin grin I bring the FUN in FUNeral. grin grin

undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by deletrue: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:
An era of terror, ridiculous levels of corruption, maldministration and intimidation, yet those who have sold their soul to ethnical and religious bias claim its democracy, why was Baba no arrested after he tore his PDP membership card? The laws of the land are enacted only when a poor man defies..

They just lost another voter, hopefully he has his PVC which is his power..
But some people brain sha. Obasanjo tear his PERSONAL card, this man tear another person card, na the same thing? Na waooo.

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Is this truly DEMOCRACY?

btw, is she a contestant? What's the purpose of her poster?

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
How can this speech earn you and your husband a vote from sensible Nigerians.

PEJ, you are murdering your husband's re-election bid. It's clear...

Pdp has degenerated to a useless party under GEJ's adminstration.

3 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by tochstorm(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:
An era of terror, ridiculous levels of corruption, maldministration and intimidation, yet those who have sold their soul to ethnical and religious bias claim its democracy, why was Baba no arrested after he tore his PDP membership card? The laws of the land are enacted only when a poor man defies..

no be only maladministration... na malnutrition.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by MRLINGTON(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
Beta officers...una go soon death
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by babestella: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
That is an electoral offence. Rule of law should prevail please so the man can learn his lesson. Rubbish. That is how they deface PDP posters and that of GEJ on third mainland bridge on a daily basis as if posters are made for free.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
See the stupid belle,two or more days in the cell,the belle will go down
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by babestella: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:

I think you left your brain in the public restroom, please go pick it up before you comment next time.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by M4gunners: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Abeg drow that man into prison at least until after election. Ba one the fellow that will cause problems after the result.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
What would you do if............

Check out this thread to decide

www.nairaland.com/2184045/buhari-jonothan-coming-yours
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by rman: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
Is PEJ contesting and Nigerians are not aware?

It is wrong to tear or deface another person's poster so far they are not on your property illegally.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by sonofspada(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
E don bizzle for the big belly nigga
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by hardbody: 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:

2 things, babas PVC is his and he can do whatever he chooses with it. The poster being torn is more or less public property or at least third party property which no one except the owner has a right to deal with. Again those guys were never lost as voters because they were never going to vote for mrs GEJ.

Police will at least make small money off them. I hope the people that sent them will provide bail money. Why wount you people be decent in these your elections? Even the owners of the process from where we got this stuff from had never been this mischevious, brutal and destructive in their own electioneering campaigns.
Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by Gozzzy(m): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
spiritfada:

The visit of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to Edo State, was on Saturday disrupted when some men, suspected to be aggrieved youths of the Peoples Democratic Party, pulled down some banners bearing the image of the First Lady, at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the state capital.

Mrs. Jonathan was in the state to drum support from Edo women for her husband’s re-election campaign.

It was learnt that the men climbed the fence where the banners were placed and began to pull them down as soon as it was time for the First Lady to deliver her address.

Irked by what they termed to be an attempt to mar the visit of the President’s wife, some youths and policemen dressed in branded T-shirts, bearing the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria logo, accosted the men.

It was in the process of a brewing brawl that some policemen, drafted to the venue of the rally to provide security, whisked them away in a police vehicle.

The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Chris Nehikhare, said he had no doubt that the perpetrators were sympathisers of the All Progressives Congress.

He claimed that none of the youths who had turned out for the event would carry out the act, adding that the party would investigate further.

Nehikhare said, “I am sure they were APC people. No PDP youth will be aggrieved to the extent of pulling down the First Lady’s posters; every PDP youths love the First Lady.

“But I will investigate to find out and let you know tomorrow (Sunday).”

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Jonathan insisted that her husband would remain in office for another term.

She was accompanied by national and state leaders of the party.

Women, drawn from different support groups across the state, had turned out for the event as early as 9am. They, however, began to leave the stadium at about 1.30pm, when Mrs. Jonathan arrived at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium venue of the rally.

Unable to bear the scorching heat, two women fainted but were later revived by a medical team provided by the party.

The President’s wife said the presidency had been occupied for eight years by other geopolitical zones and asked why the South-South should be denied the opportunity.

She added that the Jonathan administration had performed creditably in various sectors such as transport and education.

She said, “In Nigeria, I saw a train last when I was very young; I was still in the primary school. But today, we can see the train is moving.

“Everybody stayed there for eight years. Now it is our turn; so, we must complete our eight years because God has ordained it. We will complete our two tenures; we will hand over.”

Mrs. Jonathan described the postponed visit of the wife of the APC presidential candidate, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, earlier scheduled for Saturday at the same venue, as a plot by the opposition to foment trouble.

She also challenged her critics, who had accused her of corruption, even when, according to her, no “budget or constitutional right” was accorded to the Office of the First Lady.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/men-arrested-for-tearing-patience-jonathans-posters/
If jona, loses this election, he should hold his wife responsible!!!!! An educated illiterate is indeed worse than a plain illiterate... poster for a none aspirant... smh!

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters by chiomashine: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ride on Mama Peace, you are fully supported. GEJ till 2019. I still maintain my stand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Insults Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani-Bello, Islamic Cleric / Governor Ademola Adeleke Borehole Drilling To Mark 100 Days In Office Begins / Customs Boss, Dikko, Gives Resignation Notice To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.